Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,301 through 3,350 (of 14,786 total)

• Gypsybell you’re a laugh a minute girl! Luvit.
    GG yes you’re right about not giving up on wearing pretty dresses. I’ve just started wearing some again & I feel so good in them, well very feminine I think and it’s a lovely change. The shape underneath certainly isn’t perfect but I still feel good (and it IS getting better)!
    Ooh Doggy I LOVE tassie smoked salmon and I might just make a nice pasta dish with it tonight, but I find that I use way less pasta than before. Your pocket rocket sounds like a ball of fun. We have to have a trip back to Tassie I just loved it.

UT your statement is a classic: “We can feel guilty and upset with ourselves when actually we are walking success stories!!” So, so true and we must all remember it and bash it into our heads.
    GG great decision to put the scales away & I know that I’ll have to do the same when I plateau. I’m attached to those scales like glue, but like you they can determine my mood & that’s just not on. Your weight loss is fantastic anyway!!
    CG forget the scales too and just enjoy the compliments that are coming your way. And most certainly we all have to work on those guilt trip/mind game times that we all have. There are NO bad foods….that is, unless they’re processed junk. This has to be doable I feel for the rest of our lives and we aren’t going to go without licorice, or cake, or dessert, or pizza, or whatever for the rest of our lives….are we??? So have it and enjoy with your 5:2 WOL.

My news to add is that the 5:2 WOE is so forgiving. I fasted yesterday and 1.3kg of the weight I gained has dropped off already! So another .3 and I’ll be back to my lowest weight so far. I find that incredibly reassuring and encouraging. I had a week off with a couple of sort-of fast days, but never a full one. This has never happened to me before so I’m thrilled. It usually takes me weeks & weeks to lose that weight. So another FD tomorrow and then back to my usual .
    Bali I understand where you’re coming from but the point is….you DID walk away from that table. And that’s a winner in my book & probably not what you would have done before.
    JenMic I’ve soo been into the food as a reward kinda thing, and it’s going to take us a long time to lose that habit. We’ve had it all our lives I expect so it’s goning to take time to re-train ourselves. I did some eating like that when I was travelling last week but as I shared, I found that afterwards I really hadn’t enjoyed it. And each one of those experiences is serving to lessen the desire to use food as a reward. Slow process but it is happening!
    Well onto my day. Have to do MFP to see how I’m doing food-wise & then have more tomatoes to can. A Pizz/Pasta sauce this time I’m thinking, or it might just be Passata sauce.

Thanks Team for being such a great gang!!!!! sj

Been doing 5-2 since the start of the year, but haven’t had a chance to weigh myself, my clothes were feeling looser, but I thought I was imagining it. 3.8 kilos down when I weighed myself today (only 17kg to go to BMI 24) That is a goal weight of 85kg (I am reasonably tall). Quite happy as this is quite easy to do, was on a business trip to Mackay on Thursday and ate junk food all day and beer at night (over 4000 cals – not that I do that every day), so pleased that this regimen will allow that and still give weight loss!

Hi Leo – so sorry for not reading your profile first to find out more about you. Please say we haven’t scared you away. You are so brave to be taking on 5:2 with all the other things going on in your very busy life – so let everyone on this forum support you on this worthwhile journey. (BTW, I’m a leo too!)
    Agree with you all about wearing pretty clothes – dresses or tunic tops etc (even though the weather here not good enough to shed the layers yet). I’m looking forward to trying more feminine clothes when the weather improves and to having a better shape in them too, I hope!
    I had been weighing myself every day when I had the plateau blues and I think it was a vicious circle, so now I weigh in once a week and things are much better. It is so easy to focus on the negative when starting the day by looking at a stubborn scales – it used to put me in bad humour for the day ahead. So putting it away for a while is a very good plan and go by your clothes and compliment from others instead.
    Off to my niece’s 21st party tonight – hope I don’t overdo the peach schnapps (my favourite tipple)!
    All the best to the AD gang πŸ™‚

Welcome CraigDJ!

Good morning team, welcome Craig, we will support and encourage you of this wonderful journey so keep posting with us and enjoy your 5:2
    I went to the pictures yes’day, first time in many years, and saw 2nd best Marigold Hotel, just adore Judy Dench and love Maggie Smith, BUT ate a LARGE bag/ box of pop corn, then we went for lunch, and had a veggie burger, in a roll side of chips, dinner was porterhouse steak, ratouli and eggs, known I totally blew out my TDEE oh and a few whiskeys and zero cokes along the way, AND gained 400grams this morning! WOW, seems impossible. How forgiving is our 5:2. I’m fasting today through choice then Tues and Thursday…three for this week, still working on moving the plateau for once and for good but not stressing one bit. It will happen, I’m loving this WOE, it’s a total life style and change and being here for the long haul, not expecting to rush things along, just enjoying the journey and extremely impressed at the way I feel AND look in my clothes. Scales now gone under the bed, just for a week or two, they WILL NOT control my mood of the day any more, I’m too positive to let a few numbers get the better of me! I am eating very healthy meals (usually) portions a lot smaller than in my “past” life and really enjoy the cleansing of my fast days. This will also be my first full day off the smokes, so bring it on, I’m ready for a challenge and feeling unfazed. Have a wonderful day team, enjoy your Sunday with family and friends, please don’t be hard on yourself, life is far too short and don’t sweat the small stuff, and again ” don’t follow a path, leave a track!” πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

Hi to all the AD gang!
    Welcome Craig – that’s a brilliant first loss, well done. This WOL (way of life) is so flexible and that’s what sets it apart from other weight loss programmes and makes it one that we can stick to forever.
    I’m just back from my niece’s party, had three peach schnapps, a piece of the birthday cake and still stayed under my TDEE!! πŸ™‚ I stayed away from all the other snacks like cocktail sausages, chicken nuggets, chips etc but that didn’t bother me at all. How cool is this WOL!
    CG – best of luck staying off the smokes, just loving your kick-ass attitude!! Glad you enjoyed the film – am planning to go soon too. Really love those ladies of a certain age showing everyone just how it’s done!! Have you seen Maggie Smith in ‘Downton Abbey’ – she stole every scene she was in.
    Hey Flemmy – are you still out there? Check in and let us know how you’re doing.

Oops! Went for a blowout breakfast of bacon and eggs at the pub (including baked beans AND hash brown). Was amazed it all only came to around 900 cals once I fessed up to MFP. Ah, well, at least I walked to the venue!

Welcome Craig DJ. Agree this WOE is very flexible and gradually trains one to just do better nutrition-wise. And every little bit helps! I have the occasional blowout (with no great remorse) once in a while, or even once a week, is so much better than every day!

And the proof of it is in looking and feeling better. CG, Suejen, Ditto to your comments. it’s not a race, just a positive path to travel on at whatever pace takes us forward, (as opposed to holds one back from enjoying the present) I can’t say I’m enjoying the aftermath of devouring greasy bacon and eggs, but it was a fun morning (OH’s Birthday treat). I’m glad you enjoyed the movie CG, (I loved that one, too!) Plus pop corn is a good low cal filler, so ‘they’ reckon.

Fit, enjoy the schnapps. Up…up and awaaaay! Keep it tight, kid! So envy you, Fit, in the cool climate! It’s so hot and still in nth qld. Ah, but there’s always an UP side, it’s ride day for my biker club, I’m off on the Gypsybelle for the day, there’s always a breeze to be had at pack speed! that’ll use the greese I just et! Have a nice day, all, cheers! Ooo! I fit my riding jeans, so cooool !!!

Hi ADs. Welcome Craig.
    Wow CG a whole week without the smokes! That’s fantastic. I remember when I gave up smoking many years ago, I found I missed them most when I was having a drink. It gets easier as time goes by and one of these days you’ll wonder why you found them so addictive. It’s a good idea to put those scales under the bed .I think we are all inclined to get hung up about our weight instead of just concentrating on clothes feeling a bit looser.
    Fittoretire I love Maggie Smith too. I’ve just treated myself to Downton Abbey series 5. I enjoyed it as much as the previous series. Judy Dench is great too.
    I’m feeling a tad frazzled ( again ) today. Early rise with Pepper. Now he’s sleeping as quiet as a little lamb at my feet.
    FD again tomorrow. I’ll get my ducks in a row for that later today.
    Keep up the good work all. Cheers,
    Doggy

Hi AD’s have a good day everyone, and enjoy your little treats if that’s what the weekend is bringing. I’m doing another FD to make up for our travels. Not sure what I’ll do for the week coming as if I do my usual ie Monday & Thursday it will of course mean a B2B fast tomorrow and not sure how I’ll go with that one. But it would make the most sense as on Tuesday we have an art launch to attend (OH is a watercolour artist) & there will be drinks & canapes galore so that’s not going to work for me. So at this stage B2B it is. FTR I admire the way you stayed away from all the party stuff & still stayed under your TDEE and had 2 peach schnapps and all. Well done. I’m afraid canapes & the like are my weak point so I know that I’m likely to go over but will do my best. OH well at least I will have had my weigh-in that morning so no dramas.

Have a great week everyone and line up those good days all in a row! SJ

Woohoo! CG, no worries mate, I left tracks all over the place! Ended up back at the pub on the sauvignon blanc. Tee hee, but I’ll find it sooo much easier to fast tomorrow with this brewing hangover…. yep, the glass is deffnitly half FULL!(Um…but hell,,, I cn fix that!…hic…)

CG, best of luck with the smokes. No, in fact, no luck involved, just strength and determination. You’ve done so well with the 5:2, and been so supportive of everyone on this journey, just know we are all rooting for you.

Sounds like a lot of you enjoyed your Sunday “snacks”. What else is life for, but for enjoying. Bottoms up, Gypsy!

Sorry about the cricket (smirk). Perhaps a replay in the final?

I mean, that’s good, right? a few weeks ago it would have been the rum ‘n’ coke. Dry white wine is soooo much better for one’s liver….. etc…

Thanks Barata, as far as the cricket went, mmmm, we wont mention it….till next time.

Gypsy, cheers mate, enjoy…:) CG xxx

suejen, don’t miss that yummy lunch Tues, I love all that finger food to, awfully hard to just have one or two, you could do today, Wed and Friday? Just a suggestion, even just two fasts….have a lovely evening… πŸ™‚ CG xxx

Fish and chips and beer on the beach today. Not exactly what the doctor ordered. This week has been such a write off. I am looking forward to tomorrow’s fast. I hope not too many people are suffering in the heat today. Crazy for the first day of Autumn!

PS.. CG… remind me to tell you how I gave up the smokes….. It was the defining point in my down to bedrock reality….Did I mention DETERMINATION was my trademark? And I was NEVER gunna give up the only solace I had, when the world turned to shit, as it often did, in my twice wed and often nearly, experience. Hell, I’m just mellow enough to come clean, so maybe now’s the time…in case you’re struggling my friend, you are sooo NOT alone in this particular sacrifice. For 40 odd years, Smokes were my best friend on many a cold night and empty day.

In brief, I finally had a heart attack on the job and swore blue murder as my juniors carted me off to E.D. in a goddamn wheelchair! (it appeared they were good nurses, hardy lot )…um .. I was heading for the courtyard to ‘have a smoke and a panadol for me bloody persistent tooth ache,,, damn thing was travelling down me arm…. And I was so busy being a bulldozer I worked all day with it. One could have a sandwich or two smokes in the 10 minute morning tea break, 4 smokes or lunch in half an hour. I rarely chose food (and was gloriously thin! So not expecting to expire). It was messy when I dropped dead half way, but talk about being in the right company! (sigh) …rotters got so gloomy about my demise I was blackmailed into going cold turkey from that moment on. they kept me under guard in a ccu bed for long enough to dim the nicotine craving, from there it was up to my pride to take the advantage, or end up with egg on my face, they all thought I was a strong person. Fortunately, I’m vain. I am 9yrs smoke free now and am too bloody minded to fail once it becomes my decision.

And you are, too. It just has to be you’re own idea. Clue: put your smokes ‘right there’. tell yourself ‘you can smoke , or not, if you choose to’ and make your choice, one day at a time. If you fall of the wagon, just start again. Use any advantage, even the flue can be helpful! a week is enough to dim the nicotine addiction, the rest is habit. so change your habits. In the end It is no different to 5:2. the high you get from beating an addiction is inimitable. It feels FANTASTIC. and you CAN do it! We already know that. You are the only doubter. xxx.

Wow Gypsy! What a story and what a close call…..so glad you survived and lived to tell the tale and pass on your wisdom to others! Fantastic encouragement for you CG, we know you can do it. Weather is not so much cool as icy here, so don’t know if you would really envy it if you were here. Still, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say…..I love the sun but it doesn’t love me, I’m afraid…..it’s the irish complexion πŸ™ Glad you enjoyed the ride (or at least the afters πŸ˜‰ and well done on getting into those jeans!
    Doggy, love Judy Dench too, she’s amazing. Do you get to see a British chat show called the Graham Norton show (actually he’s Irish, of course!!)? Anyway, Dame Judy has been his guest a few times and it’s very funny. Maybe you can see it on youtube. Sorry Pepper is still messing with your sleep, it’s a good job he’s adorable so he can get away with it.
    Suejen, thanks for kind comment but I really didn’t feel like tucking into all that greasy food, this WOL has definitely changed my taste buds and appetite. However, my big downfall is chocolate and that craving has certainly not gone away!!
    Hi Barata, my OH really into the cricket….what about us little ol’ Irish team punching way above our weight! Woohoo!!
    Have a great week everyone πŸ™‚

I’m doin’ okay Gypsy, my days copied yours with food choices as most smokers do, either between clients in the car or whatever, food/smoke. 4 today, I’m feelin’ proud
    But will keep at it, I have to for the surgeon so there is a reason behind it. I see him Friday for an outcome, so heres hoping he will go ahead with out anymore muckin’ about. I want to tell him I’m off them, will have to be 1-2 months I know but doubt he could operate or fit me in before that anyway. Take care my friend, panadol before bed, you’ll be fine tomorrow’s fast isn’t far away… CG πŸ™‚ xxxx been smoking from teen years as we all did back then, but it’s “a want to ” that will help not being told to.

Hi Fit, I love Judy Dench, and get the Graham Norton show on Foxtel, saw her a couple of times but still watching re runs, As time goes by, I know the script better than them by now,, but still watch it. Stay warm, yes it would get tedious doing daily chores when it’s so constantly cold but it’s the same with our heat, I guess we all want the middle ground of just the perfect days ( like Autumn, my favourite weather). Enjoy your day and stay strong with the chocolate, you can have some if you keep it small, but I find that impossible, hehehe…CG xx

Hi CG think I’ll take yr advice and fast Wed and Fri. Makes more sense & gives me 2 fasts after my arty affair to undo any damage. I like that. Stick at it with the quitting girl. Your surgeon will love you for it.
    FTR agree with the changed tastebuds but also agree re the CHOCOLATE. A girl’s gotta have some treats….just eat real slow a nibble at a time, shut your eyes and savour every bite. It works for me! I can have just one square thst way!
    Well gotta go. One more FD down successfully. They sure get easier which is great. And I didn’t believe others who said they look forward to them but it’s true. You feel so squeaky clean I reckon!! Suejen

Great story, Gypsy, and we’re so pleased it had a happy ending.

Fit, greatly impressed by the Irish cricket achievements. And because I’m a quarter Irish myself, they are my ‘other’ team – after the Black Caps, of course. I think the Aussies will give a much better account of themselves next time.

Stay strong, CG.

Hi all. Gypsy what an experience you had. Not that many years ago I was working in theatre at a Cancer hospital. We would assist in a bronchoscopy ( tube down the airways ) or two and then go off to the tea room for a cuppa and a smoke. Unbelievable. I too went cold turkey in the end. My kids used to nag me to quit but I refused till I was ready. Not that I’m tempted, but I know that we’re i to have just one I would be back into my old habit. Oh yes and i agree about the dry white wine. Not to mention the canapΓ©s. We must enjoy our little pleasures in life. Chocolates. I just don’t buy them as I’m not happy until I’ve eaten the whole slab.
    Tell me so you all stick to your TDEE religiously on NFDs.? I find I’m getting a bit slack but as I’m still losiing slowly I must be doing OK. I’ve read on other threads that some don’t bother too much.
    FD here too today. I had a late brekkie and will try and hang out till dinner. I have some ratouillie in the freezer which is nice and easy. I’ve housework to do – yuk. So that will keep me busy.
    Cheers for now. Keep up the good work.
    Doggy

Good morning team, Doggy, I do try to stick to my TDEE, rarely I go over, a lot of time really under, but neither seem to make much difference. Michael says eat normally so I don’t know why we put so much faith on our TDEE. So many find after not counting on holidays they still lose weight, go figure!
    A funny thing happened at water aerobics this morning, I wore a two piece, not bikinis, two piece, pants with long skirt like top. I kept loosing my pants! I also notices the legs in the pants were so WIDE! A lot of my weight loss is in my thighs and bum. So went to Country Target and bought a couple of pairs of elastic pants, size 14, to do under my bathers. New bathers are exorbitant in price when I have plenty, now have to figure out the cup business! My one piece I can still get away with, but exciting time this morning, plus, getting out of the pool, hehehe! I fasted yes’day so might do a semi today. Good day for drying so washing on, boys blankets etc, glorious Autumn day, just love it. Have a great day team, be kind to yourself, you are the most important person in your life,… πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

HI All I too wonder about the TDEE. Some days I record my food and stick to it, other days I don’t bother & probably go over, some days I DEFINITELY go over eg weekends. However I do find that my loss is better when I stick roughly to my TDEE, but I do love eating right up to that figure and allowing myself the pleasure of eating yummy foods. So I may be 20-30 under but that’s all. I have been on too many restrictive diets to do that to myself. I really don’t care how long this journey takes so long as I can happily continue the journey and not chuck it in!

So I tried to do a search today on who is from where but I gave up.. There’s way too many posts too far back to read. You’ve probably all shared it before but could you do it again for me (if you’re happy to share that is)? I’ve checked profiles but that doesn’t help much with lots of you.

Foxy is from Albany WA.
    Suejen is from Margaret River WA.

Could we all copy and paste (or type) this into our next post and then add your name/town onto a new line below, so everyone has it all nice and neat in the one place? You can probably see my teacher background coming out – nice and neat, orderly, organised lists!
    Anyway going to stop there as my posts usually turn into marathons….sorry guys. suejen PS CG I did have a laugh about the excitement re you (or should I say your boobs) exiting the pool!

Hi suejen, I’m Gayle from South Gippsland, just inland from Leongatha in God’s own dairy country, I’m on two beautiful acres which adjoin thousands of acres of grazing undulating land. I’m on the edge of a small farming community/village so very safe, but not fenced in. I have a glorious garden, two greenhouses, full of orchids and fuchsias, I have almost an acre of garden and trees as well as two cows, four sheep, a huge pond of fish, and Maggie my black Persian and three King Charles Spaniels (my boys) Bailey (a ruby) Indy ( a Blenheim- red and white) and Rocky ( black and tan), that’s my family so never lonely and always busy. My two legged family are in Melbourne. Hope that helps your curiosity… πŸ™‚ CG xxx

suejen, I just realised, none of those names might mean anything to you. I’ m in country Victoria Aust….hope that helps..CG xxx

Foxy is from Albany WA.

Uptightoutasight is from Brisbane, Qld.

Sorry, the schoolteacher in me had to add a comma!

I do not worry about the TDEE at all. I know what it is but I don’t count calories at all on non fast days.

Oh Uptight you’re worse than me! In all my jobs I’ve always been used as a proof reader before stuff is published. OH hates giving me anything to check but at least I have stopped using the red pen with him! I’m debating about TDEE and whether I will or not? So …doing it your way are you still losing weight or already at your goal…or maintaining? Your way sounds easier long-term. Debating the pros and cons.

CG of course I know where you’re talking about! Born in Victoria (Bright) lived in Noojee (your way) for a few years as a kid, then Warrnambool & Ballarat. Dad was a teacher so we moved every 3 years back then. After getting married we’ve lived in the NT Alice Springs for 11 years (loved it), SA for 3 years (didn’t love it) then WA since 1992 and here to stay. CG your 2 acres sounds divine. We have 1/2 acre in town but have natural bush on the back 1/3 with tall marri trees, & also have lots of native garden & vegie garden & fruit trees. Your life sounds busy but idyllic!

Ha, ha, CG, can just imagine you losing your dacks in the pool! I was flashing my midriff n more on the bike (apparently) I ride in an old long sleeved shirt in summer (too hot for leathers) and it was so loose it flapped up! …um.. I think yesterday was a flappy day all round for mwah.. note to self, must not give advice under baaaad influences…. I rarely sniff ashtrays these days, but I was seeking at least the fumes yesterday,, must’ve sparked the sermon!

Doggy, I get confused with the TDEE thing being different on MFP to here, mine is over 2000 on Mfp but about 1600 on here, meanwhile I set the MfP calorie counter to 1200 and enjoy making the thing bleep when I get under, but still feel saintly when it doesn’t break the 2000 mark. It’s all mind games. And I cheat to my advantage, avoiding depressing fixations is the object. All’s fair in the war on fat! and I DID lose wt while not worrying about the count on holiday. I think the weekly total is more definitive. Some days are diamonds! NO days are stones… and yesterday was a yummy butterball! … and today I can still slouch in my computer chair without the belly occluding the keyboard! Don’t worry,,, be happy….(hope that helps, mate).

Gaaa, am flat out like a lizard loafing on thumb tacks as I fast for contrition! And my brain is fogged on who comes from where, too, so I think your’s is a good plan, Suejen.

Foxy is from Albany WA.
    Suejen is from Margaret River WA
    Gypsy is from Halifax , Far North Qld hinterland.

Fit, I didn’t realize you were actually in Ireland, brrr, don’t think I could handle your winters over there! Chirpy little cricket, ain’t cha’? (OH is Oirish, so I get to barrack for both sides!)

Barata, I’m afraid I have a storyteller’s drift for the dramatic, and a love of the ludicrous. (My poor workmates had to have counselling for their nerves after me dropping dead on them, but I revived with the first thump, and then gave them a hell of a time directing proceedings, I didn’t believe my “hunger faint” was heart related and I just wanted another bloody fag!).Nor was I gracious about it when ecg and blood tests proved their point. The thing is, ‘My Life’ really is based on fact! However, one doesn’t have to present the gloom, doom and disaster aspect, there’s ALWAYS an upside ( ie when one is on the bottom that’s the only way out!)besides, my Bush Bard’s motto is “never let the truth get in the way of a good story”! I am once more becoming confident that ‘optimism’ is the disease I’ll die from. But do take some aspects of my magnificence with a grain of salt, dearies. It’s all in the angle one presents , and audience appreciation, of course. Do feel free to drop the curtain! I can be serious, if I must! Gad, I even love the fasting wafties! xxxx Gyps.

Keep the thread going:

Foxy is from Albany WA.

Countrygal is Gayle from South Gippsland, Vic

And…..????????? the more the merrier!

Keep the thread going (now I’m getting a real picture of us all):

Foxy is from Albany WA.

Gypsy is from Halifax , Far North Qld hinterland

And…..????????? the more the merrier! I like to picture where you all are.

Hi all

Keep the thread going (now I’m getting a real picture of us all):

Foxy is from Albany WA.

Gypsy is from Halifax , Far North Qld hinterland

Bali is from Geelong VIC

And…..????????? the more the merrier! I like to picture where you all are.

Ok
    Foxy is from Albany, WA

Suejen is from Margaret River, WA

Uptightoutasight is from Brisbane, Qld

Gypsy is from Halifax, Far North Qld hinterland

Bali is from Geelong, Vic

Yum Yum is from Perth, WA (southern suburbs)

….

Now for my reason in logging on right now … am in the middle of cleaning kitchen tile grout with smelly stuff and a toothbrush …

Made myself soup with stock I cooked up yesterday from chicken carcass, just water, carrot, celery, onion and few peppercorns and then strained. Having trouble working out cals so can anyone make a stab at it for me so I can compare with what I’m thinking. I used 2 cups in soup. Ta very much AD’s
    YY

Hi Suejen, I have lost 7 kilos since mid November at roughly half a kilo a week. I started at 76 and am now 69. At first I aimed for 66 but that was when I didn’t really realise how successful I would be. Once upon a time I weighed 58 but I can’t imagine ever being there again and I think I have more muscle now anyway. So, my goal is fluid. I will be super happy when I am 66 but will continue to try for maybe 60.
    Maybe it helps some people but I don’t think everyone needs it. I think some people have trouble eating up to their TDEE more than keeping down to it but I don’t really know. I know I want less food now than I used to eat but because I like a wine or 2 at night, the calories would add up there.

YY, whenever i make anything from scratch, I put all ingredients in MFP, in the “my recipe” section…and it works out the over all cals, might be a bit late unless you can remember what is in it, it’s quite east..CG…( I know you love fiddling with MFP hehehe) xxx

Hay team, why am I the only one giving my name, now I feel silly!

CG for such a nice lady you have a well developed mean streak!!!! MFP seriously? πŸ™‚ … YY (Jan)

YY xxxxx πŸ™‚

Did it in MFP CG but freaked out because apparently my previous attempt to have it tell me in calories didn’t work and when it showed 556 I didn’t cotton on that it was in kj’s ……der. Anyway, looks like I’ll be eating dinner after all πŸ™‚ YY xx

Wooohooo YY, that’s your AUSSIE DETERMINATION at work.. πŸ˜† xxx

Now if anyone else wants to make Countrygal feel better just add your real name after your forum name. I HATE forum names cos I can never think of anything creative/ingenious like you all have. If you haven’t put where you’re from yet then do that too. Thanks all.

Foxy is from Albany, WA

Suejen (Sue) is from Margaret River, WA

Countrygal (Gayle) is from South Gippsland, Vic

Gypsy is from Halifax, Far North Qld hinterland

Yum Yum (Jan) is from Perth, WA (southern suburbs)

Is your name missing?????

Now gotta go fill in MFP and see how my day went. Not a FD but it is weigh-in day tomorrow & had a public holiday here & a picnic lunch. So enjoyed a little extra & a glass & a 1/2 of wine. So need to work out my dinner. SJ

..and you do not look silly (that’s my natural state!) .Besides you bear the same name as my most enterprising friend. must be a name trait. heh, heh, Mine is Zelda… true, ask anyone… gyps

Haha yes Gypsybell I am definately a girl! An “older” girl! I am a Leo – August and went with this as at the moment I feel a bit like a Lion Mummy!! Don’t worry I’m not scared easily. Just busy as this year I started Homeschooling my boy and motherhood has become 24/7… It takes on another meaning when you add non-verbal Autistic 12 year old…it just get’s VERY busy… So I have caught up and would like to thankyou all for your “welcomes”… I didn’t quite stay under 500 cals today on my first day of my fast… I did 715 πŸ™ I’m sure I’ll get more organised and better at it…
    I did take my boy for his first formal swimming lesson with a teacher today which is stressful for ALL sorts of reasons so I’m sure I made up for it then ;-)… took him to the Sandy Bay Boat Park and climbed all over the equipment while everyone with small children watched on! He’s a very BIG boy and stood out hehehe.. He LOVED it and actually I did too!! I then went for a run tonight for 10 minutes “hard” before feeling like I was pushing my luck with my knees (they are not like they used to be…) and stopped… So here I am catching up with you!
    I have loaded two apps to help me with Calories and exercise as suggested and have filled in my details to get my stats and what I am to work towards…
    Feeling empowered and ready for this… Need to be able to catch a very quick 12 year old that runs like a gazelle and is as strong as an ox and nearly as big as me… Every reason to do this! Thanks again ladies and catch up soon!

Foxy is from Albany, WA

Suejen (Sue) is from Margaret River, WA

Countrygal (Gayle) is from South Gippsland, Vic

Gypsy (Zelda) is from Halifax, Far North Qld hinterland

Yum Yum (Jan) is from Perth, WA (southern suburbs)

Are you missing from the aussie list????? Mmm getting more interesting every minute!

Hey ADers we hit the headlines, so to speak!! Internationally famous!!!! Have you all signed up on the official 5:2 site for a monthly email (the same place your tracker & your TDEE is). Well, this is the text from one of the articles for this month…and our recipe thread is the feature!!! I just KNEW we were leading the way!

“Need motivation?

If you’re looking for more inspiration on your Fast Days, remember to check out the forum, where lots of wonderful people are sharing ideas and support. Some good recipes can be found on this thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/aussie-determination-recipe-thread/

Well done Foxycoxy

We are all going to stain an arm muscle patting ourselves on the back πŸ™‚ golly we’re good….and modest! Xxxxx

Evening AD’s I have had an interesting evening…….More of that later!
    My name is Janeen, 58yrs young, live in Forster on the water …outside my back door in NSW a coastal rural town. Nurse, have been for 37yrs. started nursing when I was 14yrs old. Wanted to be a doctor also another story.
    KEEP THE POST GOING…….
    FOXY-Albany WA
    SUEJEN-Margaret River WA
    CG GAYLE- Sth Gippsland
    UP-Brisbane QLD
    GYPSY-Halifax QLD
    BALI- Geelong Vic
    YUM YUM-Perth
    FATBLASTER-KANTIYA- Morang Vic
    GO GAL -Janeen- Forster NSW
    will post longer tomorrow……..The police are here at my home………GO GALXXXXXX

Hi all on this fab thread!
    Gypsy – am hoping that ‘chirpy little cricket’ is a compliment….I like the sound of it anyway!! Had about five cm of snow in less than an hour yesterday. The flakes were so thick and fluffy that everywhere looked magical especially the bare branches of the trees. Less than an hour later the sun came out and melted almost all the snow, then it dropped to minus temp overnight and now it’s snowing again…just little flurries floating in the air at the moment. Never a dull moment here, we can get all four seasons in one day at times! Hope your OH enjoying the rugby too, we beat the English yesterday in the six nations, brilliant match…..sorry if that offends anyone.
    Well done Foxy and everyone else who posted recipes on the thread. I can’t make contributions there, cos I’m not a cook, I’m afraid. My OH does all the cooking on our house.
    Uptight – I was a teacher for 35 years, (retired over a year ago), so I sympathize with you in wanting to organize everything into neat lists etc!! Well done on you weight loss to date – that’s very steady and sensible progress. I’m not sure about the TDEE debate – I am keeping below it myself because I don’t think I would lose anything if I didn’t. I hit a plateau stage for several weeks until I started staying below it, so I don’t want to tempt fate by going back there again.
    Leo – I am in awe of you! You sound like an amazing mum taking on home schooling as well as all the other care your lovely boy needs. I hope you get some ‘me’ time for yourself and that this WOL brings you health and fitness. I have worked with children on the autistic spectrum and know how challenging and rewarding that can be…. but not 24/7, so look after yourself. πŸ™‚
    GoGal – hope all is well with you. Let us know that you’re ok.
    Suejen – great idea to find out where everyone is. I’m in the east midlands of Ireland, not far from Dublin but in a rural area. I have two nieces and a nephew living in or near Sydney. My nephew is married to a gorgeous Aussie girl and they have two beautiful boys and is well settled in Oz. My nieces have Irish partners and have been over there for almost six years….but we hope they will come home because we miss them alot.
    Good luck for the week ahead to all ADers!! <3

Thanks, Fit.
    Hey Leo, although I have been retired for a while now I still do a bit of casual work. While I have taught mainstream for a long time in the past, I have been a special ed teacher for many years and do all my casual work at a special school. I know exactly how hard caring for a 12 year old non verbal ASD child is. I’m guessing it was your choice to home school? Fortunately, there is a fantastic special school where I live that helps families a lot. Maybe you live in a less well serviced place. I bet he is fairly rigid when it comes to food. Another thing to deal with while you are fasting!
    Good luck.
    I have finished my fast day well under and just having a last cup of tea before bed.

Hi all. Missed weigh in day (62kg ftr)

Hope everyone is doing well. Try to catch up to tonight. Having Mimi’s courgette/goat’s cheese omelette for dinner.

Had 900kcal worth of sushi this weekend and I helped my mum bake Chocolate swirly biscuits even though I wasn’t going to have sweets last week. Oh well, better luck this week πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 3,301 through 3,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.