Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 14,786 total)

• Morning Team. A big welcome to FRENCHGINGER.
    WE have found that My FITNESS PAL does not cater for 5:2. Work your TDEE out from the FAST Diet recommendation.
    The “BOOK”advises that on Fast days that you cut your TDEE to 1/3 …. for example IF your TDEE is 1800 c als ,you have 600cals for that day. THE “BOOK “says also 500cals for women & 600cals for men. Once you have been doing 5:2 for a few weeks, you will find what works for you. Your body will never go into STARVATION MODE that just does not happen. It’s normal to feel cold , have difficulty sleeping & the tummy grumbles. Always drink plenty of fluid , green tea, black tea /coffee . I have my coffee with milk in the morning ,then go black the rest of the day
    The less calories you have ,the less weight you will gain.

The team will always be here to help with any questions you have. We are a very motivated group. Support is never far away with AUSSIE DETERMINATION.. YOU CAN DO IT…… ENJOY THE JOURNEY WITH US…….GO GAL

Good morning team on this glorious Sunday morning, the weather is just the best at the moment but as Aussie we know it will get so much hotter to where we need to hibernate inside after lunch ( in front of the cricket yahoo) to stay out of the heat.
    Frenchginger, on my fitness pal, tap the chiefs cap logo, on the side of your app, log in each item of your recipe, it will calculate the cals per recipe, also check the how to videos on the app to learn how to use it, it is all self explanitary.
    Fast day approaches for most of us again tomorrow, another body system cleansing coming up. I have been buying in a few xmas treats, but unfortunately, eating the damn stuff too! No self control, I love the continental biscuits around at the moment, Aldi have a lot of yummy German things in stock, very hard to resist, NOTE TO SELF; buy no more Xmas treats!
    Have a wonderful day no matter what you choose to do with it, a few wines out on my front deck with an ipad book sounds good to me!…..CG xxx

Hi GG, we did it again,! Have a happy day xxxx

Frenchginger, GG meant cut your fast day to 1/4 of your daily cals, just a typo when she said 1/3. The average female is expected to eat 2000 cals per day making it 500 cals on fasting day. No matter what our TDEE is, most of us have 500 cals on fasting days and it still works for us all. You become very aware of what you eat on normal days and tend to cut out junk and lower your cals intake without really thinking about, which in turn helps you lose wright due to the lower intake over the week. YOU CAN DO IT, the confusion will go and you’ll be a natural, it is very easy, just eat normally on non fast days, limit fatty foods and foods YOU KNOW are not good for you, then stick to salads, soups or stirfries on fast days, I’m sure you will work it out…..CG xx

SO SORRY for the confusion……Huge typo….. Thank you CG… it is 1/4 of your daily cals…… in my baking yesterday most measurements where 1/3 …… please excuse my SENIOR MOMENT……GO GAL

Good Morning Beautiful People
    Very wise words CG and GG.
    Welcome Frenchginger, I guess others have already answered most of your questions. 21 kgs in a year is doable or not? I know what you mean as my ultimate goal is to loose 20 kgs in total too, of which I have lost 7.5 kgs in 7 weeks πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    However, I would suggest setting up 3 monthly or monthly goals, for eg: 2 kgs a month.
    Now, that sounds more doable, right??? When you will start the monthly loss will probably be more than 2 months, however when you get near to your goal, monthly loss may get less than 2 kilos, so it will all average out in the end. Then, you will have birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and so on throughout the year and you want to live your life too. So, who cares if you end up loosing 19 kilos in a year and not 21 kilos. Once you start loosing, you will realise that journey is more important than the goal as this 5 2 journey will change your perspective towards food in a good way.

I dont want to sound like a lecturer, but I am 33 years, 156 cms (just realised I am shorter by 2 cms πŸ™ ) and currently 77 kgs. My ultimate goal is 65 kgs and my midways goal is to get to 70 kgs before I go on holidays In March. When I started this journey, I was desperate to loose 14.5 kilo (start weight was 84.5kg on 4 oct 14) by March. Now, I think, even if I end up loosing 12 kilos by then, it doesn’t really matter as long as I feel good and confident. So, to sum up, I am enjoying this WOL and my journey is very enjoyable with this group/thread.

And dont worry about long posts, we like reading your experiences.

And re TDEE, my TDEE is 1800 cals, however I stick to MFP TDEE of 1200 cals on non fast days and 500 cals on fast days. (I have been doing 4:3) 1200 cals on non fast days help me, coz that leaves me some extra calories to indulge once in a week or fortnight. Works for me. Start experimenting and soon you will know what works for you.

And , update from me.
    I started skipping yesterday and ended up doing 500 reps (stopping every 100 reps). WHATTTTTT???

I used to do 50 reps and my tongue would come out like a dog, but 500 reps was so good, so this proves that 5 2 has helped me attain better fitness levels as well. This means that I can try to start running again. I will start slowly to see how my body reacts as I need to be careful due to my heart condition.

My body is very sore with that skipping and especially the cramps on stomach and thighs prove that skipping really is an overall body workout πŸ™‚

I am going to take a rest day today and try my luck on treadmill tomorrow….

FB you are doing so well, we are all very proud for you, you must have a lovely smile on your face every day, keep up the good work and especially the great posts, we have all noticed such a change in your attitude and confidence, your family will wonder ” who is this strange slim confident stranger” just tell ’em AUSSIE DETERMINATION did it! …….CG

HEY my “MY LITTLE FB” Mumma is VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
    CG ,if you could only see a pic of our girl ……like I have, she is beautiful looking . She has become a flower in full bloom.
    As you said CG the change in her is awesomely noticable…….GO GAL xxxx

Wow FB, that’s amazing. Did you just do 500 reps out of the blue? Damn girl, work!

I started adding some exercises to get some more booty to my tummy exercises I started doing. Losing weight is great but I must make sure I don’t lose my curves lol. They are so easy to do but I really had to work to get through that. Goes to show that some of my muscles are very trained but others I apparently don’t use at all.

I had ragoΓ»t and croquettes today. I ate 6 and I still feel like I’m busting at the seams. Also, I didn’t cook myself and I swear, the salt that must’ve been in there, I’ve been dehydrated all night. It’s like I haven’t had a drop of water all day. It’s keeping me awake a bit.

And FG, I agree with FB, once you’re in the middle of your journey, you’ll care less about the absolute numbers (even though you wouldn’t say that, by the Friday weigh-in chats on here lmao am I right, girls?), because you’ll feel better about yourself anyway.

When you say continental, does that mean European like when British people say continental, CG? I love all the new regionally determined vocab I’m learning. So many useful reasons to bein this thread.

Hi FC it usually relates to anything from Europe or foreign to our region, Australia is an awful long way from anywhere, ( fortunately) but Aldi sell a lot of German stock which is decadent to say the least and very moorish (Aldi is a German super market making a big difference and competition to our usual supermarkets) and they are so much cheaper…..have a great day….CG xx

Fun fact: when in English people say about someone/someting inferior ‘he/it’s a poor man’s *insert person object that’s similar but better*’, in Dutch we say ‘he/it’s *insert object/person that is similar but better* from Aldi’ because it’s so cheap.

Like when people talk about Scorsese movies, they might say ‘DiCaprio is a poor man’s Deniro’, in Dutch we’d say, ‘DiCaprio is the Deniro from Aldi’.

Is Aldi new with you guys?

Yeah, been going for a few years now but slowly spreading to all towns, ours only opened approx 6 weeks ago, I used to drive 45 mins to get to the closest, that was well worth it though, I”d stock up for weeks, but, finding room in the pantry and freezers wasn’t fun!

Afternoon all lovely day in sunny Geelong today.

Just back from doing 6km walk in run geelong. I did it in 1 hour 20 I walked with someone else who walked a bit slower. Next year run 6kms, I might plan to run at my pace. It’s a fundraiser for the local hospital special care nursery. Over 12,000 compete. Fun community day with exercise. Raising Over 1 million dollars. Even had a chat with Joel Selwood for those who like AFL and follow the Geelong Cats was bit of fun.

Anyway quiet afternoon.

Monday fast I am going to skip breakfast what never done before. Will take a salad and a boiled egg for lunch. Work day see how that goes. Love how this program is adaptable.

As for fitness pal I changed the settings so I got my BMR I do not go over that. A lot of the working out will not be perfect for home meals but close enough. My TDEE is about 2300 calories I don’t need that much.

Yesterday nearly ate a chocolate muffin looked on packaging 485 calories. Didn’t eat it, before this would have been gone in a second.

That’s your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kicking in, wonderful how it works, when least expected, had the same happen a few weeks back, driving home from hospital with my Son he offered to buy me a wrap at Maccas, healthy he assured me, I checked on my iphone, WOW, a days cals in one of them, I saw his, they look like raw dough! All AUSSIE DETERMINATION yahooooo! …….CG

Just had to share this…. We have just returned from the beach , The water was this incredible jade blue colour , crystal clear. We where sitting on the sand, when suddenly ohhhhhs!!!! began ,there were 8 dolphins body surfing in the wave breaks …… it was magical to watch.

How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful diverse country, our nature is astounding! Well done GG, just makes your day doesn’t it?….CG

Hello everybody πŸ™‚
    Just had a sweltering day with a bit of refreshing rain comming through now.
    I am finding that, with all the Christmas parties starting early this year, I am adjusting my fast days every week. My normal days have been Monday and Thursday with weigh in on Friday mornings but I am adamant Im not going to slip up over the Christmas/New Year feasting so I have decided to plan each week as it comes and alocate two days that are not party days. I wont however do two consecutive fast days. Does anybody do consecutive days?
    So, in this 42 degree heat I did my first fast for the week. I have consumed so far a total of 200 calories (I cant talk in kj) so I have plenty of room for my 20 calorie jelly and some strawberries.
    I did put on a kilo last week but Im not worried…I am also preparing myself for Christmas weight gain.
    thanks for the chat…my jelly awaits.

Hi all, quite a weekend. The play I mentioned earlier opened Friday night in Kyneton with performances Friday & Saturday nights and a Sunday matinee. Very well received by audiences thus far. Food has been the last thing on my mind – biggish (unhealthy) breakfasts Friday and Saturday, then no food at all until after the performances (to guard against IBS attacks) then baked beans on toast well after midnight. Sunday (2 pm matinee) no food until about 10 pm.

Fast day tomorrow to try and mend some of the damage. One of the things that really rankled was that we had to change some of the dialogue because it talked about my character being skinny – so my being overweight means we are not 100% true to the playwright’s original vision. I know it is seems a small thing but it hurts a bit.

I am 52 and playing a 79 year old so an hour of makeup before each show. The evil hairdresser decided the easiest way of sorting out my hair was to completely bleach all the colour out and then comb in a grey mousse before each performance. The grey mousse looks perfect on stage but it means that outside of the theatre, I am left looking like the world’s oldest and fattest Beach Boy πŸ˜€

This week I will fast Monday and Wednesday and weigh in Thursday morning. Tuesday is my insane long day in Melbourne which includes the breakfast meeting at maccas. Even crazier this time is lunch with the team at a Lebanese restaurant. Just hope my car’s seatbelt will be able to extend out far enough for the trip home.

Final performances Friday and Saturday nights. It is a rather sad play dealing with things like growing old, loneliness and suicide but it does end of a very hopeful note.

Hope you all don’t mind that I have ranged off topic here and there. Have a great week all

Well Andrew you gave had a busy weekend, sounding rather successful though. Good luck with your fast day tomorrow. I’m looking forward to mine tomorrow and Thursday. We live in Margaret River South of WA and we had a busy weekend as my daughter and new hubby came to visit so they could go to the gourmet foodie festival here. My son had just moved back to town this weekend to be with his girlfriend therefore we had dinner out on Friday night and lots of yummy food going around all weekend. But NO MORE Haha well at least for tomorrow.
    I’m going to get a menu idea for tomorrow off one of my 5:2 pinterest pages and try that out.
    I weighed in on Friday morning and the results were 78.5 from my original 82 last Monday. I’m a bit worried that will rise when I weighin on tuesday morning but I’m keeping a steady head with the numbers and as long as I maintain a 1 kg loss per week I’ll be very happy. The last of my 4 children moved out this year to Perth to go to pastry college so hubby and I are off to Europe next May and I’m hoping to be at my goal weight of 65kgs by then.
    I’m sure this is achievable with 5:2.
    5 2 luvin life I wonder if doing the consecutive days leaves too many days of eating up your sleeve where as leaving at least a day pops your mind at tummy into gear for fasting mode which I have found carries over to nonfast days and stops you consuming as many calories as you normally would. Hope that makes sense. You must be in Sydney as we just had friends visit this weekend and they were quite happy to leave the 42 degrees behind.
    Just read your post again and you are not doing consecutive. Well I think that’s wise:)

Fat buster….awesome skipping prowess! Great for all round fitness. And thanks for the update on you figures they are really motivation for us newbies.
    Foxy glad you had a lovely thai dinner, anniversaries are really worth celebrating.
    Happy healthy fasting for Monday fasters
    ciao for now

Hey Andrew….Glad the play was well received. I still love the Beach Boys ,. Brian Wilson still does it for me .Once you are back to a normal routine all will be fine, Your AUSSIE DETERMINATION is strong. We are here to support you!

To those that are fasting .. Don’t forget your fluids today ,we are in for some hot days. All the best …….GO GAL

Good morning team. The temps are still up so making it very easy to keep up with the fluids, I tend to struggle a bit when it’s cooler other than black teas or soups. To those doing the fast be good to yourselves, no need to starve, a good healthy salad with a hard boiled egg or some meat is very easy and satisfying and salads are ” cheap” in cals to bulk up and again for dinner or a stirfry, plenty of veg and even tofu or prawns, chicken or a bit of pork, our choices are endless. It gets easier with every fast you know YOU CAN DO IT and you have all seen the results. Your Monday fast gives your weekend splurge the kick in the butt and all is forgiven! Don’t you just love this WOL and WOE, so very clever and very very doable, just one day! Then back to ” normal” If your sweet tooth needs a kick, make up some diet jelly with a blob of low fat yoghurt or a few strawberries ( if eating fruit on fast days) AUSSIE DETERMINATION is our saving grace to watch the scales drop and the tape measure shrink….well done Andrew, hard slog for you but your doing well, have a great day one and all, post for support, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Take care…..CG xx

Gooooood Morning All
    Its fast day…. yeah, my spirits are high, why???
    After reading these encouraging posts here. CG, thanksssssss heaps, I am surely going to tell everyone and scream as much as I can that “AUSSIE DETERMINATION did it.”

Go Gal, there is a saying “Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder”
    I am not used to these kind of adjectives (beautiful, flower..wow). But I must say, you really make me feel very beautiful. Thanks heaps for being around.
    Only, if my mum would have said anything like this ever before and not shattered my confidence. Thank you so much, but I still say, you are beautiful inside and outside, that’s why you see others that way too…. Lots n lots of hugs to both you and CG
    Pink Kitty Purring Hug

AndrewofC, wow, your weekend has been very hectic. Don’t worry about deviating from topic coz I really enjoyed knowing about your show.. And dont worry, beach boy look is awesome πŸ˜‰

FC, Foxy and Tikipink, yes 500 reps of rope jumping on Saturday and I can barely move now. It is so surprising that a simple activity like skipping gets so many muscles moving. I have cramps on my legs, tummy and even calf and inner thighs, BOY!!! I am so going to continue this every second day as its not time consuming and feels very effective. And TikiPink, I am hardly any inspiration yet, but if it gives newbies any hope then I will proudly take that batch. Thanks for acknowledging.

Foxy, you Thai dinner inspired me and I decided to make some Veggie Thai Green Curry at home for dinner yesterday. The whole dinner including 150 grams of cooked Basmati rice worked out at 550 cals as I used fat reduced coconut milk. More than enough to fill me up for dinner, but oh so tasty. I think I did better than some of the restaurants and that too without using any fish sauce. I am happy πŸ™‚

Also, went shopping on Saturday and ended up buying some herbal iced teas (rose and fruit flavors) and infuser from Tea 2. Just love love love their teas. And Iced teas are my new addiction.

Now: On the topic, I ate crazy over the weekend, so this week again is going to be 4:3. Coming Saturday, i have guests coming over for dinner (No points for guessing that I am going to make Thai Green curry for main course) hence, another indulgent weekend on its way. So fasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week in advance.

My goal is to get down to 76.5 kgs this week, which means half a kilo loss by Friday. I am not sure if I can do that, but all that I can do is try.

Hi still havent bought the scales but have measured and 7cm off the body since starting woohoooo. Adjusted my bubbly intake that if going to a bbq am taking my own little piccolo so a glass and a bit of bubbles and thats it otherwise Id sit and just sip a big bottle of calories . Am fitting into clothes that havent worn for a while and am feeling better in myself. Also have noticed how this WOL really makes me look at what Im eating and making changes. Work day today and fast day, so spinach salad again and my tin of salmon with spring water. Have a great day folks. πŸ™‚

Hello everyone…..I’m so glad I hopped on here to read all of your encouraging posts….I am feeling a bit low today…..totally blew out on the weekend AGAIN….it’s becoming a habit and I am wasting my weight loss time….going up and down….have really only lost 700 grams all month!

BUT I am DETERMINED to get it right again…..fast days are no problem at all, slotted right back into again today….FB I am going to keep you company on 4:3 Mon, Wed & Friday this week (first anniversary of my mums death on Thursday, so catching up with sister for drinks and dinner)

Andrew….I loved hearing about your play, I really enjoy live shows, I hope it goes well and you get good reviews…..

We worked all morning at Little Grove, so took our lunch with us….I made a mini tuna & salad wrap and had 100 grams of strawberries (from my garden yum)….am planning a bbq pork salad for dinner……haven’t really felt hungry all day….thought I’d feel a bit ill after my weekend indulge but not at all

Keep up the good work everyone…..I am going to have a much better week this week πŸ™‚

Hi Foxy don’t be too harsh with yourself, look how much better you are now than 3 months ago. Even your guilt us healthy. As much as we feel troupers now, we are still very new to this WOE after a life time of just living and eating for taste rather than health. I still say, we are in it for the long haul, in 12 months time we will laugh over the few grams that worried us. Week ends are for living, just two ( or three) fast days get you back on track, it’s a slower process but making it doable. If we had to be strict 7 days a week, we would last 2 weeks at the most. Your AUSSIE DETERMINATION is always working, I bet certain choices were better than in the past, all making small differences but at least differences. We all do it, I don’t have a halo to shine yet, I’m good with support but have no will power ( if I did I wouldn’t smoke), so it’s a hard slog at times for every one, but YOU CAN DO IT, we do it daily without thinking, simple choices we make now, so cheer up all who feel cross at themselves, this journey will have highs and lows…but…we will make it to the end….CG xxx

Hi ALL
    A hard day today! Actually a couple of emotionally/physically challenging days. Wanting to totally overdo my eating on FD.I am trying to be stronger.

I kept repeating the mantra today..THIS IS DOUABLE!!!!!Thanks CG

I didn’t get through Saturday OK. 100 cal over(could of been worse)Had a lot of physical work which I wasn’t 100% up for.Paid the price today though.
    I managed to treat myself to a nap after work . So I am feeling more positive.

Today FD I have had pumpkin soup at 12,then vegi stirfry at 4pm..I might have a boiled egg if I feel the need . I am trying to convince myself to have more water.I think it is the battle of the wills today. I WILL SUCCEED!!

The situation I am in is not going to abate or slow down anytime soon so I need to get some stronger strategies insight.No guesses for what I will be doing tonight!! Positive proactive thinking. Veggie

Foxy, you are one of my inspirations, remember that you may have lost 700 grams on scales, however you could fit into your smaller size dresses and how beautiful you looked and felt on your anniversary date night. I think you are just having a girly moment, which we all have and that’s very natural, but hey look at the positive side. Weekends are there to let loose and enjoy. If you are feeling guilty, may be avoid indulging over one weekend and I am sure that you will see a big change for you to celebrate next weekend πŸ™‚

Veggiemumma, I was like you on Friday. I understand that you are dealing with lots at the moment, but you are almost there its finished already. Head high, chin up, and yesss we can do it!!! Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION will take us through the ups and downs.

CG, true words. Foxy don’t worry, you are not alone, I will be your fasting buddy on Wednesday and Friday this week. I am sure that I will post a similar message calling out for your support on one of the fast days. We all go through this. BUT we all are in it TOGETHER with EACH OTHER…. Love you all and hugs

Hi all.. Foxy dont be hard on yourself, going over the limits is why we’re all trying this.. I go over and get down, and that depression can make you reach for the biscuits/cheese/chocolate.. Or whatever it is.
    Best thing is to just get back to fasting as per usual and eating mindfully on non-fast days.
    Speaking of which i have been under and over the tdde on my non-fast days and i try not to give myself a hard time… Just think tomorrow i will do better and its not like the 5:2.system ends at a certain date, its not a 12 week program it is an ongoing thing. I hate the concept of counting continually, which is why i cant do points or such things, they dont work for my mind.
    For example today i stopped by a lebanese bakery and got some savoury pastries cos i hardly ever go there. But i cannot work out how many calories the food was, i just guessed a fair bit, less than an aussie pie but i used that.
    Any suggestions for those eating out excursions? How do u work out something that isnt on mfp or calorie king (my backup)?
    The point is i guess, eat non highly processed food and stay good most of the time!

Hay Foxie, are you feelin’ the love?.

I am agreeing with RobbieJ. Two successful, or nearly successful fast days and even with the added pastry we have probably eaten less than before the fivetwo journey began.

I had an unexpected b2b over the weekend with a migraine! I guess the silver lining will be weigh in day. Take care all. πŸ™‚ Reldz

What wonderful people you all are! Thank you so much for your support. I am feeling a lot better, got through another fast day pretty easily, and am now sitting in my pjs catching up with AD….

I DO need to remember that this is a lifetime thing…..like you said Robbie, it’s not something we can just switch off…..and I AM encouraged by the fact that if I do put on a little weight now and then…..a few weeks of fasting will get me back into shape….

Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy that kind of hollow tummy light feeling on fast days?

Thanks FB…..you are a real treasure….I am inspired by you too….and yes you are right, my clothes still fit so I know the damage isn’t permanent….I suppose I just want to have more self control, but hopefully CG like you said this will come with time and I AM making many more healthy eating choices…

VM……YOU CAN DO IT and best of all WE WILL DO IT WITH YOU…..the fact that all of you are fasting when I am really helps me to stick to it…..WE ARE THE TEAM

I made a Boost type juice in my thermomix on the weekend…..orange, mango, cucumber (whole thing unpeeled etc) kale, spinach & a little mint…..blitzed it all up with ice and a little water…hubby and I had two glasses each….it was sooooo yummy and bright green πŸ™‚ We felt that it HAD to be doing us good…..and only about 70 cals per serve…..I’m going to experiment a bit more, I’ve never been a juice lover, but these type of juices are so fresh and healthy

Hey CG…..yes I am, I’m feeling it all over πŸ™‚

Just remember the weight didnt all drop off overnight… And it isnt gonna go back on overnight!
    I have been on this for only a couple of weeks and havent lost an ounce, but i feel better and less bloated, so i will carry on…. And hopefully the scales will catch up with my mind πŸ™‚

Thankyou guys for all your support! Thats what I love about AUSSIE DETERMINATION!
    We are here for each other.

Tomorrows a new day and I am ready to take it on!!Veggie

Hey Foxy! 700g is really still very good. Don’t beat yourself up about it. think about it, if you lose 700g every month, in a year, you’ll be more than !kg lighter. I don’t know if it helps, but here (if I manage to post it correctly) is a chart of my weight loss. I was less mindful about my journey than you all are, and it took me a long time to get into the swing of things. And yet, I got here and I keep losing weight. Sometimes you won’t lose much, sometimes you won’t lose anything, sometimes you’ll put on weight. As long as you’re on a downward trend and you keep teaching yourself a healthy relationship with food, you’re doing better than most people on this earth. And you’re probably leaps and bounds ahead of me when I first started out. don’t get discouraged, you will get where you want to, you are such a positive, determined person, you won’t be held back by one or a few weekends. Don’t ever feel guilty about the food you already ate. Just start fresh! You know you can do this! If I can do it, you definitely can, I was a loose projectile with food intake the first 8 months of my journey.

http://i.imgur.com/QXplxuo.png

I logged all my calories last week and I ended up with an average of 1154kcal/day. I’m curious to see how that will effect my weight loss this week. I count myself sedentary (even though I pretty sure I’m lightly active) so I should have at least a deficit of 3500kcal this week, but I doubt I’ll be down 500g this week lol.

Wow, Robbie, how admirable that you keep yourself motivated even if the weight sin’t coming off. I definitely think those scales will eventually catch up with the changes you’ve made. And I agree, 1 or 2 days of feasting aren’t going to negate all your fasting.

Keep it going everyone! We’re doing great!

Morning , its 5am and I am now reading the posts . I drove down to Sydney after work yesterday to spend some time with my parents. At 5pm 1/2 way to Sydney I stopped for coffee , just had to have a slice of banana bread ! only 1/2 the other 1/2 was for MUM. I had a treat on a fast day…….NO !!!!!there are somethings one just does.

Hey Foxy & Veggie Hope you are both in better spirits today.We don’t need blue days…a situation /thought starts it off … it makes you want to crawl into a hole.
    You let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION take over & get on the thread & we are here as your shoulder… hugs to you both. YES WE ARE THE TEAM!!!!

Robbie-We have weeks like this , the loss will happen…We will do this together!
    BE STRONG ,BE POSITIVE ,BE HAPPY have a beautiful day……..GO GALxxxxx

Good morning team, very wet and cold today, strange weather, zig zags more than my scales, shorts and singlet top over the week end, back to trackies and jumper today. Just made a latte then getting ready to go to Melbourne for ANOTHER nerve block, hoping this time it works! The first one was a blessing 6 months back, but the last one only lasted a week or so and even then I think I was willing it to work. My Son is coming back with me for a couple of days and do a few chores for me ( mens work) so will make sure I rest and let the injection work! I’m so proud of the bond we have created on AUSSIE DETERMINATION, what a fantastic team you all are, our care, support, and concern for each other is so very inspiring, and it comes naturally. Our journey together is a pleasure and non of us is an island, we do it together. I went over yesterday’s fast by one BEAUTIFUL juicy mango, so well worth it. I always think a mango should be eaten in private, naked in the bath, it was sooo yummy and juicy! I have 6 more awaiting my attention, so I will not disappoint them. Have a great day team, you are all such wonderful caring people, enjoy your day and PLEASE be kind to yourself……..CG xxx

GG, have a lovely time with your family in Sydney and safe travelling my friend…CG x

I am sooooooooo LOL CG !!I agree there is only one place to eat a mango & that is absolutely in the bath naked! MY imagination is going wild here LOLLOLLOLOLO
    Thinking of you today buddy will e-mail you tonight love….. GO GAL

Hey Fox… you would join me on that one ……. I can hear you LOL NOW!!!!

Good Morning All
    CG you are so good at providing imagination with your words. LOL
    Foxy and VM glad that you are feeling better.
    GG, hope you are enjoying the time away with your family.
    Robbie, you are such an inspiring person.

Yesterdays fast finished at 410 cals. Had two big bowls of mushroom soup and added some baby corn and parsley in the soup for that extra flavour n crunch, so yummmm and filling.
    Well, today is a feast day (not really a feast LOL)and fasting again on tomorrow.
    I used to feel the chills on fast day earlier, however, I noticed yesterday that I was not at all cold and could sleep in really well at night as well…. Does anyone know, if these changes are normal or am I doing something wrong, i think i am just used to feeling chills and this sudden change is making me think….

Ahah CG & GG…..you have discovered my mango fetish! I love them too…..hubby and I actually worked on a mango picking team a few years ago when we traveled around Aus for 6 months…..I was the team cook and got to eat as many mangoes as I liked…..so fresh and yummy….but was sick of them after 26 days straight work 12 hours a day…..we both lost 6 kgs! haha….put them back on of course…

I am feeling much more positive today…..got up at 5:30 (gets light over here at around 4:30 now) and took dog for 45 min walk….I love exercising on an empty tummy as I know I’m using fat reserves for energy…then I did housework until 7am…I never break my fast until then…I got on scales this morning and am actually 100 grams lighter than Friday weigh in…so I’m hopeful of a small loss this week

CG….I really hope that nerve block works this time, and have a great time with your son, it will be so nice having him not only catch up thgose manly chores, but just be with you…..I miss my boys, my youngest is coming over in January for a week, I’m so excited…..he’s in the army and really fit and healthy….he will be so pleased to see how much healthier I am now

Flemish….thank you so much for your encouragement and for posting your chart….took me a little while to work it out cos of course it’s in Dutch lol….your little arrows red for gain and green for loss are great and helps you realise just what a journey it’s been and how well you have done…..I can see that you really started getting serious in June this year as you have no more red arrows since then πŸ™‚

Robbie those scales will start moving soon and it’s great feeling less bloated isn’t it…..sometimes now on non-fast days if I have too much of any one food, I can get bloated straight away….usually bread…..I used to feel like that a lot

FB…..have a great day today….I’m sure it’s just your body adjusting….I got the chills pretty bad last night and to sleep in my pjs (usually only sleep in knickers)….I find the chills come and go….I will be joining you as promised with fasting tomorrow….actually looking forward to it

Marelda….B2B wow, well done….I’m sure you will have a positive outcome this week!

Go gal…..enjoy your time with your family….it’s nice to share some cake with your mum, and little things like that make great memories xx

Well that’s my morning novel, signing off now….:)

FB, I still get cold most FDs. It doesn’t seem to have a pattern either (apart from the weather). It just… happens or it doesn’t. At least with me. Keep us informed on how that evolves for you, it’s interesting.

Anyone any good ideas on super low cal ways of getting extra fibre? I was checking my fibre levels based on last week’s logs and it’s pretty dramatic since I started eating less bread. I only had one day that came even remotely close to the DRI. I’ve already reintroduced my daily flaxseeds, but they don’t make that much of a difference, tbh.

Keep at it, everyone!

Hi Foxy, I also just stopped logging when I wasn’t on an all-time low, so that might be a factor to lol. I realised it was just making me unhappy so when I’m up, I shrug it off, when I’m down I log and celebrate. Haha, I forgot that was in Dutch, kudos for being able to decipher it anyway. My brain doesn’t always notice things like that.

But you’re right, I think I started getting more determined around that time. When I went under 70kg, I realised I was actually going to reach my GW at some point in the not-so-distant future. It wasn’t a distant dream anymore.

Anyway, glad to help. That’s what we’re all here for. Have a great day! You definitely deserve it!

Hello again all. I thought I’d celebrate some small things…
    1. I went for 20 minute of water walking and laps
    2. My third bosom appears to be just a tummy again. Yay.
    Happy day. πŸ™‚ Reldz

LOL well done Reldz! πŸ˜€

Woo Hoo Reldz
    Hand Clapping

Oh, thanks people! Feeling way better for it. Might even get to the gym this arvo for some strength exercises. πŸ™‚

Evening All
    As I mentioned earlier that I weigh in twice a week on Tuesday n Saturday.
    So, today I weighed in at 77.8 kgs, which is 800 grams up from last week friday. Nopes, unlike other times, I am not upset because I know that I ate over the weekend, but I did not go crazy. So, I am telling myself that its temporary gain from water retention or maybe some extra wind in my tummy as I feel bloated today.
    I was not going to jump on scales as I was already bloated, but thought that I will follow my routine watsoever.

This saturday is going to be food heavy with drinks too, so if I maintain my 77 kgs from last week, i think I should be happy.

I may end up doing ADF this week and fast again on Sunday after saturday drinks n dinner.
    Ciao ftom me until next time πŸ™‚

What an inspirational post FLEMISHCURVES……. You have achieved wonderful results over the period of your 5:2 journey. Congratulations!!!

Team! we are seeing such great results in in our short time of 5:2. Flemish has provided us with the proof that long term our goals are achievable…..We can do this.
    Enjoy your evening…….GO GAL

Wow, Reldz, that’s amazing, well done! the water-walking, is it a class or do you do it by yourself, because it sounds like fun.

FB, it’s probably the bloat. My mother is on 5:2 as well (went from 73 to +/-63 in a year) and she’s been quite stable for the past 6 months but this Sunday she was 64.8 all of a sudden. Sometimes it just happens. All the weight was gone again today when I phoned her this morning (yes, specifically to ask her to jump on the scales and see lol).

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.