Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,351 through 3,400 (of 14,786 total)

• WOW…..We have INTERNATIONAL STARDOM… Congratulations to FOXY for putting the recipe thread together.
    CG- I so LOL about your loosing your bottoms… see I told you that you have a cute bottom!
    LEO-What a champion of a Mum you are! Your son is lucky to have you and your dedication to him and his education.Please look after yourself and have “ME” time when you can.
    GYPSY- I imagined you with a mysterious name …ZELDA suits you to a T.
    DOGGY-in 4mths of 5:2 I seldom reach my TDEE on NFD… but sometimes am over on my FD… I do not count calories…..

Well , I will now tell you all about my afternoon…. OH & I were sitting at our kitchen bench when we heard a GUN SHOT…. we went out the back to see our neighbour throw a gun on a chair then sit on top of it. He had seen us so tried to conceal it. After much deliberation my OH rang the Police. Last month this same man in his 70’s was charged with the same offence for firing a unlicenced firearm into a property across the canal that we live on.
    I was fortunate to have seen the weapon and was able to give the Police a description of the it Another neighbour had also heard a gun shot 1 hour before
    When the 3 Police went in to question him … he denied it so the Police threatened him with a search warrant if her did not allow them to search his premises. We are waiting for feedback as to what is required of us now.
    Life is exciting, on the water front…..GO GAL

Hi all

I cut back the carbs last week to see what happens no more weet bix for brekky had banana protein smoothies instead stood on scales 1kg down from Friday what that’s amazing.

So my goal was to hit 20kg by this week. I lost 18kg. Did I fail HELL NO. I am happy really.

I don’t normally stand on scales Tuesday, but am off to cairns in the morning and wanted to know exactly where I was beforehand. Will have a healthish week away.

Just a note in where we live talk about all over the country and all over the world

Hi everyone, I’m Rose in Brisbane. I did the Fast Diet Jan-Feb-Mar last year and it was great, then I slipped off the wagon and over the rest of the year it all came back. So I’m in for another go, thinking maybe being part of a forum of supporters and cheerleaders and counsellors will help me ‘make it so’. I’ve just been using the recipes in the original book, so looking forward to expanding my repertoire on fast days with all your fabulous recipes. Um … what’s MFP?

HI Bali – 18kg loss!! Definitely NOT a failure! Have a great time in Cairns πŸ™‚
    Wow GG – you certainly don’t have a dull life…. hope it’s all resolved safely and quickly. So glad you and your hubby safe.
    Welcome, makeitso. I’m a bit like you. I did 5:2 for several months last year and was very happy to lose 7kg. Then I got sloppy about fast days, kept postponing them or skipping them. Finally ended putting back on almost all the weight over long summer in France and then complete blow-out over Christmas. Pulled myself together after the new year and after a rocky start, I’m now on my way. So far have lost just over 3kg and am very happy that I can do this with the great help and support of everyone on this thread. MFP is an app (My fitness pal) that you can download for free and track the calories and exercise you use each day. It’s an eye-opener to see just how many calories are in foods that you might have thought were healthy!

Good morning!

Thankyou Fittoretire and go gal that was nice of you to say! No Uptightoutasight it wasn’t by choice, but we had tried mainstream until grade 2 and then went to a Special School that were meant to have “experience”.. They didn’t.. We tried for 4 years to make it work and put everything into it but in the end we needed to put our boy first to get the outcomes we need for him and his future so we decided on the 13th November last year after me leaving my part time work and spending three weeks acting as an Aide to him to show them how to get the best out of him and being told they have done more work with him during that time I was there than in the previous year to that point and that I can get him to do it because I’m his Mum, We then realised that we can do better.. So I walked out and didn’t go back! Spent the next week crying and breathing heavily when I realised what I’d done πŸ˜‰ but already he has shown me it will be SO worth it! Hopefully doing this now will allow us to have “some time” later.. If we didn’t step in I don’t think the future looked to bright for my boy. We don’t have much choice in regard to Schools and support in Tassie for kids like my boy who requires a lot of imagination and inventiveness in order to “teach” him, but it’s not impossible and that is what we are doing now. It is going really well and I have no regrets. I was an Engineer before I became a Mum. Funny enough I changed tack halfway through heading towards becoming a Teacher… Should have stuck with it now I think.. Yes he is rigid with his eating but we started work on this when he was 11 months old due to his health and he has been gluten and dairy free most of his life. My only issue with his food is that his special treat are Allans Freckles… It is VERY hard not to have one or two when putting them into a little container for him!!! Crispy Pork Scotch Fillet done in Coconut Oil isn’t great either… Major Self Control area’s πŸ˜‰
    My name is Rachael. I am 46 this August and live in Collinsvale, Tasmania on 5 acres of quiet and beautiful bushland. About 20 minutes from the Hobart end of the State.
    Today I am much better organised and my second day of my first fast I am much more confident I will stick to my 500 allowed cal. I might even keep it going tomorrow to make up for the 250 I went over yesterday… Whoops!
    Yesterday I made up a Huge pot of Chicken Broth and turned it into an asian pork style soup… I’m onto it now… Even my daughter wanted it for dinner last night.. That wasn’t in my plan!!
    Again thankyou for your comments and support I appreciate it and congratulations for making “Determination” headlines.. A reflection of you all I think?

Add yourself in if you’re missing! Doggy you’re not here yet. Anyone else I missed?

FOXY-Albany WA
    SUEJEN- Sue Margaret River WA
    YUM YUM-Perth WA
    CG GAYLE- Sth Gippsland VIC
    BALI- Geelong Vic
    FATBLASTER-KANTIYA- Morang Vic
    UP-Brisbane QLD
    GYPSY- Zelda Halifax QLD
    MAKEITSO – Rose Brisbane QLD
    GO GAL -Janeen- Forster NSW
    FITTORETIRE – near Dublin Ireland (Honarary Aussi! family in Sydney)
    LEO THE LION – Rachael Collinsvale TAS

Missing me!

FOXY-Albany WA
    YUM YUM-Perth WA
    CG GAYLE- Sth Gippsland VIC
    BALI- Geelong Vic
    FATBLASTER-KANTIYA- Morang Vic
    UP-Brisbane QLD
    GYPSY- Zelda Halifax QLD
    GO GAL -Janeen- Forster NSW
    FITTORETIRE – near Dublin Ireland (Honarary Aussi! family in Sydney)
    BARATA in Wellington NZ – another honorary Aussie (two children, two grandies in Sydney)

HI Folks weigh-in day today for me. Down 1/2 a kilo. Was hoping for more simply because I have been lower in the last week but never mind it’s all fat kicked to the kerb. Have now lost 10cm off my bust, 4 cm off my waist, and TWO cm off my hips. Unlike you CG I’m fast losing my bust but my hips (and thighs worse!) are hard to budge but they are moving. Have to tell myself that………over and over.
    FD Wed & Fri this week for me due to an event tonight. Will try not to eat too many canapes or drink too many glasses of wine, but it will be flowing freely. However I really do want to see that 75 number on my scales again this week.
    Have a fun day fasting or not you fabulous team. Kick some more weight to the kerb and be rid of it for good. And don’t worry about those zigzags on your graph – totally normal and I’m sure the trend is still heading downwards. suejen

Boy Gogal you sure live in a fun area!! Sounds like the wild west really.

Leo, you really are a lion, you are a credit to all women and Mothers, your dedication and determination will give you a wonderful outcome. I’m sure your Son is a lot happier with you at home too. Stay strong and 5:2 is very forgiving with slip up’s so that is the least of your worries. Soup is a perfect stand by as is a salad with tuna/steamed,poached chicken, or a casserole you have calculated each ingredient with in MFP, ask Yum yum, shes a champ at that! Hehehe. But if you have portion sizes in the freezer, it will make it easier for you with your very busy life. I wish you so much love and luck with your path ahead not just with 5:2 but your wonderful Son.
    Makeitso, welcome aboard, I’m glad your back on this wonderful journey, we will support you all the way usually with a few laughs as well as lifes ups and downs. We all have issues along the way and sharing it with non judgemental friends really helps.
    No incidents at aerobics today, bit sore but that is expected with my spine, have a happy day team, get out there and make some tracks, don’t just follow a path, and above all, Don’t sweat the small stuff… πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

Oo! Well done Foxy and all you cookies! The recipe thread IS worthy of notice and we have so much fun on here it’s not surprising the mighty Mike has heard the cackles and squawks! (I’ll be pulling my head in a tad, tho, only just realized our comments go to the public forum as well! ). I’ll admit my Ulysses (motorbike) club’s motto is “Grow Old Disgracefully”, but not necessarily on an international scale!

Thank god, Go Gal’s got gunslingers and cops on her doorstep ‘n’ CG does the Godiver in public pools! I don’t feel so bad about my drunken ravings!
    Fit, yes, ‘chirpy crickets’ are happy little characters in my world! You do well to stay cheerful in feezing conditions! the cosy fire would be nice tho. It’s good we are getting a sense of each other’s reality, Suejen. (but it is maybe wise to remember we are on a world stage and not be too specific. You think?).

Hi Leo! Glad you came back. You are certainly a determinator! And in the right place for recognition of your efforts! our children are our life’s greatest challenge and they define our mettle, one way or another. You are doing the right thing by using your own instincts. And whatever lack of communication your little man may appear to have, he feels it when he is loved! Be sure of that. And highly likely he has an extraordinary talent of some kind, the focus of autistic kids is far from being understood, but they are amazing when they find their ‘thing’. I had some experience with this as a school nurse.
    Its not easy, but even small breakthrough’s are so worth it! I salute you! And don’t doubt you will do well on 5:2. I can’t think of anything more likely to give you a personal boost than ‘kicking those kilo’s to the curb’ as Suejen sez. Good luck!

As for my weekend on the tires ‘n’ turps, I’m convinced giggling is a bonafide exercise! I am staying steady at 85Kgs! I cannot believe I actually lost 8 kgs and never felt a thing! Pain-wise that is. I feel great. am seriously considering going on long range biking trek and even getting back into a tent! (other than my clothes!) Cheers all! Gyps

hello team! wow! this thread moves at fast clip eh? Leo, your story is so inspiring. GG- hope the police confiscate the weapon and you stay safe.
    Ok, so I have not read back to CG’s bottom loss – lol – will do so. Sounds like there is a story there πŸ™‚
    Suejen – do add me in to your list
    Lotus123, from Sydney, NSW
    Hello to everyone and big greetings to all new members.
    On a Fast day today, but eating in a very undisciplined way – I am still just under 500 cals, but not good food choices. Oh well, the scales will tell tomorrow.

I feel I have missed a day hre with these threads – arghhh

Doitin Paradise is from the Gold Coast – Natch haha
    (originally Melbourne)

DoitinParadise, thought we’d lost you, haven’t heard from you in some time. CG

Ok, office catering is dangerous for fast days. Fast Day officially broken – with cheese!!

Hi CG

Have not lost me, I posted yesterday and today but I think I am posting on the wrong thread. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG HERE- LOL.

It is funny u know, I think I am quite the IT guru (obviously not) but cannot work this out – haha.

When I log on, I look for the first post from AD’s, read that and comment from there?? Am I doing it right fellow AD’s?

OMG, I think I just realised what I am doing

Is Southern Hemispherites and Aussie Determination 2 different threads??

Please excuse – I am menopausal if it is – I cannot stop laughing. How embarassing.

Its an easy mistake to make, Paradise! Both threads are started by people on the same side of the pond πŸ™‚

DoitinParadise yep you need Aussie Determination to find the bunch of ladies you know! You must have wondered where we all were. Then just go to the last post to comment.

Oh Lotus I did the same as you yesterday. We had a picnic so I thought I’d make a fancy one like a platter, but I didn’t count the calories up till I got home. All salady stuff you know. MAJOR mistake! When I added up the cheese bits, meats etc & a few wines I could not believe that MFP was telling me 900 something calories. R U serious??!! I was estimating but it must have been a ballpark figure. Lucky I still had a loss today.

Leo welcome and all the best with your home schooling. My daughter home schools her 4 but you are to be truly admired for taking on such a daunting task. But with the progress he made with you in the classroom in a way it was an easy decision, wasn’t it (if u know what I mean)? The answer was staring you in the face. As a teacher I worked with autistic children for a year with non-verbal kids doing early integration in the home, so I do understand the real challenges that you face. Wishing for you a wonderful year of progress that will make the journey all worthwhile, step by baby step all the way.
    Byee team suejen

Evening AD’S and WELCOME TO MAKITSO and welcome back DOINIT.
    WELL DONE ON YOUR GREAT LOSS BALI…..you have done so well with your exercising and 5:2 so very proud of you.
    We are all going so well . We have all suffered the plateaus, insomnia and feeling cold ,also the leg cramps …. But…. we are over coming all of this. Our body shapes are slowly changing as is our emotional well being and general health.
    I went in to “Best & Less ” today swim wear sale ,brought a jade blue bikini for $10 size 12…. AND IT FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really could not get over the shock and then tried on the 14 the bottoms where too loose… THEN broke into the giggles because I was thinking about CG and the pool!
    Yesterdays fast was a total disaster because of the “Gunslinging episode” had 3 glass of The Sav so will fast tomorrow and Friday.
    Have an happy , warm /cool evening team…….GO GALxxxx

UPDATED LIST FOR YOU ALL AS REQUESTED:
    FOXY-Albany WA
    YUM YUM – Perth WA
    COUNTRYGAL GAYLE- Sth Gippsland VIC
    BALI- Geelong Vic
    FATBLASTER – KANTIYA- Morang Vic
    UPTIGHT – Brisbane QLD
    GYPSY – Zelda Halifax QLD
    Doitin Paradise – Gold Coast QLD
    GO GAL -Janeen Forster NSW
    Lotus123 – Sydney NSW
    FITTORETIRE – near Dublin Ireland (Honarary Aussie! family in Sydney)
    BARATA – Wellington NZ – another honorary Aussie (two children, two grandies in Sydney)

Evening all AD’s, am seriously thinking about jumping on the scales – just had a haircut πŸ™‚ badly needed, wouldn’t surprise me if I lost at least 300grams. Came home on the sausage train. OH has me keep some in the freezer as he is rather partial to snags and tonight is the night!

Wicked CG, wicked. Fancy sikking poor Leo on to me for MFP!!!! Use it but hate the thing.

Great to have so many newbies and even oldies popping up as in Doitin P. Glad you found your way back.

Sue I overdid the cals yesterday thinking salad was the way to go too! Gotta watch that pesky mescalin.

Fit you’ll have to help me out if my lovely hairdresser doesn’t come back, she is going home to Ireland for three weeks mid April πŸ™ very homesick. Maybe you can order up some horrible weather for me. Ta YY xx

Good morning team nothing to report today just a check in with you all. Stay on track with what you are doing either feasting or fasting. TDEE is a personal choice if you feel you can control your cal intake without counting that’s great especially if your clothes are getting looser or the scales are showing results. Try not to be hard on your selves, this is a life style, not a diet sentance, so enjoy the complete journey. You can eat anything you like, just not as much, portion sizes are as important as cal content.
    Enjoy a variety of foods and drinks, getting stuck in a rut is so boring and apt to make you give up, no need with our 5:2 enjoy what you like. I’m making a heap of mini apple pies to freeze, my trees are laden, great crop this year, so lots of Winter treats on the ready, so big cooking day today for me. Making room in my freezers will be my biggest challenge. Have a peaceful day team, live your life to the fullest, remember “you are what you think” so think positive, think happy, AND Don’t sweat the small stuff πŸ˜† ..CG xxxx

Well there you go! Suejen, I was an early intervention teacher for many years. Firstly in a home visiting programme with a therapy team and then an early childhood support class. Eventually I moved on to a special school for kids 5 to 18.

Leo, I am sorry you had that negative experience. You sound like an amazing mother and I feel for you. All the best.

Fasted on Monday and on Tuesday was back to my lowest ever weight which amazed me after last weeks ridiculous eating. There is hope!
    Catch you all later.

Hiya, just adding my location to the list:

Fastina – Melbourne Victoria. πŸ™‚

Hi all! Thank you so much for making me an ‘honorary Aussie’! Very proud to be in such good company! πŸ™‚
    YumYum – I’m hoping all our horrible weather will be gone by April or else the whole of Ireland will be flying back to Oz with your hairdresser! One of my nieces who lives in Sydney at the moment is coming home too around then and we hope to persuade her to move back home for good. Happy haircut – very pleasant way to lose weight!!
    DoitinParadise – I had to laugh at your menopausal mistake – it’s good to know I’m not the only one doing daft things like that. πŸ™‚
    Weigh-in day for me tomorrrow……fingers crossed everybody! Xx

Morning all. :-
    Dogsabie or Doggy. – Margaret , Binalong Bay, Tasmania.
    Leo I know what you mean about lack of choice for schools in this state. When we immigrated here from South Africa almost 36 years ago now we were advised by the department of education to put out two kids into private schools. It came as I shock and I had to go back nursing full time in order to pay for it. Mind you it was a good way to meet people and it did not take long to become part of the community.
    I didn’t post yesterday as I was super busy. I’d stuck to my TDEE well until after dinner but then got peckish and delved into some crisp bread with blue cheese. Needles to say I could not stop at just a couple! I’m going to try and do better today. That is what is so good about this WOL. It is very forgiving. Tomorrow is another FD. I’ve more or less got my meals planned.
    Does anyone else feel cold on FDs ? I do. It’s not really an issue as I just need to put on a jumper but find it interesting.
    Cheers all and keep on keeping on. By the way. Is Flemishcurves away or I’ll? Does anyone know?

Leo the lion, I’ve just gone back to some previous pages and see that you have an autistic son. I can really empathise as my grandson in Melbourne is also autistic. He is 10. To date he’s still in a “Normal state school” but struggles. My wonderful daughter works as a teacher’s aid on her days off so that she can keep up to speed with what he is supposed to be doing in class. He was also completely non verbal until the age of about three. With the help of an excellent speech therapist his speech has improved dramatically. I do feel for you and congratulations on all you do for your son.
    Cheers Doggy

Doggy- I get cold too on FDs (seems a normal reaction as a lot of people do too) its supposed to be due to less calories, which are actually an measure of heat, being generated by the body due to less intake of food. I have started keeping a jumoer at work, whch gives me odd looks from colleagues as I sit next to a window and in summer it is tropical near my desk πŸ™‚
    I saw Flemish’s post a couple of pages back, but this thread moves at a fast clip lol

Here we all are. Think we have everyone here now. Oh no don’t have Flemish yet. Uptight you’ll be proud of me. I even put all the commas in! Also grouped you in your states. But really we’re just one big, happy group!

FOXY- Albany, WA
    SUEJEN – Sue, Margaret River, WA
    YUM YUM – Perth, WA
    COUNTRYGAL GAYLE – Sth Gippsland, VIC
    BALI – Geelong, Vic
    FATBLASTER – KANTIYA- Morang, Vic
    Fastina – Melbourne, VIC
    UPTIGHT – Brisbane, QLD
    GYPSY – Zelda, Halifax, QLD
    MAKEITSO – Rose, Brisbane, QLD
    DoitinParadise – Gold Coast, QLD
    GO GAL -Janeen, Forster, NSW
    Lotus123 – Sydney, NSW
    LEO THE LION – Rachael, Collinsvale, TAS
    Dogsabie or Doggy – Margaret , Binalong Bay, TAS
    FITTORETIRE – near Dublin, Ireland (Honarary Aussie! family in Sydney)
    BARATA – Wellington, NZ – another honorary Aussie (two children, two grandies in Sydney)

Uptight that’s great. You were obviously more suited to that – it was a stretch for me & not much support either. Throw you in & do it – no team stuff. Junior primary was more my thing. Hey UT I was back to lowest weight ever too this morning – even after the do I went to last night & consumed wines & canapes. But I did eat very little for the rest of the day to try and compensate. Must have worked. Another FD today & Fri so should so me heading on down. You know the “Come on DOOOWN” phrase in all those win-the-money quiz shows. If my scales say that to me next time I’ll be happy!

Doggie I have to agree this WOL is very forgiving…and I love it!!

GG you needed 3 glasses to get over the gunslinging episode eh, fair enough! But you also bought a size 12 bikini – my goodness girl, only in my dreams!! I’ll probably end up a size 12 up top (the way it’s disappearing) but will be a 14 at best on the bottom half. But….you never know what this journey might bring me.

Have a great day everyone fasting or not. Oh one thing I did pick up from Michael’s latest email was a comment re fast days. He said that the crucial thing about intermittent fasting was to stick to protein and vegetables only on your fast days. Made me think about the little treats I try to sneak into my 500 cals & that I should wait until the next day, & look forward to them then. suejen

Hi Suejen! Congratulations on your weight loss! Well done! (or Well Down!!)Thanks for your post, especially the last para on Michael’s email – do you have the whole email or a link to it? I guess I have been a bit indisciplined on fast days if that is the rule, because I thought we could eat whatever, as far as it was within the 500 cals? So what happens to feta crumbled on salad (which I just had – yummy)? is that a treat?

That’s shaping up as an impressive representation across the states and now nations. Nicely done Suejen. We might have to make you the secretary of our internal affairs! Haw, haw, We could be a ‘fraternity’! The sisters of SLIM!

There you go, I nominate: CG,for PRESIDENT: GG is the TREASURE: Suejen, SECRETARY! …pursuant to the approval of all HONOURABLE MEMBERS…..Naturally, DETERMINATION is our password.

So what is our MISSION STATEMENT? (our ideals and goals in togetherness?)

How alike are we, really? Do ‘birds of a feather flock together?’. (someone wanna do stats?) Agreed, we all came to this thread because we decided personally, that we were too fat and it was time to really dooo something about it. But is that the only common thread? I see; teachers, battlers, nurses and MOTHERS! All with a story pretty above average. There are no dilly(tantes) here. (only an..um…occasional loony bird?)pretty awesome bunch, I reckon. ‘n’ Sooo modest! CG, yes, I am having a ordinary day, too. Just a little stir on here and I’llget back to cleaning cupboards. xxx ……But I walked for nearly an hour this AM. haven’t done that in a very long time. We are achieving what I thought was impossible. I think we did it together. Pretty special, You think?

Gypsy – what about ” Aussie Determinators will never give up until each one of us wins” ? or maybe ” Aussies Determinators – the team that stays together and loses together”!

Sue are you referring to the email a couple of days ago with the Goan Curry recipe on the bottom? Or do you get another one? Couldn’t see the protein and veg bit spelled out for FD’s. It makes sense tho.

Am feeling the cold a bit more too girls, wonder what winter will do to us seeing it’s still pretty warm!

And that’s Lady Loony Bird to you Gyspy!!! πŸ™‚

Lotus your salad with crumbled feta is not a treat but falls in the veg n protein category, good isn’t it? YY

Thank you Gypsy, should I now sigh off as Madam President? Hehehe, and for our motto “WE CAN DO IT”…haven’t had time to get to the cooking but will later in the week, seem to be having a fiddle day, not stopping, not getting anything (earth shattering) done. Oh well, just being good to myself today, bout time I think, might put a movie on, really got the “can’t be bothered’s” now. Have a relaxing day team if time permits, as women, why do we feel guilty sitting through the day because we rarely take a brake, even if it’s just the mind remembering the washing or thinking of dinner?
    CG (madam President) πŸ˜† xxx

Dear Madam President ( lol!) – that motto is good!

Dear YY – thanks for that – phew, thought I had sabotaged another FD today (after yesterday’s cheese debacle…)

Thanks eveyone

I was wondering why I had not seen your names on the thread πŸ™‚

Those other people must be thinking who is this!! Very funny.

Just for an update about me for all you AD’s, this is my fourth week and I am now 81.1 kilos. I have not gone back up to my 83.5 which I am V happy about. Still wish I could have lost some more by now but I do love my red wine on the weekends. It will happen as this is now my WOL!!

Have a great rest of the week xx

HI All sorry I misled you a bit. The article was actually on The Fast Diet Facebook page, so have copied & pasted here for those of you not on FB. This is Michael’s blurb to accompany the article. The study was a strange one where the participants ate 25% on FD’s as we do, but then on alternate days they ate 175% of their normal diet (and struggled to do so)! The study argues that the health benefits of 5:2 also exist when someone sticks to a ‘feast and famine’ diet, eating far more than they would one day and fasting another. Link here if you wish to look it up.
    http://dailym.ai/1aIshoz
    Michael’s blurb:
    “The article reported on yet another study which demonstrated the benefits of intermittent fasting but which suggested, rather oddly, that it might work best if you keep away from foods rich in antioxidants.
    Dr Michael Mosley responds: “The newspaper report was based on a study called ‘Practicality of Intermittent Fasting in Humans and its Effect on Oxidative Stress and Genes Related to Aging and Metabolism’ in a journal called Rejuvenation Research. Whilst it is interesting research, I certainly wouldn’t stop eating vegetables or foods rich in antioxidants.”
    The study is based on participants who flooded their systems with vitamin C and E supplements, and not those who ate a balanced β€ͺ#β€Žfastday‬ meal. The β€ͺ#β€Žfastdiet‬ mantra still stands: mostly plants and protein.”

Heh, heh, now you’re all being facetious! (I see my job is done)One must always stir the pot…..Madam Pres, may I suggest “WE CAN DO IT AS LONG AS WE DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!”. and yes, agree, it’s high time women stopped feeling guilty about putting their feet up. ‘Retirement’ doesn’t really exist for caregivers, does it? (I think I did a verse or two on the subject…lemme think on the matter… )

Lotus, Excellent! We’re on it! What a great bunch of losers!

yUM yUM, ya loon, (I rather thought I was the ratbag, but healthy competition is always a good thing!)so, M’lady, if yore worried about the cold come try my caravan (of course gypsies always have one!)in the back yard. It’s been fortyish degrees around here. Great for melting fat! Hang positive ladies. Fast day tomorrow.

Gypsy, my deal girl, I couldn’t possibly lower my standards to a mere caravan. (swoon) In my delicate condition just the mere passing of a breeze (be it air con or fan) is enough to cool me fevered brow. However, forty degrees would be most untenable. It would bring one out in a MOST unladylike ‘glo’. (Sigh)

Yum Yum ya loon (respectfully).

YY (cackle).. Quite so, M’lady. Oie be ya servant, Oie be. Will ya be needin’ the rolls t’noit, M’lady? Or c’n I ‘ave the chauffeur? (fancy a roll meself, oie do… )So sorry yore feelin’ deliket, like…

Hi all of you. Interesting posts today.
    Returned from Sydney 2hrs ago and could not wait to post my news. MY wonderful hubby was diagnosed with NON HODGKINS LYMPHOMA 2yrs ago, underwent 2 surgeries to remove tumours. Today we had to see his Haemotologist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for followup. He is going very well , there are very tiny lymph tumours that are not going to cause problems at this stage all his blood tests were normal . She does not want to see him for 12mths and is very happy with his progress.
    He is not in remission as he has not had chemo or radiotherapy. We are so relieved and happy that all our efforts to keep him healthy have worked.

Suejen ….I kid you not …I really did do a double take when the bra and bottoms to the bikini fitted and there was no little muffin bulging over the pants. I paraded in front of hubby and was given the thumbs up. Actually I have kept my size12 clothes of which some are fitting me comfortably, others tight. Still work to be done there.
    My Mum who is always critical of my weight noticed how trim I was today and told me how good I looked.
    Will read the previous posts better tomorrow about PRESIDENT or something… Have a great night because I certainly am going to!………….GO GALxxxxxxx

Hiff you are referring to my Rollscanardly (rolls down one hill and canardly get up the other) aye shall be needin the chauffeur to PUSH, don’tcha know. So keep your bloomin hands orf…

GG congrats to you both, just so very happy for you. Have emailed you privately. Enjoy your wonderful evening xxxx CG

Wow Gang!! My head is in a spin this morning reading all your posts, esp about the committee and titles of the AD group. I propose gypsy as PR officer – I reckon she sums up the mood and aspirations of everyone here and with her gift for words and verse, she can do all our publicity!
    I’m not sure what you all mean by ‘cold’ over there. Temps here not much above freezing during the day and below it by night for the last two and a half months, so just have to grit out teeth and get on with fast days…no excuses!! πŸ˜‰ As the saying goes; ‘the person who thinks he/she can succeed and the person who thinks he/she can’t, are usually both right’!
    GoGal – so happy for you and your hubby, that’s great news. Long life, health and happiness to you both. πŸ™‚
    Suejen – congrats on your lowest weight, esp after all those treats, you sure know how to make this WOL work for you! I agree that protein and veg are the best options for FDs.
    Weighed in this morn….lost half a kg. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but slow and steady will do nicely, thank you!! Have two French ladies coming to stay next week for a week. It will be very hard to either fast or eat sensibly, so I think I’ll try do an extra FD or two before they arrive. Wine will be the big problem, because they are used to drinking it every day. Wish me luck!

Fit, you’ll be fine with your friends and please enjoy the company and treats, that is so important. 5:2 is very forgiving and a fast or two after they go will mend it all. Quite often our team find over indulging does’t upset much anyway as strange as that sounds. We fast then try to watch our intake on other days yet those who don’t count cals and over indulge at odd times still have the same loss or plateau. Oh, the reaction of our bodies is confusing and so unpredictable. Stay warm Fit, I love the cold weather but not like your having, it must get you down at times. At least home made veg soup etc is warming and 5:2 friendly.. πŸ™‚ CG xxx
    Ps totally agree with Gypsy as PR

Gogal what wonderful news for you & Hubby. No wonder you could hardly wait to post it. FANTASTIC!!
    Oh and thanks so much Gypsy for the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs!! Haha Everyone else sounds just right for their positions too, specially you as PR chief Gypsy.
    Had a good FD today & now looking forward to my Chicken & Bacon Casserole from here:
    http://www.52recipes.co.uk/2014/02/10/chicken-bacon-casserole/ It’s smelling very yummy and only 249 calories. There are lots of good recipes on there. Also had the Posh Chicken Kiev the other night (same site) & it was delish & easy too. I’m trying a new regime of a HB egg for breakfast & then another for lunch. I used to go right through till dinner, but I find this is easier to do. I still have to go back & read Michael’s comments re when to eat & what difference it makes.
    Have a good night ladies and Madam President hope you WERE kind to yourself today?!
    suejen

Hi suejen, you have done so much work with the roll call you deserve such a yummy dinner. The site is terrific, I have “starred it but have so many recipes to try now with 5:2 still end up doing my own, but quite often use the saved recipes as suggestions. It will be interesting how your new job roll will now affect us all, are you roll calling on a weekly basis? Hehe. And yes I was kind to myself, still up watching cricket, c’mon aussie c’mon….doing really well, but must get to ged, early start tomorrow for eye check and worry I wont be able to open them if I sit up much longer…..have a lovely evening “Madam Secretary” …CG xxxxxxx

Morning team, yahoo Aussies cricketers…..
    I just received a spam in my email with an attached link, I suggest you ignore it, I am.
    Off to get my constant blood shot eyes checked, possibly ingrown lashes
    Talk to you soon, CG xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 3,351 through 3,400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.