Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,551 through 11,600 (of 14,786 total)

• Mornin’ CG and PH…..great to hear all the plans for the reunion are coming together, the excitement is really building ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Glad you’re enjoying such lovely weather, make the most of it. Yes, OH is very good to me and is so thoughtful and kind. Enjoy the massage, CG and the pool PH!

Hi all.
    Yes, CG (30 kilos, wow!) the email address is still valid. I found it in my old browser. uptightoutasight@gmail.com

I too am up for those 2 evenings, thanks for organising.

Well, finally got on the scales after 2 proper fasts. I am up 3 kilos from my lowest ever after about 2 months of virtually no fasting plus all the hols, xmas and so much more. It actually helps to be back on the scales after being a bit cavalier crossed with a bit scared…

So, I am not going to be the super trim person I was aiming for for WTF but still OK. Today I am the devils number 66.6 My short term goal is to be a couple of kilos lighter by the reunion. Did I mention I am going to New Zealand in 10 days time for a couple of weeks? I know I am lucky to travel so much but it is tough on the eating front. Only have myself to blame and will not allow myself to put on a gram more. ๐Ÿ™

Yes leave me an email address and i will send my contact details. It will be great to meet you. Then as i get to know you I will know the faces already.

Weigh in was good. I lost 0.7kg this week which is not bad. Ive lost 2.1 in the last 2 weeks since being a 5:2 convert.

Why i schedule an 8am meeting on my day off is beyond me but i was awake pretty early anyway and have done a load of washing which i will now hang out before i bolt to pyrmont. I had a nice bowl of porridge minus the sugar but with 10g of dried cranberries for taste. Its quite a nice brekkie and sticks to my ribs as my grandmother used to say.

I worked out that the quiche i made even with the modifications is 417cals for one 6th of the quiche. A lot less than the nutritional info on the original recipe and within my food budget. Gee i sound like the accountant i am!

Have a great day everyone and good luck with the scales.

Anne

UP, don’t despair….I’m still trying to get back to my pre-Christmas weight and keep undoing any progress I make. I had a few good weeks and then my back went, so fasting is out the window again. I’d say I’m the same weight as you so we can soldier on together. I’m sure you will be able to make sensible choices when you’re away. YOU CAN DO THIS!
    AA, you are super organised and a real Dynamo! Try and enjoy the rest of your day off, you deserve a break ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I’M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN’T HIDE IT ,WTF IS HAPPENING AND I THINK I LIKE IT!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.

ANNIE- UP HAS POSTED THE EMAIL ADDRESS LEAVE YOUR CONTACT AND UP WILL LET ME KNOW.

UP THANKS AGAIN WILL HEAR FROM YOU WITH ANNIE’S CONTACT NO’S

Team will let you know if a deposit is needed for the cruise….Don’t worry….THE MISTRESS OF TOURISM AND THE TRESURE HAVE GOT IT UNDER CONTROL๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ‘ฑ.THANK YOU FOR OFFERING THOUGH.

Don’t despair team our weight will be A OK…We know good things are happrning on the inside. Our bodies need a challenge to move these plateaus some of us are experiencing, Try some resistance training …..walking up few hills ,if your able or some dumb bells or do the passive aqua aerobics that CG AND PH ARE HAVING SUCCESS WITH.
    My weight today is….72.5kgs
    All the best………you can do it……GO GALXXXXX

GG, woohoo, you have broken your plateau, WELL DONE โ˜บ๏ธ Good old AUSSIE DETERMINATION xx
    Up,you are doing incredibly well, your weight sounds perfect to me, my weight this morning iis up again due to not fasting yesterday, so this morning, 72.2k but that’s expected when not fasting and the zig zag is normal, just wish the zag happened more often than the zig!
    Gotta run, have a fabulous day, we are all getting so excited and thanks to our Treasur and mistress of tourism ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

GG, I’m singing and dancing across the world with you!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ Great result on your weigh in too!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

Hi team. Firstly Up – rembember that number is only of any significance if you believe in the devil! Believe me, I’d be very happy to be on that now. I think I need to find an exorcist to get rid of the demon in my scales. I’m still stuck on 70. Girth measurements down by a smidgen. Anyhow I will keep on keeping on. My FD was easy yesterday and drank litres of water. Gypsy I followed your advice and had 3 glasses of H20 plus two coffees before brekkie. Good results. Talking fluids. I’m intrigued by this discussion on taking booze to the. WTF reunion. Has Sydney suddenly become a ” dry ” city? It certainly hasn’t been the case on my frequent visits. SJ thanks for tip on travel stuff. Would you believe it but I found just such a zip lock bag clearly labelled OS adapters etc. from our last holiday. My new iPad now has a different charger from previous one. It does not fit my older iPhone and iPod. Such a pest.
    We are having some gentle rain here. I lay in bed last night and heard it pattering on the roof. It’s such a lovely sound when one relies on tank water.
    I’m pleased to see Lotus mentioned. Glad she’s still around.
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐ŸŒง๐Ÿ’งโ˜”๏ธ

Doggie I’m with you I’m still stuck on 69.5 roughly the same as last week. I go up to 70ish in between FD’s & then back to the same number. My best weight was 69.3 way back on 10th November. So no movement at the station at all. But great to see so many others reporting losses…that’s fabulous and motivating! Just have to get on that train somehow!!
    I have however lost another 1cm off my bust AND more importantly 1cm off my waist that seems to be the hardest to shift. IF I can lost 8 more of those! from my waist I’ll be down to what’s recommended for women and might actually have a waist again!!

Heading off to our nearest town today so a short post & will do replies later. Our beautiful birds that come in daily to feed (galahs 28 parrots (or port lincoln parrots) blue wrens & bronzewing pigeons) need birdseed & it’s way too expensive in our town. Plus a few other bits & pieces). Down to one week of work left now!! Training the new lady this week & next. She has a 2 1/2 yo son she’s going to bring to work – totally not sure that’s going to work with buses & mountains of kids. Queried the boss today but he says in his usual country super casual way Oh she’ll be right. It’ll work out. That’s what I was afraid he would say! Never mind not my business any more. Byee folks off to the big smoke…well no really off to the in-between smoke!! if you get my drift HA that’s a double pun ๐Ÿ™‚ suejen XXXX

Hi team, just back from shopping and a wonderful massage, wasn’t quite as “ouch” as expected, but really felt her, she seems to know where I need most of the attention, and boy, does she get stuck into it๐Ÿ˜ฉ But the relief is fantastic. Sj, speaking of bust measurements, I was gardening yesterday morning, putting some seedlings in, bending forward felt something “move” quite uncomfortably ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š I’d actually fallen out of my bra. When I came back inside I checked the actual fit, and really, could have put both in one cup. Today bought four new pair and gone from 40DD to 18 B, first time I have been a B since school days! 16 fitted but being broard in the back opted for 18 instead……so that’s the bum and boobs gone, just hoping it’s the loose belly flab next ๐Ÿ™„ Talk about never knowing what to expect next……have a great day………discovering team ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

CG, GG, PH, youโ€™re all disappearing! How wonderful โ€“ and btw I rather like being flat-chested now that everything is headed south. And SJ you are a child of the 60s again now, girl, enjoy it. Hmm I know Sydney is the big smoke but the rest of what you said is lost on me. Congrats to you too Annie โ€“ yes, why indeed, an 8 a.m. day-off meeting, thereโ€™s an oxymoron for you.
    Aw Dawg sorry to hear the demon has taken up residence in your scales โ€“ I havenโ€™t gotten on my lately so I think he got bored and left for Australia.

Whew this has been a rough week foodwise. Class today was a nightmare, students were sick, the internet was out (I was giving an online research test) and the anxiety level everywhere was about +10,000. And every single day this week, I have gotten a surprise โ€˜thingโ€™ from someone that is delicious and just for me. Which is nice of course, but… and would you believe, today I got a package of goodies in the mail from an old friend – out of the blue. I tried really hard each time to say โ€œyou can have that tomorrowโ€ but all my head heard was โ€œyou can have thatโ€ฆโ€ – unfortunately this latest box was huge so I CAN have it tomorrow but I had it tonight as well!
    So PH, not eating enough on nFDs? I can help you out with that lol. Up, hah, the devilโ€™s numberโ€ฆheโ€™s a mean one isnโ€™t he. Iโ€™m still gunning for my pre-thanksgiving PB but still not there, so Iโ€™m on the same page with you and Fit. But have to say, if not for 5:2 Iโ€™d be way up there so at least the weekly effort to maintain has minimized the damage. Fit so happy to hear OH is pampering you โ€“ now donโ€™t go trying to pamper him back ๐Ÿ™‚ you rest up and keep listening to Adele!
    GG love the image of you and Oscar enjoying the sunrise โ€“ soon Iโ€™ll have my iPad and can properly do those emojis. For nowโ€ฆwhat Fit said. This is such a lively group getting ready for the WTF โ€“ Iโ€™m really enjoying hearing about it and sensing the excitement. What fun! xxx

Hi all, had a lovely day and just having my usual lie down before dinner.
    Doggy. The booze mentioned is being brewed by Gyps specially for the team at the reunion. Something. Era special. I am sure there will be more purchased from the regular outlets as well. Great you found the adapters and that your are getting some gentle rain. The best kind ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง
    CG . Wow what a reduction. I have not lost even an inch from my boobs since I have started measuring with 5.2. , was not measuring for prior weight loss but have not had to change bra just yet but on the last hooks… should measure around the body and not the whole thing I guess.

GG or madam treasure and Lotus. Thanks so much for the organisation. Once that starts then the excitement really kicks in ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿน๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰. And breaking through your plateau…wahooooo๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’
    UP. What a lucky one you are with all of your flitting around. Enjoy every minute and 3kgs in all that time is amazing. You will soon have that off. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Jade..you sure have had a rough week. Bet your glad it’s Friday! ๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿพ. Sounds like you deserved to get stuck into the unexpected gift from a friend. And as to the not eating enough on my NFD, it is when you get used to the fasting day to try and eat up to my TDEE which is 2000. But do try to get to 1500. Amazing what you can eat with that especially now I don’t have any bad food in the house. Have to end up having a couple of glasses of whiskey!! Sigh!!

SJ. Only a week to go! Then you join the ranks of the fully retired. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’It will be a challenge for the lady replacing you but as you say….not your problem.

Annie. It seems like longer than two weeks since you joined us. Well done with the great loss. 2kgs in two weeks at this stage of your loss is exceptional. You are certainly committed and am just in awe of you. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
    FIT. Enjoy your pampering…you deserve every minute!! Stay strong with your commitment to resting. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’œ
    Dinner ready, have a great night/day everyone. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Aargh. I’m still within my calories but can’t believe my dinner was 3 utopia mini ice creams from Aldi. Was not hungry so was going to skip dinner but thought I’d have an ice cream to cool me down. So had 3 instead at 139 calories each. Just when u think u have conquered sugar it bites u in the bum!

Anne

Hi all!
    Dawg, so glad for you that Gypsy’s advice worked to give you relief and I bet you feel much lighter now too!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€ Enjoy the gentle rain too, we’re experts at that here in Ireland, we call that ‘a soft day’, usually followed by ‘thank God’, because it can be so much worse!โ˜”๏ธ๐Ÿ’จ๐ŸŒง
    Jade, I’m sure you’re glad it’s Friday after the week you’ve had. It’s especially hard when people are so kind as to give you edible treats all the time……however, it does say a lot about the esteem they hold you in, you’ll just have to stop being such a nice person! My OH brought me a bar of chocolate yesterday to cheer me up, so of course I couldn’t refuse and boy, did I enjoy it! However, the devil in my scales was even happier this morning, damn! ๐Ÿ˜ค
    SJ, that’s great news about the cm losses, woohoo! Every one cm is another step closer to a fab hourglass figure, so go you!๐Ÿ˜€ You’re very kind to go to all that trouble for the birds in your garden, but the payoff is wonderful. Enjoy watching them feast when you get back.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ As for your replacement, I know what it feels like to see standards slipping but it’s not your concern now, you have done your bit by mentioning it to your boss…..so let go and don’t look back! Welcome to retirement, enjoy your well-deserved time to yourself now! ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿน๐ŸŠ๐ŸŽน๐Ÿš…โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ–โ›ฐ
    PH, I’m sure things are moving in the right direction for you, so get measuring and enjoy the results! You are doing so well and you are so consistent, well done! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ
    AA, don’t beat yourself up…..at least you stayed within your calories and maybe the sugar beast will leave you alone now! Keep on truckin’ !
    CG, so glad to hear that your massage had more pleasure than pain to it and I’m sure you felt like you were walking on air afterwards. Great news on the new bra size too, amazing! It’s great encouragement for us all to see such proof that changes are happening to body shape and dimensions even when the scales have been taken over by the devil! I hope you have a lovely weekend planned and that all is well with your furry friends ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ

Hi Fit, I hope you slept well and peacefully. Chocolate and treats seem to be ruling our day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ yumm, just enjoy xxxx
    ..sj, you do tend to feel sorry for your replacement, knowing the boss she will have, but in her own way she will be seeing the good in the job as you did and hopefully enjoy it. Retirement is a whole new life style and you may find you are busier than ever too, so look forward, not back, it’s the beginning of a new chapter for you โ˜บ๏ธXx
    Annie I think we all do that, just eat the junk, then count the cals telling ourselves we are still safe ๐Ÿ˜ Just enjoy it for what it is without question, if you enjoyed it, it was worth it ๐Ÿ˜€
    Jade you must be so glad Friday night has arrived or is close after such a hectic week. It’ll soon be time to put the feet up and enjoy the peace of doing your own thing ๐Ÿ˜‰
    PH good to see things are getting back to normal for you and you enjoyed your day.
    Time for bed for me, nighty nite team ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’xxxxx

Hi JADE… I live in one of Australia’s paradises. My back yard is a waterfront on Wallis lake that is one of Australia ‘s prime oyster areas. Its 1.45AM EST. My OH is snoring so loud that the fish jumping out of the water at this time …..that’s how loud he is….only due to the fact our neighbors hot him pissed early in the night.

Tomorrow…. or should I say today will be another day….if and when I do go to sleep I am sure that the 72.5 I was yesterday will be 74kgs…. had the most awesome dinner…..no desert. .. but the๐Ÿธthat were made where HEAVEN IN A GLASS. 2 TO MANY.
    Catch you soon…..GO GAL XXXX

Thanks CG, had the best pain free night in a while…..thanks to painkillers of course. Not feeling great this afternoon after usual chores for my sister and having to bring her to the GP because she’s complaining of constipation. Never ending cycle of issues with her, so tiring and depressing…..she’s had all these complaints investigated before with no answers or results, very frustrating.
    GG, sounds like you and OH had a wonderful evening, good on ya! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ‘

Just heard that another of my sister’s carers has collapsed and is on her way to hospital! Not sure what is wrong, perhaps a minor stroke. This means no one can be got to cover for her because it’s now past office hours and the home help office is closed for the weekend……it’s just unbelievable! This is the third carer who has suffered health problems in the last two months and the pressure just keeps on mounting to provide care for my sister. Normally, one of the ladies would cover for the other, but now they’re all out of action. Can’t believe it!

Morning /evening team, oh Fit, that’s awful. When I have worked for agencies here, we would often cover for other agencies who had staff shortages, they all scratched each others back, as long as all clients were covered. Surely there is an after hours emergency number you can call? Even if it means bringing carers in from other areas, they should be able to help you. It would be all the same if your sister didn’t have family, and couldn’t care for herself…….I’d be looking into other care programs or agencies, it’s just not fair on you. I know you said Aged/disability care doesn’t seem a priority over there so maybe try your council to see if they have a service, most do, and try introducing them as well, especially in times like this at least you could fall back on them. There really needs to be a back up system put in place ๐Ÿ’•Xxx
    Very early here, beautiful morning, know what you mean with the scales GG, mine do the same, all’s good after fasting, then back up when eating normally ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ as long as the average keeps dropping a bit I’m sure we will be fine ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I’m going out for lunch today with the “girls”, colleagues I used to work with, we catch up quite often, one is retiring so it’s her send off, we are going to a beautiful Chineese resturant locally, but never know what cals are involved, but don’t really care ๐Ÿ˜Š 5:2 IS only part of our lives, not all of it…..and life is for living……have a fabulous day team, enjoy ๐Ÿ˜ŒXxxxxxx

FIT. What rotten luck you seem to be having. CG’s advice is spot on as usual. This also may be the time to seek a respite placement for your sister. Do you have that over there? Do you have it in place? When my brother and I were still looking after my mum at home with the help of carers we used to organise respite care in one of the aged care homes. It was a short term placement designed to give the regular carers a break when needed. You certainly need some help. We also found that it paved the way for mum to accept the fact that she could not stay in her own home forever. When she got there she actually found she liked it. Being around people her own age. I know that it is not the same for your sister with her dementia but you and your other sister obviously need help…especially now with you sore neck. Sending you love and hugs ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’. Please look after yourself as well.

Hi there CG and PH…..unbelievably there is no out of hours emergency service for this kind of service which is the Public Health Service. There is no council service system here. Respite has to be applied for weeks in advance and even today when we had her at the GP’s, we mentioned going into a home and she went ballistic. We have approached a private agency but they can’t start until the 23rd of this month. Life is just a barrel of laughs at the moment ๐Ÿ™

The private agency could be the go, try phoning Monday to ask for an immediate start? Explain the situation, they might come to the party for you….l hope…..you poor girl, and it’s not helping your sisters confusion either……hang in there Fit, it can only get better ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

CG, great news about the bra!

Fit, hang in there. Thinking of you!

Hello everyone. Fit wiht a run of rotten luck you are having. It must feel as though you’ve been hexed. I do hope that you are able to get the problem wiht th caters sorted out ASAP. You should be able to concentrate on getting yourself back to good health and let others deal with your sister. Easier said than done of course.
    PH thanks for explanation re the special brew booze. It sounds intriguing. It’s just as well that none will be driving!
    Isn’t it interesting how the body responds to weight loss? I know I read somewhere that once it detects “starvation mode” some other hormone is produced to combat it. I think I’ve mentioned previously that when I first started the 5:2 I lost about a kilo a week. This slowed down to a kilo a month. I manged to lose 10 kilos in ten months. Then had various health issues and gained another two. In the past six months I’ve been stuck on this 70 plateau. I know that I could increase this loss if I went on the Atkins diet. ie very low carbohydrate diet. This is hard yakka and no alcohol. I have done it in the past with good results but it is just not sustainable. After a while one feels resentful and invariably just give up. This is one of the reasons why the 5:2 is so successful is because it is not so restrictive. Anynow that’s my take on it.

Morning 5:2ers or ADers how are we all? My day shopping was even more successful than I planned. I found 2 tops that were on $25 or $39 specials. One is very strappy & a year ago I would not have dreamed of wearing it but now feel quite comfortable in it. Then I asked her about their jeans thinking I’d have to go elsewhere to get them as they just had normal Levis (never had a pair before). But I fitted into the size 14’s of medium skinny jeans ie not the super tight ones of NORMAL jeans ie not elastic waist, or from Noni B or someone who makes jeans for larger ladies or anything. I was super happy and surprised. OH didn’t understand what was such a big deal about it. But I have always found it hard to get jeans to fit me so to be able to walk in….try on ONE pair….and be happy with them……. A SUPER DEAL TO ME!!! So of course wearing the jeans & one of the new tops today.
    CG super news re the bras. Boy you sure did hold out until the very end didn’t you!! I haven’t needed to buy new ones yet but I keep adjusting the straps tighter (which raises the boobs a little higher!) & have moved the hooks across. All good to see especially when the scales are playing silly buggers.
    Fit hope that something comes through for you perhaps a solution that noone has thought of as yet? You so need it ๐Ÿ™‚

Well better get into my day. Just had a lovely Skype call with the US & all the kids so it’s now 11.30 & still haven’t achieved much. But I did get up early & have already been for a walk while OH was sleeping. Have a great weekend all suejen XXXX

PS Barb and Bert where are you? Who else is missing?? Love to hear from you all. But of course weekends are always quieter.

Hi team, just back from a great lunch, ate too much, but all stirfries as the Cheneese do so telling myself it was healthy either way, I enjoyed it and the company and of course a couple of bourbons ๐Ÿ˜‰ Their first question was, have you lost more weight, you are so skinny ๐Ÿ˜Š So that DID make my day, so proof, even if the scales don’t come to the party, everything else is falling into place….so to speak……(and almost down around the ankles, but they don’t reach now๐Ÿ˜ฑ)
    Oh the bra thing sj, I didn’t drop that quick, that was from start to now, last lot were 18C these are now B’s, really should have gone for 16’s but happier with having a broard back and the loose skin still would hang over especially under the arms and that looks awful ๐Ÿ˜  so shortening the straps help too……
    Great news on the new outfit, make sure you pack that to bring ๐Ÿ˜„ It’s a lovely feeling isn’t it…..hope you are all enjoying your Saturday, time for my Nanny nap I think, gotta full belly and very hot outside too….so perfect for napping …….๐Ÿ’โ˜บ๏ธXxxx

Oh dear Fit. Does not sound great. Have you and your sister thought of booking some respite sessions In for your planned holidays etc just to get her used to the fact that sometimes there is no other option? just a thought. Although by the sound of it she might not like the idea much.๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซSounds like the private option is the only way to go at the moment. Will she come and stay with you instead of you going to her all of the time? As I said before. Please look after yourself as well. If you fall in a heap you are all buggared. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’œ
    SueJen. How super to feel comfortable in a strapy number๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ and normal jeans. Well done you!!

Hi all!
    A good night’s sleep has put me in a better frame of mind. Life is what it is and so, I just have to suck it up and get on with it. No point in moaning. We’ll muddle through the weekend and have a better idea where we stand on Monday. There are lots of people who are far worse off. Thank you all for listening to my whinges and for not pointing that out to me!
    UP, I was 66.6 on Friday too and have gone up again today so, pain or not, it’s back to fasting on Monday.
    Dawg, we’ve all slowed down, stalled and yo-yoed on this journey but there’s usually an explanation. Personally, I don’t think those restrictive diets work at all, they are too harsh and impossible to maintain. Also, they don’t provide you with a lasting strategy for when you come off them. We know this wol works, it is possible to do it long term and it is proven to be good for our health in lots of other ways too. So let’s get back to our 5:2basics. WE CAN DO THIS. BRING IT ON!
    SJ, woohoo for you with your strappy top and Levi jeans…..you’ll be the belle of the ball at the WTF! What a brilliant feeling, I’m so thrilled for you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘–
    PH, yes I think we will put my sister’s name down for respite just to have that option for the future. It might work if we tell her it’s an emergency and just for one week. Then, we can see how she takes to it. The major problem is she doesn’t realise how bad she is or how much everyone is doing for her, so she’ll just say she can look after herself! Anyway, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
    CG, I’m sure your Chinese stir fry was very healthy and how lovely to get all those compliments too! Hope you had a restful nanny nap and are raring to go again ๐Ÿ˜€โค๏ธ
    Hope everyone else is having a great weekend and finding ways to have some ‘me’ time xx

Hi All! just got the cruise dinner confirmation from Lotus. Whacko! A Carnival boat on Sydney Harbour, Complete with Brazilian dancing, entertainers, champagne cocktails and dinner! Wow! I’ll have to take you all to the reef in a yeller submarine to top that, when you come north next year! Well done GG and Lotus! And we are nine!

Welcome Annie! Congrats on finding 5:2, your loss so far and positive input to the thread. You too, Ian. most entertained by your scallywag life philosophy. We must have lunch sometime, carrot sticks, of course. Why not bring your lovely wife on a dinner cruise and come join us? I’m seeing you shake quite a leg on the dance floor!

CG. I have been reading up on what I missed. and you’ve dumped another 5 kilos! ah, well done, love, well done!

You too, PH! Really proud of you both.

And GG is on the down trend, too. Good girl.

I may have to get of my butt and weed that garden! May be time to stop accepting that my 85/86 seesaw is a permanent ledge instead of a bustable plateau. Have been on that yoyo for six months. .Just glad it’s maintaining with my two day fasts(often less) but I haven’t been on here lately for motivation, so that is half the battle of the bulge. I reckon. I sent off the first draft of the project so it’s break time. I’m back. Fasting today because I blew Thursday and Friday attempts. But nailed it to day. 300 cals and no booze! My hand is shaking! I see visions of wine! The whole Sydney Harbour is Sav Blanc! Three days on the dry!….they’re just dreams…..chicken fat and … slurp….more white sauce…. drool…. on an already buttered POTATO! OH, NO!….Fear not. I will make it. Get to bed, Zelda!

Training for the airport hike starts tomorrow! Nite all, gyps

Great to see you in such good form, Gyps! Yes, I’m imagining you all doing the samba on the cruise with headgear like Carmen Miranda…..which, of course, you can eat later! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘ฏSo happy that you’ve sent off the first draft of your opus magnum…I’m sure it will be very well received ๐Ÿ˜ƒ So get your butt out into that garden and get yourself fit for the carousing on the WTF tour! ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ

Fit, really sorry to read of your ongoing pain in the neck! I won’t muddy your chaos with any further guesses re cause and cure of your injury. Let’s hope the scan clarifies some course of action, rule of thumb, don’t do what hurts and only do what you can till it does.

Ha! Sez Fit! of course that doesn’t solve your problem re caring for your sister. My own Mother was a holy terror to care for in her last years and I do feel your desperation.

PH covered most of the avenues I would have thought of, but there is one more home care option I could mention. I know of many travelling nurses who have done the continent and British isles by accepting bed and board in return for ‘companion’ status, onto actual homecare on a roster system with family members. They get to see the country, experience the culture, on a shoe string (usually in-between contracts or study goals) and the family get qualified help.

You could try Googling ‘international nursing agencies’ they have an online bulletin board of nurses seeking accommodation (or used to) worth a try. Might even be a quick fix if someone is wanting to see Ireland. At least they come with professional references. But there are also backpacking students. or gap year. Even domestic ones, Student nurses are also working whatever jobs they can get to support themselves through the course. Dementia care is valuable to their training portfolio.

Guess that idea would depend on your sister’s living circumstances and her willingness to have a boarder. Other than that, you have some hard choices to make, my friend. You’ll get through this crisis, someone will step up in the family to help, but it’s likely to get more onerous as your sister’s condition worsens.

And it’s not much different in country areas of Oz when it comes to home care in a hurry. Agencies have their funding criteria and mountains of paper work, etc. It doesn’t move to the need of patients and whoever puts their hand up in the family cops the overload. But if they walk away, and many do, the state does DO something. Even if it is emergency hospital admission (which is usually the psyche ward, with assessment and transfer onto a closed dementia facility).

A great pity the system can’t come to the party in a more timely manner. Family stress over dementia care is a hell of a thing. And you are over a barrel due to familiarity and emotional blackmail. The patient rarely has insight into the difficulties they cause others and their emotional state is self centred, a return to childish dependency and expectation. Some times it becomes necessary to treat it as such. One can no more trust the judgement of a dementia patient than a child when it comes to safety issues of living alone. Especially if they are still trying to cook or have freedom of a kitchen. I’ve no Idea where your sister is at, but it is unlikely she will suggest or agree to going into care when she has a loving, willing band of slaves at her command. Even dear, gentle sweethearts can be tyrants in that respect. So sooner or later, expect to have to make hard decisions for her ongoing care. The alternative is to give up your own quality of life. Or get a better home care service. ta da! it’s a vicious circle.

Long speech, sounds harsh and interfering, plus I’m pretty sure I’m spruiking to the initiated. So you know all that already. It’s just a matter of putting it off til ‘later’. Pandering and spoiling. Anything for a peaceful Life! and you feel sooo guilty for resenting it. Meanwhile, your personal relationship with your sister, her so needed love and emotional support, will deteriorate. You cannot give her your life and not resent it.

Give her what you can without losing your ability to love her. Let people who need the wages and have the support system do the rest. Quality visits and outings from a care facility are better for both of you than what you are facing now. And that’s the truth. Been there and still have the effing T shirt! My love and support to you. Take care. I’ll save a bottle of my best likker for when you come out to Oz. Nite,Fit. Or is it morning for you? I’m not up to CG’s grasp on the spinning world. Sorry for the fasting rave. Hope I haven’t overstepped the mark. But I see you, Macushla, don’t cry. Your rainbow will come out tomorrow. Feel the Universe, I see love all around you. Accept it and rest easy. xxx gyps

PS. Do not discount that keeping a ‘stiff upper lip’ (Oh stubborn one) if not being stiff necked regarding the ‘right’ thing, even if it kills you, can have it’s physical manifestation. What was furrowing your brow when you ‘jinked’ that neck in your dreams? Try…. cough, cough, some relaxation Erbs and keep your spirits up. xx Z

Oh Gyps, I could never take offence at anything said by such a wise head and caring heart xx. You have hit the nail on the head in all respects and my sister and I, who do most of the care, have reached the same conclusion. Either the care manager takes over from us or my sister has to go into a home. We have done all we can and now it’s time for us to reclaim our lives. We want to be like everyone else in the family i.e. we take our turn visiting or taking our sister out for lunch or coffee, no more and no less. It’s 1.30pm here, by the way! Sleep well ๐Ÿ˜ด

Hi all, trying to catch up with this fast group. Oh dear Fit, if compassion vibes will do any good, there are many headed in your direction. I know what you mean about the cycle of complaints โ€“ whether from anxiety or mental illness, there is no โ€œcureโ€ but also no respite for anyone. I am so sorry that your sisโ€™s illness causes her resistance to the idea of a home. Their imaginations are often worse than the actual thing, but there’s a conundrum for you. Glad to see your humor peek out โ€“ lol dancing with edible headgear, sounds perfect.
    Hoo PH, good for you adding a drop of whiskey to reach tdee โ€“ you are my kind of accountant. Itโ€™s like being a kid again and having an allowance isnโ€™t it. GG maybe you need a little liquid relaxation (or EARPLUGS) to get your sleep. I use one earplug w/other ear pressed to the pillow, my OH talks in his sleep! And I can just picture the view from your backyard (literally โ€“ just googled wallis lake sunset, wow!!).
    Dawg I also found low-carb would definitely move the scales, but oh how boring. And rushing to the loo 10x more. Iโ€™ll settle for a bit of water retention. Iโ€™ve heard one gets used to the ketosis feeling, but I donโ€™t want to live the ascetic life. And as Fit pointed out, the weight loss doesnโ€™t last. It canโ€™t – normal eating involves some water retention.
    Speaking of which CG your description of your Chinese dinner made me hungry โ€“ I love everything on the menu, luckily there are healthful choices BUT as you like to say (and I like to hear) we can be flexible and enjoy whatever we like! Hope you did. DON’T GET ON THE SCALES until your 100th trip to the loo today.
    Oh Gyps, now I have a mental image of you careening thru the airport in a wheelchair with a sidecar sporting a Carmen Miranda get up, two-fisting some gigantic cocktails. The perfect pin-up girl for this group. Darn WHERE is that iPad, I desperately need emojis here. But on a serious note, your advice to Fit is wise, good for us all in fact. Life hands us these things and there we are, blazing a trail we never saw before. God love you all for the sharing and kindness here.
    Back to fun…SJ what a wonderful shopping experience! Congrats on the new tops and the JEANS. There is nothing like jeans that fit just so, to me itโ€™s like Cinderalla with the glass slipper. I believe I even hear music playing when it happens ๐Ÿ™‚
    Keep the WTF excitement going girls – Iโ€™m living vicariously while on nurse duty this weekend for OH and D with the flu (I had the shot thank heavens). Both tend to get sicker at just the thought of being sick, so I am the โ€œit will be OKโ€ voice. Pups and I escaped to the bakery for a touch of wellness just now, ahhh. Finally managed a FD yesterday after 4 misfires, thanks to being so darn busy transitioning from evil teacher to kind caregiver. It was hard, there was some medicinal intervention necessary but still under 500 :0 xxx jade xxxxxx

Hi there Jade, so you’re doing your Florence Nightingale routine for OH and D……hope they return the compliment if necessary.๐Ÿ‘ท I think teachers are made of Teflon, no bugs stick to us…..they wouldn’t dare! With regard to my sister, I’m glad we’ve reached crisis point this weekend because now I’m crystal clear in my mind that the time has come for a drastic change. And for the first time, I no longer feel guilty that this is my view, so now there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. A good sense of humour runs in the family which also helps!๐Ÿ˜„ A bakery? What a great place to pick to escape to, was it chosen by you or the pups?๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿช

Oh trust me, Fit, the pups and I share an equal passion for our local bakery. Fortunately his forte is bread (wonderful whole-grain), with just a smattering of pastries. OH likes the apple fritters ๐Ÿ™‚ and no, he is not exactly complimentary today – in fact, rather cranky. He could get a fritter in the kisser if he keeps it up. What would Florence N say to that, I wonder! but I wisely re-situated myself in a different room to grade papers while he ponders what a saint I am to be-fritter him with everything else I have going on. I’ll let you all know when he comes to that realization ๐Ÿ™‚

So glad Fit that you’ve reached a point past the guilt. A drastic change is vital for your sanity and no doubt best for her as well. I know that guilty feeling, surely I can solve the problem if I work hard enough. Until I see that I can’t. It’s painful, being stuck in that tunnel. Hooray for the light.

Darn it I missed the iPad’s delivery and now all I have is a receipt that must wait until Monday when the PO reopens. I want my emojis ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ha, what a whiner – xxx

Busy. busy, busy
    Rostered to work yesterday morning, housefull of 16 year olds on return home, then taxi service duties.

My wieght and measurements are going down – I have fit into clothes that were too tight 1 months ago. Since Jan 5th I have shed 5.1kg and am feeling better for it.

It sounds like you are all going on the same cruise I did in sydney last year – Brazilian dancers and all. I was at a conference and went with a work colleague to see the festival of lights. Make sure you all get up and dance!

FTT – I work in dementia care and feel for you. Most people are resistant to the move into a facility, but you have to think of yourself as well. One resident in particluar often says “Thankyou for looking after me, if you didnt I would have to go into one of those places!” Totally oblivious to the fact that they are in locked high care dementia ward.

I have to go and take my son to his job, walk the dogs and do a spot of paddle boarding.

Ha, ha, Jade….. I reckon Flo would have situated her famous lamp in your OH’s kisser! ๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ˜„ Let’s hope he comes to his senses soon! All those baked goods sound so yummy! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Looking forward to all the emojis when you get going!๐Ÿ˜†
    SH, great results so far, keep up the good work! Thanks for your kind words. Yes, the mind works in mysterious ways…my poor mum used to call us ‘nurse’, even though we cared for her at home in her own bed right till the end and my dear dad used to try and get out of the bed to go ‘home’ to Dublin even though he only lived there for about two years when he first got married. We also cared for him at home and he passed away surrounded by all his family in his own bed. I think my sister would very quickly get used to living in a home and it would make no difference to her quality of life.

Good morning/evening team. Fit what brilliant advise from our matron (Gyps) it’s an excellant idea having a student nurse living with your sister, if she’d comply ๐Ÿ˜Š But was surprised to see you have no case manager, that my dear friend is one big major problem. All the troubles you have this week end would be in “her” hands instead of yours. Time to pass the ball, put the problems onto a professionals shoulders, and become a “visitor” with your sister ๐Ÿ˜‰ And such great news you have made that resolve and come to grips with it all. You must be feeling so much love coming from The Land Downunder ๐Ÿ’•
    Jade you sound like you have knocked off work to go home and carry bricks. I expect that local bakery to become your private haven in the next few days๐Ÿ˜‹ And of course walking the pups is keeping you out and away from the germ ladened house with two sickies. Even though you have had the flu shot, you can still get sick, so take care xxxxxxx
    SH you are doing incredibly well, it’s a credit to you, what do you weigh and do you have much more to lose? Keep up the great stamina xx
    Well, “we” all slept in, I read till after 11:00 then was woken with fairy licks from my boys at 9:10am, so really slept in and slept well ๐Ÿ˜Œ The night was cooler too so very comfortable, plus the few bourbons at lunch then a couple in the evening when reading is better than any form of sleeping tablet ๐Ÿ˜€ Today will be very relaxed, bit of ironing, roasting a chicken, just a lazy Sunday, and I hope you are all on the same page, as in, relaxing and enjoying your day ๐Ÿ˜Š We are so into countdown, the excitement is jumping off the page and I can definately see (imagine) our Gyps in the Carmen Miranda hat Fit ๐Ÿค” Now that’s a picture we WILL post.
    Wishing you all a perfect day team, and remember “A positive attitude will lead to a positive outcome” ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’žxxxxx

Mornin’ CG, I was wondering when you were going to wake up! Looks like you and the boys are having a real lazy Sunday. Happy Valentine’s day to you and all the Aders! Yes, I have felt the love from down under and across the ‘pond’ and so, I’m sending it back with interest xxxxxxxx๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’›โฃโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’Ÿ There is a manager for home help in our area which is run by the Health Service Executive but apparently she can’t be contacted outside office hours! I’ll find out more on Monday. My younger girl came home from the UK today until Tuesday. My older girl is going to join us for lunch tomorrow and we’re going to make plans to celebrate OH’s 60th birthday in March…..it will be lovely to have the four of us together again too ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ง

Oh Fit how lovely, some joy and excitement coming into your life ๐Ÿ˜„ Sorry for the late reply, we have been on a mouse hunt! Maggie brings them in every so often for the boys to play with, buggar her, and it looks like one got away, I can see where it’s been, the boys are on the scent, but can’t find it, so out with the big guns, vac at the ready, and furniture pulled out so a thorough cleaning to do now, totally unplanned, but boy, can I see what a lousey job my homecare does! They tend to go just up the middle! Anyway feeling flexible and very agile today, pretty much pain free, so it’s a good chance to get into it โ˜บ๏ธ Enjoy the time with your precious daughter, and she will love looking after her Mum I’m sure ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxxxxx

Morning All wow some mind boggling pictures floating on the posts today! Ha luvit!! I’m watching a danish series called The Protectors at the moment. Very good. Watched one episode then decided to watch a second without realising that they weren’t hour shows they were 1hr 45 mins! However once started I couldn’t stop!! So into bed about 12.30am…thank goodness I slept till 8.30!
    Have a lazy day ahead after church until this evening when OH & I are on the cinema roster. I think the film is Joy. Enjoy your day everyone. suejen XXXX

Morning all. Well, port is out, taking stock of the wardrobe is begun.

Bugga. The wardrobe won’t fit!…. perhaps if I put wheels onnit?…. Mmm, and I could stash the boddles in there, too…sigh…. but no, best be realistic…we DON’T need the fur. Such pain for a Libran to have multiple small decisions to make. And now I have to have a Miranda hat! Gad, the Gawdmuther is gunna love that! You lot dunno what you started. You better all get your Brazilian act together and dress the part, or she’ll get us locked up! Safety in numbers. Nobody loves to dance and dress to a theme more than Gailo. She’ll be arriving here shortly, for fish and chips on the beach and to begin the plan of action.

Savouring the build up is such a hoot. You have my full attention. Have begun the beguine! good fast yesterday and two hours strength and fitness this AM, with bursts of HI and only a small piece of fresh pawpaw straight from my tree so far. I will be having grilled fish without the chips and a dry white for lunch. will do another fast tomorrow, and the garden is minus a weed! Yess! and there are a million more to go! Lord, My halo is agleam!

Jade, You are a really bad influence, I’m happy to say! Thou shalt henceforth be known as THE NUTTY PROFESSOR. (take note Madam Secretary). Keep up the good work! Skinny jeans! Excellent! buy some purple ones, add a sexy peasant blouse and stick a bowl of fruit on your head and show us yore strut! don’t brazilians wear all those flouncy skirts? of is it slinky wrap arounds with high splits? Sparkles and COLOUR! oOO!YES! bling! (Oh, well a girl can dream) hope I can fit into a sugar bag by then.

And hello, Seahorse! Another nurse.Well done on your weight loss so far. good of you to shore up Fit’s hard decision.

And there go car doors. the Gawdmuther has arrived. see u all later, xx gyps

Hay Gyps, how’s Gawd going with 5:2 and what does she weigh? Fish ‘n chips on the beach souds wonderful, enjoy (oh and the white too….medicinal?) xxxxxxx

GYPS You are a girl after my own heart!I was thinking about dressing up and putting the thought to Luotus…..but thought it would be too much! Now you have me thinking.
    Enjoy your lunch and give my best to Gailo…..GO GAL๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ’

GG, you for one could really carry that off ๐Ÿ˜€ Looking forward to seeing it ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxx

CG SOME OF THE COSTUMES ARE A BIT REVEALING …….BUT I AM WORKING ON IT…….GO GAL.

Hi team. I’m late today as its been rather busy. Sue well done you with your strappy top and Levis. I used to love jeans. Now I only have some of those with the stretchy waist and fabric. Sigh perhaps I too might find a pair that fit in the not too distant future.
    OH and I decided to go to the local chippy on the foreshore for takeaway fish and chips. It was not the weather for it as the wind has been blowing like a banshee ( you know the kind that makes one irritable and grumpy). So grub was OK but more batter than fish. Then Pepper the pooch vomited in the car on the way home. Luckily he was lying on a old beach towel. So vomit to clean up. Towel to rise out and wash.
    I’ve not counted any calories today. I will do another fast tomorrow as I’ve the HB eggs etc prepared. That will probably be my last one for a while as I’ve a favourite nephew coming from Victoria for a few days. He need some TLC so fasting does not sound like the way to go.
    XXX Doggy.
    ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿก๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿพ

CG – I was 90kg on Jan 4th, and 84.9 this morning. Top of my BMI is 68kg, and when I manage to lose I usually sit around 66kg. I was 64kg 2 years ago, but a change of job and routine, on top of musculoskeletal problems caused my wieght to steadily creep up to the heaviest I have ever been. It really is about mindset – and my mind is back in the right place at the moment. What is really interesting is that I am losing the wieght without the intense excercise I have relied on in the past, and am still having a few treats on eating days (today will proabably take me back over the 85!).

Dogsabie- it is windy here too – had to decide wether to go against the wind or against the tide on the paddle board. Ended up spending more time sitting in the shallow water with the dog and watching fish play (not battered).

There were some good looking males in the brazilian dancers on that harbour cruise – I wonder if someone should warn them?

SH you are making this cruise sound even more interseting, love a bit of eye candy โ˜บ๏ธ I agree with the exercise bit, it’s really more about what we eat ( or don’) as well as how much..(portion) ……and of course the lighter we become, the easier it is to move. I’m doing the water aerobics and strength training (for over 50’s) although most are over 60’s but I’m doing it to strengthen my back since my surgery (post surgery I couldn’t straighten at all) and trying to get full movement back in my legs as the crushed nerves have left my legs quite weak. I still think walking is the best exercise of all for anyone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and it can be done anywhere, (even at work…..take the stairs) no gym clothes needed either! Your right about mind set too, positive thinking if the whole key to this way of life ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Which I keep pushing because as soon as any negative thoughts enter our mind, junk food is the first thing we tend to reach for ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ You are really grabbing this way of eating/life with both hands….good for you ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,551 through 11,600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.