Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all, has any tried the Fast Beach Diet? It is a 6 week plan that is a little stricter than the regular 5:2. I was thinking of giving it a go 6 weeks out from Chrismtas. Or, on second thought, maybe after Christmas during given I will no doubt indulge a little more than usual during the silly season. My niece has been on the 5:2 for the last seven months (she loves it and it has become a lifestyle for her now) and we were discussing the “beach” version as she is going to give it a go.

I downloaded the e-book version the other week and I think it would definitely be doable. The calorie intake on non-fast days is a little more restrictive and there is a no alcohol rule 🙂 Definitely after Christmas given that last rule lol. It mentioned it is good for those who might have hit a plateau or for those times of year where you need to give your weight loss a boost. It is a short term plan though, no more than 2 months, and users should return to normal 5:2 afterwards.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet? Nice to see I am not the only newbie today – hi to all those who have joined today/tonight. Have a wonderful week everyone and I hope your fast days all went well. Take care, Tania

Hi Lourdes and Skubi, welcome to our AUSSI DETERMINATION. The beauty of the 5:2 is YOU do it the way YOU find easiest. You can fast two days together, or any two days out of seven that suits your life style. Skubi if the Beach diet suits you, go ahead, they are akin, so let us know how you go. I love the 5:2 for the ease, it works, It is a new life style and very very doable especially for the long term. You can eat up to you TDEE with no food restrictions or alcohol restrictions on feast days and it’s surprising how many yummy meals you can come up with for fast days and 500 or under cals. There are so many sites on the web or pinterest with wonderful recipes it is hard at times to believe your on a ” diet” the fact restrictions are so low makes it so doable In the early days I found home made veggie soup and stir frys the way to go, filling but very low cal, we are all here to help you, support you, even suggest different foods. We have proved WE CAN DO IT and so can you. Good luck. We have weigh in on Fridays which we all look forward to so join in, you are not alone in this journey, we are there for you, have a great day, keep up with the fluids………..CG

Hi all

Everyone seems to be doing really well. The next couple of months will bring new challenges with going out for dinner and drinks with friends but what I like about 5 2 is we can work around that. No other food plan does this.

Just another brag lost 7.4kgs as of the this morning. Funny how you can loose a little for a couple of weeks then bam a lot in a couple of days. I stick to 1600 calories on food days and 500 ish on fast days spreading food out over the day.

I also do 4 circuit training sessions a week with a personal training group.

Have a long way to go.

Extremely happy so far.

Good Morning Beautiful ladies and Welcome Skubi and Lourdes.
    Skubi, I think I stole your height and weight…. I am 5ft2″ too and my starting weight was 84.5 kgs on 4 oct 2014.

Woooooo Hooooooo Bali2015, love your brag. Big congratulations, amazing loss.

Had my fast day yesterday and I also managed to hit the treadmill for 30 mins. 5 mins warm up followed by 10 mins continuous jogging and remaining 15 mins HIIT with 1 min running and 1 min recovery. 210 cals burned. Just need to build up on stamina and want to get back to 30 mins continuous jogging as I used to do 4 years ago. Weather or not I will be able to do it, is still questionable due to my heart condition. Well, I guess I can only try and who knows, I may succeed as well. 🙂

And now a recipe for fast day. I came across a recipe for Cauliflower rice on Internet and tried it yesterday. I don’t like the smell and taste of cauliflower, but I still gave it a shot as the reviews said that it does not taste like cauliflower at all. Let me tell you that it really did not smell or taste like cauliflower.

Just grate some cauliflower florets (you can put it in a food processor too, I just used traditional hand grater) put it in a microwave safe covered dish and microwave for 2 to 3 mins. and voila, you have ricey textured cauliflower ready to be eaten with any of your curries…
    It is important that you microwave the cauliflower just when you are ready to eat as it may get soggy if left for a while.
    200 grams of cauliflower rice only 50 CALS and I was not even able to finish all of it.
    One of my friends said that it tastes really good with fish and or egg as well.

Just thought that my lovely ladies here may want to give it a shot.

Enjoy your day….
    Go gal, missing you and hugs your way. 🙂

Bali2015, thought we’d lost you, what a great loss, enjoy your brag you deserve it and working so well, wish my back would let me exercise but I guess the bit of walking even though painful around my property is still beneficial. Fatblaster you are working so hard, congratulations. I spoke to Gogal last night and she will contact our thread when time permits, she is a bit tied up for now.
    Well the weather is warming up, making salad eating easier and more enjoyable, enjoy life girls, it’s what you make it, don’t stress the small stuff, it ain’t worth it. Enjoy a meal or dink with friends, those times are precious and may never come again. The 5;2 will always be there and is also very forgiving, that’s our way of life…….take care…….CG

Hi All Aussie Determination Girls and welcome Skubi, Lourdes, TannyBear, Tizzy, Kimmywoz and Reejo, you will find great support from all these lovely ladies.
    I had my second fast day yesterday and found it quite easy, as I think I mentioned before, I have a breakfast and then 12 hours later have a dinner. I have also found the Lipton Temptation Summer Fruits teas and with the Berry Medley, I brewed up 3 bags to fill a drink container and when chilled I added some chopped mint. This helps on my fast days, but I do drink it on the other days, as it helps with your water intake.
    I haven’t weighted myself yet, will wait until Friday and that will put me on the same day as most of you. I hope to get the go ahead to be able to walk again from the surgeon on Thursday, so I will feel a lot better when I know I am getting some exercise.
    l love reading about you all and love seeing newbies coming on board. We all are not doing this alone and this forum is proof of that. Loved the cauliflower rice idea, will certainly give that ago. Thank you all and have a lovely day.

Another vote for the cauliflower rice, and last year sometime we turned it into a pizza base as well. It worked well for a thin crispy base, now I will just have to find the recipe again.

Thanks for the idea Kvetina…. 🙂

Here’s the recipe that I found for pizza crust

” – Process the cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped.
    – Place chopped cauliflower in covered microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 8-10 minutes or until very tender.
    – Drain through a fine sieve, pressing down well with a wooden spoon to remove excess water/liquid.
    – Combine 500 grams cauliflower, 1 egg and approx 25 grams Parmesan in a bowl.

– Preheat oven to 230°C/210°C fan forced.
    – Line a 30 cm-round pizza tray with baking paper. Press cauliflower mixture firmly into the tray.
    – Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

– Top up with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings.
    – Bake for another 5-7 minutes and
    – Enjoy!!!

Hay FB, thanks for that recipe, I’ll be trying it Friday night
    Best wishes. ,..,,.CG

Hi all, I love reading everyone’s posts but I never know what to write, so tend to stay quiet!! I have been doing 5:2 for almost a month now with good results. I have lost 4kg so far, last week was a little disappointing at only a 100g loss, but still a loss nonetheless!! This week I have been a little stricter on my non fast days. You really can’t eat anything and everything!! who was I trying to kid!! (in my dreams maybe!) I am tracking much better this week, still trying to break through the “80” barrier (downwards that is!!) Last night I got the “my fitness pal” app on my ipad and just love it. It has made estimating calorie content much easier. A bit of a fiddle at first weighing everything, but it keeps all the info for next time. I just love how you can scan the barcode on the item (assuming it has one) and “hey presto”!! all the info is there in a flash. I know I’m showing my age, the younger generation would say “well of course, what did you expect!!” Looking forward to Fridays weigh-in to see how I’m tracking.
    Best Wishes to all you Determined Aussies!!!! kokotango 🙂

Oh another lovely new lady. Your are so welcome to join us. Yes,MFP is a wonderful app, I use it daily. You can eat up to your TDEE which makes calorie counting easy but according to Michaels book, there should be no need to be that strict and just eat normally, thinking one size fits all! Of course normally is not one size fits all, but if being conscientious about what you ARE eating, you tend to be so mindful of the big no no’s. You will still take the treat but not in abundance as in the past. There will be so many others like you Kokotango, sitting back and reading but not participating, and it’s such a lonely journey out there without support. So if your reading and holding back, come join the team, give us some input, we don’t bite, you will be very welcome. It helps your AUSSIE DETERMINATION when you are backed with our support because we know….YOU CAN DO IT………CG

Hi Kototango, Welcome aboard, you will love this forum and all the girls will give you lots of support. I have to yet get into the 90’s, so you are doing well. Keep up the good work. YD.

I’m male and weighed 100Ks when I started on 5:2 on 11th October. My wife is also on the plan which is great. I am 185cms tall, so I thought I could carry a bit of extra weight, funny how your eye sight plays tricks on you. We “fast” on Mondays and Thursdays, and find it relatively easy. Just a couple of Vitabix, a small amount of muesli and sultanas for breakie along with a white coffee. Another cup of coffee for lunch and a small dinner. We don’t count calories, but I think we are usually under our daily allowance or 500\600 calories. I have lost 6 kgs and my wife has lost 3 kgs. I have a target of 88 kgs by Christmas and 83 kgs within 12 months of starting when my BMI will be in the healthy range. One thing that keeps me focused is the Excel Spreadsheet that I created with tracks my progress, weight loss per week, total weight loss so far and BMI. I also have a graph with a goal line and trend line, and I so far I am under the trend line. I know that I could have used the one of the site, but mine works better for me. My wife has never been one for diets, but even she agrees that this is one is working.

Yahoooo, we have a man with us girls….Welcome welcome. Bjps, are you fasting everyday on 500/660 cals. If you download My Fitness Pal, it will take the guess work out of calorie counting. It gives you the count on millions of regular food, give it a try, it’s very east. I’m glad your both on board. We give a lot of support, share ideas incentive and we weigh in each Friday morning as you may know. Good luck ans again welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION….CG

If you go to the top of the page on How you can calculate you TDEE which is the amount you can eat up to on the non fast days. My Fitness Pal again is a great help. It’s surprising how many cals are in the simplest food yet the size of a low cal meal such as soup stir frys or salads. There are so many recipes on the web….meals under 300….400……5000 cals. Good luck, your doing so well already…..CG

500 cals that is not 5000, sorry

Hi all.
    My husband, who is also doing the 5:2 diet with me, works at our local hospital. Today a few of his fellow workers asked if he has lost some weight. He told them how he was following the 5:2 diet and some of them replied how he was an idiot for following such a stupid diet!!!! I am also guarded as to who I tell what diet I’m on as you get some really negative reactions!!! Initially I just wanted to tell anyone who would listen about what a great way of life this is, NOT A DIET!!! But now I just keep it my/our secret and wait for more kg’s to drop off. Why is it that people won’t accept something new & different and just assume it’s no good for you and won’t work??
    Has anyone else experienced this???
    So annoyed!! But we’ll prove them ALL wrong!!!
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
    🙂

Well said my Aussie mate. You will get negativity form people no matter what you do. The proof is in the pudding. This is YOUR life and your husbands, this way of life has been proven for it’s health benefits, so solider on, chin up, laugh at the world. When you reach your goals, you dan just give that knowing smile. Good luck, YOU CAN DO IT ….CG

Hi everyone. This looks to be the right place. I’m 52, male, living in central Victoria. I have a bmi of 31(!) and a complication of severe ibs since cancer surgery at age 21. The ibs discussion group on the website isn’t very busy whereas you guys seems to be really supportive and encouraging. Not sure if there is anyone here with ibs or similar but for the record on fast days breakfast is either a couple of eggs or some baked beans – both on a single slice of dry low-gi toast plus a couple of self-indulgent coffees with low fat milk and a little sugar. Also psyllium husk for fibre. Late dinner is a big bowl of lettuce/spinach/tomato/carrot followed by a bowl of berries with a dollop of low fat yoghurt then some more psyllium husk (the psyllium is from metamucil capsules – only the capsules don’t contain sugar or artificial sweeteners). Also tons of water and peppermint tea all day. I’m on my 3rd week of the 5:2. In the first 2 weeks I lost 1 kg and 2 cm of my ample gut 🙂 Was wondering if anyone else here lives with ibs and is on the 5:2?

Welcome BJ, Koko and Andrew,

BJ & Koko, it is a lot easier when you are doing 5:2 with your partner. BJ, you and your wife have done exceptionally well, congrats. Koko, I can sort of understand other peoples pessimism, afterall how many new diets come out almost daily. Just let the results speak for themselves and the naysayers will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Andrew have you noticed any improvement at all in your IBS since starting 5:2?
    I don’t know much about IBS, are there particular foods that cause you more problems? Stick around, we are very supportive, and most of us have some other issue we are dealing with.

I hope you all have a great week.

Hi Andrew and welcome ibs is a very uncomfortable problem, my daughter has bouts of it but keeps up with roughage as you do but I think there is different levels of it and she doesn’t seem as bad as she used to. It will be interesting to see of the 5:2 has any affect although I don’t see how. Of course plenty of water is a big key too. You have done well and you’ll find we are always here for a chat or support. It makes a big difference when you are not travelling this road alone, welcome again…….CG

Hi All and a big welcome to our new guys who have joined us. Andrew, I suffer from ibs, but not as servere as you. I know what doesn’t agree with me and I avoid those foods. What I have found it to be careful of the foods with gluten. I don’t avoid gluten all together, but as it is important to ensure I have roughage, as we have bowel cancer in the family, I do like to have a good breakfast with roughage. I have discovered gluten free weetbix, which I have with about 6 prunes and I also have lactose free milk. I don’t suffer from any stomach pain, since watching my gluten intake. My son has crohn’s disease, so you can see there is a weakness in the family. You are doing well, so keep up the good work. Looking forward to hearing from both our new guys and the journey the 5.2 diet takes you. Remember let the weight loss tell the story. YD.

Wow, so many new people joining in. Welcome and Hello all!!!!

Kokotango, I reckon we all understand what you are experiencing in regards to negative reactions. I had sliced carrot and apple with cottage cheese for my lunch on Monday and some co workers commented that this is ridiculously healthy and I need to eat some REAL food. Well, that REAL food got me to this stage at first place, so no Thank you.
    As others rightly said, when they will see a difference in you, then your weight loss will speak for itself. These people will then come to you for advise.

Fast day for me today. I am doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday fast this week. I can hear my tummy rumbling now as its expecting some food at lunch time. But No dear tummy, not until dinner time. All that you will get for lunch is Green gunpowder tea and some strawberries. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hi everyone, I am new here too. I read the book, watched horizon (once a while ago and then again when I decided to start) and am 5 or 6 weeks in now (have lost count!) THere was a week where I started my fast day right but then almost passed out as I had a nasty head cold so I gave it a miss for that week. I haven’t lost very much at all (1.5kg) but people arre starting to comment and my clothes fit better.

I am thinking about trying to go less than 500c on fast days to see if it works a little better – it seems a lot of people hardly eat at all on FD so I thought maybe I was eating too much, although I use Easy Diet Diary to track cals eaten (and it’s like MFP in that you can scan barcodes) and perhaps tracking on feed days too (although I was hoping to avoid that as I don’t keep it up). Going to try a cauliflower rice salad tomorrow and see how it goes (with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mint and lemon juice), and bought a nice medium sized mushroom to have for dinner (oked in the frypan with a little spray of oil). I try not to eat until lunch as it seems to set the hunger clock going for the day!

Hi all, hope everyone is travelling well. I am doing ok, to date I have lost 6 kg in just under 6 weeks ( which I am very happy with ) my cloths are all fitting better and I can see the difference in the mirror, but as yet I am still waiting for someone else to notice lol, but I am doing it for me not anyone else, for those who are fasting tomorrow,
    I hope it goes well for you all and you have a very successful weigh in day Friday ( or what ever day you chose to fast and weigh ) cheers Willbfit

Evening all you AUSSIE DETERMINATORS!!!!!!.
    Apologies…. Had to attend to a pressing issue.All is OK. Did miss you all!Its amazing how the thread changes in 24hrs.
    A BIG WELCOME TO Wllbfit,Kokotango bjps,AndrewofCasltemaine & Jaybe78. AND it’s raining Men! welcome boys. You have certainly hit the jack pot joining AUSSIE DETERMINATION ….YOU CAN DO IT.
    Again our Fast day is approaching…. Have we planned some yummy interesting menu’s of 500/600 cals to make the day enjoyable? and of course our fluids….jugs of refreshing mint, lemons and cucumber..

You have all done fabulously over the past days. You should all be patting yourselves and partners on the back.!

I wish I could have the cauliflower recipes, as I have already commented previously my mere male will not have it in the house.
    Have a great day tomorrow. My FATBLASTER.. kid, you doing me proud !loTs of hugs!
    My wonderful friend COUNTRY GIRL.. Our ROCK …love to you!
    We are altogether in this journey , no of us will ever be alone beacause OUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION PUSHES US FORWARD WITH CONFIDENCE ,STRENGTH AND WILLPOWER…..GO GAL

Hi everyone. Week two for me and I didn’t go so well today. I’m glad there is tomorrow and next week. Im finding from 3 onwards hard. I learnt a big lesson today: don’t go to shops in afternoon of a fast day!!! Lesson learned. Cheers. Marelda

Hi again, bit more about me. Based in Perth and am a home duties mum, trying to do a bit more for herself, which includes eating less! I’m thinks the save the calories for the end of the fast day is the way to go. I find that the hardest. I’m never giving up! Take care all. Reldz

Hi Hun, Dont try to save calories.. go for a fibre and bulk approach I say.. let the fibre fill you before you run low on calories and you will find it much easier 🙂

Don’t forget cooking chilling and reheating pasta the next day makes it less calorie rich and more packed with fibre 🙂

Good morning everyone and welcome to our newbies. Another fast day is upon most of us. I find it easier to eat later in the day on fast days, breakfast seems to start the hunger going so if I hold out until around 12.00-1.00 for brunch drinking plenty of fluids, teas, coffee, fruity water I can manage, also keeping busy to get my mind off food. Remember it’s only one day YOU CAN DO IT, it’s not always easy as a lot of us found last Thursday but then Monday was a breeze? Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, you are the one who will reap the benefit all due to a bit of self control for such a short time. Hang in there, weigh in tomorrow so give yourself something to look forward too. I know that too can sometimes be a bit of a let down but if you picture what you would have eaten, and didn’t, it must be better for you. Have a great day, good luck, take care….CG

Hi everyone, so nice to be able to share a fast day with you all. I’m going to do my usual routine of saving my calories up for a one larger meal tonight with the family. It’s a public holiday here in Hobart today, so it will be harder as I’m not at work to keep me occupied and my mind off food 🙂 thank goodness for my cups of tea. Cheers and good luck everyone, Kim.

Great post Countrygal,lets kick this FD in the butt! Think of each hunger pang as a nagging child, YOU know what’s best, so just tell it to be patient and stay in charge!

All set with my cauliflower tabouli and apple at work today, it’s the jar of jelly beans at home that I have to look out for (my daughter won it in a guess the number game)! Remember if you feel like you’re about to cave, go for water first then try carrots/celery/lettuce and the like before reaching for the high cal snacks or carbs. My other tactic is to write in whatever I want to eat into the calorie counter diary entry to see how much impact it will have to my total before I put it in my mouth.

I am feeling quite hungry this morning but as I didn’t do so well on monday, I am GOING to be under today!

Good morning one n all,
    And All the best to everyone who has fast day today. Mine was yesterday and I ended up having 580 cals. Well, i like the idea of putting in calories on diary before putting anything in my mouth. I will start to follow this from NOW. Thanks for the tip Jaybee78.
    I try to match my fast days with rest of you on Monday n Thursday, but for some reason or other, cant fit in Thursday as a fast day. Will try next week again 🙂 Another fast day (3rd this week) tomorrow for me. I am planning to do only water fast tomorrow. Lets see if I can do it or not????
    Also, my weigh in day was today ….. I am down by 1 kg since last week saturday. Yipeeeeee, happy me.
    Start weight (4 Oct 2014) 84.5 kgs
    Current weight (23 Oct 2014) 80.2 kgs
    Loss in just under 3 weeks is 4.3 kilos with 3 to 4 days of proper exercise in 3 weeks.

Its a festival day for me today, so I may end up eating approx 3000 cals but I am not going to count cals for feast dinner tonight. Followed by weekend away with friends at the beach consisting of food n alcohol.
    So, my plan for next week will be to maintain this weight at 80.2 kgs and will be doing 3 fast days next week as well.

Go Gal so nice to hear from you. Good to know that all’s well. We all miss your motivating posts here 🙂
    So, all those with Fast Day today, YOU CAN DO IT. As CG says let that AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in. We are STRONG n we CAN DO IT….

Morning all, Thanks Gregc! Good luck to those fasting today. 🙂

Ah that’s better – just ate my 63cal lunch and it actually wasn’t that bad! I think I quite like raw cauli after all! A girl at work was looking at it and saying she’d heard of doing cauliflower rice but it didn’t appeal, and she grimmaced at my tub full (used 150g cauli, 100g cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes and a teaspoon of lemon zest and juice). I finished the lot and enjoyed every mouthful. The FD definitely helps you enjoy your food more.

Hi jaybee78, what great ideas with food, I’m doing the cauli tabouli tonight with some prawns, and your lunch sounds perfect. As for the girl at work, Ignore the ignorant, they are the ones missing out on the good life……..CG

Hello everyone….have been a tad busy lately so haven’t been on for a few days. Thanks everyone for your support from what I shared about my life….especially Kevtina 🙂

Fast day again today…..didn’t really want to do it today, but now I’m in the swing of it, it’s been pretty easy so far. Looking forward to lunch that’s for sure!

I’ve been given two cookbooks this year on the Paleo diet (which I don’t agree with btw) and there is a recipe for cauli rice in it, which I was very doubtful of trying, but after what’s been shared, think I will give it ago….I actually like cauliflower and grow my own during the season….when we have cauliflower everything….but my favourite is of course….au gratin with heaps of white sauce, bacon & cheese…naughty mentioning on a fast day lol!

Welcome to all our newbies! You will find lots of support and DETERMINED AUSSIES on this thread! GO US!

Hi all, I am having truly great fast day!. I have had black coffee, tea and water up till 1.30pm . Just know had 20 almonds . My mouth is salivating with your cauliflower meals… Hubby would smell it,the minute he came through the door!
    Decided and planned that I would just do fluids today with the nuts .I’m doing a roast pork with plenty of vegies for dinner tonight, so I want to save my calories so I can enjoy it.
    Hope you are all enjoying your fast day.
    We are all showing our AUSSIE DETERMINATION exceptionally well today ….Because WE CAN DO IT!……..GO GAL

Andrew my stepson has been diagnosed with IBS….he did a low fodmap diet for a number of weeks and then re-introduced food and found that he has bad re-actions (lots of pain and gastric upsets) to gluten and lactose….he’s cut these of of his diet and feels much better…..plus he’s lost about 15kgs…which he did need to lose.

OH! Foxy that was sooooo cruel, mentioning the au gratin. I’m smelling the bacon right now…… so time for a green tea……
    Poor Andrew .. I have nursed a few kids that are gluten and lacto intolerant.. Their have so much discomfort with their tummies, it is heartbreaking to watch them.
    Glad to know he is much better and tolerating other foods……..GO GAL

Before fasting stay committed to your weight loss, you need to be focused.
    It takes a lot of mental and physical energy to change your habits… 🙂

My daughter had a salicylate intolerance as a baby, and still a little now, so we just keep an eye on it and cut back if needed. Luckily she was able to develop some tolerance as they are in all the good stuff! We had her off fructose and sucrose at the same time as investigating salycilates and with a coeliac hubby it was very difficult to find meals for all the family! We kept her on a very low salycilate diet for 18m and slowly reintroduced them and she is mostly ok now. Just got to watch out for dried fruits and broccoli the most. But she would scream in agony most nights while we were still working it out! My husband does not get the tummy upsets with gluten, just a rash once there has already been bowel damage so he indulges in a little on one day a week, as the dr said this could keep it from becoming worse.

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome from so many. Some asked about the ibs response to 5:2. Only my 3rd week on the 5:2 – so far the ibs has been a little all over the place but only one really bad attack – I think my intestines are confused 🙂 A good day today – a diet day. A couple of eggs early for breakky, a busy but not frantic work day, a 4 km fast walk this arvo and late dinner was a big salad of lettuce, celery, carrot, radish and tomato followed by a bowl of mixed berries with a dollop of low fat yoghurt. Life is good. Weigh in tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone, hope your weigh ins go well today and everyone is chuffed with their results. My weigh in is on Monday so will check back in with my figures then 🙂 I’m starting to think I should do what you all do and have my weigh in after a fast day. Getting on the scales after a fast day is so super motivating 😉 Have a wonderful Friday and an awesome weekend. Take care one and all. Cheers, Tania

PS Just saw your post so congrats on the 1kg loss fatbuster 🙂 There are so many posts it’s hard to keep up if you don’t check in every day LOL

Good morning to all !
    I’m so excited… I knew it, I knew it , I knew that I could do it!!!
    Day 40 of FD and I have lost 4gs !!, now really in the 70’s at 78kgs! Start weight was 82kgs …….only 8kgs to go.

This is what AUSSIE DETERMINATION can do. The proof is there.
    Wishing you all a successful weigh in today….YOU CAN DO IT…..GO GAL

Good morning fasting ones!!
    Very excited to be down 1.8kg this week, I ramped up to 3 fasting days Sun – Tue and Thur and found it pretty tough but seems to be worth it.

Hope everyone went well.

Good morning everyone no good news from me today, same weight as last week which is a bonus of no gain I guess. I’ll be sticking to the ” rules” as in I wont be doing an extra fast, I’m down 11k’s since June 1 this year so still very happy and console myself in that all my extra weight went on slowly so I’m not expecting over night miracles. I’m noticing shape changing, seem to have lost it in my shoulders and face, I’m not doing that extra fist stretch or elbow stretch when getting into tops, t/shirts, they just sit relaxed now which is great. Again all the chocolate biscuits with my coffee I’m not having, simple changes made daily, must be doing some good. I hope you all have good news, chin up, keep the AUSSIE DETERMINATION going because YOU CAN DO IT……take care….CG

Good morning weigh in day

Drumroll. 8kg in 6 weeks. Lost 40 odd cms off all over including 18 cm off waist.

Still have a long way to go. Probably a year or so.

Fast days Monday and Thursday 500 to 600 calories as long as I am under 600 I am happy. Other days 1600 calories gone over 2 times in 6 weeks.

I do 3 or 4 group training sessions a week including my fast days. Burn approx 500 to 600 calories per session. So fast days I am often on 0 on fast days.

I think this life plan works different than any other. It’s all about planning. On fast days I have boiled egg for breaky. Cup of soup for lunch satisfies salt craving and a few strawberries for afternoon snack before workout then small dinner usually protein and veg. I stay away from carbs they make me more hungry.

Planning also comes in a non fast days I love hamburgers lot from fish and chip shop. So I plan that in my day eat lighter earlier in the day and stay under 1600. I have cut out alcohol altogether for the moment empty calories would rather have food. But as the festive season emerges that will probably change a bit.

Thanks for listening

Bali2015 what a fantastic loss, you must be so proud, you are working so hard for it. I wouldn’t be able to sustain what your doing and any exercise is out for me at the moment, but I love seeing others good news, it really spreads the incentive, and shows this does work. Congratulations and have a great day with that big smile on your face……..CG

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.