Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,501 through 2,550 (of 14,786 total)

• G’day to all on this wonderful if slightly warm day.
    This is my first post to you all and would you believe my first time at doing a diet.
    Never really worried about one before as I was always a ‘What you see is what you get’ kind of women, remembering that everyone is one of a kind and therefore beautiful and handsome inside and out.
    Unfortunately as I’ve gotten older my body has begun to tell me that all is not right and what was once ok is now actually bad!
    So for me this exercise is to get fit and regain my health, though if I lose a few kilos along the way who’s going to complain…
    Now no-one is an island especially me, so I hope you don’t mind if I join you all on this forum with the hope of mutual support.

Now I’ve been doing this since the beginning of January, and started at 91 kilos. Just weighed in this morning (after having problems with my very old scales, WooHoo new digital!) and have come in at 86.4 kilos. My goal is 65 kilos, though if I make it under 80 that will be a first in 20 years!

Well I’m on my way, hope to talk with you all soon.

Welcome Musestone!
    I think you will this forum quite helpful for support and encouragement. Seems like you are already doing well. It took me a couple of months to see a proper difference in weight but the fast days get easier as it becomes a habit and this week I lost over two kilos! Happy for us both, we can do it!

Welcome Musestone. I’m sure that you will find this forum useful. I certainly have. Statistics show that obesity causes all sorts of nasty health problems. I’m sure that by joining us and losing weight will be beneficial to you.
    This is my third week and so far the scales have not moved a great deal. I too need to look for a digital scale. I’m not too worried though as I am sticking to the diet and feeling very well. Yesterday was a long tyring day and I weakened and had a chocolate liquorice roll. It was oh so yummy. No more though.
    I’m one of those people who have got into the habit of enjoying a nice glass on wine or two or three before supper is a way of life. On FDs I skip it. I’ve now decided to go alcohol free at least on weekdays and see if it makes a difference on the scales. I know my liver will benefit!
    Happy 5:2 ing everyone.

Good Morning everyone,
    I have just been unable to log on for the last couple of days but all is going well for me.
    I am happy that things are back to normal here. I don’t say much but love the inspiration I get from this thread.
    I had a fast day yesterday and came in at 480 cal. I usually have trouble staying under the 500. I normally go over by about 50 or 60 calories. Haven’t been too perturbed by it as it all seems to be working. I am loosing weight, slowly, but the clothes are fitting better.
    Welcome Musestone. I hope joining in here will help you but it sounds as though you are doing well already. I have also been going since beginning of Jan. I started at about 93 and down almost to 88. It is fluctuating at the moment.
    Hope you all have an awesome day!!!!

Oh, bty, I have definitely become an MFP addict. Nothing goes in the mouth without going in ther first. It doesn’t stop me making bad choices, just keeps me honest and aware. Integrity!!!

Hi Musestone, another welcome from me. We will support and encourage you all the way. You are already doing so well, and your mind set is there, that is just so important. It’s not just weight but well being, but loosing weight is such a benefit, I have already stopped some of my meds and find movement so much easier. Dogsabie, I too like a couple of pre dinner drinks and only go without on fast days. This IS my way of life and wish to incorporate 5:2 with it rather than one or the other, and it’s working with out depriving myself of too much. We are all human so have your liquorice roll ( which sounds delectable) but just watch portion sizes although you have probably noticed you don’t each as much.
    Foxy, woooohoooo to you, you’ve done it clever girl. Those bl…y plateaus are really sent to try us and the joy of beating one is enormous.
    FC thankyou for you info, I do appreciate it. I think I love my food too much for it to be a problem of under eating and veg and salads are a main stay, so all very healthy, stir fry or soup etc. I thank you for your concern though, often when things weigh heavy on my mind it upsets my eating habits, either go with out or over indulge.
    Fastina lovely to hear from you, you are loosing and eating healthy so keep going, things are happening in the body we don’t see.
    Well, out to unpack the shopping,oh, Foxy thank you for sharing the recipe, I’m doing it tonight with chicken kiev and mixed veg, yum, also a seafood cocktail for lunch today on a bed of lettuce, I must be feeling better,
    Have a great day team, and don’t sweat the small stuff! CG xxx 🙂 xx

It’s week 8 for me and I dropped in at the doc where I use their scales.

SW 83kg, CW 79.3.

However, I’ve had a string of different weights the last three times I weighed in hovering just above and just below the 80kg mark. The waist measurement is also hovering a couple of centimetres below the beginning measurement so I believe there could be permanent movement. I think I’ll believe it when I stay below the 80kg mark for more than one weigh in.

I think this is progress at last.

Morning Cath, I’m the same with. mFp, still not game enough to stop counting cals yet, so it’s like a religion now, I either plan the day with it, or enter it as I go, great bit of technology. Golly you are doing so well with your loss, congratulations. CG xx 🙂 xx

Welcome musestone, I endorse all that has been said above and well done on your loss so far. You will find the fast days just keep getting better and easier. Just the last couple of weeks, I am going without lunch as well as breakfast and find that I am way less hungrier….and have more calories for dinner, but don’t even eat them! I love how a fast day makes me feel…

Now Dogsabie….that wouldn’t be a chocolate covered licorice roll by any chance? My absolute favourite…..oh haven’t had one for a while….that and chocolate covered aniseed rings….(slurps) I too love my wine cooking dinner, with dinner and after dinner….but I’m trying to make it just for weekends….but don’t always succeed…like CG…my drinkypoos are a way of life for me and I don’t want to cut them out altogether

Nice to hear from you Fastina and Catherine! My weight loss has too, slowed down, but as long as it goes down, we will get there!

Knitomat. We keep trying to help you but need info back if you want this to work.
    What is your TDEE
    How many calories do you eat on a non fast day
    Do you stick stringently to 500 cals on fast days
    Do you get any exercise
    Are you staying away from carbs.
    IF you answers these questions some of the team will have answers for you. Also, you weigh in at your Dr. Every so often, please get a set of scales and weigh every Friday as the rest of the team does, it gives you a better understanding of your.loss. Be a team player and help us to help you. You seem to be doing this alone instead of being part of our team. I don’t think you even sound too happy with your loss. We are here to help each other, so you need to help us help you. You are obviously doing something wrong with your regime if 5:2 is not working for you. CG

Flemmy, thank you, coming from our team champ, I appreciate it…CG 😆 xxx

CG, Soo inspiring! That’s a great effort, Boss. Hope I can do it too! It’s a new day. Going straight is going….well…um… I fell short of perfect in my fast day yesterday. Ended up feasting on crumby prawns in the RSL club (due to very bad influences, indeed! Campbell Phewman – Our trusty QLD Premier idjit – should lock all them bikies up! ).

But there’s always an upside I won my excess baggage fees for Tassie, on the pokies, and then felt soo comforted by your brilliant leadership! I BELIEVE! ‘n’ you did say it was beneficial to ‘pig out’ at least once a week… The scales agreed by NOT moving. Phew! It could have been far worse! There was cream prawn dip and the odd chip involved…several store bought rums (dreadfull stuff!)..etc..ish.. Today I am happy to fast, stay in bed even…

Welcome Fastina, you’ve done very well to get to 86.4 from that start point in less than a month. Onya! I started at 93.6 k’s last September, but didn’t start 5:2 until early Jan by which time I had only managed to get down to 91 on my own (plus a gym trainer!) My weight to day is:

87.7 kg’s (and holding. no loss over the week, but as much in 1 month as it took me in 3 without 5:2 and the CREW!)

A..n..d…. wait for it… I HAVE LOST A WHOLE 1.5 OFF MY HIPS THIS WEEK!

Seriously. I went from 47inches to 45.5 in. Yesss! That includes the belly flap that is now soft and flappable, rather than hard and bulging!
    Plus .5 inches off the waist, that now has a defining wrinkle!

I do see the difference in body shape, and so do others. No doubt due to the gym weights and ab exercises. I have ‘sguared’ up instead of sagging at the shoulders and gone flat(instead of rounded)out front. My boobs once more extrude beyond the belly! (at 48 inches, praise God! they CAN NOW BE SUPPORTED BY A BRA STRAP!) Jane Mansfield, get a life!

AND I have raised the dead! Truly! If I breath innnnn and leannnn out (from the neck)(without bending forward.. and best done in private..) I can see my pubic hairs!

Hmm….greyish…Ah well,

Dogsabie, I got a digital set of scales (from Target) They were $35. maybe not the cheapest around, BUT they are Weight Watcher’s brand, especially designed for them, super accurate and very slimline (Strong alloy)and light. one could/can easily pack in a suitcase for travel. Very happy with them, they were more accurate than the ones I’d been using in the local chemist (and showed me .5 K lighter! so love them!). I verified the difference on medical scales that I know never lie. Visited my old unit, my new scales in hand, much to the amusement of the slaves! Some mourn the lost ease of “…just falling in behind the old bulldozer, to get stuff done!”! So they said. Cheeky lot. Wouldn’t have said I was ‘pushy’ meself! ( um… maybe a tad ‘immovable’ on SOME issues…). Anyway, I needed to be sure I AM in the loser category before I said Yippee! So accurate scales are helpful.

Especially to weigh and re-weigh my suitcase as I dither over my holiday packing! Thinking I could maybe wear several sets of clothes and still hang loose by 2 weeks time… so motivated. Blessings all. The gypsy

Oh Gypsy you just brighten my day so much. Don’t ever leave me. I wish I was with you last night, sounds like you had a ball.(mines a Jack and diet coke thanks) I really do think the odd “pig out” helps rather than the system become stayed in it’s routine, you are doing so well Lady, good on you! And to see parts unseen for so long, incredible. Other than in the mirror of course. Glad your packing is almost sorted, it’s becoming a high lite of our day. I bet you repack two or three times more before you set off. I just had a seafood cocktail for lunch, eyes bigger than the belly, but ate it all. Tonight is Chicken Kiev, oven chips and a few mixed veg, so well over my normal cals but so looking forward to it. This is a life style, not a sentence of restrictions.
    Have a great day my friend. CG 😆 xxx

Amendment! Sorry girls. I got Fastina confused with Musetone. Welcome to my hangover!
    C, did like your view from the kitchen window! xx

Hi again
    Oh yes Foxycoxy the choc liquorice roll it is. They are indeed to die for. – well almost. Gypsies thanks for info re Digital scales. I’ll see if I can order them from Target online. We live in regional Tassie and don’t have access to all those shops. Mind you I’m not complaining as we left Melbourne to come down south. I do miss all those amenities that Melbourne has to offer though. Especially the tennis.
    For those of you who are sweltering in the summer heat. It’s Bleeding cold here today. We have the heating on! It’s bizarre.
    My FD meals are boring as I usually have smoked salmon and poached egg for brekkie and Ratatouillie for dinner. I’m going to try making the Miso soup tomorrow. I do love eating but cooking is most defiantly not my favourite task.
    Good luck all and keep on keeping on.
    DS

Hi ALL

Welcome Musestone.This is definitely a great way of life. It has so many health benefits.You have made a great start. I look forward to hearing about your journey.

Gypsy you have a way of putting words together that lightens my day……

Weigh in day today! I cant find the “sweet spot” on the floor today as my weight is up and then down on each reading. Something is happening I just know it!.

I will weigh in tomorrow(maybe with new scales)as I find 2 days after fast day gives me a lower reading for some reason.
    I have lost 8cm all over since last week…so all is good!

I read an article yesterday that someone had posted on 5″2″ Where does all the fat go” by Dr Mercola…interesting reading.

Have a great day TEAM whatever you are doing!Veggie

GG and FB….where are you? We need you back…Andrew still waiting your news, also are you feeling any better?….CG xxx

I cant quite put my finger on it but
    Our posts seem to missing something
    or is it someone?

Andrew we need you to keep us entertained
    Fatblaster your words are filled with so much understanding
    Go Girl who do we turn to when things just don’t turn out right

I agree Countrygirl we need OUR TEAM !With Gypsy as our rhyming queen

So now girls, what does that tell you, come on team get behind us WE NEED YOU BACK?……from your beloved team at AUSSIE DETERMINATION XXXXXXXXY

Thank you Vegi, I ring them privately, but we need the team behind me, I appreciate your post, and believe me, so will they. They have said or done nothing wrong and we all love them both…CG xx. You too Andrew, WHERE ARE YOU …xxxxx

Knitomat. I Really think you’re doing ok. Don’t stop now and take heart. I sense your relief and maybe just a tad of hope at reaching the 79ish mark. It’s meaningful. And hard won. You have shown remarkable persistence (in more ways than one!) you are still hanging in there (and here!). Celebrate. let the hope inspire you to give it a hand.

I believe CG’s message is: Challenge yourself to NOT TAKE EVERY BITE THE RULES ‘ALLOW’. remove the ‘I won’t give up my…whatever,’ restriction you have placed on your own progress.

Believe me, I KNOW it’s a magic thing to see the next rung of your weight ladder FINALLY start the descent! I have just cracked the 90’s and can relate to your frustration over a slow start. Typically, my losses flash for a moment first thing in the morning, then seem to take forever (at least days if I help, weeks if I don’t) to stabilize, going up over the day. But once I see that flash I know it MOVED. I just hit the exercise bike and halve my food intake til it stays GONE. So that’s what I suggest when I say “be inspired to give it a hand.”

I went for disheartening months with so little movement. And soo slow! Admittedly that picked up visibly when I started the 5:2 and joined this forum, but I would have to say it was about that time that I also changed my attitude. I had so many conditions! Like things I refused to give up, times I couldn’t allow a diet or regime to intrude on, etc. Something was always wrong with the timing, the diet, the program, the theory or whatever way I tried fitness and reduction. It was everything else at fault, not me. Circumstances are a bitch! But if we can’t change them, all that is left to us is to change OUR ATITUDE TOWARDS THEM. We had fun getting fat, now our choice is to stay there and wallow in self pity or bite the bullet and be ‘inconvenienced’ by whatever it takes to lose it!

5:2 is a light sentence of 2 days restriction (any 2 days and movable) when you take all that into consideration. How well it works depends on how well you co-operate with it. Full stop. But the good news is, the less you put in (your mouth) the less you have packed your port(ly..self), pardon the pun. So it will work at soooome pace even if you give it half discipline, it just takes twice as long. You’ve proven that it’s working. Hey, you’re not getting fatter. And you WOULD BE if you were not trying to stop the gallop of those JOLLY little fat globules! (about the only thing JOLLY ABOUT FAT IS CHOCOLATE GOING DOWN! Capishe? Try harder. Or not. Plod on. Just don’t give up. You’re soo far ahead of me….puff, puff, you lucky duck!

It is really not anyone’s responsibility, but ours, to undo what we did to get in such a mess, It’s just nice to have company sharing the load. Cheers, kid, you can do it! Gypsy

GG, Come Home!

Andyyyyyy! It’s meee!

FB! Cooooeee!

It’s no good leaving us lopsided in ‘ere. OUR DIFFERENCES EVEN US OUT. Anything that’s all sweet is bad for you! Smooth is boring. Simple is no challenge. And you KNOW where that leads. YOU’LL GET FAT OUT THERE!!!!!

We’re all at a LOSS,
    (Some would say a CROSS)
    After all we’ve done – and do!
    It just ain’t right – or true
    To say “it doesn’t matter
    If you don’t nitpick or natter
    Who the hell is gunna do it
    If the best of us jist Blew it?
    Yeah, we’re all goin’ down
    So u better stick around
    Hell, If I dunnit, not ta’ worry
    (Here’s ya hat ‘n’ what’s ya’ hurry?)
    Get on home ‘n’ sort the chaff
    Lose ya’ belly, NOT ya’ laugh!

PS. We need you. Here I am off the rails. SPEAK to me! Heading for the Friday nite pub raffles. Noooo! stopppp me! 877777777777! where are you goiinggggggg? …sob..down the drain, you piss pot! Wild horses might save me…but.. only had one… she’s gone…sob…slurp…oh, well,, at least I’m loyal. Wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t get fat with her…Slobber… burp…Sigh….now look what ya’ dun, hoss….

Hi all! Weighed in at 63 this morning, oopsie. Guess who will be logging all calories next week 😉 This is the time last year I gained a whole bunch of weight so I’m going to be extra vigilant about this. this is what happens when I don’t check in on AD every day haha. At least I can celebrate I hadn’t gained weight on a Friday since August! So all in all, still a victory.

Just found out someone barged into the Dutch public television studios yesterday and tried to demand airtime with (what later turned out to be a fake) gun. Dutch public telly was down for over an hour. It was a 19-year-old chem student.

Anyway, I’ll weigh myself a bit later again, you never know.

CG, I wasn’t necessarily concerned (I know you know what you’re doing) but it’s always good to build it a reality check, just in case. I know I need someone every now and then. We wouldn’t want to undo all of our hard work and end up with an ED or something.

Hi FC, all’s good, just a few thing going on in my head through the week and food took a back seat. I’m good now, this thread keeps me alive, the support, fun and stories are wonderful to wake up to each day. It’s a wonderful team, very homely, and comfortable. I do envy your 63k, one day…one day…
    Gypsy, your at it again…can you hear all our laughter?
    Have a memorable night everyone….CG xx 🙂 xx

FATBLASTER & myself send our gratitude and thanks. We both feel our opinions have been critically judged in the most damming of ways. AUSSIE DETERMINATION is a thread that encourages FREEDOM OF SPEECH and most importantly and care ,support and friendship.

We are human. Frustration grows and grows when good trustworthy advise falls on deaf ears time after time,it does become tedious and annoying.

As a team we have always protected each other…..Unfortunately the support for us was not there when we needed it. Our support and advise was always there when you needed it from us. The events over the past days have left a bitter taste in both FB & my mouths. We have spoken numerous times since these hurtful events occurred and know deep in both our hearts that we did not say anything wrong.
    Having said that ……We will be back…..More wary now…. that we have enemies out there……..GO GAL

Foxy, the chips are yummy, thank you for sharing

Welcome home girls, CG xxxxx

Andrewofcastlemaine- Need to contact ASAP…. PLS contact TECH@FAST DIET and ask them to email me privately with YOUR contact details……GO GAL

PS Sorry… if that is ok with you.

Thanks heaps Go Gal for standing besides me all this time.
    Thanks to all those who were not judgemental. Lots Of you acknowledged and believed that me n GG did not do anything wrong.
    I have been in touch with GG apart from this forum n we both believe that we were only acting in good faith for OUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION.
    As GG rightly said, we are back , but this time more wary than ever.
    CG, Foxy, Gypsy, Veggie, RobbieJ, Andrew, FC n many more….. Thanks to all of you for believing in us. Had to come back for the love n concern that all of you have showered. ….. FB

Welcome newbies, this is a nice place to post.
    FB… glad you’ve stuck around, its great you’re here.. We are all gonna stick together determined
    Well, i am laughing even tho its not great, i put on a kilo overnight after a fast day, ha ha, stupid scales.
    Not letting it get me down at all.. But i am finally on the mon and thurs fast day, fri weigh in routine and guess what, i put on weight lol!
    Im not being sarcarstic either ( for those of us who remember The Young Ones.. Sarcarstic)
    I just think its amusing that now im in sync, i gain instead of losing,..
    Mind you my weight has fluctuated about 5kg over the week… A woman who ran the curves i used to go to said that at ‘that time of the month’ weight can fluctuate up to 7kg.. So i am putting it down to that and will keep up eth my fast days and hope i can go down to the next sector on the.. stupid scales
    Off for to the beach for the weekend, have fun everyone

Oh, and a very warm welcome back GG.. its lovely to have you here.. Please stay and dont let anyone get you down here, you have so many positive and knowlegable things to add to our little community

Golly Robbie, is that right 5-7 k a week. Gee I’m glad those days are long gone for me. How frustrating. I know FB used to report about bloating that time of month but gee, that’s a lot of fluid to retain.
    FB, welcome home my love…we are all behind you, time to get back to reality. How did your fast go this week, did you do your 4:3?
    Robbie, that’s a thought too, try weighing tomorrow, others find 2 days after a fast give a better reading
    Oh a happy little team again, Andrew where are you???
    More tennis, will be glad when it’s over…then the cricket will be on again, no such thing as an early night on my farm…CG xx

Love all CG…
    Thats a tennis pun btw.. 😉
    I am glad everyone is back.. Come on andrew of castlemaine.. Hope that gastro has passed..
    Yeah i will try the.. stupid… Scales tomoz
    Either way its back to 2 x 5 days next week..
    Im not giving up
    Im determined
    And the time of the month is just part of life for now

Oh yeah mate, the AUSSIE DETERMINATION is working for you, I can hear the determination in your post. Maybe shout yourself a new set of scales for Easter, I recently bought ones that do everything except vac the house.!They measure fat, fluid, weight and tell you what cals you should be on daily, mind you too much info when your not in the mood, but not much dearer than normal digital scales and they remember you each time, of course you set them, person 1 person 2 etc but worth the outlay, they tell you how much you have lost, they also told me I was obese, clever little buggers!…CG xx

Luvin’ the puns too Robbie, better get ready for the cricket ones soon. CG xx

BTW Dogsabie, checking my email I realized I never answered your enquiries a couple of days ago. Must have missed the post. Your weather certainly goes up and down! I will put my cyclone jacket in. That should do it! good on you! And you’re another nurse, lots of us on this forum!

(Re me sounding off on bowel probs and am I a medical type, etc) I’m a nurse, too. (A Bushy in the old lingo) I’m retired, pretty much, but still registered. I also did a theatre stint early in my mottly career. Then married (a farmer) and did the child raising thing, taking rural community work and later, lone practice in Aboriginal community and school health, plus RFDS retrieval. We didn’t have the uni granted title (or remuneration!) of “nurse practitioners” in those days, but one pretty much flew by the seat of ones starched nickers (never getting a run in the stockings, dearie!). Places like Palm Island indigenous settlement(40 k’s off mainland QLD, by boat) involved xray and pharmacy, as did the Torres straight clinics (Sans any extra recognition or pay for going to the trouble of figuring it out!). Gad, the stories I could tell! When I began working in a hospital I was a scullery maid, at age 14. One worked their way up in those days, and the ‘Dietition’ was us! Plus the plaster tech, physio, ward clerk, laundress and mortician! Nurses were on 4 pounds a week and training lectures were done while working on live ammo! I went bar-maiding in a canecutter’s pub instead, for 12 quid a week! But ended up a nurse anyway. Loooong story. Family history of healers (I’ve mentioned some of it in previous drones) One can fit a lot into 40 odd years on the job. To make it short, I returned to mainstream, city work , in my 50’s, after my dad died from bowel Cancer. And, yes, I pretty much made it my business to find out about Poo!

What RN doesn’t have stories to curl the hair?! Maybe we will cross paths in Tassie. Thanks, hope you get the BO! I have 2nd 3rd and 4th degree solutions if that lot fails! xx Gypsy. Off to bed for me. FD tomorrow. erk! That’s now!

As Dorothy said “There is no place like home”
    Moments ago a pod of dolphins came past my jetty… Would you believe 7 in all! YES…rounding up a school of fish…. their breaching causing such a noise as they went about their shopping for food… Funny, I quickly gave them names….CG,FOXY,FB,VEGIE,GYPSY,ANDREW and FLEMMY .
    Whenever they come by,something magical and special happens in my day…
    MISS A- I am so glad you have joined us and Thank you .Your kind words meant so much…. Well done with 5:2 thus far….I am so looking forward in hearing of your continuing progress and success.

AWWWWW The Gypsy-I so remember those days you described…I wanted to be a Doctor….Some family issues occurred so I chose the next career.. Nursing…..I have had the most incredible and satisfying career and continue to do so. I have millions of stories that when I think of them they still make my toes curl.

I am fasting today…. I have not been good to myself in the last 72hrs…… The scales can wait to next week, though I will give in and take a peek!

SOOOOOOOOO GOOD to be home with you all……GO GAL xxxxxx

ROBBIEJ-Thank you too! I don’t miss the monthly hell… Hate the menopause blues though…OH…. the joys and the journey of being a women….LOL……
    HAY the dolphins are coming back…. ROBBIE !I can see you…. If only you could see this, so beautiful……GO GALXXX

G G how wonderful to see the dolphin such magnificent creatures. I haven’t seen them really close up in the wild. Seen them from Queeenscliff ferry last year just cruising along beside the ferry amazing. I am like a little kid at SeaWorld when we go don’t want to stop watching them.

Gypsy you are so funny, I so enjoy your posts.

Off to gym this morning, an a meal planning session at gym this afternoon will be very interesting, I suspect it’s healthy eating and lots of small meals like most food plans. May open my mouth about 5 2 see what they say. I sure it will be plenty, about how wrong it is. I know this works for me and everyone else here.

Hope you are feeling so much better Andrew I was queezy a bit last week had a few days of toilet time. But felt so much better, so I put in down to a body cleanse getting rid of toxins and fat from my system. My waist is smaller and dropped 1/2 kilo so who knows.

Have a lovely weekend.

Starting to look into my bali trip very excited. I promised myself I can book when 20kg down. Am 15 now so yahoo.

bali

Good morning team, glorious looking day coming up, a bit nippley at the moment if you get my meaning. Thank you GG for naming a dolphin after me, quite an honour!
    Well, it’s FREEDOM day, no planning, counting, adjusting etc etc etc just livin’ life to the fullest. We all work so hard through the week so go out and live. Out for lunch, maybe dinner, BBQ with friends, just chillin’ at home like me, life is so wonderful, especially when you feel so good through our 5:2.
    Take a deep breath, hold it for the count of four with your eyes closed, imagine that little blue bird of happiness on your shoulder, as you exhale slowly, I bet you find yourself smiling! Have a happy day team, remember portion sizes, no need to go without, just cut back a bit. No tennis for me tonight, refuse to watch those squeeling females ruin the game, it was such a lovely game to watch, especially when they wore little tennis pants with the frills and lovely little tennis skirts, now it’s all grunt and screams, hitting as strong as the men. No pleasure in it for me, I’ll see if there is a movie worth watching on Foxtel…oh the decisions life puts on our plates! 🙂 CG xx

Morning All – Welcome all the new people, this is a journey that you do by yourself but are supported by these wonderful people on this AD Forum.

I myself really appreciate reading all the posts (on a Saturday morning)and had a tear in my eye today from reading the threads but also delight that people are still willing to help people like me.

Work overload – little time for me, brain lapses – “little bit won’t hurt” or totally forgot what was finding a path through my mouth “taste buds love it but bottom doesn’t”, live with 3 men all over/around 6ft lean, eat anything types with me being on 5ft 2inc. – standing next to them is like looking at a little balloon and even one rests his elbow on my head – ha thank god those boys weren’t that big when born, they all love their chips, junk food etc; so to them what is a diet? I haven’t told them and want the shrinking me to be the evidence of what AD can do. So thankyou to you all.

Weigh today and went down 0.4kg, little bit disappointed as I doing the 4:3 but realised that “What you eat today walks tomorrow” was true – yesterday a fd – sausage sandwich with no butter but with tomato sauce, chocolate (wont say how much) … basically was falling back into old habits. So hopefully a learn a lesson about this.. be mindful on your fds.

Will check in next Saturday regardless as I am determined!

So I going to have one of those days – had to have my coffee with a little milk this morning. Two types of milk in fridge one with a light blue top and one with a navy (dark blue) top … so usually light blue means light milk and navy (dark blue) is full cream. HA sabotaged ….. both are full cream milk…so beware this little trick from different shops when you need glasses to read, light blue doesn’t mean light milk.

Jen it really does rely on food choices. I know it must be difficult when living with others but through the week I made up minestrone soup (GG1′ recipe) really recommend it, and froze it in portions in zip lock bags, all ready for fasting days. It is a meal in itself. Temptation is all around us…daily…but as your 5:2 experience continues, it’s not just will power that takes over, your needs are less, for sweets, greasy foods. And so on. The taste buds seem to have a genuine respect for healthy foods. I have recently gotten onto Baby Cucumbers and just adore them, cut length ways, sprinkle of salt and pepper, oh so yum, hardly any cals, go great with a drink too! Usually the savoury shapes or alike come out but haven’t done so for ages. Keep the AUSSIE DETERMINATION going my friend, it WILL work, it DOES work and remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE….have a great day and don’t sweat the small stuff!….CG 🙂 xxx

Jen, re the milk, I bought 5 long life “lite” milk through the week, just realised I’m using lactose free, just the one carton, but someone must have put it back in the wrong section, oh hum! Xx

Morning ALL
    Gogal what a beautiful image of the dolphins……and how lucky we are to be sharing this journey with you.

Fatbuster its great to know that you are here to share the ups and downs of 5:2. Lets celebrate!:)

Andrew Please just drop by so we know you are alive and kicking…we ALL miss you!

Good Morning AD’s
    Back to my usual morning posts 🙂
    And thanks for warm welcome back from awesome people here. Felt like warm hugs 🙂
    GG, correctly said by CG that it felt honored to be compared with dolphines.
    Congrats for losses everyone. And RobbieJ, wow, 5-7 kgs up That TOM can be very annoying. I know, i gain upto 3 kilos during that time and I hate hate hate the feeling. Good attitude that you are not stressing over it n being sensible (unlike me… Ha ha ha) i act stupid n cry even though I know its temporary and happens every month.

Foxy happy to hear that you have come out of plateau. Lets roll it!!!
    Weigh in day for me. After last weekend’s getaway, i was 1.5 kgs up on Tuesday. Fasted tuesday, then b2b thursday n Friday, weighed in today at 71.4 kgs, so, lost 1.5 kgs that I gained n extra 300 grams.
    My january target was 71.5 kgs, SMASHED it n its 71.4 today. Gotta be happy with that.

Dinner n drinks with friends tonight n I plan to water down my wine again. Not too much fun, but noone can tell what I am doing.

ANDREWWWWW…….. Come back, waiting for your news!!!!

And yes, hubby lost 0.8kgs this week too, even after last weekend’s over indulgence.

Hello !!! It’s not quite quitting time on Friday here…:05 pm as I type,
    looking forward to my Saturday morning…esp. since today is a fast day so
    no wine (watered done or otherwise for me )
    I am hoping to crush the weight barrier this week…I’ve been doing this for only a couple weeks now and it is s-l-o-w
    but …it is moving in the right direction.
    I love these forums !!! really really helps.
    g’day to you.
    Virginia from Califonia

Virginia welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION, yes it can be slow, but things are happening unseen, keep up the good work. You are eating healthier, your body will show the rewards, believe me. Times are not always easy but know we are behind you…with you, just come on and post for support especially in tough times, we will help. Have a great day, keep up the good work…CG 🙂

Morning all and welcome Virginia. It’s good to read everyone’s posts and see that we are on track. Congrats to those who have lost weight and to those who haven’t – that OK too as it does not always show on the scales. Thanks too for info re weight watchers scales. I’ve ordered them from Tarjay!
    Gypsy please don’t apologise for giving me wise advice on the bowels. The probiotics plus green tea seem to be helping. I’m pretty sure that FD causes the odd glitch to peristalsis. I may well come back to you for more advice. FYI once I’d finished my General plus Mid I never went back to ward nursing. I know a whole lot more about bowel surgery than other useful stuff. I trained in South Africa also before it became a uni subject. You may have heard of Prof Chris Barnard. – first heart transplant. I used to scrub for him. I worked in a paediatric hosptital and we had lots of kids with congenital cardiac defects. Plus cleft palates, hare lips and other problems associated with malnutrition. It was all very interesting and the majority of our patients left hospital fit and well. I’ve been in Oz for almost 35 years now. I love it.
    Does anyone have any FD recipes? I’ve downloaded the recipe book in iBook form and its not easy to use.
    Enjoy you weekend and happy weightloss journey.

Dogsabie, the 5:2 Skinny slow cooker recipe book is a ripper, I can’t remember who recommended it in the first place, sorry but I downloaded it on Kindle, they also have a lot of free healthy recipe books to download, good luck, my recipes are luck of the drawer usually, just normal aussie eating except for the carbs, dry fried or grilled protein, a spray of oil and that’s it…fish, chicken, pork schnitzel un coated with veg or salads, oh prawns too, I often do carrot and zucchini straws together, microwave a few mins, a bit of parsley and yum, I use a lot of home grown silverbeet too, which I cut up an onion and a few tomatoes, rinse silverbeet, cut our stalks, shred, add tomato and onion, bout 5 mins in mircowave, salt and pepper, very yummy and healthy.When not a fast day I add a big dob of butter or creme Fruich.
    FB forgot to say, your family will need a magnifying glass to find you when you meet up, haha….CG xx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,501 through 2,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.