Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 14,786 total)

• He he he, yes FC probably it is the bloat. as I said, I can just hope it is. Thanks as reassurances really help. I can imagine your mum jumping on scales with phone on hold … Lol

Wow, lots has happened since the last time I was in here :)…. Been having some issues logging in on my iPad, don’t quite know why yet….

Congrats everyone on their weight loss but I think what is more important is the more rational view towards food!!

Oh and I know the reason we feel colder on fast days is we generate a lot of heat to digest our food, it’s also the reason we crave really heavy, hearty foods in winter – to keep ourselves warmer through digestion.

Started a new seasonal job so have been working some pretty long hours but the fast days are fitting in really well, lots and lots of tea, black naturally (well it’s actually a type of white tea 😉 ) I just keep topping up my cup and keep using the same tea bag. As of yesterday I’m down to 112.8 kg!!!!!! Which is 8.4kg down in 6 weeks. I also have another big motivation for loosing the weight as my lil sis got engaged a week ago and I’m to be the maid of honor, and god damit I’m going to look really good in a bridesmaid dress. The only problem may be that I will have to keep getting a dress taken in (huge problem lol)

Hope everyone else is going along really well

Lacey

Hi Lacey, i was having trouble logging in on my ipad too, i just checked the Keep Me Logged In box and that seems to have made it work better.
    Fast day tomorrow for me, getting organised and boiling eggs, making lo cal jelly and salad for lunch.
    Already portioned up some very nice steak into 100g portions so just gotta take that out of the freezer for dinner tommorow.
    One good thing about fasting days is getting a small bit of really good produce, its cheaper when you only eat a small amount of it!
    Cheers all.

Hi FlemishCurves and all,

I just walk up and down one of the lanes in the local swimming pool. I’m pretty short so I have to turn around pretty quick! Ha ha. Then if it’s not too busy I will try and do some laps too. I do love the swimming, just have to remind myself that I do! Even swimming can cause my back to pain. Very little cartilage left between lower vertebra. Apparently the bones will fuse, eventually. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation…

I haven’t been doing much exercise since our family holiday in October. I was feeling the edge of depression creeping around the corner and I tried to figure out what was different between now and before our holiday. I had started the fivetwo thing, but I hadn’t been doing any exercise. So, that was the inspiration to get me into the pool today and it worked!

Thanks for all the support out there. Stay safe. X Reldz

Good morning team very long day for me yesterday, to and from the hospital, feeling good this morning although can take 2-3 days to really take full effect. My Son has been wonderful in making sure I do no lifting or bending too much, he makes a great coffee too, so I feel very pampered. Absolutely blew any counts yesterday, lunch at the Sandringham pub opposite the beach I spent most of my tean years ( and grew heaps of sking cancers, I still have problems with) my Son hadn’t seen where his father and I hung out all those years ago so a bit of nestalgia for me too, and close to the hospital I went too, but also where I had both my kids! then made hamburgers for dinner at my Sons request, all very yummy but looking forward to fasting Thursday. To day lunch at the BEST chinese resturant around, beautiful food, so loving this time with Glenn my Son and it’s doing me good, I’m so lucky being so close to my Son and Daughter, we live 1.5 hrs apart but in contant contact via ipad, pphone, emails etc. didn’t mean to go on, just glad yesterday is over, not a comfortable procedure but very necessary, especially when it works. Have a great day team. I know our 5:2 is forgiving and we ARE allowed to live our lives between fast days!….CG xxxx

Good Morning One and All
    CG, hope you are feeling better now and really hoping that this shot lasts you longer this time around.
    Laceyvi, its awesome to have a goal in the mind. I am sure trips to get the dress size adjusted are going to be fun and satisfying. You are doing so well already.
    Fast Day for me today as well. Foxy thinking of you and hoping that we will get through today’s fast just well.
    FC, its funny about chills as I did not fast yesterday, but I was extremely cold last night and it is still continuing. I kinda like the chills now as it feels that my body is working to loose weight (I know its silly 🙂 )

Planned to drink up iced teas and herbal teas through out the day and will have tofu and veggie soup cooked in homemade Thai style stock for dinner with salad.

GG, hope you are enjoying your time with your family. You are so sweet to still log in and check wat’s happening here 🙂

Fast Day today and Friday , let’s roll it…. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Good morning everyone!

Yes FB I am off on our fast too today….still only 8am over here in the west, so just been working out my cals for the day….going to have a home made vegie quiche & salad for lunch, plus a fresh boost style juice….I am really into them atm and hubby loves too….so going to make a watermelon, carrot, beetroot, celery one with some fresh ginger & mint yum…..then I’m going to lash out and buy some whiting to have for dinner with salad…

I really admire all you ladies who have issues with back problems, mobility, thyroid etc…..you are a real inspiration the way you achieve what you can, stick to your goals and just get on with life and doing 5:2 as well. I realise how lucky I am to be able to walk my dog and work in my garden….I have a few aches and pains, but really nothing to complain about…

I’m not going to make this a huge post…..just wish everyone a great day with whatever they are doing! 🙂

Aternoon all!, Let Sydney at 5.30am this morning to drive 3 1/2 hours to the south coast of New South Wales to a town called Huskisson which is on the coast. Across the road from my cousin’s home is the beach, which is 5 kilometers long with white sand & again crystal jade blue sea.The water was refreshingly warm to swim in, a cool on shore breeze. I leave one paradise (my home on the north coast) to come to another paradise on the south coast.I am looking so forward to doing plenty of sand walking over the next 3 days….. I will have taut glutes & a firmer tush.

Hi Lacey ,great to have you back… BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your loss. You must be beaming .

Wishing you all a easy fasting day tomorrow…….. GO GAL

Another fast day done and dusted :)… They certainly are getting easier and tbh I could have gone with out dinner tonight (breakfast was pre 5am) but my little piece of steak was pretty tasty with some chilli and garlic carrots and zucchini and salsa…..

I remember a bit ago how people were saying that having a piece of fruit makes them hungrier, well that’s due to the sugar content in them so if you have your piece of fruit with a couple of almonds (or other nuts/protein) you will find it won’t make you as hungry 🙂 my lil tip for the day.

Off to bed now, another early start tomorrow 🙂

Good luck to all those fasting tomorrow!!

10.3kg down!!!!!!!!!!! Huge happy dance today!! Defiantly going to get to my goal of 110 by Christmas as that is only another 1.3kg to go, maybe I need to revise it to 105 :O lol …. Almost can’t wait til I finnish my current job so I can get exercising a bit more, though I love my exercise – I have just a few horses who need to come back into work….

Good luck to all fasting today, you can do it!!

Good Morning All

And happy dance for you Laceyvi, you have done soooooooo well. Good thinking on adjusting that goal. You can definitely do it. You have proved it yourself. Happy dappy dooooo…:-)

GG, wow “crystal jade blue sea” sounds very inviting for a swim. Hmm difficult to find such a beach in Melbourne. I work right on Docklands and water is hardly ever slightest of blue here. Enjoy your time away in a new paradise 🙂

CG hope you are feeling better and that nerve block thing is working for you. really happy that you are enjoying the company of your son 🙂

Another fast day done yesterday (finished at 400 cals), and I ended up making Thai veggie soup for dinner. I must say that I am getting better at soups and this one was oh so delicious. OH had a bowl of Thai soup too and said that he can do 5:2 as well, if it means to have delish soups every day..LOL

I will be fasting again tomorrow and maybe Sunday as well. Foxy, hoping that you had an easy fast day yesterday.

All those fasting today, good luck and well done in advance. WE CAN DO IT WITH AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!

Good morning team, another fast day is upon us again, don’t they come around quickly? Each time is another cleansing, another detox, another drop on the scales…..we hope!Well done Lucey, keep up the good work. We all are doing so well since we started our 5:2 journey, we have all learnt so much from each other and so very very concious of what we eat. Our guilts nag us when we know we have over indulged and we are all relieved when it only shows up a few grams on the scales. Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION keeps us honest with ourselves and because we have come so far we know WE CAN DO IT. Have a great day team, don’t be too hard on yourself, keep the fluids going, often hunger pangs are just thirst!………CG xx

Hi all

Laceyvi

You are like my 5 2 twin I have being going since mid September lost 10.5kg. Now 111.5kg.

My immediate goal is to go under 110 by Christmas. Weigh in day tomorrow.

Have new work pants on today a bit tight as a reminder. Normal size 18 not the bigger section 18. Yippee

Trying the no brekky thing this morning hungry already I usually have boiled egg. Hang out for for soup at lunch. May be a long morning. I like the idea of no brekky in any morning as that’s when I crave carbs ie cereal, as we have been trained since we were kids.

Off to work

Have a great fast day

Morning AUSSIE DETERMINATORS.
    CG – Hope your feeling better, and the block is working.
    BALI & LACEY-Girls be sooo very proud of yourselves. Get that song “HAPPY” dance and sing too it.WELL DONE YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!
    FB- I am giving you a new title “QUEEN OF SOUP”!

I will look forward to my weigh in tomorrow. After sand walking twice yesterday and this morning .Oscar my Bischon 2yr old dog is exhausted. The sand here is soooooo white. Be good to yourselves today those of you that are fasting. See you tomorrow at the weigh in ………GO GAL

Good morning one and all! Beautiful morning here in Albany, up at 5am for walk with dog….I live in a semi rural area with lots of trees, bush and birds….love it!

As I fasted yesterday, I am going to put my weigh in day early…..so here goes today’s weight 75.7!! Woo hoo…..interestingly I first weighed when I got up at 5am, went to loo etc…and I was 76….then went for walk, did some chores and at end of fast, 7 am….75.7….so I’m taking it!
    November stats:

SW 77.1 GW 75 CW 75.7 Lost 1.4 (67%) 27/11/14

FB my fast day went really well….I’m not sure if I will be fasting Friday as I’m staying at my sisters tonight and she wants to cook me breakfast…I think I’ll do Saturday though as I’m sure we will do some eating and drinking tonight as we remember our mum x

Laceyvi & Bali….wow 10 kgs each…..I am so impressed, especially as you have only been going since mid September….you really can be the terrific twins and meet your goals sooner than you think 🙂

Have a great fast all those fasting today, keep up your AUSSIE DETERMINATION as we are THE AWESOME ONES!!!!

Hi Team,

Fasted Monday & Wednesday – weighed in this morning at 88 kg so down 0.7 kg from 2 weeks ago (didn’t weigh myself last week and fasted only once last week).

So down 4.3 kg since the start of October. Gotta be happy with that!

All the best to those fasting today

Hi FOXY & ANDREW…….FOX…. ONLY 700grm left to 75kgs & YOU HAVE DONE IT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    ANDREW…..BEACH BOY…You must be happy with your loss after your hectic preparations with the play . CONGRATULATIONS!
    AUSSIE DETERMINATION IS A AWESOME WINNER…..GO GAL

I love watching the progress of our team and especially the joy team members share when others have such great results, congratulations to you all…..CG xx

Congratulations Bali2015, AndrewofC and Foxy….
    I promise I am doing the cheer leader dance for all of you here. Maybe this will get me loose some as well. Ha haha haa
    This is the beauty of this thread, we help each other unknowingly.

GG, LOL “Soup queen” I think I will click a picture of myself with a cup of soup in hand and a tiara on head. LOL

Its only Thursday and good news started to flow in, hopefully Friday will be good to all others as well (including myself 😉 )

Foxy that’s the beauty of 5:2, we can enjoy the special moments if we want, gotta love it!!! And You have almost met the target of being at 75 kilos by 15 Dec, woo hoooooooo

I am going to continue with my dancing for you all!!!

Just joining this group. I have been doing this for about 4 weeks now and have lost a couple of kilos. I imagine I shall keep this up as it isn’t too hard at all. Any idea on the average weight loss per week? I seem to be fluctuating a bit. Started at 76 kilos and was 73.4 today but it goes up a bit from that some days. Fasting today and hoping to hit under 73 soon.I need to see a drop to keep me positive.

Hi and welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION. We all progress at different paces. We are all on this journey for the long haul. You will definately keep losing but it is not a quick fix diet. The 5:2 is a way of life and a training on a way of eating. Your loss already in such a short time is very good and you will reach your goal in no time, how often do you fast per week? Some of our team fast 3 or even 4 days some weeks to move just an extra few grams but as our bodies are all different you find out what works for you. If you watch your intake on non fast days as well, of course you will lose weight, I hope this has been of some help, you can read the newbies forum too for extra ideas……CG

Philip Hughes, such a sad loss to the cricketing world, one so young. Thoughts are with his family and team members…….CG

Hey uptightoutasight! Love the name. Sounds more interesting than… Marelda… I might close this account and start a new one under Reldz!

I used to call myself ‘thefirebreathingdragonlady’! Now I’m more like ‘Ghandi’. Well, almost!

Did strength exercises at gym this morning and the ten minutes HIT on the bike later at home. Feeling almost high, but have to stay strong. Shops after school pick up…

Date night tonight, but I’m sticking with the 500cals. For the day. Kind of looking forward to the challenge.

Sorry if I’ve waffled a bit. Hope fast days are going well. Cheers. Reldz

I think i am doing something wrong, third week of fasting, no weight loss, felt terrible today, bad headache.. Been drinking lots of water.. Maybe its cos i do consecutive fasting days? Anyway i havent given up yet, gonna read the book, i only read some and saw the doco. Maybe swap to non-consecutive days..
    Anyway its been a blah day today… I look forward to having more positive news sometime soon

Hi Robbie, don’t be disheartened. Do you count your calorie intake on non fasting days? You did join my fitness pal, that usually gives 1200 cals recommended per day which is probably too low for you but also go by your TDEE and try to eat lower than that. If you are sticking to 500 cals on fast days and drink lots of no cal liquids, teas etc you should be losing something. I rarely have breakfast any day other than weekends, fast days are leafy salads with either a boiled egg or some tuna, dinner is an omelette of spinach, mushrooms, a bit a fetta made with 2 whole eggs, all well under 500 cals and I’m not at all hungry. Stick with it, keep an eye on normal day eating, it’s not as normal as you think. Let us know how you go……..CG xxx

Robbie, just another question, has anyone else used your scales and checked THEIR weight, maybe your scales are on the blink, they are not expensive to buy, the ones which show grams, and it does give you some incentive…..just a thought……..CG xx

Hi Robbie, chin up and don’t feel too down. CG might be onto something about the scales. At the start, I was using old mechanical scales with the rotary dial thingy and they always returned 94kg. So I bought a new digital scales and they said I was 80kg – even more insane. That was when I stopped using them on carpet and started using them on a flat, level surface (embarrassing but true story).

Have to say you are one tough cookie doing consecutive fast days. I wouldn’t be able to do it.

Do have a read of the book. Lots of sensible advice from Michael and Mimi in there.

Most important – you are not alone – I think most of us here have had times of headaches and feeling blah and not losing weight and reading other peoples’ success stories and wondering what we are doing wrong – I certainly felt like that many times.

With you all the way Robbie

Hi all

Today no brekky had pumpkin soup lunch. Interesting that I felt really light headed about 9.30am. Had a coffee felt better pushed through to lunch. A cup of cherries late afternoon chicken large salad dinner about 400 calories very hungry now a bit low in calories. Just playing around a bit with the food.

Not going to blow it now

I big drink of water and off to bed for an early night.

Cannot wait for everybodies results for Friday weigh in.

Hi all!

wow everyone seems to be doing really well! Well done, keep it going!

Robbie, a colleague of my mothers started 5:2 about 6 weeks ago, hasn’t lost a gram but her old clothes already start to fit her again. Maybe changes are happening to you that you don’t notice yet. I know it’s frustrating but I believe it will be worth it! For headaches, have you tried adding some extra salt to your diet on FDs? I used to get terrible headaches, turns out just eating a tiny bit of salt 3 times a day got rid of them. I rarely have headaches anymore on FDs. When I only did consecutive days, I often felt worse on the second day because on FDs, you use the energy you gathered the day before to keep going. If you only had 500kcal the day before, you might feel a bit weaker/not as bad-ass as Day 1 of Fasting. Try some salt throughout the day next time (just a tad) and see if it works.

Foxy, you’re almost there! You’re doing it!

Wow, Andrew, our theatre man, copngratulations, you are kicking some FD arse 🙂

I stepped on the scales this morning, expecting a gain because my FD is today and I had a degustation of Spanish cheeses and cured hams with white baguette yesterday (and don’t mention the pineapple pie O_o) but I weighed in at 64.6. Which is 400g down from last Friday. I’m going to go bowling with some kids (and their dad) today. We’re riding our bikes there, so in combination with the FD, I wonder if I’ll be able to knock off some more weight by weigh-day tomorrow. I think the logging all calories really made me cut down on treats last week, maybe I’ll do it every other week, to keep myself in check.

Bought loads of veggies at market yesterday, I think I’ll just randomly wok some. The sprouts were finally looking decent so I think it’ll be a type of sprouts wok dish today.

Keep doing it, you guys, we’re all getting there!

FC you have done so well with your over all weight loss. You are a real inspiration to us all, congratulations. Thank you for sharing from your experiences too, we all need help with day to day issues which affect our journey from time to time. Enjoy all the fresh veggies and your bike ride and bowling, all very healthy. I only wish my mobility was a bit easier, but I do what I can, my body lets me know when I over do things, just daily chores sometimes. I just hope in time if this surgery ever eventuates, I’ll be as active as I ever was. Take care……CG xx

Thanks everyone,
    Yeah Andrew i thought about getting some digital scales, mine are the old dial ones..
    I wont give up, i did tonight though, still way below my tdde, but not a fast day, i will try and do one this week, otherwise i will just start over next week.
    Its so encouraging to hear about everyones different experiences and the life struggles that either help or hinder our 5:2 journey.
    I think when i have these 500 days and nothing changes it just makes me question why i bother, but i have to factor in that i just had a little procedure that has stopped me from going to water aerobics, been on antibiotics for weeks, and the monthly visitor (sorry to the blokes, but its a bloating factor) and you cant expect miracles in three weeks!

Well, I couldn’t resist food at the shops on date night…. But I enjoyed the waffle and ice cream! Try again tomorrow. I’ll fill up on veges…. I’m not giving up. I’m not giving up.

Flemish Curves I’m holding onto what you say about clothes fitting better even if the scales say nothing. I’m sure I am having water retention issues…. maybe too much oestrogen??? I’m also sure my scales are having mood swings too! Think they’ve moved up and down about three kg this week! Time for a new set. One that has grams on it too. Some one mentioned that in an earlier post.

CG, feeling for you with what sounds like constant pain. Take care.

Night night. Reldz.

Just think of it as a very low cal regular day, Robbie, then it’s a victory and not a fail. You’re a real trooper for keeping at it. I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say we all admire your determination to keep going even without the thrill of the weight loss. You should be very proud of yourself for that and eventually it will happen.

CG, for me, reading success stories on this board really helped me when I was on a plateau or gained so I am very happy to share my journey, especially when it didn’t go very well. Even though I took the most loosy goosy approach in the beginning, I still managed to get where I am today. I think it’s good for everyone to get reminded on a regular basis that not losing anything one week or eating a bit much on the weekend or giving in on 1 FD isn’t going to sabotage your end results. I’m the perfect example of that, I was a lot less mindful of my regular days and here I am. You will all get where you want to go, I am certain. IT’s just a very nice little community to come home to (especially on FDs) and we have you to thank for that. So thank you. You’re really the inspiration here and even though you can’t always move around as much as you want to, you don’t let that get in the way. Thank you for being such a positive presence on these boards, it’s very much appreciated.

Hi everyone, long time, no chat 🙂 I’ve have been working some pretty insane hours lately as one of my staff is on 3 weeks leave. In the last fortnight I have managed to rack up 116 hour lol. This week is looking no better.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with all the posts. I wish these threads were formatted like Facebook where you can see everyone’s comments under individual posts – it would make it so much easier to catch up. I hope the journey is going well for everyone and no doubt with all the support on this thread everyone will be keeping their head above water with all the care that is handed out so generously.

I just read a couple of emails in my inbox, which although I should be in bed as I have to start at 7am again on Friday, I thought it was worthwhile throwing in my two cents worth.

The ones that particularly caught me eye was people worrying about the scales. Weight fluctuates every day doesn’t it so even though it is nice to see a downward trend I wouldn’t concern myself too much if you have gained or not lost at all. Even if you consumed 5000 calories a day for a week there is no conceivable way that you can put on a kg of fat in that time. It takes time to put it on and time to take it off.

I thought it might be worthwhile posting this link that talks about why the scales don’t always tell the truth as it might be of solace, and perhaps interest, to some who are experience scale depression 🙁 https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-the-scales-dont-tell-the-truth/

I’m still plugging along using the scales, as I track every day to see where, how and why I fluctuate – I find it so interesting, along with tape measure and old clothes. Finished week 9 and 7kg down including a 300g gain this week but then again I don’t put my entire faith in the scales. Fitting back into my size 12 duds and lost 28cm overall (not from the one place of course lol).

Enjoy what remains of the week lovely people and have a wonderful weekend. It’s nice to read the emails when they come through even if I can’t always find the time or energy to get onto the thread and read and post to everyone individually. Even though I don’t post regularly I am thinking of you all and how you are faring.

I am off to bed as an early start and Thurs was my fast day and I have made it a liquid fast so if I don’t hit the hay soon I will so be tempted to eat something and I only have 7 hours to go to make it a full 36hr no food fast so I don’t want to mess it up.

Take care and stay safe. Cheers, Tania

Hi all

Happy weigh in day today I am down 500 grams fro the week taking weight drop off is 10.8kg. Notice weight drop off its never coming back.

Hope everyone’s happy with their week

Good luck

Love this way of life

Morning from the beautiful south coast of NSW.
    ROBBIE-Please do not become discouraged. The weight loss will happen !I was only thinking back to the doco on 5:2 Michael Mosley on the outside was not overweight, he was of average build…. however , on the inside ,a different matter.
    He was boarderline type 2 diabetic,with a mid range cholesterol level if memory serves me right.WE are all here to give you all the support and encouragement on this journey. That metabolism of ours that has been sooooo sluggish for so long needs an overhaul to get started which is what is happening.Before I lost any weight I noticed my slacks were lose in the waist, then after a 14days of 5:2 the needle on the scales moved.Keep being determined.

MY WEIGH IN TODAY….. 76.2kgs A total loss over 10wks of 6kgs
    its happening .
    Hope you all have pleasing results today………… GO GAL

Hi everyone
    I’m continuing to yoyo. Gained a kilo last week but lost it this week. Total of 5.3 kg loss. Congrats to all

Morning team, 86.0k this morning, a bit up from last week but still, 8k down in 9.5 weeks of 5.2. No excuses needed for the small gain which means less of a loss over all, other than the extra cals eating out with my son, but well worth the precious time together. My goal is to get to 85 k by next weigh in. I doubt I’ll do extra fasts, just be mindful of my normal days eating, I know I CAN DO IT, I know it’s a slow process with me as I only do 5:2 which I find very doable, but I’m not zig zagging with just doing 5:2 I seem to think doing extra fasts would increase my ” ups” when eating normally. I eat below my TDEE and find I’m never hungry. It’s the times when the munchies take over in the evenings which I battle, especially when having a whiskey and zero coke!
    My AUSSIE DETERMINATION is maintaining my want of healthy food and I rarely crave carbs, at this time of year Summer fruits are a plenty and I just love ’em. I usually always have avocado with my salads but it doesn’t seem to make any difference to my cal intake. My salads are still healthier than bread and heaps of butter sandwiches. Have a great day team, be kind to yourself, don’t be hard on yourself if the scales don’t say what you want, your still on the right track, you are so much better off than you were 2-3 months ago!……..CG xxx

Howdy everyone
    Feeling very positive this weigh in morning… YEE HAA …I have had some major changes to my personal life this week that some would call a miracle. It has lifted a lot of the stress that I have been experiencing.As I have been in serious/survival mode for sometime. So you may see the funny side of me yet! As well as the lighter side!

I had to measure myself a few times this morning as I couldn’t believe my eyes. I have lost 4cm of my hips and 3cm of my waist this week.This is week 10 and I have lost 6.5kg and 25cm all over. My shape is definitely changing….FOR THE BETTER!! My health and outlook on life have been the ultimate goal.

The support on AUSSIE DETERMINATION is fantastic.I agree with FLEMISHCURVES that CG has created a place we can all feel safe coming to.COUNTRYGAL I wish that your pain becomes a distant memory.

Tannybear thanks for the link..I am going to read it over and over again…it will sink in eventually!

I am off to find my funny bone…now where did I leave it? Veggie

Morning everyone. A little 100g gain for me this week, but not overly worried, as last week was a big loss (for me). I usually lose very slowly.
    Good luck everybody.
    Oh, I don’t know if you all get the MFP newsletters in your emails, but this one looked interesting….with summer and partying coming up
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/11/the-truth-about-alcohol-5-tips-for-smarter-holiday-sips/?utm_source=MFP&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_20141124&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRons63KZKXonjHpfsX64ugoUKezh4kz2EFye%2BLIHETpodcMTcpqPa%2BTFAwTG5toziV8R7DBLM153N8QXRTg

FC, thankyou for the lovely comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to say what you did. My hope above anything was to “grow” a community of like minded people willing to share and support each other on our 5:2 journey. It has grown beyond my wildest dreams. It is a ” home” where we can all go to be amongst people who UNDERSTAND what each and everyone of us is going through. We are all excited and feel genuine joy for any good news on someones weight loss and we all feel for each other when times get a bit tough or disappointing. Your inspiring journey is a lesson in itself so again, thankyou for sharing it with us. Enjoy your day team, whatever you do……CG

Woo hoo! Well done everyone on your losses this week, and for those that the scales didn’t go down for…..you know that you are getting other benefits from 5:2 and KEEP ON GOING as soon you will get results!

Same same for me this week, if not a little more… But, am feeling sore in a good way after work out yesterday and no (more than usual) back pain. Gotta be good. 🙂

Hi all!

64.7 this morning. Which is 100g more than yesterday morning but 300g less than last week so this was a great week for me. It’s kind of funny, Thursday isn’t usually my skinniest day of the week. 2.2kg to go, which is about as much as I’ve lost since early October, so I may get there early/mid January, if the Holidays don’t get in the way lol.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Golly FC, you have done so well, congratulations, I bet you can’t get the smile off your face when you think back to your beginning, well done!…….CG xx

Hi all, been a while since I last posted. I have been on three weeks holidays, just at home but really enjoyed the rest and relaxation! (And plenty of eating!!!!!!) I was home with my hubbie, who is also doing 5:2. I can’t wait to get back to work, now I hardly ever say that!! But the reason behind that is that my “diet” has been pretty well sabotaged!! The first week was out for restaurant meals with friends, out of town shopping with nice lunches! And my hubbie home for lunches, he like a decent lunch, where as I would settle for a cruskit or similar, so I have been eating more than I need!!!! I have virtually no will power where food is concerned. I have kept up with my fast days, so I wonder what I would have gained if I hadn’t kept them up!!! So after my three weeks off work I have gone backwards to my weight of a month ago. I have still lost over 5kg but the last month has been a waste of my time…. So I can’t wait to get back to the routine of daily work! lunch on my own! And more weight loss!!!

Thanks to everyone who gave encouragement to me this week, GoGal, countrygirl, Flemish, andrew.. And anyone i might have forgotten. Its good to have place to come and talk about downers, and up days too.
    For me i am just not going anywhere near the scales for a few weeks, it just gets me down…
    One thing i have definitely noticed is that i dont want to eat as much as i used to, tonight i had a craving for some garlic bread, a few weeks ago i would have demolished nearly the whole thing but tonight i just had a couple of slices and i dont want anymore.. So thats good!
    So Koktango even though you had a few weeks off you probably ate a bit less than you would have before, even if there was more ‘naughty’ food on the menu!
    Having a small amount of food on fast days makes me appreciate taste more and volume less (can i market that slogan?)
    Have a great weekend everyone

Evening all faithful Determined Aussies – it’s been good to read up on all the posts. I’ve had a plateau kind of week (small loss of 200gm) but otherwise all good. I’ll be away for the next 3 weeks traveling in South East Asia so won’t be fasting, but it’s not a place I ever put on weight! I won’t be checking in for a while as WiFi will be intermittent so Good Luck to everyone for the push up to Christmas, with extra strength through all those silly season parties.
    Cheers, Ensitu.

Hallo, it’s the end of my first week.. Well actually zero week of 5:2. I started out with good intentions but ended up exceeding every day. But I am not deterred from it. What I learned this week was valuable to me. for the first time I actually tracked all the food I ate this week and hence am able to see a pattern in it. So now I know when I am a good gal and other times degenerate into a naughty greedy piggy. So this weekend I can plan ahead and try to be better. 🙂
    Have a great weekend ahead!!!

Hi French! Did you get a bit of a fright when you started logging everything? I know I was surprised about the calories in certain foods. Bread was a kicker to me. I’m glad I started doing that. I used to be so deadset against counting calories, I think I was just in denial of how much I was eating, I didn’t want to know. Glad I’m ont he other side now.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.