Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 14,786 total)

• Good morning team, how did you all pull up after our holiday. Good luck to those of you fasting, don’t sweat the small stuff everyone, if you go a tad over, don’t worry, stay on track with your choices and you’ll be fine. For the rest of us, do the right things with choices, you’ll come out ahead. Have a great day, give a smile away today, others love to receive it, it cost you nothing and it will usually be given back making you feel all “fuzzy” inside….CG 🙂 xxx

Good morning everyone

Changed my fast day to today always planned to. so went shopping with teenage girls and went to Mexican place for lunch loved it and still remained within calorie limits.

Hope everyone has a great day

Bring on Friday for back to school and some kind of normal in my life.

Thanks for reading

Good Morning ADs

So much to catch up on here. Will catch up on two pages through the rest of the day.
    Back from my beach holiday from Great Ocean Road. Weather was good to us on Saturday and we made most of it by spending all day the beach. Sun, sea and sand, Ah loved it. Moreover, I can wear my shorts on the beach.. Waiting to get into those bikinis, maybe next summer after I have lost another 10 to 12 kgs (If I can loose that)

Drinking happened on Saturday and Sunday and Pizza for dinner both days. Yummmmm…..

Came in home last night and weighed at 1.5 kgs more. But not going to sweat it as I know that couple of fasts have the potential to fix it. Hopefully not too many 😉

I missed the chit chat here and that’s why I am back early in morning today 🙂
    🙂
    fasting today and tomorrow, followed by another fast on Friday to fix this damage. Looking forward to the detox. Love to all and missed all the action here.

Hi everyone, having a B2B fast day today eating exactly the same as yesterday. Going away for 2 weeks tomorrow so won’t be on-line for the duration. Cruising internet is soooo expensive so I’m not getting it. I’ll look forward to catching up again when I return. In the meantime AUSSIE DETERMINATION OI OI OI!

MORNING DETERMINATORS……….I’m sure there will be plenty of fasting around the country & OS today.
    GG!- have a fantastic holiday relaxing & enjoying the exotic ports you are visiting. LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN…. BE SAFE.
    WECLOME BACK FB-Was getting concerned as there was no posts from you YOU know how CG and I ARE WHEN WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM EACH OTHER… so glad you had a great time on THE OCEAN ROAD. Don’t stress about the gain….. You know 5:2 will have you back on track soon enough.
    Gypsy- Just went shopping. There was a lady with a bike and I immediately thought of you. Her motor bike was not as beautiful as the way you described the “BELLE” just a plain jane. Your still sounds sooooo yummy all that mollases… you had me at the Irish coffee.

All the best…….GO GAL

Hello AD’s , hope you all had a great Australia day..!!! Monday is a fast day for me but change of the schedule.. esp for Aus day..!! Had a Australia day bbq with family ..so wasn’t a point is struggling and changed the day to today…!! Yaay.. thats what I love about 5:2 …!!
    Was on cloud nine on Saturday weighing day..to see that I have lost another kilo…putting me on 78.5 Kilos..!! So total weight loss till date is 4.5 when I started just before Xmas..!! Though I must admit my mesurements haven’t changed much and my clothes don’t feel much loose..!! But so happy with the results that I am sure…. the tape measure will start co-operating soon too.. 🙂 ..

Fast day today..!! All the best to the fellow AD who are fasting today..!!! We can do it…!!!

COOOOOEEEE CG I am here!

Good morning everyone!And a belated Happy Australia Day! Such a lot of posts to catch up on and read, was great over my morning cup of tea. Hubby and I fasted until 4pm yesterday…..only had a vegie juice each….then decided to end our fast with a few drinks and cheese, followed by pizza! Oh well….today is another day! I am fasting again, but he’s just having a low cal day…..he loves his breakfast, and has just about cut lunch out altogether, so he’s going well…

Had a laugh over the Gypsy/Gyspy mix up……not to mention human Gypsy’s exercise regime chasing baby chickens…..reminds me of the time a tiny bamtam rooster was being chased around my front yard by next doors dog….he saw me and must have thought the lesser of two evils and flew straight into my arms…..I put him in with my 4 girls and he’s been there ever since….that was 2 years ago….he’s still tiny, but loves his little brood of chunky highlines!

Yeah…..FC will definately have to be Flemmo from now on 🙂 Our honoury Aussie!

Have a great day everyone….

G’Day Mates… I’m a newie here and look forward to your support. I’m lucky to live on the Central Coast of N.S.W. Over the years I have tried many diets, as I’m sure most of you have, but with no long term benefits. So here I am again feeling “STOGGY” again… Don’t know if that is really a word, but it seems to describe how I feel each time before i start to consider a new way of life!!! I’ve just read the Fast Diet Book and feel it makes a great deal of sense.. so I’m preparing my self for action! Just thought I’d chime-in to see any helpful advise… Cheers

Welcome nedb- Be prepared to have a storm of welcomes from the AUSSIE DETERMINATION TEAM!
    Having already read “THE BOOK” you are on your way to understanding the fundermentals of how 5:2 works. It’s not A DIET as such , but a new awareness of the food choices you make each day.The benefits of a healthy sustainable WOL that can keep conditions like Diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels at a “NORM” or over time show a considerable decrease in those conditions with the bonus of weight loss.
    You must , however find a plan that suits your WOL and will satify you on your choices of fast and feast days….Stick to the basic plan to start, then as you become more confident you can change the regimes of the fast days. Many of us do the regime as outlined in “THE BOOK” Fast from last meal Sunday night…. have 1/3 of your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) as the book explains… 500cals for women ,600cals for men. MONDAY ,fast day.. with plenty of fluids and protein such as a boiled egg , black tea/coffee/water Eat a meal with plenty of vegies or salad with meat, chicken, fish for dinner that night…sleep until Tueday morning . This is your feast day. The 5:2 fast is 36hrs !in total no more no less. Your next fast day is THURSDAY (Having TUES-WEDNESDAY as feast days) repeating the same as MONDAY .One more important piece of advice is to have “your head in the right place” about this new WOL. IT WORKS! we have all proved it over 3 mths of this WOL.Hope you enjoy AUSSIE DETERMINATION . You are well on your way to a healthy more confident and positve you and we are all here beside you,…….GO GAL

Hi nedb and welcome, GoGal has covered all basics for you except it’s a 1/4 of your TDEE on fast days, not that it really matters most of us stick to 500 cals…female….600cals …male.
    The weight loss is not just a bonus in my opinion, it’s a must with the obesity epidemic sweeping our globe, you do feel the benefits and the healthy side of preventing so many yucky diseases. Your body is under less pressure carrying so much extra weight;fat around. It’s a wonderful journey and on AUSSIE DETERMINATION we will support and encourage you all the way because YOU ARE NOT ALONE…..CG

Welcome nedb, already a lot covered by GG and CG.

The best part of this WOL is that you are in control and this makes it very sustainable. All the best on this journey, hope you find an answer for weight loss and overall healthy feeling with 5:2.

Foxy, ‘lesser of two evils” LOL. You are it’s savior and you gave him a company of 4 girls:-) 🙂 🙂
    Ah, the joys of having a farm like your’s and CG’s….

Hi team and welcome to nedb. Yip I know how stoggy feels. All that go gal and country gal say are dead right. This is a new way of life for us and I don’t like to think of it as a diet. I’ve tried the Atkins Diet, New Atkins diet in the past. I’ve lost weight quickly BUT it is not sustainable. I invariably put the weight back on plus a few extra kilos. This is my third week on the 5:2. I lost 3 kilos almost in the first week but since then virtually nothing. My measurements are a centimetre or so less though so I know it’s working. I also feel very energetic. Plus doing the cryptic crossword in extra quick time. Fasting is very good for good brain function.
    Just one issue though. The dreaded constipation. I’ve tried to keep up the fibre and lots of fluids but had to resort to laxatives. Does anyone have any suggestions? This morning ( non fast day ) had a can of
    Baked Beans for breakfast. I know they are full of salt and sugar, so don’t want to make a habit of this.
    Good luck all.
    DS

Hi all! Lovely day yesterday, CG. Enjoyed our giggle. Have seen the magic 877777777777! again this morning, and this time it’s here to stay. Brilliant leadership, mate! I can feel side concavities in the frontal belly blob (you KNOWWW what I mean!)the ass swings! Yess! I got the gait! I can walk around Woollies without clutching the trolley for dear life!

Fatbuster, you are right to enjoy a blowout on pizza and drinks with friends. You know, I think state of mind is a factor in the weight dept. Happy speeds up the metabolism! Relaxation increases the happy vibes and it’s a win, win. Bet you come down twice as fast for having a good time!

Go gal, Good to hear from you. Sorry I couldn’t find a provision for posting a photo of the Belle. It is a bit of a classic, well known to regulars on the local bike terrain. Being an old woman on a bike is Youthanizing! I had forgotten the feeling. I really enjoy being a biker with a die hard bunch of oldies. We have ridden together for 10 years or so. Not so often now, the eldest is 78 now, and the arthritis is getting us. But we find ways to adjust. Some go to trikes and the spiders (two front wheel jobs)for stability. I have the sidecar, so can carry extra foldup chairs and esky for the mob. We like to set up our tents under a tree by a creek, light a fire and sit around yarning or reciting bush poetry (It’s my other hobby). Mad buggers, they are a never ending source of inspiration.

The still: I started taking an interest in distilling alcohol (and controlling the content) when my 5 gorgeous granddaughters got to the experimental teens. No spiked drinks for my girls! It was easy to get them hooked on fancy (yum) fruit base fizzies ( at 2% alcohol),they think their old bikie gran is bad ass, so I can lead ’em up any gum path. Even when they got legal age they carried their ‘cocktail’ bases in silver flasks and just bought lemonade or soda and ice. At nightclub prices, It was another win, win! (their boyfriends were pretty easy to under-dose, too, I saved them heaps of dough). Bought drinks made them all sick (too strong!)It’s all those chemicals, mate (wink, wink), so they all caught the ‘go organic’ bug from Grannies booze.

GG, enjoy your cruise, sounds wonderful. I am on a count down for Tassie. Fly out of Townsville 10th Feb.

Foxieeee! Old chook! Glad all’s going good for you, really helps when the other half is in-sync. good on him. I have a delightful bloke who is very supportive and tolerant, I refuse to marry him regularly, so it’s a courtship (Of ten years now). As apposed to two divorces on the ‘Me, Tarzan – You, Jane’ system. Previous males have had difficulty coping with my independent line of thought. It’s nice to find one who applauds it.

The chicks got collected ok. My baby-sitting stint was rewarded with mixed fresh eggs from an organic farm. Turkey and duck eggs for breakfast, on sough dough and grain toast and a bed of baby kale, chard and spinach). Not too bad at all. xx have a nice day all. (back to more gloating over holiday outfits – do you suppose it will snow down there?…. )

Hi All, sounds as if everyone pulled up ok after Mon. holiday. I’ve chosen to do a fast day today so I could relax some on the holiday. Forgot to weigh this morning and as its lunchtime won’t bother until the Friday weigh day. Besides, yesterday’s sausages are bound to kick in and I don’t want to know.

Sunday night fish n chips at a restaurant by the water at Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour was delightful. Lovely to watch the sunset over water but back in harness today.

Nedb this is why its a good WOL, nobody needs to be miserable or make others miserable, just factor in the odd special meal or treat while getting into shape and health. Will be careful on ‘feast’ days this week though.

Dogsabie I’m prone to the dreaded ‘c’ bit too. Can’t take baked beans tho – don’t do much apart from gas ….. I guess that’s why I hit the fruit especially pears, citrus, apples and bananas. Stone fruit is good this time of year…YY

I am having a senior moment… With all the cooking I have done over the past week 1/3 has been firmly imprinted in my brain…… Its 1/4 of your TDEE …….NOT 1/3!

AWWWWWWE THE GYPSY- what a lively spirit you are!!!! I would love to have a GROOVY GRAN like you… your granddaughters’ are so lucky. You bring a smile to my face each time I read your posts, between you and CG ,you both will keep us on our toes , neither of you miss a beat Keep being “THE WILD ONE”…… hugs GO GAL

Gypsy, your a nutta and I luv ya for it. What a breath of fresh air you are. We all look so forward to your posts, I bet you and your mob are still “hell on wheels”. You go girl, we only have one life to live (this time ’round anyway) so live it with “relish”. Isn’t it great getting to a certain age where inhibitions are a thing from the past, one is able to be themselves and don’t give a damn about anyone. Of course without hurting anyone physically or emotionally but just living your own life. Time restrictions and work schedules are so far back in the past that each day is an adventure. Have a ball in Tazzie, do they need warning that you’re coming?..Is Tazzie really ready for you?….Have a great day my friend…CG xx

Dogsabbie, FC gave FB a remedy for constipation, wait till they read your post and they will pass it on for you OR just go back a few pages, a week or two you may find it. Good luck, whatever it was it was natural….take care, and it does “pass” most of us suffered in the beginning but all’s good now…CG xx

Dogsabie, Try a good probiotic (best from chemist who store them in fridge)to get your digestive system flowing for a few weeks(if not forever!)Also Google PRE-BIOTIC FOOD CHOICES. Hot green/lemon tea in am, or just three straight (8oz) glasses of water first thing (don’t eat for 45 mins after)or both consecutively will move rocks! I find sticking to fresh and green (copious amounts of) uncooked or slightly cooked, sources of fibre (all green veg, and salad leaves) on non fast days helps. Plus fruits like paw paw, mango and in particular, DRAGON FRUIT, is high oxidant and will clean you out. Exercise also helps. Lactulose aperient (from chemist) is a good, fast acting solution when nothing else works(avoid pill forms of laxatives) Cilium husks in miso soup or fruit juice is a good bowel trainer. (or in stews, on cereals etc ). Water, water, water. and don’t forget a good systemic massage (try Sweedish) is invaluable to get everything pliant and moving. Find what works for you and NEVER allow constipation to set in. it’s important to dump the rubbish! Luck. Gypsy

Well, there you go Dogsabbie, plenty of advice to help you. You’ll be frightened to cough! Hope it all works for you…CG xx

My Goodness! it has literally taken me a day of reading to catch up on everyone!
    Hi!
    Well what a weekend. I, like many others, fasted on Sunday due to social commitments on Australia Day. I have to say making Nutella Croissants on Sunday was such a test of will power but am over the moon to say i didn’t even lick my fingers!!! Of course enjoyed a cooked one on Monday which is why i love this WOL!
    Was explaining to my boyfriend how flexible it is. Most ‘diets’ fail because it’s ‘you can’t have this or that’ and then you just gorge on it and feel miserable for failing. This is “tomorrow!” and i love that fact.
    We had a big lunch yesterday with lots of crackers and dips and naughty deliciousness but were too full for dinner. Fasting today which has gone ok – was a bit light headed this morning but snacked on some Celery which helped.
    Converted boyfriend to those steamed fish parcels when i made him what i was having for dinner on Sunday. He was so shocked and surprised about how good the food was – it also calmed him to know i was actually eating right when i was fasting and non fasting. He says he has noticed my face is thinner 🙂 hello selfies!
    I’ve had a few problems in the bathroom lately… and i eat plenty of fibre and take probiotics everyday (along with Apple Cider Vinegar). It was pointed out to me that i’d come off a fast day and that there may not have been anything to ‘relieve’.
    Excited for dinner tonight – and definitely an early night for me. I can’t wait till i’m retired!!!! (unfortunately that’s not going to be any time soon – bugger!)
    Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!!
    Aly x

Thanks Gypsy for your words of encouragement. I am hoping for the same 😉 And yes I love your posts too 🙂

Dogsabie , I hear ya!!! I suffer from this horrid issue of constipation as well.

FC once advised to try Flax seeds. I started with chewing 1 tbsp of flax seeds with half a glass of warm skim milk on non fast nights. It started to work and now I chew 2 tbsp with 1 glass of skim milk.
    Worked for me really well. Also, I drink hot water on fast days and this helps constipation too. Hope you find a cure that suits you.

For me baked beans don’t work at all. Just makes me more bloated and lots of acid/gas in tummy (Sorry TMI)

CG, you have shelled it in one, old nut! This is our time! Finally out of fashion and don’t care! Hugs to you,too, Go Gal!

I confess, I do get called upon when certain aspects of situations need a tune up. Tassie is expecting a stir in feral circles. My fav Oirish professor of limericks is our host. I am a founding member of Bush Bards inc. motto being ‘Poetic Justice – reap what you sow’. I do character assassinations on contract!(or accolades, as inspiration dictates) in verse. Depending on the victim meeting certain criteria. Basically a good sense of humour. Or a genuinely vile disposition, (that has incurred unwarranted distress to the innocent). Local Politicians are wary of my pen. (I do write for the local papers on occasion). But mostly it is all in aid of cancer research or children’s charities(poet’s breakfasts etc). So I do get away with murder, if the price is right. (I get bribed, blackmailed and untold donations for vilifying guests of honour at roasts etc…)Of course there are those I happily immortalise one way or another for free!….Mmmm.. I do find you lot quite to my taste. You really shouldn’t encourage my facetious side…… such stimulating names…..You take care now, dearies. xxx

PS. This (below verse) is how my dodgy literary career branched into tapping the bikie community for cancer research donations – I was in school health when my dad succumbed to bowel cancer. Pretty peed off with the lack of info and care for such in rural areas (dad was a bushy who left it to late to seek investigation of his ‘constipation’ (trust me it’s dangerous s*it, Dogsabie, get shot of it!) -I went on a crusade to fix what was wrong with the system and ended up the co-ordinator of the Qld Cancer clinic, but this is how I raised funds for extra equipment on the unit. (there’s ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!)

August 04
    CARRYIN’ THE COFFIN FOR CANCER RESEARCH

Carryin’ the coffin for cancer research
    Gypsy and me, won’t leave them in the lurch
    Cross my palm with silver and I’ll tell your fortune true
    We must kill and bury Cancer before it gets us too!

So sick o’ bein’ sorry
    Sick o’ feelin sad
    Gunna drop the drongo
    That dropped my old dad

Yeah it’s a mongrel
    A rotten yeller curse
    Gunna erase it
    ‘Cos I’m a cancer nurse!

But nursing didn’t cut it
    When I couldn’t save my own
    The little I could do
    Just chilled me to the bone

When faith is lost a line is crossed
    One has to make a choice
    To cower in defeat
    Or rise and find a voice!

No pussy footing pilgrim
    Begging at deaths door
    We need MONEY for research!
    To get it we must ROAR

So I got me a chariot
    Some call it a hearse!
    I called her Gypsy Belle
    For better or for worse

She’s shiny and purple
    While I am bruised and blue
    But I’ll tame the flamin’ Gypsy
    To raise a quid or two

Now Gypsy is a V star
    Six fifty c.c.
    I found her at Yamaha
    And she was meant for me

Three decades of failin’
    To save the human race
    I found my Ulysses
    My Gypsy and DISGRACE!

First I fell off her left side
    Then I dropped her on the right
    Broken elbow and panniers
    Until I saw the light

Five foot two and fifty eight
    The odds were quite unfair
    But I tamed roarin’ Gypsy
    Now I tow me own wheeled chair!

You may call it a coffin
    Call my Gypsy Belle a hearse
    But if we bury cancer
    THEN I’ll call myself a nurse!

With the trikers and the bikers
    Who ride for charity
    I’ll ride for cancer research
    RISE UP! And ride with me.
    M.C.B. (the Gypsy)

We did a biker rally with poet’s brekky, thus begun a wild ride indeed! Ah well, you did encourage me…..and I am soooooo long winded. Cheers!

Nothing short of Brilliant Gypsy, but then, would’t expect anything less from you,
    By the way I know Tassie is spelt as such, but in a yuppy world Tazzie seem to suit it better,
    Keep up the great work ” old girl” ….CG xx

ECHO ECHO……GYPSY…..Just brilliant…and inspiring.You are a force and a voice that is used so well to a cause that is so close to your heart I applaud you to the highest…….GO GALxxx

Hi again. Gypsy, GG, Fatbuster many thanks for tips on the dreaded c_________stipation. It’s can be a pain in the butt – no pun intended! I will start off with the Probiotics and give the others a go too. We have a great support group here and it’s fun to be part of it.
    I think it’s GG who is coming to Tassie. Should you be coming to the North East of the state, we live in beautiful Binalong Bay. You’d be more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa or a stay should you wish. We live in a big house ( kids and grandkids for holidays ) & mostly my hubby and I rattle round in it. By the by we prefer the spelling Tassie but not going to be pedantic.
    Yes I’m at that age in my life when I’m old enough to have accumulated lots of worldly wisdom. It would be great to have the self confidence that comes with life’s experiences but have the body of a twenty year old. Dream on!
    DS

Here’s the mystery, as Michael Mosley says, ‘all kinds of other changes should occur, some of them unlikely and unexpected’. Sometimes you never know how your body is going to respond to fasting. Each person is on their own journey and not everyone will have the same results as each other. And Mimi says ‘this is not about one-size-fits-all rules; it’s about finding a realistic pattern that works for you.’
    So go for it and try different things until you feel the way of life sitting just right for you. It is a mysterious trip for some of us.

Hi DOGSABIE- It was CG that gave you advice along with FB & GYPSY. I’m GG (GO GAL) I stayed in the background . GYPSY is travelling to delight your shores. Stay with 5:2 and that body could well happen . We are all with you on that one!…..GO GAL

Knitomat, for some reason you seem to be at odds with the rest of us. Every one of our team has joined 5:2 to initially loose weight…for health reasons. Everyone except you seem to be having great success with both weight loss and well being. We are all still positive with our outlooks. I’m not really sure our thread is for you. We have all read THE BOOK we are all expecting weight loss as Michael had with the health benefits too. The health benefits do come with or after the weight loss. We are not a forum for contradiction, we are here to support and encourage each other with our weight loss as well have a laugh and share experiences to spur others on with enthusiasm. If the scales don’t move we still feel positive, not disheartened, because we all know our eating plans are so much healthier. None of us joined for the mystery you talk about, we all joined to loose weight.I’m sure you’ll understand..CG

Thakyou girls! (bowing, bowing, SUCH a ham!) I have been hiding my bulk from the public and protecting my bike springs. If this keeps up I may go perform on a tree stump again! (I only write the ammo for others to perform these days, no wind for recitation). But my fitness is improving. It does feel good to laugh. Even better to squat without needing a forklift! 6 kilos lighter makes a difference. So do you all. Thanks.

Dogsabie, Thanks for the invite. Not sure of the itinerary. Am in the hands of our hosts. but it would be nice to say hello if we get your way. My partner is considering buying a getaway in Tassie for the summer months. It costs more for months of aircon power here, than the airfares South! So many huts and houses in my community are holiday residences for Southerners who come North for the winter. We are thinking to reverse the process. The far North QLD heat is getting worse each year, he is English and really feels it. We would be looking for a bargain, needs to have character and be in a community setting, but freehold. Not too isolated, but no city box. I think Binalong Bay was mentioned in some of the real estate sites we are seeing on the net. I’ll have a squiz at it on google now I know someone there! May pick your brain later. What are the temperatures there at the moment? Will I need warm clothes in the day time by next month? It runs about 36 to 40 degrees here.

Great Gypsy! Enjoyed your larrikin verses and echo your sentiments. This rotten curse runs in my family too.

An intense 40 deg here just now and Tassie sounds just about right to me but Nahhh, who am I kidding, the beach has a stranglehold. Such great beaches too!

Hi ,KNITOMAT- I have just gone back to refresh my memory of your story about why you joined 5:2 and AUSSIE DETERMINATION which was the 16th December 2014. By my calculations you have been on FD now 6wks. You said that you lost a small amount of weight initially & it came back on. You had sleep apnoea which now seems to have subsided. It sounds like YOU have not found YOUR rhythm with FD, as you start your fast at 2.30pm. YES I know it says it in the book , BUT, however it does not seem to be working for you… Your gut is full with digested food most of the time! You have never told us over the weeks if you have lost anything.so silent about your intake of food and its choices. Yet ready with a negitive comment about what a team member’s choice of fluid is.

5:2 is based on many years of research . There is no MYSTERY regarding the effects what fasting creates at a cellular level ie the body’ response to insulin levels
    after fasting.
    On AUSSIE DETERMINATION WE ARE NOT NEGITIVE in our thoughts , we as a team believe in support and positive encouragement to all. We have a laugh and share our ups and down with FD…. sadness and loss in our private lives ..we are a family brought together by this new way of life to better health and to hopefully slow down symptoms of illness and its unpleasant side effects. If you feel that you cannot contribute in positive way w3ith sharing your high and lows with FD , especially to new members ,then perhaps our thread is not for you. These are my thoughts and I am responsible for them…..GO GAL

Ta, Yum Yum, (just know you’re a wag with a tag like that), So you’re in West Oz? I have heard the beaches are great over there. And you know about hot! I haven’t done the west coast in my travels. last big trip was Darwin and down the centre to Uluru. Have been down the east coast and around to Adelaide, the Snowy’s etc. But there’s no where I would rather call home than Nth Qld.I love the green of our tableland and rainforest, couldn’t leave my scrub hut on the river for snow, either! Not forever.

But am really looking forward to seeing more of Tasmania than Hobart this time. And definitely feeling more energy since starting 5:2. Sad for others who haven’t got it working in their favour.

G’day fellow 5/2 ers, been on this healthy journey for about 6 weeks and have lost 11kgs. Like most posts found the start required a bit of adjusting but for you newbies find what works for you there are some great tips on this forum. Great report in the age today regarding fasting and Excercise whereby tests show if you exercise prior to eating it helps burning of fat. Linking quite well with Mosley. Everybody enjoy the journey….

Hi Gypsy, just jumping in, the only reason it doesn’t work is not doing a strict 5:2, with both 500 fast days and up to TDEE on non fast days. You for one knows how easy it works. Also short people do have trouble loosing with 5:2, having read THE BOOK it does state that. There are a lot of threads relating to that subject, especially under NOT LOOSING WEIGHT. It does work for most people but not all, again stated in the book. I’m not sure if they know why short people have problems or why, or any person for that reason, but a lot just stick with it, and get results in the end. This forum has so much info in it, with all positive feed back. I know it’s not recommend for pregnant ladies or teens I think, but if anyone is seriously trying, there is so many references in the search bar at the top of the page. It’s just a shame when suggestions are made you get shot down with negatives. None of us are experts,, we all started out the same way, knowing very little then picking things up as we went, then shared it to help other in the hope of helping them. Most of us zig zag too, just a fact of life, but the zag get bigger than the zigs…have a lovely evening, tennis just finished so off to bed. Night team…CG xx

Gunnadoit, that’s just wonderful , what a credit you are to yourself sticking with it. Keep up the good work, that will send out a lot of incentive and motivation to our team, again, well done…CG xx

Hi Team, the bloke is still with you, but he is in the grip of gastro. As a weight-loss technique, I don’t recommend it. Be back with you when it is over…

XXXX

G’Day Mates, Thanks to all who made me feel welcome.. I’m enjoying the snippets of advise. I’m having bloods taken on Thurs. so will start my life change on Friday.. cheers Nedb

Hi CG and GG, I’m sorry you think I’m being negative. The comments I’ve made are based on my understanding of the 5-2 WOL.

GG, you are absolutely right when you say’It sounds like YOU have not found YOUR rhythm with FD’. Iv’e been trying different times to do the fast to see what suits me best which is what the book suggests people do.

The last couple of FDs I’ve tried beginning the fast in the evening and ending it the next evening. This seems to be working better for me. I’m not sure why you think that trying new ways to fast is a negative or why it is wrong to change things around if they’re not working. Both Michael and Mimi have different methods so I am trying different things too.

It’s probably not for anyone who doesn’t know me to say whether my gut is ‘full with digested food most of the time!’ without asking what or when I’m eating.

And the reason I haven’t written about weight loss is, as I explained earlier, I don’t tend to weigh myself very often. Instead I take body measurements and I’ve mentioned on numerous occasions that the measurements are barely moving. Hardly exciting news. In fact it is hard to read everyone else’s exciting losses when not much is happening at my end. This result is also why I used the ‘mystery’ word. I am mystified why 5-2 works miraculously for others but not for me and I wanted to ensure that those other ghost readers who also might not be having results could see that not everyone has the same results. It can be disheartening to try and not have the results everyone else seems to be having.

I wanted to participate with my experience but it seems that unless I announce gleefully that I am having success I am interpreted as being negative. That’s not what I expected. Surely everyone can report their experiences even if they are not the same as yours.

Gypsy I’ve never been to Queensland either and I guess your temps are pretty intense too because of the humidity whereas we have very dry heat in the West.

Gypsy I’ve never been to Queensland either and I guess your temps are pretty intense too because of the humidity whereas we have very dry heat in the West. Sure you would get a charge out of a visit West, our beaches look a lot like yours from what I see on docos but without all the summer storms! Hinted like mad for about a year leading up to our 40th anniversary five years ago but as I’m married to a lovely guy who likes his feet under his own table, he worked out what a Queensland holiday would cost and bought me a luscious ring the same value!!!!! Devious.

Hope you enjoy your Tassie hols 🙂

Oh dear today became carb tuesday, got my monthly visitor and totally blew my tdde.
    But then i think this is how i used to eat pretty much every day… No wonder i got overweight
    that is definitely NOT a mystery

I have found fasting makes me light in the monthly friend department (sorry to the blokes here) anyone else noticed that? I am going to move my fast day to thursday, cos it does worry me a little bit if it effects
    ‘Down there’ … Would be interested in others experiences in this area?
    Cheers all
    🙂

Thanks CG for mentioning that short people might find the 5-2 WOL doesn’t have the same results as taller people. There is an interesting post that discusses the issues for short people that I found very helpful. If anyone else is a shorty and wants to read the forum go here https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/calling-all-small-ladies/

There is also an interesting discussion about BMI and frame size that some others might find useful if they are trying to calculate what goal weight to aim for. Apparently it varies depending on frame as well as age and height.
    http://tunza.com.au/ThePlanet/templates/theplanet-00/BMICalculator-Index.htm

By adding in lower and lower weights I was able to determine a weight range to aim for. For me the range is between 50kg-66kg.

Knitomat my doctor suggested that I start with a 12 hour fast and build over time. Have you had blood work done? Some health conditions will interfere with your ability to lose weight.

There was a show http://BBC.co.UK/rightdiet that looked at choosing the right diet to match the reason you are overweight You might find that worth looking at.

Hi ali_kayn, Thanks for you suggestions. I am very fortunate to not have any health conditions except aging. I rarely see a doctor but ever since I turned forty I have had a health check up every five years to see how things are going. Blood pressure and cholesterol are still excellent. The weight I’ve gained is due to a sedentary lifestyle associated with study and possibly stress. I returned to uni in my forties and haven’t stopped.

There is a suggestion in the book that 16 hours between meals can be even more beneficial so I use the overnight hours to count towards a big 16 hour break between my two FD meals. When I first began 5-2 I did a calorie diary to see what I was eating on non-fast days and I was within my TDEE.

One of the 5-2 forums suggests short people have a harder time losing so I’ll keep that in mind as I continue to figure this mystery out. At least I’ve stopped snoring and I only wish I’d taken my neck measurement when I began so I could see a change there but I didn’t realise how important it might have been. : P

Good morning team, oh so much happens when we go to bed!
    Andrew poor poor didums! Please take care. Keep the fluids going, maybe even soup. Gastro is awful, it leaves you very washed out and overall, just feeling rotten.
    nedb, lovely to hear from you, it’s a long journey ahead but very enjoyable.
    Robbie, unable to comment, long time, years in fact, since any of that affected me. I’m sure a few of our younger members will respond.
    Knitomat; I don’t know what the answer is with you. You wont buy scales which we all have, including Michael, it’s the only way to see changes even suttle ones. Especially when naked in your own bathroom. Unless you cut white carbs totally, spuds, rice, pasta, all breads,cakes biscuits etc, at least for a week or two just to see if that makes any difference, maybe you are, but please don’t send me any references regarding this as an issue, it’s a suggestion to you! Take it or leave it. We are here to help and suggest, check out the whole forum as our thread just isn’t working for you.
    Team happy fasting day to those doing 4:3. The rest of us, plan plan plan for tomorrow. As quick as they come around…so do weigh in days
    Still cool in country Vic but lovely looking morning, if this is Summer, I’m a happy little vegamite. Few stinkers but mostly mild days. Feb will be out test. Keep smiling, we are all on a path of weight loss and well geing and WE CAN DO IT at AUSSIE DETERMINATION ..CG. 🙂 xxxx

I do like a good discussion about health and the choices we make concerning diet and its effects on the body.
    KNITOMAT- Your posts have been negitive in that you have become so disheartened because you are not losing weight.
    “THE BOOK” is a guide to facilitate a better healthy lifestyle. Behavorial changes as as much important as the diet one chooses.. its how to STAY MOTIVATED and UNDERSTAND WHAT HUNGER IS. It does not matter what diet one chooses as long as the overall calories are reduced. one must find a diet that is easy and sustainable for the long term.5:2 is that.
    I can asure you what you do not see on the outside is diffently occurring on the inside eg You had a snoring problem that woke you during the night, that has now subsided as there is less fat deposition in your lower airwys.
    My comment “YOUR GUT IS FULL MOST OF THE TIME WITH DIGESTED FOOD” is I don’t know what or when you eat. There is something wrong with your fasting/feasting regime because in theory you should be losing.
    There have been weeks over the last 4 mths were members have not lost kgs, plateaus have occurred for many weeks than suddenly there is a loss.
    Weight to height ratios are also a factor that should be considered.
    Much of your journey on 5;2 has been alone even though your friend is onFD.
    Join us and allow us to help you with your frustration of not losing. We are no experts ..we share and support ,advise and encourage each other .Not one of us has given up and there have been some real stuggles for many of us. YOU ARE NOT ALONE …ALL OF US ARE HERE TO HELP ,SO SHARE YOUR STUGGLES WITH US……GO GAL

Another suggestion team, even though you are within your TDEE so is unhealthy choices. Obviously eating fresh leafy greens, fruit, soups, stir fry’s lots of veg, salads on non fast days will help your over all well being and weight loss to assist your well being. You can fit cream cakes, biscuits etc into your TDEE but how unhealthy is that. That is what got us all in the over weight situation in the first place. Sure, have your binges on rare occasions, we all love chocolate or a wine or pizza but within reason, remember portion sizes and maybe just ONE biscuit with your tea/coffee….try to get some movement going, walk around the block, walk around your yard, use an exercise bike, our 5:2 dose work miracles but the more YOU assist with your choices the greater the success you will have….CG xx

Good morning everyone

I have been exercising so hard over the past couple of weeks, I am seeing benefits I feel smaller and stronger and fitter. Measurements have been going down over the month.

Still waiting for it to show on scales. This month have been up and down same kilo grrr.

CG I have let a few food creep back into my diet that are not the best having been picking at foods again. I account for everything on my fitness pal and am under TDEE. You post hit home a bit.

Will do menu plan healthy shop today, and a bit of a cook up.

Good Morning All! Happy Wednesday!
    Usually i’m not hungry after a fast day but this morning i was famished! i could not wait for my berries, chia, oats and coconut kefir!
    I’m excited as i got an email this morning to say my shipment of “THE BOOK” is on its way :D! everyone talks about it and i haven’t read it so i’m going to change that! YEAR OF CHANGE!
    As for that time of month – i’ve only had one since i’ve started 5:2. I noticed that it had gone back to what i usually had at high school. Heavy and with pain – guess that’s the natural way i have it as i usually skip it on the pill (sorry gentlemen).
    And just for the record i do not have scales either.
    I also tried some cauliflower rice last night that i grated! holy moly! delicious. It’s a fantastic addition to the steamed fish and vegies that i have on fast day. Not only is it super low in calories but it packs a huge vitamin and fibre punch! Highly recommend it. Even bought some raw grated cauliflower to work today to pop in the microwave for an addition to my lunch!
    Interesting about the short people finding it difficult to lose weight. I consider myself short at 163cm. What is really considered short?

Morning ALY- in answer to your question “WHAT IS CONSIDERED SHORT” Short stature refers to a persons’ height that is below typical….. meaning less than 143cms or 4’10”. Below that the… term is DWARFISM ,which is due to slow or delayed growth. Medical conditions can delay growth rates as seen in children… GROWTH HORMONE that is deficient.There is so much involved in an explanation ,this is just a little of this interesting topic.
    You are ok! Love medical trivia ….. its been awhile since I had any paediatric practice ,it made me use my grey matter …….GO GAL

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.