Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,401 through 11,450 (of 14,786 total)

• I have been away helping my son shift into his new rented house. The rooms were left a mess and it took days for us to clean them. He could have waited for them to be cleaned but he already waited a month. I was quite surprised how well he had done. His pantry was neat and tidy and all of the kitchen plates, utensils etc as well. It took ages for me to get rid of the stickness from his whitegoods as they have had many shifts. I have the patience to do this which meant he could vaccum and mop the rest of the house. The first night he cooked hamburgers for tea (after mincing the meat beforehand) was not until afterwards that he remembered I had stopped eating cereals. It took us another day to sort out the garden to find somewhere to store his plants in pots where they would not blow over in the wind. He did a 4 year apprenticeship in horticulture and loves growing plants not the hard landscaping side. During the heat of the day we were able to go down the street and get the little bits and pieces that you don’t realise when starting out.

D & SIL got quite snitchy with me being in town and not letting them know so we had to go to tea and again sabatoge the diet. D doesn’t like my weight loss but as they are two hours away I just go with what they have and repair the weight increase when I get home. This means I have put on 2kgs for the week. (No diet or exercise for the week) Home now to the hotter weather but the inch and a half last week has freshened everything up which watering doesn’t do.

GL you have been busy, but very rewarding especially helping our children. Plus you get the benefit of knowing he is comfortable in his clean home πŸ˜€ You will be back in the swing of things once home, so just think of the precious time you had together. We did get a nice bit of rain through the week, but it will burn off shortly with the heat now having arrived, my granda flora magnolia has very burnt leaves, but, with luck will survive πŸ€” Take care πŸ˜‰Xxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. 84 years old male…with pacemaker… but healthy in all respects. I was overweight for many years following “retirement” and a good cook for a wife and a love of food as a “hobby”.
    I was hovering around 110 Kgs and slowly getting heavier. My 50/60 YO old weight was 90+ kgs and that meant I was working and burning the calories fine.
    After viewing myself sideways and in the shower from the top I saw the end picture was deteriorating predictably and I was beginning to get tired and slower going uphill.
    I saw Mosely one night and decided the concept of a regimented diet that still allowed me to enjoy the major part of the week enjoying my food while being strictly hard on myself for only two days all appealed to my personality and character of so-called self discipline.
    I can follow rules provided I am able to enjoy myself on other days!

SO… I began in February sometime…. Monday and Thursday fasting and other days at liberty to eat with pleasure. My wife goes to Yoga on Mondays and plays tennis Thursdays so it meant she actually got two days off cooking and two days of pleasant activity in return. I play serious games of Croquet on Wednesdays. I also have chores to do on our 6 acres during the week so I’m not too slack!
    I modified the starvation days to enable me to ONLY drink coffee (latte)and tea and water all day… That works for me.
    All other days I eat normally…. adequately and pleasurably as before. She’s a good cook!
    I have very slowly lost weight to now,(after 10 months plus)to be under 100Kgs and still slowly losing.
    I still feel hungry each fasting night and have added a “diet shake” as a night meal if I feel desperate on no-eat days.That works too…
    I can honestly estimate that in another 10/12 months I will be back to my 90 Kgs and I have had absolutely no indications of a single side effect except a happier wife, a view of things I hadn’t seen for years, and thoughts of my 100th birthday!
    I can recommend the diet so long as you are sure you are basically healthy and have a co-operative partner who likes a few days off cooking each week! But…you never lose that hunger on the no-eat days…you just are happy to deal with it…. diet shakes help on the hungry nights!
    Go for it!
    And I would enjoy posting to repliers.. πŸ™‚

Ian, hi and welcome. You are doing a fabulous job, as is your wife. Have you had the okay from your doctor to keep following 5:2? I don’t see why he wouldn’t be in full agreement with your wonderful results so far. My only suggestion on fast days would be have a bit of protein? Just a steamed chicken breast? It is filling and stops that hungry feeling when going to bed. Just water and latte’s at your age is a bit strictπŸ˜ƒ But hay, if it works for you, well keep going. You are more than welcome to join us and we will look forward to walking this incredible journey with you πŸ˜‰πŸ’xxxxx

Hi all!
    Delighted to welcome you, iannie…..sounds like an amazing and successful journey so far, thank you for sharing with us and looking forward to hearing more from you.
    SJ, I’ve my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you for visit to GKs! πŸ™βœŠπŸ˜‰πŸ™ƒ
    Jade, I think I’ll join you in boycotting the scales for at least a week…..would be very depressing at the moment.
    PH, so glad you had such a good time with your daughter and friends xx
    GL, great news about your son’s new home, best of luck to him.
    Bert, sounds like you really have green thumb….wonderful news on your shoots!
    CG, enjoy the rest of your time with your woolly pals, it is the downside of farming but you are practical and wise too. Love the description of your day in the garden….. I can almost see it, very beautiful.
    Have to run, sadly one of our neighbours died suddenly on Thursday, so I’m singing with the choir at the funeral this morning. Had another dreadful night last night so not feeling great today. Have to help with my sister again today because her home help can’t make it today…..never a dull moment!

Hi all. How time does fly. Just getting back to you all now. Have just read the previous posts .

SueJen I hope you have a nice visit tomorrow with all my heart..will be thinking of you πŸ’—πŸ’—.. went through your earlier post about the TDEE and BMI and finally understand how things work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸ·πŸŒ· My TDEE is 2022 and my BMI is 1470. So now I have something to aim for on my NFD to avoid my body going into starvation mode. If I eat just a little over 1470 then I should be right. Won’t be long and I will need to reduce my FD totals to under 500 cals . I will take a not of the link for future use when I have lost more weight. Great that you are now in the 69,s. Well done. Sending hugs (((πŸ’œ))).

Sorry I can’t answer everyone’s posts as I am getting weary so going to try the counting thing that Barb suggested to see if I can drop off to sleep. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi lovely Aussies – and a grand Saturday is here again. Life is a bit like 5:2 isn’t it – hard some days, lovely on others. Seahorse – oh my, I’m glad you don’t have that other MS! Lol, microwave entertaining, they sure tried didn’t they – but no thanks.
    Welcome Iannie – love that you included all the happy changes for your wife – what a nice thought. Agree the FDs do involve some hunger, but better on just 2 days. Wish I had such a treasure to cook for me the other 5!
    Bert, my fellow citizen, you are an impressive farmer! I’ve grown only herbs from seed, though looking forward to a starter garden this spring. As a novice, I’d better stick with buying the seedlings – I have enough of a challenge with the clay that masquerades as dirt in my back yard. I’ll be getting a good workout tilling and hauling in topsoil. YAY PH is back with her emojis – those look better than what I could grow from seed.
    Golly Fit you are busier than St. Anthony (and doing more good, I might add) – indeed, skip the scales until life calms down. As CG often says, there is a time and place for everything, and you have to be kind to yourself while you’re being so kind to others. Or wait, is that Ecclesiastes? Well, CG said it better πŸ™‚ Anyway, I hope your day ends on a brighter note – so sorry re your neighbor but you’re a love to go sing. Music is such a comfort.

SJ I am hope-hope-hoping things go well with the visit, and whatever happens it’s good to see you are feeling strong. CG’s advice again – look after yourself, you can’t control what others may do. xx

And CG to you a big hug for always finding the little golden bits in every tale told. Like Fit, I have a lovely image of you on your little farm, enjoying each day even if it brings a few problems. By the way, the thing that first drew me to this thread was your title – so uplifting and positive.

Whew I need to go find a tent and finish holding my revival! Some days feel like such a blessing though – time now to take the pups and run errands. Our old truck has a new battery so I can finally recycle the Christmas tree then it’s on to the bakery – happy weekend to everyone. πŸ™‚ xx

Jade, love the idea of the revival tent, ha, ha! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰ I can just see CG up at the pulpit leading the charge with SJ playing the organ while we all belt out a few AD anthems, written by Gypsy of course! Maybe a future reunion in the Bible Belt!?
    BTW, Gyps, where are you, you’ve been away long enough…..we miss you!
    Up, hope your holiday has been going well but looking forward to having you back too xx

Oh bugger! The lady who does two shifts for my sister every week has just fallen and dislocated her shoulder and will be out of action for about five weeks! I know it’s awful for her but it’s really going to put extra pressure on me and my other sister 😟 Life sure knows how to kick you when you’re down 😬

Good morning all,

Cheers to you. Sunday start my 13th week Monday. I’m good, well and I’ve
    noticed a difference. I’ll get to scales after I finish the ‘heavy lifting’ (OZ joke there) of moving house.

Good grief Fit, it is really raining in Ireland, isn’t it. WAY too many ninja moves going on. EEK her w/ a dislocated shoulder and you already on the injured reserve. Dialing St. Anthony to enlist Cosmo, who I believe was the patron st of caregivers. We’re here to comfort and cheer you on, and this too shall pass (there’s a summary of CG-isms for you).

Ah, my young friend who works at the local bakery is leaving to spend a year in South America teaching English – she’s such a sweet girl and I’ll miss her smile. It’s hard in a small town when anyone leaves, and she had become a regular part of my Sat morning. Sniff, sniff πŸ™ oh but what troubles to have right? A young person going off to do good things instead of become someone like that awful Shkreli man. Don’t know if you all caught that news, he’s the scoundrel in US who bought rights to mfr a drug then upped the price from a dollar or so to $750 per. Congress called him to testify, and he smirked the whole time while invoking his rights against self-incrimination and saying nothing. Ironically, his whole face is incriminating. Please Karma, give him your worst.

I suppose that wasn’t very kind of me! I’m not above a little righteous hope that bad guys get a dose of their medicine. Not sure how I got from Fit’s troubles to all that, I guess I just think the world’s a little unfair. Well, let’s all make the best of it, ladies – hugs xxx

Well, Jade, let’s hope that what goes around comes around for that scoundrel! I’m in total agreement with you on that one! I’m sure your young friend will do great good while she’s away and hopefully will come back to brighten up your Saturday mornings again πŸ˜€

🐺🐺🐺🐱🐱🐾
    Lol it’s emoji time and a full house here with little Rosie visiting again. Thought I would try out my old iPad and see if it works well enough to just fix the screen. I’m getting outbid on eBay and for prices I don’t want to pay when the description includes “scratches and dents” and it’s not clear where those scratches and dents are! I have one already with enough of that. Don’t mind the odd bump on the backside !! but can’t have the face bashed in like this one.
    Fit it’s odd that I have a friend here whose caregiver had an emergency and we had to cancel shopping plans today so she could care for her mum who’s quite bad with dementia, I sure do hang out with good people all over the world πŸŒπŸ˜‡ xx time to go πŸƒnow while the 🌞 is shining – soon it will be time for 🍷 cheers!

Enjoy it all, Jade…..from your posts I can tell you’re not such a bad sort yourself! That iPad doesn’t seem like such a bargain after all. Better luck next time. Raise a glass for me too……can’t indulge myself because of pain medsπŸ˜•

I will indeed raise a glass eastward and then southward – through Florida and hang a hard right past the equator all the way to Australia. That may take two glasses! Well, I’m just the gal for the job. Fit I hope those painkillers are working! take care and sweet dreams πŸ™‚ and good morning to all the other Aussies. xxx

Morning all. Had a great nights sleep..not sure if it was the counting or CG’s hot chocolate. But whatever it was it worked so had a full 12 hrs sleep with just one trip to you know where. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄

Welcome Lanier. You sure are an inspiration. Sounds like you and your wife enjoy a full and happy life and you will give getting to your 100th birthday a good shot. Impressed that you have taken to the 5.2 so well . πŸ‘πŸ‘

Welcome oz SHARON . Yes moving house is certainly “heavy lifting” good luck.

My I was just MIA for 24 hours and 2 newby’s and such a lot happening.

FIT. What a BUMMER. You must have killed at least 10 chinamen to be having such bad luck. You will be no good to anyone if you don’t look after yourself. I’m sure it won’t be the end of the world if the vacuuming does not get done. I guess if there are dogs involved with hairs that fall out it might be an issue though. Can you just get a cleaner in to your sisters place at least so that you just have to do light thinks for her and not the housework while you are nursing your shoulder? Got to be some other solution for you and your other carer sister. πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸ’

Jade . Love your sense of fairness. I too hope that bloke gets his just deserts for making so many people suffer. He is the lowest of the low. 😑😑😑 enjoy your 🍷🍷after all it is the weekend. I too love the idea of your revival tent. And can picture the idea mentioned by FIT ..gyps songs would certainly liven the place up.

Bert I too am impressed by your commitment to your plants. Just like Country Girl is committed to her animals. We will have to call you “Dirt Girl” after a great kids program that has taken the world by storm. Not sure if you know it. It was created by a couple just out of Grafton to teach children about growing vegies etc and about how all the little animals interact to make your garden healthy. She is a legend. πŸŒ»πŸŒπŸ›πŸžπŸœπŸ“πŸŒπŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ»πŸŽƒ mind you there are quite a few other Dirt Girls in the forum as well.

Hi to everyone I have missed and SJ. Hope your day is all you would want it to be. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Hi team, late post for me, got up for a twinkle through the night but could’t go back to sleep, so got my ipad and read till 4:00am, then next door’s dogs woke me ( they are a bloody nuisance) but we put up with neighbours don’t we? Another glorious morning here so planning to play out in my green houses today, long over due, how can being retired make me so time poor?
    Jade what a horrid person you spoke about, why people try to make profit on the less fortunate is beyond me, sure 50c maybe but that is rediculous.
    Fit, we have spoken via email, take care sweet one, I hope your relief starts to esculate πŸ’•
    Suejen, you have so many going with you today ( in thought anyway) and we will all be waiting for your report at days end. I hope it’s an enjoyable relaxed time for you and the kids,they must be so excited about seeing you both πŸ’ž
    Golly, I bet to get moving, no time for sitting, so shower power needed to wake me up and ease my aching bones, then off into it.
    Enjoy this lovely Sunday team, a traditional day of rest, so do what makes you happy, Cuddles πŸ’Xxxxxx

Sharon, welcome aboard, 13 weeks on your own, now that’s true AUSSIE DETERMINATION, you are more than welcome to become part of our team, support is very importand and helps you not drop the bundle every so often. Tell us a bit about yourself too. We love a chat and getting to know each other, no topic is off limit and you find with us YOU ARE NEVER ALONE, so we will walk this path of discovery with you making the journey so much more fun and doable πŸ˜€, and good luck with the move, fun and pain, but oh so worth it in the end πŸ’Xxxx

Jade, just saw the glint from your raised glassπŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
    PH, delighted to hear you had such a great night’s sleep, you will be able for anything today! Hope you have a lovely time whatever you get up to xx
    CG, sorry you had such a bad night ….barking dogs are a nuisance but I suppose it’s not worth falling out with neighbours if it’s not a constant problem. Enjoy another glorious day in your spectacular garden!
    Best of luck, SJ…..my thoughts and best wishes with you xxβ€οΈπŸ’•

Hi all and welcome iannie and Ozsharon. Apologies but I’ve had to skim read your posts as the day seems to be galloping by. Before using my new washing machine I decided I better read the instruction book. Good grief its on a par with War and Peace! I eventually lost patience and just looked for a setting that seemed to suit and pressed the start button. Why can’t they make these instruction books easy to read? Then there is no index. Grr. Anyhow it washed OK.
    We are about to go out for lunch to catch up with a couple of friends. We first met them when our kids were at the same school in Tassie decades ago. They moved to Darwin and we moved to Victoria. Now many years later we met up again having decided to retire to the same small town in Tassie.
    CG you are certainly keeping yourself busy on the farm. Fit I’m so sorry about your sisters carer. What rotten luck.
    FD agin tomorrow. They so seem to come by very quickly don’t they? I will do some HB eggs and have the usuall fish and salads on hand.
    XX Doggy

Welcome to our newbies.
    SJ- MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU TODAY. WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL ,HAPPY TIME WITH YOUR GC…..HUGSXXXXXXXX…….GO GALXXXXX

Thanks everyone so much for your thoughts hugs prayers etc etc re my meeting today. Just having lunch and then heading to see them. Can’t wait to see how much they’ve all grown! Will post later. Thanks TEAM!!! Suejen xxxx

Afternoon all. Hope you had a successful day I your greenhouses CG. We have had a lovely day, late breakfast and then fixed a pair of slacksπŸ‘–πŸ‘– for D, gathered together some more pot plants🎍🎍 and baskets and headed over after lunch to help her. Successful afternoon, OH and her removed a large built-in cupboard that took up most of a small bedroom. There is now space for her office desk etc and a lovely futon..during the week she will start her painting on this room and so things getting moving. Then planted 2 lemon trees and a few shrubs. And did some potting. Of course when I say we – It is the Royal We, as I am the foreman of works. Now home having a rest before dinner.
    πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—Love Sunday’s when there are no appointments. Must admit I did not think we would be seeing quite as much of our daughter as we are, she is determined to get both of houses and yards organised and so tomorrow she is coming across to our place about 2pm to give OH a hand in our garden, which has completely gotten away from him, and have dinner with us. Will make her a nice healthy dinner of fish and vegies🐟🐟🌽 before she goes home. Just loving the simple things in life at the moment.
    Bye for now. πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ’œ

What a lovely time of life for you PH, I envy you. As close as I am to mine (emotionally) their lives are just so busy with work, falily, commitments, some social life and general chores thenselves. Still, I know I’m loved but the one and a half hour drive between us is a bit far to call in for coffee 😟
    I do hope suejen is having a lovely time with her GK’s, really looking forward to hearing the news πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•xxxxx

CG . I too am looking forward to hearing news. I have had the last 10 years of only seeing my son in Canada approx every 2 years, and the one in Tasie once a year and Daughter once a year at Christmas. Sons not home for Christmas This is just so special I am going to enjoy every minute while it lasts. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

So you should PH, they are all still our babies, no matter how old they get πŸ˜€πŸ’•xx and everyone loves to be needed xx

Hi there, very quiet thread today. I suppose everyone is out enjoying their day of leisure.
    Dawg, how great to have connected with old friends again. Hope you had a lovely lunch and afternoon together.🍷🍻🍝🍰
    GG, did the conference go well? Hope your OH is feeling better.πŸ˜ƒβ€οΈ
    PH, your whole family seems to have the cleaning bug now and you are perfecting the art of delegation! I’m sure you’re making the most of having your daughter close and it’s lovely to see that she feels the same way too.🌺🌼🌸
    CG, it’s very clear how close you are to your son and daughter and how they still rely on you when they need you. That kind of closeness cannot be broken by distance πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’ž
    SJ, can’t wait to hear how your visit went, you deserve every bit of happiness that comes your way and your GKs deserve to have loving grandparents in their lives too.πŸ‘­πŸ’œπŸ’žπŸ’πŸ’—

Hi Fit, did you get any sleep? I hope your pain is easing for you. Oh, yes you’re right, we are close, no matter the distance, lines of communication are always open, but I’m living my dream now, in the country and they have their lives to live. But we drop everything should any of us need each other πŸ˜ƒ Have a lovely day πŸ’•πŸ˜Šxxxx

Hi Folks sorry it’s so late but I’m so physically and especially emotionally exhausted. It was lovely seeing my grandies again but it was so disappointing that my D was at a church meeting for the first hour and a half or so while we had lunch/afternoon tea. I’ve waited 9 months for this meeting & something else was more important. It’s so disappointing to see that she is still such a closed door after this length of time. SIL says he’ll talk to her but Mum you know what she’s like! So……that’s my last attempt to build any bridges. The D that I know was not there…just as cold as ice.
    So the next move is hers (years away I expect) & in the meantime I’ll just get on with my life. As to the GK’s I don’t know what will happen there. I hardly got a couple of words in with D so nothing sorted on that front. May have to be letters or similar from here. All in all a sad day where I say goodbye to my D for now. Sorry folks to be so down but it’s just hitting me. Tomorrow after a good sleep I’ll be better.
    Sorry the news is so late so you may have to all read it in the morning…apart from our sleepless ones! The grandies have grown soo much especially the 12yo. Got lots of cuddles & long hugs & holding hands whenever they could. So I can hold those memories for now! Have a lovely poster that I’ve put on the fridge from GD with hearts & doves etc etc. Byee all suejen XXXX

So sorry to hear this news SJ. So much for Christian charity and kindness. Lovely to be able to spend quality time with your GKs though. It seems they don’t share the same personality as their mum. Letter writing to them would be a good move on your part. Keep the conversation going, complete with pictures etc. My thoughts are with you dear girl, Barb xxx

SJ, so sorry to hear your daughter is not ready to mend fences. Try to take the positives from the visit. Your GKs know that you love them and want them in your life. They took every opportunity to have physical contact which shows that they want to be close to you too. I’m sure they realise that the issue lies with their mum and not you. With their dad on your side, perhaps meetings can be set up independent of your daughter. I hope you sleep well and feel more positive in the morning. You have done everything you can and are not to blame. Stay strong and hang on to those precious memories you madeβœŠβ€οΈπŸ’•
    CG, I slept fairly well thanks to painkillers but there’s no real improvement yet.

Oh SueJen, so sorry things did not work out today, bit did get to spend time with grandchildren and let them know you love them.
    Stay strong my friend and know we are all feeling for you and OH. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Welcome Ian and Oz……. Wow since joining this fantastic group, I can’t believe how much it’s grown………
    PH….. It took me a minute to understand all that TDEE and BMI stuff too. Sometimes, there so many conflicting ideas and thoughts, it makes it rough to grasp. I still wonder if I understand it properly. Hey, as long as we’re giving it a go, I’m sure it’s working!
    Fit….. So sorry to hear about your neighbor.
    Jade…. I’m not sure how impressive of a farmer I actually am but thank you! Starting from seeds does take a bit of extra time but well worth it. The funny thing is that I only started this garden thing to save a bit of money and incorporate healthier foods into our diet. So far, so good. I feel you on the clay that pretends to be dirt, I’m in sand land, so I fight with that. I just can’t believe the extra stuff you have to buy to make the soil workable

Sue I am so sorry the visit wasn’t all you hoped (and that we hoped for you). But the others (grandkids and SIL too I gather?) do see you for the loving person you are, so let the love flow where it can. So happy that there were precious hugs and cuddles for you. I remember at that age (12) and well into my 20s I greatly enjoyed corresponding with an aunt even though she lived too far away to see often, so take advantage of writing the kids when you can’t see them, you will stay close in their hearts and they will love you even more for it. I am glad you are strong enough to say goodbye emotionally to D for now, for your own peace. Sending you warm hugs and a mother’s understanding of how much it hurts πŸ’—πŸ’— Have to add, how sweet are you to feel bad, after all of that, not to post happier news here. Perhaps someday….xx

Fit, glad you could sleep but oh no, no relief? I am worried about you. Are you seeing the doctor again on Tuesday? Forgot whether you mentioned if any x-rays were taken but seems like they should be. Medicine does seem like such an inexact science at times, it is frustrating. xx

Dawg lol War and Peace indeed – pretty much how I view my washer and dryer or any other appliance. Whatever they do beyond wash and dry, I will never know.

CG and PH between the two of you I believe you could keep a whole country running. I now want you to run as Pres and VP of the US this Nov, please? Have to love the skewering the late-night comics are doing of the lot actually running. Such a phony bunch, my dad would not have let me date a single one of them.

It is s big football day here, last game of the season aka the Super Bowl. For some reason everyone thinks there should be parties to watch the game, though few actually watch – they mostly just eat and drink for 4-5 hours. So of course we are going to one, which doesn’t bode well for my newly-scheduled Sunday FD. I wonder if I could pull it off though. There will be veggies. I am bringing a cheese dip and chicken wings, the wings wouldn’t be too bad. Maybe I will. The contest with my appetite is likely to be more interesting than the game – in fact most people tune in to see the commercials, which cost $5 million per 30-second ad. Crazy.

I’ve already lost this post once so I’m sending it before the forum gremlin vaporizes it again. Will catch up later with all you pals. xxxx
    ps hi Bert, we crossed, lol clay that pretends to be dirt..πŸ˜† I need a shovel that can do the same.

Sorry did not mean to hit the submit button…..
    Sue….. Sorry to hear about D…. Don’t give up! Our kids sometime know how to hurt us the most. Just know in your heart that your D knows you are there for her and you always will be. That’s the great thing about being a mother as well as a daughter our selves, with age we begin to understand what means to be both. Your D will get there soon enough. I had a issues with my kid over a girl…. He wanted to marry her….. All I saw was a girl who wanted to take advantage of him, live off him plus get out of her momma house. He didn’t talk to me for months, I was kicked out of their home and called every name in the book. For a whole year, I called him twice a week and visited his home every sat. Each time it was just a fight. Then I hit my breaking point and went over one night knock on the door and said….. To my son….. We will always have a relationship either it be good or bad, which one is up to you. Then I said to his girl…… My son is the most important thing to me, so the relationship we have will always be there good or bad, so if you do plan on marrying him understand that there will always be a difference between us….. I will always be his mother and nothing will ever change that but a piece of paper can change yours. And I walked away.
    Two week later…. My kid was moving back in….. I still to this day do not know what happened, I figure when he’s ready he’ll tell me but I get told quite often now that I’m a great mom and he thanks me for never giving up.
    Don’t give up…. One day, it will be okay!
    Well, another cold day here…. The kids got to work tonight so an early supper for us and finger foods for the game tonight. Then FD tomorrow…… I’m excited to not eat tomorrow…. How silly! But I look forward, to those days!
    I hope everyone is well and for thos posts I missed….. I big hello and love still headed your way.

Bert, thanks for the sympathy. You have obviously made a great success out of growing your own veggies, so well done and enjoy the fresh flavours. Great story about your son too that should give hope to SJ for the future. Another tigress mom, fighting for her offspring!
    Jade, you’re so sweet to be concerned about me. I have to ring the physio on Tuesday to give him an update. He seemed pretty sure it was a swelling on the vertebrae in the neck and that it would need a few days of rest and exercises to put it right, so we’ll see what the next couple of days bring. Thank god for the stronger painkillers my sister had or I would have had no sleep. I’m using a heat pack during the day and that brings relief too.
    I agree with you and Dawg about those manuals…. I have read War and Peace and it’s much easier!πŸ˜‰ Coincidentally, the U.K. tv channel BBC is showing a serialised version of War and Peace at the moment and it’s terrific. I love costume dramas.

Winter and heat packs were made for each other, Fit! I personally use dachshunds but they don’t always stay in place 🐺 – they are warm though!

Hey CG your advice was sound – I persevered (those 4 Ps come in handy) & finally won an eBay auction for an iPad mini3. Had to pay a bit more than just repairing mine, but this one is new in the box so I’m excited – it’ll be fun to try something new and it will fit right in the purse. Let me tell you, if anyone needs a dose of adrenaline, those last seconds of bidding on eBay are good for a full heart-rate workout – I just kept losing and losing but refused to go overboard. Anyway, thanks again for the idea πŸ’­πŸ’• xx

Good morning-evening team……Jade what a thrill winning the bidding on Ebay πŸ˜€ You really feel as though you have accomplished something. Just one hint, don’t leave feed back until you have had it for a week and Know it works well ☺️It doesn’t hurt to ring Apple too, to confirm it’s prduct number and have it registered as you being the new owner…….
    Fit, you really need to get to your doctor,having him work hand in hand with your physio is your answer, there is no need for anyone to suffer pain and sleepless nights with modern medicine. It would only be short term, so no addiction worries, and getting heeling,peaceful sleep will allow your days to be a bit more comfortable πŸ˜ƒ I just so feel for you,living with pain and trying to get on with life is not easy…πŸ’•
    Suejen, what more can I say, the positive is you got to cuddle your grand children, you got to show them the love you feel and that is something they will remember, no matter what poison is “fed” to them in their own home. Kids don’t miss much and are quite astute so would be seeing their mother for how she is. In fact it makes you wonder how she actually is with them at times. I think if you are really truthful with yourself, you got the reaction from her you were expecting, and all she has done is confirm her attitude wont be changing. I’m actually surprised she kept the appt’ and didn’t let you down with that. Her o/h sounds pretty weak too,……..why didn’t he just bring the kids if her attitude is still festering?..I’m hoping you had one on one time with the kids, and she didn’t hover when that was happening. If communication is allowed with them, and not vetted by her, even via ipad or mobile, go for it! Letters can be held back, depending on her mood on the day, but there are always other ways πŸ˜ƒ For your GD to give you the poster took a lot of thought and planning on her part, which shows the excitement she was feeling tooπŸ˜ƒ
    Think of the positives sj, I know you are hurting, but the cuddles, hand holding, and chats will stay in your memory, those kids are an extension of you, even if a link in the chain is “missing” πŸ’•Xx
    Bert, there was no backing down on your part as a Mother either, I had a similar event with my Son a few years back, but it was with a mate who seemed to have him on a string like a puppet. He eventually saw the light and realised I was right, but I left him to figure it out for himself, after voicing my opinion of course, and that so called mate is now a distant (bad) memory…….
    Jade, enjoy the day for what it is. It’s so easy to get caught up in the excitement, and 5:2 is not a diet, just a way of life,move your fasting days to suit you πŸ˜€ And be part of life, this isn’ a ” can’t eat this, drink that” way of eating/ life, the one day will not undo all your good work πŸ˜€
    Well I’m ready for some shower power, to ease the aching bones and get my head under water to wake up befor the water aerobics then the torturous strengthening exercises…….every time I do it, I question my mentality! I should be home with my feet up! But the ease of movement, most days….depending on what I do, is proof that it is working for me. Slowly but surely and in the car on the way home I feel a sense of pride that I did it…..again!😏 Have a lovely day team, hold fast if fasting, you know the benefits and remember….
    ” If people are trying to bring you down, it’s really only because you are above them” β˜ΊοΈπŸ’• Xxxxxx

Jade, woohoo for you getting the iPad. I hope it works out well and that you have lots of fun with it. Looking forward to amazing emojis πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“πŸ˜²πŸ˜ etc! I don’t know what half of those are supposed to represent!
    Mornin’ CG, I’ll wait until I speak to the physio before deciding if I need to see the doctor too but I’m coming to the realisation that my lifestyle is too sedentary since I retired. I need to do some sort of exercise/strengthening class, like you and some of the others here. As they say, “use it, or lose it”!

Hi all. Back finally. I wasn’t able to read posts while I was away and haven’t even waded through today’s postings properly as there are so many!

Fasting today, after the usual holiday behaviour. I am not getting on the scales but know that I am up too much as I hadn’t recovered from xmas etc before I went away.

I’m keeping mine brief! Cheers to all!

Hi there, Up! Great to have you back!πŸ˜ƒ Hope you had a wonderful time with your family. I’ll be with you in trying to get back on the horse….had a disastrous week thanks to OH bringing me a toblerone which I couldn’t resist and then getting a sore neck and giving up on fasting πŸ™ So I must knuckle down again now in earnest. WE CAN DO THIS, BRING IT ON!

Sorry Fit, got mixed up and thought you were already seeing the doc when you said “physio” – I haven’t been to a physio before. But I second CG’s suggestion to call the doc in on this problem! Hate to see you continue to suffer, and bone/nerve pain is not fun at all. xxx

Evening hugs to you SJ, hope you feel the love here from all over the world. We know at least a tinge of what you are going through. xxx I love this group πŸ™‚
    ps; hi UP! we crossed – catch you later.

Hi team. Up, it’s great to see you back again I was actually going to ask if anyone knew where you’d gone to.
    Oh Sue, I can almost feel your pain. I’m so sorry that after so much anticipation you to suffer such disappointment. Bad relatiionships with our loved ones can be so very painful. I do hope that with the fullness of time things will improve.
    FD here too. It’s going on for lunchtime and so far I’ve only had black coffee. It will be the usual HB egg and fish for lunch and big salad with protein for dinner.
    There is not much else to report other than 8 while pointer sharks sited off the coast not too far away from here! The water temp is unusually warm and those in the know think that’s what brought them so far south. Needless to say I won’t be going swimming in the sea any time soon.
    XX Doggy

Hi all. Had a terrible night last night. Could not sleep for love nor money..had about 2 hrs all up and so when the alarm went I could not get up to go to the pool. Would have gone to sleep at the wheel I expect so changing my pool days to Tuedsay, Wednesday & Friday this week. Have found some sleeping tabs that the doctor prescribed some time ago and so will give them a go for a week to see if I can get into a pattern.

Good one Jade for getting your mini iPad.
    SJ hope you are feeling OK. CG just knows exactly the right thing to say, such a wonderful way with words has our fearless leader.
    Up nice to hear from you.
    Fit. Hang in there with your neck. Keep up the hot packs and rest. Hope it gets better soon.
    Bert. Just had a long Skype with my son in Canada and my grandson. I had concerns about his partner at the beginning. Thank goodness they were not realised and they are happy. very weary so going to have a nana nap. Bye for now.

Forgot to say BEST OF LUCK WITH FAST DAY EVERYONE. REMEMBER YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION πŸ˜πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Doggy, my goodness 😱 8 sharks!!!! I would certainly be putting any thought of swimming in hold, in fact I’d be frightened to step in a puddle!!!! 😨
    PH, what a bummer….AGAIN, I thought the hot chocolate may have worked, even better with a good slurp of brandy or whiskey in it….?I totally agree with taking the sleepers for a while, just to get some normality back into your sleep pattern, it makes you sliggish all day if we don’t get a decent sleep. Good luck and there is no guilt in having a Nanny nap, I tend to most days, actually they are more a power nap, as I usually get up and get back into things πŸ€— and feel better for it☺️
    Up so lovely to see you back, we missed you, I did’t realise you would be away so long, I hope you enjoyed the rest and fullfilling family time 😊 And getting back on the horse with 5:2 will be easy for and experienced AD’er such as you.
    Fit, please take careπŸ€• your body is telling you to rest and let it mend, strange you don’t know what you did in the first place, your just a go getter and thinking of others, your body is rebelling 😩 so it’s “ME” time for you……and NO excuses πŸ€”πŸ’•xx
    Sweet dreams to you Jade, I hope your ipad arrives by express so you can start playing πŸ˜€
    Just back from the gym, a tad tender, but black coffee on the go now, no hunger annoying me, so a few chores, like making my bed to start with, I hate leaving it but aerobics are so early I have no choice. then possibly a Nanny nap to refuel……..have a productive day team, stay busy, before you know it, dinner time will be here πŸ˜‰πŸ’xxxxxxxx

Morning everyone. Interesting to read others stories. CG you’re right I shouldn’t have expected anything better from my D though to be ignored for most of the time was not cool. SIL is weak for sure & says that he can’t get her to move at all. Basically she is still at the same point she was 9 months ago…she has processed nothing & refuses to. Not healthy for her kids either & she’s become a very cold mum not responding to her kids let alone me (used to be so loving). Yes was lovely to see the kids but didn’t get any one-on-one time CG was always mum or dad there hovering. Anyway enough for now. I won’t push for another time as it drags me down too far. Onto better subjects.

Up great to see you’re back!
    PH I would definitely go with those sleeping pills for sure. You must be getting so over it & it all builds up for you. So you need to resolve it somehow. Thanks for your lovely email. XX
    Yikes Doggie 8 sharks….unbelievable!!
    Yes Jade I did feel the love from all over the world….very special & very needed!
    Thanks Bert for your encouragement to hang in there. Yes it will be right one day down the track we hope.

That’s about it for today. OH suggested I go easy on myself & not fast today but decided to stay with my routine & we’ll see how we go! So far so good but it’s still morning here of course (well 3 mins left!). Doing OK & have meals in the freezer for dinner so should mange it. suejen XXXX

Hi sj, good for you at not wanting to play her games. If she is pushing her kids away too, it’s wonderful that they know they have you and your love. Yes, he came across weak to me too, and I haven’t even met him. Those poor kids. Staying in contact with them via any means, will reinforce the love you feel for them as well as a safe place to vent their feelings…….take care sweet one, stick to your guns with your fast, but if it gets too much, enjoy a wine…..or two……it wont undo your hard work…πŸ˜‡πŸ’•Xxxxxxx

Hi team, how is your fast going? It’s right on 6:00pm and I still haven’t eaten , fish and veggies at the ready πŸ˜ƒ Stay strong, let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION work for you if you get the gurgles, imagine all that excess fat disolving 😊 You know YOU CAN DO IT, you wont weaken tonight…..will you? Of course you wont πŸ˜‡
    Have a lovely evening team….πŸ˜€πŸ’xxxxxx

Hi All!
    PH, so sorry to hear you’re not sleeping well, it’s very debilitating and can get you down if you’re not careful. I agree with taking the sleeping tabs just to break the cycle and give you some needed rest and reassurance that things will get back to normal. Very wise not to get behind the wheel while you were sleep deprived too. Enjoy the pool tomorrow instead xx
    Jade, did you enjoy the super bowl and party? When I went to the States years ago, OH and I decided to pick a team each to follow and I chose the Broncos! I had a team shirt and cap too! Long gone now but I’m still delighted they won. πŸ˜ƒ
    Dawg, 8 sharks! Eeeeeek! I don’t swim in the sea at all because it’s always so cold, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing after all!
    SJ, so proud and full of admiration for you sticking to your routine and not allowing your daughter to derail you. But as CG says, if you feel like a glass of something nice, then go for it! Staying in touch with the GKs is probably the best and only course of action for the moment, so just pursue that as best you can for the moment. Lots of hugs and cuddles to you πŸ’•πŸ’žβ€οΈπŸ’πŸ’œ(((())))
    CG, just love the way you get on with life no matter what so I’m channelling your Aussie determination and going for a fast today despite the pain in the neck (having one, not being one, I hope!πŸ˜‰) More weather warnings in place here, we’re now on storm Imogen….can you believe it? I think I’ll just hibernate for the next few weeks and just poke my head out to see how the WTF reunion goes!
    Happy fasting everyone for the week ahead and hope any aches, pains, troubles and woes disappear soon πŸ˜€βœŠπŸ’πŸŒΊβ˜€οΈπŸ’πŸŒˆ

Viewing 50 posts - 11,401 through 11,450 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.