Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,301 through 2,350 (of 14,786 total)

• FLEMISH… I would like to welcome you as an HONORARY AUSSIE!

Darling ….you don’t have to take every Monday off….just the 26th January each year….learn the Australian anthem….wear thongs (on feet… not bum) eat meat pies…respect the kangaroo…..HOLDEN CARS are no longer Aussie ,so you don’t have to drive one. Do the Aussie salute..chasing the flies and mossies away….wear aerogard repellent as your summer perfume. That how you become one of us. WELCOME…GO GALxxxxx

PS play cricket….Have a BARBIE when ever you can…..GO GAL

It’s a non-FD, and I’m not feeling hungry having had a good breakfast (2 eggs and a slice of smoked salmon [minus a tiny share for the cat]}. I’m feeling kind of light in the arms and legs. Not light-headed, but almost like the stoned feeling of having taken codeine (which I haven’t).

People, if you’re not that hungry, do you skip meals? Especially after a fast day I’m not hungry for lunch.

For any of the new people here and to remind us ALL that we are in CONTROL of our food not the other way round….this is what I wrote on the 4th January this year hope it helps……..FAST DAY tomorrow…hope this helps your mindset….

Ever tried the 10 minute rule?

I think Michael Moseley mentions it in his studies of 5:2

First give yourself permission to eat….as you are in control of the food you eat…then wait 10 minutes before eating it……I find that my mind has gone onto some other food/distraction and I reapply the 10 minute rule…I can do this all day!….I just had a thought…maybe this shows I can be easily distracted LOL

Just thought I would solve the mystery person…..Veggie

Thank you so much Vegie … I went back looking to see who put that logical 10 minute rule post up ….I think it is the best mantra and does work. You are no longer my mystery person…….GO GAL

Go gal….Michael Mosely definitely gets all the credit and thanks for 5:2…without him…where would we all be…..THREE CHEERS!

Well my AUSSIE day treat is unexpectedly shampooing my lounge room carpet. One of my “boy’s” Rocky (KCS, exactly like Michaels in his video towards the end, Black and Tan) I expect ..my youngest..14mths old has left a message for me, slightly softish so when picking it up with tissues left a stain. Thinking the positive way…it’s exercise! They have a pet door to use, he’s just bl….y lazy….So on with the “exercise”…..happy days! …CG xx

Hi Ruxton. YES! Monsterio Delicio – we had a tree (small tree) in our backyard and we called it the ‘fruit salad tree’ when I was a kid. It almost gets there but not quite, good memory. I have seen them around in small amounts at my greengrocer from time to time will have to try some again.

FC I’m all for every Monday off, after all we’re not known as the Land of the Long Weekend for nothing!!

CG I had a similar problem Friday. My cat Sugarplum chundered on the carpet for only the second time in her five year old life. She watched me anxiously as I cleaned up and was very loving (for a Ragdoll) all day. YY

Yes it’s the beauty of having animals I guess. Actually it did me a favour. I have beige high low cut carpet, my farm has red soil, not the best choice, even with taking my shoes off outside to come in, my boy’s don’t, even dust blows in, which is red but the carpet came up beautifully so quite pleased. I bought the shampooer years ago, saves heaps rather than get anyone in with perfect results. Good old Bissell! Hope your having a nice day, I’m not counting any cals today just relaxing, stir fry for dinner just letting the day roll on…CG xx

Hi all, yes you gotta love your pets through thick and thin. My old Gypsy (miniature foxy) has been doing little throw ups in the night. She has a bed in the rumpus room , and it’s tiled ,so not much of a drama to clean. But she’s always “my” dog when it happens!. Hubby can’t stomach it lol! She will be 16 in August, God bless her. She needs to do 5:2 too, I think!
    I’m doing a fast day today. chicken and salad with asparagus (5 for 8 cals) and a plum. Going to have the mushroom strog tonight. Tomorrow fish and chips and lemon meringue desert. Happy days!
    I have a monstera down the back yard. It’s climbed way up high in a gum tree, so we have to wait for the fruit to drop. Inly if the possums don’t get them first!
    Have a great Australia Day everyone, including you too FC!

I’m not counting cals today either CG. Just had the last of the coleslaw with a few thin slices of chicken breast and a roma tomato because we are probably going out to Fremantle to eat fish n chips by the ocean. Tastes better somehow fresh and looking out at the fishing boats. Could eat more but won’t, be really crooked if he changes his mind 🙂

Think your old Gypsy can be let off having to diet at this stage of her life Linda, poor darling. Be interested to know how you found the mushroom strog too.

Have a great Australia day.

Poor Gypsy Linda, they are so much apart of our family, you’ll have a hard time when her time comes, my 13.5 y.o Cav had a heart attach in front of me 16 mths ago and I still miss him, (he was a Blenheim, Red and White) I have his picture as my screen saver on the computer, I talk to hime every day, my other three think I’m going nutty, but I adored him…your days and fish and chips sound great girls, I agree they taste better out of paper at the sea side too…enjoy xx CG

Decided to do our fast day today, as tomorrow we have a family BBQ for Australia Day. I usually hate fasting on a “non-work” day as I have very little will power, and find it waaaayyyy easier while I’m at work, too busy to think about food!!!

Haven’t done too bad today, 1 hour brisk walk this morning and a 45 min bike ride this arvo (hilly terrain!!) I’m determined to breach my plateau!!!

Food so far 1/4 cup orange juice (just can’t give it up!!) big glass water with lemon juice, 6 almonds and a beautiful ripe nectarine for lunch. Starting to get a bit peckish now. Having a lamb stir-fry with Konjac noodles for tea!!

Better get cracking!! :o)

Hello everyone

I have been to a party only for a little whilst one child sick, anyway I met up with people I haven’t seen since starting this program. So many compliments on how different I look and what have I been doing, one friend said oh my god I would have walked past you in the street you look so different and so healthy.
    I told them I was on 5 2 they had all heard of it too hard they said. None of this group were overweight by the way.

So instead of bbq food snacks tonight I have chicken and salad, with renewed confidence.

Did my 4th run this morning.

Feeling on top of the world.

Thanks 5 2. Love it.

Thanks to everyone on this forum you are an inspiration.

Bali it’s surprising how a compliment is all it takes to give our AUSSIE DETERMINATION a kick in the butt as far as motivation goes.
    Well done Koko, it’s difficult when your out of routine but your doing well
    ..CG xx

Haw, haw! So, I have been out of the loop a couple of days and, coming in at the end of things, I see this (quote- Lindanaf)”…..I think poor old gypsy can be let off dieting at this stage of her life… “. …and then CG got in on it…

I was so touched by the concern for my struggles!

Then I traced the source and really had a laugh. Tho I do sympathise with my aging counterpart. Give your Gypsy a pat for me,Lindanaf, I’m a dog lover, too. Animals make the world go round and hey, sometimes s**t happens!

I have been baby sitting 6 guinea fowl keets (chicks)this weekend, waiting for a friend on a property to collect them. Noisy, demanding and frisky little devils, (good exercise when they fly the coop!) no time for reading all the emails. Looking forward to fast day tomorrow. Nite all.

Hi All,

Just dropped in to wish you all a Happy Straya Day tomorrow, wherever you are in Oz. Read the last couple of pages, and looked at that lovely cool photo from FC with snow in it. So good to see on a hot day! Now I see you’ve made FC an honourary Australian ( note we spell it the English way not the American way). So, anyway, that means, FC, that you need to be called by an Aussie(Ozzie) name. How about “Flemo” or “Flemmy”, as all names in Australia get shortened to something else.

And just because it’s Straya Day tomorrow, you guys here should probably teach FC the not-very-secret secret way that Ozzies can always find each other overseas.

Have fun tomorrow,
    Cheers,
    Merry

KOOOEEE!

COOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!

Hi go gal,

So sorry you’re all alone!

Your thread may be the Marie Celeste… but there are still people out here…!

Morning team, Gypsy, that’s priceless, so funny. I agree if you haven’t loved an animal you haven’t loved at all!
    HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY everyone. Enjoy your activities and the fooood….ooooh the lovely fooooood, snags on the barbie take a lot of beating!
    I take it most will ge fasting tomorrow, don’t ruin a good celebration for the sake of fasting.
    Have a great day one and all, weather looks great so go for it …CG 😆 xx

Hay GG. Cooooooooeeeeeee!
    Hugs CG xx

Hi All
    I am going to start 5:2 tomorrow and am looking forward to Day 1 fasting! It was good to see all of the very supportive messages for Newbies … I will take comfort that you have all done it and enjoyed it.
    My only worry is that I am completely addicted to my cups of tea (with a small sugar, Yes really) .. that is the one thing I think I am going to struggle with and miss very badly! I am all lined up with herbal tea etc, but it wont be the same … anyone else suffer with this Achilles heel??

Coooeeee! I hear ya! Happy Australia Day everybody! To all not fasting, enjoy a piece of pav or a “lammo” (thanks, Merryme) and of course lamb on the barby. Chuck a few kingys in for good measure 🙂

OMG ! talk about LOL! Gypsy, you must have wondered what was going on ! So funny! I was sitting here, all alone cackling away *^*
    And yes, CG they do become so much a part of our lives.
    YumYum, I was on hols in fremantle many many years ago, and had the best fish and chips ever! They grilled it with garlic butter, yummy! I have no idea where it was or what the shop was called , but it was big and very popular.
    Bali, how wonderful to get compliments! You must be feeling on top! It gives you renewed Aussie Determination!
    Kokotango, I fasted yesterday, too. It was a bit harder on a Sunday. Too many temptations around! Kept going out in the garden, but it was so hot! Did drink a lot of water, though. But couldn’t join in with hubby on Happy Hour. (boo hoo 🙁 )
    I felt hunger after I had fruit, too! I had a nectarine (33) for breaky, and a plum (41) before a salad at lunch time. They are getting ripe in a hurry, so didn’t want to waste them.
    I had the mushroom strog for dinner. 200g of mushrooms seemed too much, so I had 175g. But they did shrink a lot. I only had half a zucchini left, so it wasn’t as big a meal as in the pic. But it was very nice!
    Have a great day all xx

Linda, I hope you get to stretch happy hour a lot further today….enjoy, make up for missing out yesterday and today there is reason to celebrate!..CG 🙂 xx

Morning everyone,
    I am having a fast day today as I am going to work and had the family get-together yesterday. Hopped on the scales this morning (as I have chosen Monday for weigh-in, I like to make it hard on myself… haha) and despite a very large bowl of pasta last night I am under 90….yay, only just 89.9, but yay!!!
    Catherine1963, you can still have your tea, just have to account for it in your 500 calories. I think I am right in saying that, correct me if I am wrong all you seasoned 5:2er’s out there. I am new as well….I love tea also but don’t have sugar.
    So far I have had a glass of lemon juice and hot water, about to go to the gym and then have smoothie before going to work for a 1pm start. Should be easy from there as I will be driving around in a truck all day without much time to think about food (who am I kidding, who doesn’t think about food when they are driving around for hours!!!).
    Hope you all have an awesome day celebrating this awesome county that we live in….

Welcome Catherine1963! I wish you success, and you did come to the right place. We do have a lot of help and support here, not to mention the laughs!
    I don’t have a tea addiction… my down fall is “happy hour”. Walking around the garden having a few cold white wines.
    I make up a huge pot of different flavoured teas on fast day. I don’t like plain green tea on it’s own. Good luck, and ask anything! Some one will have an answer.
    Do you have the 5:2 book? It’s a great investment. It’s all this “diet” will put you out of pocket! I bought mine from Amazon, on line.
    Good luck 🙂

CG, I reckon I just might 😉

We really do live in the best country in the world, bit taken over by Gov. So many rules and reg’s these day’s, Aussie don’t need that, we are still True Blues, prices taxes etc over the top, you realise when o/s how dear we are, BUT it’s still the best country and our AUSSIE’ism is world renown, keep up the traditions team, that’s what makes us AUSSIES …CG xx 🙂 xx

Especially HAPPY HOUR!

Hi ali_kayn, yes, yes, yes. On non-fast days I tend to approach food completely differently to before I began 5-2. Sometimes I’m not that hungry so I don’t eat much or anything. I’m beginning to only eat when I’m hungry. This can be tricky if you’re living with a household of people and meals need to be regimental (to a degree) but it’s great if you only have to feed yourself.
    I’ve also started to have a different relationship with bread. It still smells great but I just don’t feel like eating it very much. Never eat supermarket bread. It is tasteless and gluggy compared to the beautiful fresh French bread I find in the bakery section of one of the big supermarkets.
    Similarly to Flemishcurves, I no longer have an appetite for sugary treats. They are too sweet and strangely I can taste the salt in them too. Yuck! I still eat dark chocolate occasionally though. Yum!

Hi C1963, You’re at the beginning of a mystery tour. Even though you are addicted to tea now, you never know what you’re body is going to respond to once you’ve been on the program for a couple of months. Listen to your body and don’t be hard on yourself. If you love tea, keep drinking tea. If you find you prefer herbal tea, then go for it. It’s all up to you.

G’day cobbers. Went out for dinner last night (anniversary) and had a little too much and am 400g heavier this morning so having a fast day today. Probably fluid. Not doing too much today anyway just chillin’.

Welcome Catherine1963. I have normal tea at least once a day every day. 12 months ago I was having stevia in my tea but now no sweetener at all. I weaned myself over time from sugar to stevia and then nothing. I now taste the lactose (which is a sugar) in the small amount of low fat milk in my tea. Maybe you could try the same over time. I also have the teabag fruit infusions – Lipton, Tetley and Twinings as well as others have them. I also make a litre jug of them and put it in the fridge every morning. They’re great for flavouring your water and encourage you to drink more.

Anyway have a great day all.

Well Catherine1963 I am a tea addict. Used to have milk and two sugars but over the years have got myself to black no sugar. I use tea for my fast days when I feel hungry I make a cup of tea which takes a few minutes and then I drink slowly. Have tried the infusions but never found one that I liked. Green tea causes reflux but white and black tea dont – go figure. I agree with CG in weaning oneself off the sugar. I love chocolate – never went a day without some but now can go for almost a week without – weaning slowly. I find when I do have something sugary I get a bit fuzzy and light in the head and the heart races for a while. My body telling me something I do think.

Happy Australia day everybody.

Hi Cath 1963, this is NOT a mystery tour you are embarking on a journey of well being, weight loss, reawakening of food tastes, and learning the difference between hunger and just habit. Welcome to our team, AUSSIE DETERMINATION will lead the way for you, we support and encourage every step you take. We are all very positive members and you will enjoy this new Way of Life and new Way of Eating. Sugar in your tea is a personal preference, I use Sugarine, have done for years and years, as do most diabetics (which I’m not, just don’t like the taste of sugar), it is all personal preference. What ever you eat must be calculated into your daily cals.Work out your TDEE in the how section at the top of the page, that is an indication for non fast day, you will learn with practice what you can eat and wont need to count daily but a good idea to begin with. 500 cals on two days a week and your away…we are here for you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, have a great day…CG xx

Hay Foxy..Cooooooeeeee!

IF this WOL is a mystery tour….. SHOW ME THE MYSTERY!….Its being aware of your body and it’s needs after the years of feeding it crap! There is science involved in this way of life. Research ( IF you care to go back into the fundamentals of 5:2) have shown significant results in fasting intermittently…. Micheal himself saw the benefits, as his family histroy … that of his Father’s illness and conditions encouraged him to experiment and research the effects of insulin resistance and metabolic disorders in humans. The end result of those case studies speak for themselves. IS that some mystery? ….I think not!

I am now going to have pavlova and a game of cricket with my neighbours…..GO GAL

…Cackle…. Coooeee! To the newbies. Greetings all! Having a bonza Straya day meself….hic…woke up to a bunch of ferals totally into a liquid lunch! So what the hell, it’s fast day. I’m in!

Catherine 1963, try lemon infused white lightning (straight from my still in the scrub) with black tea ‘n’ lotsa’ ice, lovey.(add a mint leaf for the julep effect, soooo healthy…) That’ll give yore day a kick start!(only 20cals, promise). I make it from fermenting organic sugar cane grown in the back yard. Or get raw (I mean real raw! from the mill across the river) sugar still lumpy with molasses, for rum (winter Irish coffee, yum).

No worries, mate, just give it a go. Trust us, you will beat ANY ADDICTION WITH THE RIGHT INCENTIVE and nothing feels as good as feeling Gooood! Meanwhile the mates on here will give ya’ plenty of food for thought. (and you can refer to the Oracle (CG)to counterack the dodgie ones , like meself.(some do think I’m a dawg… it’s true… )

Seriously? 5:2 is a win, win, the backbone straightens and the …er.. bits shrink!

Yay! lost inches chasing those pesky guinea fowl chicks yesterday (got loose in the lounge). Spending the avo in the aircon trying on gear to select for my Tassie trip. whilst I have been fluctuating between size 20 & 22 tops, have been stuck on size 18 bottoms. I am now getting back into the odd 18 top and 16 bottom (depending on the make) Yess! Cheers! Gypsy

Gypsy, you gorgeous character you, it ‘s great trying clothes on and realising you have shrunk, but it’s a bummer when your favourite outfit is too big!Enjoy the fun of your chicks, they’ll be gone soon then back to normal. Nothing brings a smile to a face than baby animals, nothing cuter. Good luck with the (rotten job of) packing, have a great day…CG. : lol: xx

Gday all and happy Australia Day.
    Decided to fast today, was gonna have some national emblem but decided to switch to scallops

I got some Coles frozen roe off, on the packet it says 43 cal per 100g.
    Other searches on roe off scallops differ greatly to this.
    Should i believe the packet? Mm.. Surely Coles wouldnt lie to me!
    I will assume at this point that their info is accurate. What would you do?

Hope you all got some nice weather and had a lovely day

xx…. but even more fun Shoppppping!

I’d think about it for 10 minutes, Robbie, then eat!

… thoughts have energy you know. And My mind over all that matter is an epic exercise! Go determinators! Have a happy Oz evening, all.

Im sticking with the packet gypsy, have no choice
    No need to think, i am eating it in about 3 hours…
    🙂

Measured my waist at the start of fd and am 1 cm down t the waist. Gives an added incentive to keep on.

Kintom- if you like a sweet tea i drink a blend 1/3 lavender 1/3 peppermint and 1/3 licorice root. It’s quite sweet and very calming.

Hope you all enjoyed STRAYA DAY…. Our side of the street won the cricket match!
    Tomorrow will be a fast day for me ….soooo looking forward to it.
    Robbie- have used Coles scallops often and they are good. Aldi also have them along with New Zealand green lipped mussels.

There is nothing like cold tea infused with Turkish Apple,, or orange and cinnamon; T2 have a great range of teas.
    Merry me – thank you for joining me this morning.
    WELCOME TO OUR THREAD NEW TEAM MEMBERS.

ENJOY the rest of our nations day.OH R over the fireworks if they are in your vacinity…….GO GAL

Hi team, glad your day went well GG..I eventually fasted, didn’t know wether to or not but ironing etc most of the day so no lunch and ended with steak and mushies for dinner, came in at 567cals all day, so not too worried. Craving a bikkie tonight, almost had toast with dinner, gave myself a good hard talking to, tomorrow, tomorrow, so the grain bread went back into the freezer and me sulking, but really enjoyed my dinner without it. Having a cappuccino now and WANT a bikkie, tomorrow, tomorrow! Never usually struggle like this, usually come in around 420 or so but had an extra whiskey and zero coke (or two) so that’s what did it, but I enjoyed them too. Have a peaceful night team, plan for tomorrow if your fasting, boil an egg, get the iced tea in the fridge, you know the drill, carrot and celery straws for work, YOU CAN DO IT this is AUSSIE DETERMINATION :). CG xx

time for bed – end of my third fast day and did OK with no great temptations except for the container of pistacio nuts – had some and then a salad for dinner with tinned tuna. Off to Qld tomorrow for brother in laws funeral at South Port. Got directions and packing bag. Has been raining here most of the day with a doozy of a downpour in the afternoon. does running around in the rain clearing drains use up more calories than if it wasnt raining. I should hope so. Anyway will be off the air for a few days. Good wishes for everybodies FDays this week and for weigh in = for me on Friday.

Ruxton, safe trip, take it easy, not a nice family gathering but at least you will be together, I hope all goes well for you….we will be here for you when you return, all the best CG xx

Had the scallops, which shrunk quite considerably.. Thus the cal count methinks
    Tried to count the one sec spray of olive oil, that was a guess count..
    Tonights recipe was scallops with spinach, baked pumpkin, and garlic on cauliflower rice with a curry sauce.
    And i had a patriotic bundy and diet pepsi.
    You can have that bread tomorrow CG..
    only one more sleep to carbs for us
    I make a green tea with lemon and mint … Steep the tea bags with mint and lemon rind for about 45 mins, then, add the juice from the lemon, pour into a litre bottle, add some extra water to dilute it a bit, and put in fridge. I add a bit of stevia when i drink it…
    Aldi have a mineral water with lemon thats quite nice too.
    Have a good week all

Robbie your doing everything right, no doubts, good on you, your planning and meals are spot on, have a lovely evening, I love scollops too also prawns, I use them quite often on fast days…CG xx ps low cal and so yuuuum xx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,301 through 2,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.