Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,501 through 9,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Noots your really doing well, congratulations. It’s awful when it’s hot and humid especially if you’re not well but being off the heavy drugs is great and it sounds like things are getting back to normal with your hand. Things will get easier for you ? xxx

CG welcome back so glad to hear that things went well & that you’re doing OK apart from the usual sleepless night in hospital & the shoulder pain from the gas, which I’ve heard can be nasty. So great to hear that you’re back home & with your loved pooches! Take it easy lady 2 ops in one year can knock out the most determined of us…even you! Nana naps are TOTALLY in order.
    Noots good to hear that things are progressing well with your thumb. Excellent!
    Milena you’ve obviously done the gallbladder stint already? So you can advise CG if needed as she recuperates.
    CG HOW ANNOYING!! Fancy losing your first post…it really is frustrating everyone. Have many of us reported it to the techies?? They’re usually pretty responsive.
    Will post photos later of the finished GD’s outfits PH. Pretty cute I think anyway. Just got to buy some wrapping paper this afternoon – thought I had some from last year but I don’t. So post tomorrow now. In the 2 bags the girls have hairclips, a speccy headband, necklace/bangle & a my little pony. The postage will be horrendous but no way around that one…unless I’d finished them a month or so ago!! We’re used to it by now I guess. sj XXXX

Ha saw this in the newsagents – 5:2 has even hit the front of cards now! We’ve hit the big time!! Gotta laugh…sounds a bit like us at times!! sj XXXX

photo 20151201_095119.jpg

And here’s the final outfits ready to post. I ended up making a flower to cover the black mark on one of the bags so of course had to make one for each. GD’s are nearly 4, nearly 2 & 6 months. sj XX

photo 20151201_160629.jpg

photo 20151201_135112.jpg

photo 20151201_135002.jpg

Oh sj you are so clever, they are beautiful. The girls will love the outfits as will their Mum ? I bet doing them has picked you up too, it’s amazing how putting our thoughts into a hobby clears the air ?……..agree with the plaque too ? xxxxxx

Hi All!
    CG, dear pal, so good to have you back with us. R & R definitely the order of the day for you and just enjoy having got through all those ops in one year. You are such a strong and capable person, but even you need to let your body (and spirit) ease back into normal routines. Glen is a treasure and those flowers from Leah will be a reminder of how much you are loved and thought about. Glad to to hear your boys are in good form too, no doubt delighted to see you back and all is right with their world again. Xxxxxx
    Milena – getting back to full health after surgery is not easy and probably why you are fighting off this cold at the moment; I’m sure your immune system is recovering too, so take it easy if you can.
    Noots – hoping your hand keeps getting better and better and that your pain eases off quickly.
    SJ – loved the card! Ha, ha! Wow, those outfits and bags are just stunning!! You are so gifted. They almost look too good to wear; I hope they mind them so that they can be kept as family heirlooms for the future. You deserve a big nanny nap yourself after getting all that done in time to post off to the States. Well done! πŸ™‚
    I’m off to try and get most of my Christmas shopping done today. I don’t buy for all the nieces and nephews any more; once they turned 21, I stopped giving them presents. I just get for the godchildren and a few close friends and a couple of younger nieces. My siblings and I decided long ago not to buy for each other, as the families were getting too large so we just get together for food, drinks and laughs instead…much more useful!! πŸ™‚ Of course, my own family will be the main shopping focus….aren’t men hard to buy for? My older daughter and boyfriend have decided to move in together (another friend is sharing the apartment to share the cost). A big decision, I just hope it’s the right one….I feel he is not as committed as she is but maybe I’m wrong. Being a parent is hard, no matter what age the kids! My semi-fast did repair some of the damage, so I think I’ll try another one today. Best of luck to you all xxx

Good morning team ? and good evening Fit. Very heavy rain woke me this morning, it was oh so cosy laying there, with the boys next to me on their blanket, listening to it pouring of my tin roof. I had a fantastic sleep and feel very refreshed. When I got up, I found a gift from Maggie too, a headless rabbit she had bought me in! Quite often she brings me a gift, usually a mouse, hopefully dead, or a rabbit, occasional rat and has been known to bring in a bat or two, and that as you can imagine causes chaos with the boy’s trying to catch them as they fly around……..oh the joys of my family ?
    I’m not overly comfortable this morning so gave in and took a Oxycodone with a panadol so should have a good day ☺️ watching a few movies and being kind to myself, as Suejen told me to do in her lovely email last night ? so I will follow orders and start the healing.
    Depending on how my day pans out, I might even fast, as a healthy cleanser but not making a promise as yet to myself.
    Have a lovely day team, Glenn has bacon and eggs cooking at the moment, oh gee they smell delish. He will be heading off later as he has work tonight but I will miss him. I am used to living on my own but really love his company.
    I’ll check in later team I hope you have a fulfilled day whatever you do, don’t sweat the small stuff, life is for living not impossible restrictions, so go gently, and enjoy ? xxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG – it’s just lovely to hear the rain and wind outside when you are snug and cosy inside. Even better to have Glenn making you a fab breakfast too!! Mmmmm, enjoy! πŸ™‚ Life with four-legged friends is never boring, is it? I bet Lexie looks as if she has doubled in size in the couple of days you were away. Hope you keep the pain at bay and enjoy your day on the couch surrounded by your furry family πŸ™‚ I’m wrecked after doing all my Christmas present shopping in one go; the shops were crowded and the car park was just manic with people desperate to find a place – it’s mad!! However, I was happy with my purchases and got my hair done on the way home, so that kept me away from food for the day!! I’m all set now for going to see my daughter in the UK tomorrow….can’t wait!! πŸ™‚

SJ, super cute!

Fit that is a job well done and behind you now and what a joy to be seeing your daughter with gifts in hand I take it ? my breaky was yummy,egg on toast but didn’t have the bacon, no greasy food allowed yet!……but lovely when someone else cooks for you, even just an egg….. so much for fasting, maybe a semi, just playing it by ear or should I say tummy, I need to get things moving feeling very bloated and swollen ? xxxxxx

The gifts are for Christmas so she’ll have to wait until she comes home to get them but OH and I are going to take her and two friends out for a meal after the awards ceremony; so it should be a lovely evening. Eat what works for you to make you better at the moment; fasting is not a priority just now. Take care xxxx

Of course, silly me, enjoy the night. Yes, I will be eating what feels good at the moment, 5:2 will be a “by the way” till I’m over things, just being cautious ? xxx

Hi,everyone. CG it’s good that you are back home again. Hospitals are not for a good nihgt’s sleep with all the noise going on. I’m sure you are going to be sore and sorry for yourself for a few days. Keep taking the analgesics till you no longer need them. Noots I’m glad that you are feeling better too. SJ love your pics. The GD outfits are great. That 5:2 diet sign is a scream. I’m all for a sense of humour to keep things in perspective.
    I’ve just had a busy morning shopping. Our local town is very popular with holiday makers and it’s become very busy. I’ve come away with all sorts of Christmas goodies of the eating variety. None of them low calorie of course. I’ve prepared my meals for tomorrow. Does anyone else feel that fast days come round very quickly ?
    XX Dawg.

Morning Team how are we all? CG good to hear that you’re planning to have an R&R day..and maybe even a few. How lovely to have Glenn cook your brekky before he leaves. Yews watch that tummy today.
    Fit you’ve wrecked yourself with Christmas shopping – amazing that you got it all done in one go! Can’t believe that!! Have a wonderful trip over to see your daughter get an award I think you said…sheesh what a memory I have!
    Hey where is everyone…Noots Milena Doggie Gyps PH?? Must all be getting busy with the time of year…social events, shopping, cooking, planning etc. Time to post & let us all know how you’re doing. Come on TEAM.

Off to the local bigger town today to do a bit of shopping & have an appointment. That will mean lunch in a nice cafe that’s down a laneway, it’s also a gourmet foods & cooking items shop & I LOVE browsing there. The longer they take to get my food the happier I am!! Have a good day all. Noots & CG recuperate & look after yourselves. sj XXXX

Hi all.. Late start this morning. Cleaner comes today and had to get house tidy so she could get to benches and floors. All good now and house looks sparkling. Great feeling.

SJ. Wow. That’s look great. Love the little dress. Did you have a pattern for it? And the other outfits gorgeous too. Flower on bag just beautiful. You are a talented lady. Love the card…???

CG my idea of bliss, lying in bed reading a good book with rail on the roof…???
    Great it is all over and it is time to look forward..It must be great to be home in your own surrounds with your boys. Remember slowly does it and look after YOU! Hopefully another game of cricket coming up so you can lie on the couch and watch.. Lovely to have you back on the thread. Special to have your Glen there with you, you will miss him when he goes. Until the cricket..enjoy the movies and I am pleased to see you taking some pain relief and not soldiering on!! ??

Fit. All of your Christmas shopping in one day…impressive. I still have to do mine..we have a tradition of trying different things. This year we are all to select a photo that brings back memories and write a little story about why it was a special time together for each of our children and partners. And they will do the same for us. Only buy presents for the littlies so I have organised with my son to get a skateboard for little Joel. Quite an adventurer and has been making noises about them. So I have to find six special photos and write six stories. Will have to get started. …Enjoy the day with your Daughter?? and the celebratory dinner afterwards. ????

My lunch yesterday beautiful but naughty. I ordered a Caesar salad with whiting fillets expecting a lovely large plate of Caesar salad with some grilled whiting on top however, got a small side salad of Caesar salad, deep fried whiting fillets and lots of Chips. Beautifully cooked ..yummy and naughty. Could not see it go to waste. So not a good 5.2 day. Fasting today so hopefully will still lose some weight this week. Bye for now all..

Just read the posts from previous page, so caught up with happenings but no time to comment st this stage. Hi to you Noots, Milena and Doggy and none else I have missed. Gyps..don’t fall out of that boat!

Hi PH yes like my cooking only to recipes, I can only dressmake from a pattern. Actually all the outfits were off the same pattern – had a dress & the pants/top/bag on it so good value seeing they’re so dear these days.
    Doggie yes FD’s come around quickly but especially the Thursday variety! I guess cos there’s only 2 rather than 3 days in between it always seems to be upon me before I know where I am. But with the eating I’m doing at the moment I sure need them! You’ll all laugh at this one. I wanted a little treat yesterday at the supermarket & I decided to buy a packet of bullets (looked up the back as to what a serve was……8 bullets). Got home & divided the packet up & wrapped up each lot in gladwrap & put on the pantry shelf. You can probably guess the end of the story.Then as the night wore on I ate the lot!!!!! So much for that brilliant idea – sounded good in theory. Will NOT trust myself to buy them again. That’s my LAST choc bullet story I think & apologies for bringing up the subject yet again?! sj

Oh suejen, now I’m craving! A girlfriend called in for coffee and to offer any help needed, bless her, so she fed Lexie for me, saved me having to carry the milk….back to the bullets…..! She kindly bought me some Lindt Lindor chockies mmmmm, will have to be content with them ? why is it all these yummy treats seem to find their way into our cupboards or should I say tummies, when we are trying to be so good? Guess we best eat them and put them out of their misery ? xxxxxx (as you have already done ☺️)

Hi SJ . Just printed out my statements and the money I transferred to you has been returned to my bank account….so sorry!! . Must have made a mistake with the numbers.. ????I have sent you an email as I do not have your phone number.
    Great idea to individually wrap bullets..if only it would work…I’m with you SJ..
    Bullets. Would love some. OH has choc coated licorice in the cupboard. So far so good ……..but can’t imagine going another day!!

CG so nice to have a friend come round .. Was wondering how you were going to feed Lexie. If it. Means you have to eat the choc. Well you will just have to grit your teeth and do it! ???

Was enthused by writing about what we are doing for Christmas and so just spent the afternoon at the computer going through old photos..found I could not stop at one memory and so ended up doing a collarge of 4 photos. From baby through to now. Done two …4 to go. Was such fun!! Now I better get into the ironing and packing for our little holiday on Friday..which I was supposed to be doing.

PH I couldn’t think of a nicer place to get lost in like memories, the ironing will wait ? just enjoy….xxxxxxx

Hi All!
    Dawg – i have been buying goodies for the last few weeks and somehow managing to stay away from them….miracle!! I agree that the FDs come around very quickly indeed πŸ™ but at least there are only two in the week! πŸ™‚
    SJ – I think your bullets are like my toblerone…just can’t say no!! I had to laugh at you dividing them up and then eating the lot – just like me with the ‘two triangles a day’….yeah, right!! πŸ˜‰
    PH- enjoy your sparkling house πŸ™‚
    CG – glad you are minding yourself and taking it easy……have a wonderful rest and enjoy those Lindor chocs…mmmm!
    Gotta dash; off to the airport! Love to all xxxx

Have a safe enjoyable trip Fit xxxxxx

Good morning team and Happy fast day if your doing one. Often the hardest day of the two, but YOU CAN DO IT ? stay with what you know or try something new, at least make it interesting for yourself. I doubt I will be fasting today so might start back on Monday, I feel like I’ve been through the mill over the last few months so will rest up on myself without being too restrictive, just cautious. ? I’m certainly better than yesterday so each day has me improving so come Monday my AUSSIE DETERMINATION with food should be back in full power. We seem very quiet at the moment and team we each need your support so c’mon, your team needs you. Sure our team is made up of individuals but united we stand with strength ☺️ so let’s give it our all. Remember you are rewarded for your efforts so stay in control, see the benefits and know you are doing your body a healthy favour. Tomorrow will be here soon enough so enjoy today and all it has on offer ? …..xxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone. SJ I’m having a chuckle about the bullets. We can all relate to that one. My indiscretion yesterday was Crunchy Peanut Butter. I saw the jar in the pantry and could not resist a spoonful, then another spoonful. Now today I’m wondering why my weight has been stuck on 70 for at least four months. I guess we just have to look at the big picture. I’m 8 kilos lighter than I was this time last year. It’s going to be slow and hopefully steady. I’ve only got two weeks before the family arrive from Melbourne for Christmas. I’m not going to even try and kid myself that I’m going to fast while they are here. The temptation will just be too much.
    I had to cancel my credit card yesterday due to security reasons and a scam. The new one will not arrive for at least a week. Great timing as I do a lot of online shopping for Christmas. I do have a debit card though so will have to scratch that out. Unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people out there so one has to be very careful. I must remember to use PayPal for all my purchases in future.
    Stick with th fast today team and remember it’s just for today.
    ????

Doggy that’s a good timely reminder to us all, security scams are rampant this time of year. Laughing at the peanut butter episode, I don’t think many of us will be sticking too closely to our fasts or PC in the next few weeks, just so much temptation around us and lets face it, we have all done so well all year, we are human and it is nice to be non restrictive every so often…..so lets just enjoy guilt free, it spoils it if we berate ourselves over some simple pleasures…xxxxxx

Morning all. Oh well all I can say is that I’ve given a few people a laugh with my episode (won’t mention the *&%%$# word again though!). I almost had to laugh at myself as I went back to the pantry each time & picked out another little packet. Doggy so good to hear that I’m not the only culprit. But at least with 5:2 I’ve learned to just laugh if you like & move on, rather than giving myself the guilts as with previous diets. It happened…get over it! And yes we do have to look at the big picture & remember that we have all lost weight & more importantly, that there will be more to come! But you’re right the time of year makes it pretty difficult right now.
    Interestingly Doggie I went to use Paypal for something & got hit with all these extra security question I had to set up etc so even they are tightening up their system to protect themselves. It said it was a spot check but I bet everyone is getting it.
    So CG yes let’s enjoy guilt-free otherwise we’re not enjoying it at all. You’ve said many times 5:2 is a PART of life NOT ALL of it, and this time of year I guess we just have to think that it becomes perhaps slightly smaller. We don’t give up on it like diets that you decide to ditch, we just shift our focus a bit so we can enjoy friends, family & social events & we do the best we possibly can whenever we can!
    Fit hope you’re having a wonderful mum-daughter time in the UK.
    PH love your idea of the cards might even do something a bit similar for my kids.
    CG let’s face it…you HAVE been through the mill in the last few months so relax that aussie determination just a little and let up on yourself. Take a break, rest, recuperate, let 5:2 back into your life slowly when you’re ready for it….and everything else too. If you can’t be bothered doing something then don’t do it & then your body will heal itself in its own good time as you slowly get back into it.

Have a great day all. GG where are you? Is your connection still working OK for you?
    Noots hope your thumb is progressing in leaps & bounds too. susjen XXXX

Hi all. Late today , have been to bridge assisted play and am wondering how long it will take to learn all the rules of bidding and play. I think at least 12 months of assisted play….however am enjoying it immensely. Then a girlfriend met me in the foyer of the club and we went for coffee at a great little coffee shop. On a fast day!! However I asked the girl serving coffee what was the best way to drink black coffee. She told me that she has been trying to reduce her dairy die to illness and she is now drinking long black with cream. I must admit it was yummy, could be my coffee of choice now. Just a little bit of cream and a packet of Nativia (stevia) All up about 50 cals. And I purchased a Piece of tumeric and raspberry slice to take home. It is in the fridge for tomorrow. Fabulous little coffee shop with all healthy food. All of their cakes etc are gluten free and no sugar..baked with stevia or xylitol… Will be going there again. Kid friendly as well. The owner has children with all sorts of allergys
    And she found that they could never go anywhere to eat out so started this coffee shop for people like her. Hope she does well.

So still on track with Fast Day and had an enjoyable time out?????
    doggy. Very timely reminder regarding credit card fraud. Do use pay pal for most things on line but not all.
    Can relate to the spoon full of Peanut butter. Ask OH to hide at the back of the pantry when he uses it. Love it…

SueJen. No Guilt is the best part of this WOL. And the knowledge that we are all human and love out little treats. ??β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ??..very hard at this time of the year with al of the Christmas parties to go too. It seems that now I have retired there are more of them..4 so far and 2 different ones for my exercises classes, I for bridge to go yet, without the neighbourhood ones. Ain’t life grand..????
    CG good to hear you are looking after yourself and not stressing the small things re fasting etc. if anyone deserves a break it is you, time for a bit of self pampering while you recuperate.

Talk to you all later. Have to do some chores!

Suejen isn”t it lovely we are all giving each other permission to relax a tad over this silly season. GG is still in Sydney returning tomorrow, she phoned me this morning. Talk about the BIG picture, I’m using my computer which I haven”t done in absolute ages and it all seems so huge after my ipad. And of course went for the big screen when it was updated a couple of years ago. sj just be careful with questionnaires on PayPal. If you get an email that does not greet you by name delete it…it is a scam to get all your personal details. Only ever answer questions if you log into the Paypal web page yourself. You should forward them onto “spoof@paypal” especially this time of year. They will never ask security questions with an email.
    It’s still quite cool here yet supposed to be warming up later. Maybe still a bit of anesthetic in my system keeping my central heating out of whack…. stay positive team with your fasting you are half way through now so not too long to go, I on the other hand am having fish and salad for lunch so no fasting for me today…… ..xxxx

Yep all is good CG I was logged in & starting a payment when this happened so all fine. ?XX

PH our posts crossed…again, we do it so often, the cafe sounds wonderful. It’s often hard to find somewhere healthy to have a coffee and nibble but guilt free so you sound to have found the right spot. Oh, and is that bit of cake going to be like sj’s bullets or Doggy’s peanut butter…WILL IT LAST UNTIL TOMORROW???? good luck xxxxxxx

Oh good news sj, they are such low life’s and oh so clever to an untrained eye….xxx

CG. ..it will last till tomorrow..I m going to be strong.???it has too because I cannot put off fast day again. Was doing it yesterday and postponed till today. Heading off tomorrow for 5 days and so no fasting till I gat back ..

SJ. Nice to talk to you. Hopefully transfer correct this time. Sorry I had to cut our conversation short. OH was calling me to tell me that visitors had just pulled up ..and I was in my house dress with no bra. I wear a long skirt with a wide elastic band pulled up over my boobs. Comfortable and cool…
    Love to slop around the house in comfort sometimes and lose the bra. We were not expecting visitors it was the lovely young friends of our daughters just calling to see if there was anything they could do for us. Not a good time as we were getting ready to go away. We ended up loaning them a small tent and a mattress so they could have an overnight camp. They are coming over one day next week to give us a hand with digging holes for shrubs.

Better go and have shower before dinner. Another fast day almost over….???

Haha that’s so funny PH as you rang just before I need to leave for my bus duty and I ALSO was trying hard NOT to sound like I needed to rush out the door!!! LOL Got there just in time anyway. As I said on the phone my FD got hijacked & will happen tomorrow. though I did say to OH that he has to stop doing that to me as I really don’t like to fast on a Friday – everyone needs a drink on a Friday!! But I need to with all the extra stuff I’m eating lately.
    I too love to lose my bra but usually only do it after dinner when noone is likely to arrive at the door. sj XX

Hello .. Hope u al, doing well and sheding those kilos…!! i had fallen off the wagon and decided to come back to the diet..!! I am so scared to weigh in to check how far i have drifted … So planning to start a kick start.. Tomorrow first day of fast after few months of break..!! Wish me luck

Pree not knowing is worst than knowing. Then you can move forward and not berate yourself. If we learn from our lapses then they have served their purpose. You will find that most of us have had many lapses but just get back on.

It is lovely to see SJ dresses for the grandkids. I cannot sew but know a bit about it to appreciate the work that goes into them. My mothers was a dressmaker skippped me and all the daughters have got it. I tried for 10 years to make clothes but they looked aweful. I have other talents.

Was away last week with celebrations and have now lost that weight gain. Now down to 63 kg. Getting feedback from family that they are concerned for my health. Something slipped out was that I was looking at the same racks as they were. Yet when I was bigger they did not want to be seen with me. You can’t win. I am just happy that may waist is coming back but still a little way to go to get under 80 cm. Anything now is a bonus.

Good morning team, GL what a fantastic achievement, well done. Remember you are doing 5:2 for YOU and no one else. We live this life for ourself and are not here to impress others. Sure it’s lovely to get compliments, but if people are loathed to congratulate others, it’s their loss. Kindness is cheap as is a smile, jealousy and envy eat them up……and that’s their choice……you are healthier and slimmer so smile and enjoy ?
    Pree stay with 5:2 you know it works getting back on board is a healthy way to go.

Well, I went into hospital at 74.7k came home at 77.2k, so very swollen and bloated, also batteling constipation thinking it would be the reverse as all the warnings were stay away from greasy food. Anyway, no fasting this week, decided to eat whatever made me feel better, even chocolate to help with the constipation (any excuse ?) and this morning 74.0k and still in the hope the food STILL in transit will move today. I feel like a pregnant pup, very swollen bloated tummy and uncomfortable. I will fast Monday so as not to stray too far “from home” which makes it so difficult to get back into it. I did have chips last night with crumbed fish, bit of salad, anything slightly greasy to get things moving so certainly not fasting ? so it appears eating normally for this week has worked ☺️
    Have a lovely day team, don’t sweat the small stuff, our marathon is ongoing but very doable, everytime you use the steps instead of the esculator, you win, so feel the benefits and feel the pride team, you deserve it ? xxxxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG and all the gang!
    I had a wonderful time with my daughter and OH in the UK. The award ceremony was lovely with champagne and nibbles and we went for a fab meal afterwards. Then we had time for brunch together today before we left for the airport again. Bought her a beautiful ring too; so proud of her! πŸ™‚
    CG – you are doing so well with weight loss despite the after effects of your op. I hope you are feeling back to your old self in no time. Meanwhile, you have permission to go easy on yourself until Christmas is over…we’ll all be loosening the reins over the next few weeks, I’m sure and we can all get back on track together too…we’re a team!
    Dawg – that’s a great loss over the last year and you’re still maintaining…well done; slow and steady wins the race! Sorry to hear about the credit card scam…I hope you didn’t get badly stung. Xx
    SJ – I’m so glad now that my daughter went away to college even though my heart almost broke when she left. She is so happy there and has completely found her niche. I can’t believe she is in her final year. We had a wonderful time together and she will be home on the 12th for Christmas….can’t wait πŸ™‚ Hope there are no more bullets in the cupboard!! And guess what? I didn’t buy a toblerone at the airport!!! πŸ˜‰ Great advice for CG too πŸ™‚
    PH – what a social whirl you live in…well done you, for making the most of life. Get out and enjoy everything life offers you – as they say ‘This is not a rehearsal’!! We can still have fun and work 5:2 into our schedules when it suits us xx Your family idea about the photos sounds brilliant – enjoy getting together and sharing the memories πŸ™‚
    Pree – well done on getting back on the horse. How long were you following 5:2 before? Stick with us here and we will encourage you to keep going; especially when you are struggling. We’ve all had our ups and downs, but we keep putting one foot in front of another and with the help of each other, we manage to keep going.
    GL – good to hear from you again and well done on the losses…you are doing a fantastic job!! Ignore the negative people in your life; they have the problem, not you xx
    I’ll try a semi-fast tomorrow, I think. I agree with you, SJ – Fridays are not really suitable for fasting! Have a wonderful weekend everyone and keep posting! Xxxx

Greetings gang wherever you are in the world. This is going to be short and sweet ( I hope ) as I’ve 101 things on my “to do ” list for today. Ho Hum weight is still stuck on 70; BUT since January this year I’ve lost about 5 cm from my bod in most places. I’ve go to to be pleased with that. We had a lovely early morning walk today. It’s a beautiful day here and it’s good to be alive.
    Enjoy a lovely, guilt free day. This way of eating is something we’ve chosen to do for ourselves. It’s not been forced on us. I don’t know about out the rest of you , but when I get into bed after a successful fast day I always feel pleased with myself and my achievements.
    XX Doggy

Morning all. All packed and having final rest before taking off to Yamba. I DID IT broke the 100. ??Weighed in at 99.9. Only a .2 loss but I’ll take anything I can get at this stage of the year with all the galavanting around. Might be MIA for a few days depending on the reception etc.

SJ . So funny about us both trying to have a quick conversation without being rude.

Fit. No wonder you are so proud of your Daughter..what a great achievement.! And lovely to be there to share in the celebrations with you. Not long till the 12th. What did she study at Uni?

CG . Feeling bloated is the pits. I get very constipated after anesthetic and sometimes it is very hard to shift so I know exactly how you are feeling. The weight at least has settled down for you. Just keep Bing kind to yourself and not stressing the small stuff. Even if you feel better you still need to be careful. as FIT says we will all get back on tract after Christmas. Just to maintain is an achievement in the silly season. ????????
    GL. Well done and remember you are doing this for you…

Welcome Pree. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Anyone I’ve missed a great big HI!!..OH calling he must have the van hooked up. Until next time..ENJOY!❀️❀️❀️

Blasted auto correct. No time to fix..

Dawg – maintaining is great and 5cm loss is brilliant! Be proud of all your achievements!
    PH – congrats on breaking the 100; woohoo!! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute. My daughter is doing Film and Theatre Studies and absolutely loves it! She will be finished next June – a three year course that just flew by.

Hi all, well done PH on cracking the 100. Happy and safe travelling. Welcome Pree. I’m fairly new to 5:2 but know that it works. Got my lovely blue, removable cast yesterday so could enjoy a shower this morning after a week of baths. Not due back to physio and specialist until 20 January when the stitches can come out. Have to do hand exercises three times a day which will get easier as time goes by. Switched my FDs to Tues and Thurs this week due to dinner out tonight. May keep to those in future. OHs cooking is plain but good. No desserts either. Lovely to be served for a change. Weighing in Sat. Hope it’s a good result.

Fit lovely to see you back and what a fabulous time you have had. You will be back together before you know it.?
    PH wow, under the 100k mark, it will move a bit quicker now…..enjoy your trip and stay safe☺️
    Doggy such a positive loss……we are not in a race, we will lose when the body decides it’s time. You are a healthy eater and doing a great job, well done ?
    Just had a neighbour come in to help me put a temporary fence up for Lexie attached to her corral, so she can now run a bit in the sun and stretch her legs but also has her water and bedding available…win win….but she keeps chasing me to suck my are/leg/hands/fingers…..anything her tongue will wrap around ? so this will work well
    Happy day team, get out and live xxxxxx

Morning all Noots good to hear you’ve got a pretty blue cast now AND more importantly you can have a shower! That’s always bliss!! I can remember with my breaks covering the cast with a plastic bag & about 6 rubber bands & even that wasn’t totally successful in the shower. Good luck with your weigh-in.
    PH so happy you broke the 100 barrier…that’s a momentous one to crack. Doesn’t matter that it was only a .2 loss…..you take anything when you get to break those milestone numbers! So….welcome to the 90’s COME ON DOWN!! Have a great time away PH.
    Yes Dawg losing 5cm and going to bed with a smile on your face is a big achievement and well worth it. Enjoy your 101 things!
    Fit lovely to hear about the event in the UK & that it was great. You’re right about Fridays not being that suitable for fasting Fit but I’m determined. Today it IS!! Only thing that might just railroad me is that I’m volunteering for 3 1/2 hours for our arts society prepping food tonight for an art auction of birdhouses. That could be a challenge but of course you really shouldn’t sample food while you’re preparing it so maybe that will keep me on the straight & narrow?!
    OH CG no fun feeling like a pregnant pup. But obviously the weight & foods are moving so that’s good & there’ll most likely be more to come…so even better. In the meantime take that pregnant pup & look after her!! She needs coddling methinks. Go on spoil yourself you don’t do it very often.
    GL good to hear that you’ve lost the extra weight. It really is a battle to get anywhere near that magical 80 for our waists isn’t it! I cheered when I got under the 90’s but my waist hasn’t budged any further. Maybe it’s like many other health things that they dogmatically bring in & then change, but certainly my middle needs to lose more fat. Hate that middle roll with clothes on.
    Pree welcome. Don’t be scared of weighing in again…it’s just a starting number for you & you obviously know that 5:2 does the job so….you won’t be there long.
    Hi to Up Gyps Milena GG….mmm have I missed anyone? suejen XXXX

Hi All!
    Slept in very late this morning; there’s nothing like your own bed!
    Noots – great to hear you can take a shower again, it is so refreshing and makes you feel human again! Good luck with the weigh-in, but don’t forget the extra for the cast!!
    CG – sounds like Lexie will have the best of all worlds πŸ™‚ Hope you’re not so bloated today and continuing to feel better. Xxx
    SJ – you are a legend…fasting on a Friday and doing voluntary work!! What a wonderful person you are – I think you must be a real treasure in your community xxxx
    Today is also my chores day for my sister….another reason I can’t fast today; but I’ll try not to be too naughty! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! Big hello to Gyps, Up, GG, PH, Milena, GL, Pree and all the gang! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Good morning team, good evening Fit. Fit isn’t it lovely to have a sleep in, you feel as if something special has happened. You not only feel good and rested physically but great mentally when you look at the clock and know it out of the ordinary ?and yes, there IS nothing like your own bed and pillow.
    Warming up already here, quite hot yesterday so the heat is on again and expected the next few days. Early chores for me in this type of weather then close up the house, aircon on and do as little as possible☺️ perfect cricket weather.
    Have a lovely guilt free day team, don’t be hard on yourself, enjoy those treats maybe showing some restraint but it’s the silly season, time to let your hair down ?
    GG good luck on Monday in your new job, I can imagine the nerves you have but breath deeply, you are a proven so head up with confidence, after all, they are only people and above all need your help….you will be fine I’m sure xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, uh oh my weigh in didn’t go well this morning. The scales went up not down. Can I blame OH’s cooking? No, I didn’t have to eat it all. Now I must pick myself up and get back on the wagon. No, I wasn’t wearing my cast either! Dietitians’s on Monday so I will try to have a lean weekend. Sigh.

Noots often the benefir from your fast will show tomorrow ? don’t lose heart, the body is a strange machine, your keeping it healthy so don’t sweat the small stuff ? xxx

Mornin’ CG and all the gang!!
    How different our sides of the globe are…your day is heating up while we have a red/orange weather warning in place with torrential rain, gale force winds and dropping temperatures!! Eeeeek! I bought enough groceries and supplies today to last until Monday so I hope I don’t have to go anywhere for the next couple of days. I hope our electricity doesn’t go because of the storm. Either my sister or I will have to take my other sister on Sunday, so I hope the worst of the storm is over by then.
    CG – indoors with the cricket sounds like a good plan πŸ™‚ Hope you’re feeling better xx
    Noots – don’t get down-hearted; this is just a little blip due to your surgery and recovery…you will be back on track in no time. πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 9,501 through 9,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.