Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi All, well I have been of the 5:2 WOL for nearly two weeks now since I have had an acute gum infection and been on two courses of crazy strong antibiotics which require me to eat and also make me feel quite weak and woozy. I have two more days on these things so I plan to get back to Fasting next week and hopefully not have gained too much weight. At the moment I think I may be up 1/2 kilo over the last two weeks so that’s ok. No point in panicking. I’ll be checking in again next week and great to hear all your stories along the way.

Hi all another fasting Thursday

This is getting easier each time. I have one boiled egg for brekky home made pumpkin soup lunch chicken and veg stir fry dinner. Done 480 calories.

Everyone is doing so well. We can do it

Happy weigh in day Friday for a lot of our group.

I’m here my lovlies, JUst got home from work . really the worst week that I have had in many years ….. I am totally spent . I did not fast today I really needed every ounce of fuel to get through the day… I kid you not! I am sitting here drinking my 1st Corona……maybe a 2nd. I know the scales will be unkind tomorrow.
    So I will fast tomorrow, but will still join you all for a weekly weigh in.

Cannot wait to try the banana recipe… It will be next weeek.
    FOX & CG & FB I am sending hugs to you!!!
    Welcome to our newest members… great to have you all on our team, sounds as if you are all getting 5:2 down pat.

KVETINA…IF you are well enough to read the posts I am sending you all my love and strengh for you to be well . I (WE) are thinking of you … pull that AUSSIE DETERMINATION OUT IF YOU CAN , MY DARLING XXXXX.

Sleep in comfort , enjoy your evening…….GO GAL

Hi everyone, second week of fasting done, i do consecutive days which works for me as it keeps me in line, my will power is shocking. I dont know if i have been doing something wrong cos i havent lost one gram! My scales might be out.. Anyway it got depressing so i am not weighing myself again for a while.
    My biggest tip for anyone on a fast day is water.. Water.. I didnt drink enough yesterday and got dizzy at the end of the day.
    I held off eating all day today, but i really must have my coffee in the morning, with 30ml of lite milk. Does this count as eating? Not sure. Maybe i am not leaving long enough between stopping eating the night before and the morning?
    I am not going to stop doing it even though the scales arent my friend. Looking fwd to chatting here.. And hearing all your experiences.
    Cheers

Hi Robbie and welcome, your first step is go to how at the top of the page, calculate your TDEE, then download My Fitness Pal which is a great app for counting and logging your food and cals. If your eating well above your TDEE you will not lose weight, also you must have only 600 cals on fast days. Don’t starve yourself, there are plenty of yummy low cal recipes on the web, read back through our post and see what we are eating. Now you are part of AUSSIE DETERMINATION, your journey will be a lot easier, we will show you, YOU CAN DO IT, don’t give up, we are here to help you…CG

On my fitness pal Robbie you even enter your coffee and milk to get a true reading of your cals, every single thing you put in your mouth has cals, except water! Good luck and ask any questions you have, one of our team will help you, in fact, read back over our posts, you will learn so much….CG

Hi all!

It’s almost 5pm here. About to start my FD dinner: sauerkraut with with smoked salmon, smoked sprat and 30g Philadelphia. Not the most inspired salad but it’s so filling and only 254kcal.

Hi Tiki, do you already know which cities you’re visiting? If you need any touristy recommendations, I will happily sort you out. I would love to help, if you need it.

I’m struggling a bit catching up on this thread with my phone so I might zend lots of little messages today. Sorry to clutter the thread, you guys.

Do you all eat fruit on FDs? I was reading CG’s comment on watermelon and cantelope and it made me crave fruit but I find that if I eat fruit on FDs I just get hungrier.

So, time for a little poll. Fruit on FDs: yay or nay?

Good morning Aussie Determinators…..!
    No loss for me at my weigh in at 7.10am DLST….. I gained 900grms. Expected this, so not $%$#@$ off. Will see how my fast goes today. I planned to do 4:3 this week anyway, so having the day off I can do my exercise which I have sadly not been doing this week & be in the right head space to fast.

FLEMISH- I usually have an apple ,strawberries or blueberries at 3pm on fast days.

Hope the scales are in your favour today team…. WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATORS armed with positive motivation.. because WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Look forward to your posts, Have a FAB day!……. GO GAL

Morning all

Happy dance happy dance now lost 10.3kg. So happy to break the 10kg barrier. Hoping to loose a couple more before Christmas. Started mid September.

I am heading away for a caravan beach holiday for a couple of weeks over Christmas but I think now I can still fast during the time to allow fro Christmas indulgences.

Flemishcurves on Monday fast day I eat a banana about 4.30 because I do a circuit exercise group class without it I cannot work as hard, without I tried. On Thursday I sometimes have a piece of fruit about 5pm but non exercise day, usually strawberries or a nectarine at the moment.

This way of eating is so easy.

Have a fantastic day everyone will be reading in my lunch break at work for everyone’s results

Good Morning Aussie Determinators

And Welcome Fastina and RobieJ.

Fastina, don’t push yourself too hard. i read somewhere on this forum that it is not advisable to fast when you are unwell, so dont worry. Take it easy.

RobieJ, do you have less weight to loose. It may be the case that you don’t have enough to loose anyways and you will still get the health benefits. However, if you have a bit of weight to loose, then as CG pointed out:- Are you eating up to your TDEE on non fast days. The concept of eating anything on non fast days can be very misleading 🙁

Bali2015, wooohoooo so happy for you. I can totally relate to what you feel. Not only you have been successful in meeting your goal, you have successfully come out of the dreaded plateau as well. Well Done!!!

FC, I am like you, no fruit on fast days as it make me hungry. I think the natural sugars in fruit kick starts my hunger.
    However, I do eat some fruit either strawberries or watermelon before or after dinner. All at same time to avoid hunger as I love my fruit.

Foxy, Its easier for me to be a vegetarian coz I was raised like this. There has been times when I ate meat (by mistake) but I never liked the flavors, smell and texture. So, its super easy for me to follow vegetarianism. I know what you mean, as I see vegans – no dairy… wat???? No cheese, milk or yogurt, NAH I CANT DO IT. So, i understand what you mean.

Go GALLLLLLLLl……. you know that’s temporary weight gain from Corona’s, Right??? Last Friday, I weighed at 78 kgs, Saturday night I had two or maybe three vodka shots with coke zero and limited snacking. Sunday morning I was at 79.1 kilos. I closed my eyes and though to myself that Monday is a fast day and it will get better. Monday evening, I was down to 77.5 kgs. So, clearly that was water retention from vodka. Give yourself one fast day and you will be fine.

Well my last weigh in on Wednesday was 77.3 kgs. Fast day again for me today and I intend to follow same routine. My weigh in is tomorrow, however I am not expecting much of a loss as I cannot see any changes in my body since last weigh in. Also, I know that I tend to keep the weight on when I am constipated (Sorry TMI)

AndrewofC and I weigh in on Saturday, so Andrew, will be looking forward to your post tomorrow too…. Hope I am not pushing too much here 🙂

And will keep an eye on all other posts for weigh in news, Lets Rock n Roll Team!!!
    FB.

Forgot to put my weight with the 900g on cw is 78.1kgs .
    Well done BALI!!!!……GO GAL

Wow GG, I feel like every day is FD with you, you seem so hardcore. And it is probably just waterweight. It’ll be gone soon enough.

Congratulations, Bali! Those are fantastic results.

I’ll be weighing in when I get up tomorrow, as it’s almost midnight here.

I’m loving all the fruit talk, it’s funny how everyone deals with hunger and food in different ways. I’m super interested in hearing from the rest of you.

Hmm, no CG yet with her weigh-in? I’m such a Nosy Rosy.

Good morning team. I have had awful insomnia for the last few weeks but actually slept through last night with only one toilet break, but went straight back to sleep. Oh the changes in our bodies with this WOL. I went 50 cals over yeaterday with my fast. My weigh in this morning show another 1 k loss. I started the year at 99.5 I’m now 85.7k and would love to end the year on 80k……happy news all round team, I’m still only doing 5:2, it’s easy and less stressful, very very doable, in fact like most of us quite enjoy the challenge of fast days and the cleansing. I’m noticing my meal sizes are smaller, my chocolate addiction had wained, well a lot anyway, I’m extremely consious of what I eat and feel guilty if I have mashed potatoes or the like, but I still have them and enjoy them! I still crumb my schnitzel, and I still enjoy my wine or my nightly whiskey, i do not exercise due to back pain, I’m unable to walk much as my leg goes so numb and my back screams, so the over all loss is just food choices, smaller meals, and 2 fast days a week. Yes I love fruit even on fast days, it’s cleansing, filling, and with melon, thirst quenching. I still use butter, adore cheese especially Brie, in all I’m showing this WOE is just so doable, very uncomplicated, very forgiving and healthy. Golly, I didn’t mean to go on for so long, but please take this as incentive. You may hit the odd plateau, but keep going, it works! Have a great day team……CG xxx

Good morning everyone! Not a good result for me either 600 grams up from last week….BUT I did have a really bad week on non-fast days….this is my first gain on 5:2 and I was disappointed, but then I did my ritual trying on of smaller clothes AND THEY ALL NOW FIT ME….all my size 14s! I am rapt as they fit nicely too….so I am definately smaller than last week (have given up measuring until after 5kg losses) Am going to do a 4:3 this week….Saturday, Monday and Wednesday as I have something planned for Thursday..
    November stats:

SW 77.1 GW 75 (was 74 but won’t make it) CW 76.4 Lost .7/2.1 (35%) 21/11/2014

Bali….woo hoo that is so fantastic breaking through the 10 kgs! Well done, especially as it’s only been since September that you started.

Fastina…..nice to have you back again, take care and look after yourself for a while before you get back into it.

Flemish…..I don’t usually have fruit…except if I have left over from end of day, then will have some after dinner, usually strawberries….I like to use most of my cals on my protein on fast days as it fills me up more

Go gal….you had a tough week, and that gain probably just from alcohol….I had wine mid week which is where my gain has come from, you will have lost it after today…..we will get there…..that 75 kg is in the bag!

FB you are going so well…..looking forward to your results plus AndrewC tomorrow!

Welcome Robbie!

Today is our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we are going out for dinner at at Thai restaurant…am really looking forward to it 🙂

I feel I need to make a comment here.. I AM NOT HARD CORE… I fast on 2 days a week and enjoy the cleansing. I wanted to see how B2B would go ..it worked for me. I battle with a thyroid condition that dictates my weight when she feels like it.If I am stressed for example this week ,I usually gain whether I eat or not.

Foxy and FB thank you for your support.
    FOX have a very happy anniversary dinner!
    ……..GO GAL

Have a great fast day Go Gal! 5:2 is very flexible and the way that you do it is entirely up to you…..battling that thyroid must give you the pip sometimes! I will be doing 4:3 this week too, starting tomorrow.
    Enjoy your day off, and your exercise, you deserve it 🙂 🙂

Hi all, crazy week thus far. Was going to fast Monday & Thursday – Monday was fine but Wednesday evening was final dress rehearsal for the play that opens tonight. Got to bed Thursday morning close to 4 am. Woke up Thursday feeling bleah so didn’t fast. Still managed a couple of 4 km walks during the week. Next week I’ll do Monday and Wednesday to keep clear of the theatre stuff and weigh myself Thursday morning. So no weigh-in this morning and after opening night tonight – I’ll sleep through tomorrow morning 🙂

FC, I think the book or the TV show said to be wary of fruit on fast days due to the high content of sugar in some fruits. Berries are low GI. As part of my fd “dinner”, I have a bowl of mixed berries with a splodge of low fat yoghurt.

Hi FB, I thought I might lose a fd this week so fasted three days last week. Next week won’t include a lunatic dress rehearsal night so I’ll weigh-in Thursday morning.

All the best to FB and others fasting today.

Hi team, just a bit of trivia, just spoke to GG on skype, she looks great! I redid my measurements for my tracker. I started BMI 35.5 now 32.4 and a loss of 26 cm over all, so something is working….still a long way to go, and enjoying every day of this journey, keep up your AUSSIE DETERMINATION you know YOU CAN DO IT, have your Magnum, coronas, chocolate or whatever you fancy, your fast day will reward you, totally abstaining from these treats makes life too difficult, and doesn’t make much difference when you fast, also too easy to give up when it’s not sustainable, but the reward of just two simple fast days a week, makes a huge difference and eventually show! Take care team, enjoy life….CG xxxx

Happy Anniversary Foxy, I am sure that Thai will be yummmmmmmm…..and you will look amazing in your smaller size clothes too 😉

GG, as CG said that you look great, I am sure that you really Do…. Try measuring yourself rather than weight. Just a suggestion, may be don/t weigh for 2 weeks and go by measurements.

AndrewofC, sounds like you are working too hard and couple of 4 kms walk to top that. (clap clap clap) Thanks for updating us about your weigh in 🙂 I will make sure to update mine tomorrow either ways…lol

Today’s fast seems a little difficult, I am kinda struggling and want to give up and eat. I don’t know where these hunger pangs come from, I am just waiting for them to pass by; while having green teas and sparkling water… Phewww…. God give me strength as I don’t want to ruin it.
    I have used 150 cals so far (130 cals of it is from morning coffee), if I survive until dinner, I will have whooping 300 cals which means I can have an omelette with veggies and mushroom soup.. yum……. Let’s see.

Foxy HAPPY ANNIVERSARY have a lovely romantic night with your hubby and a really yummy dinner
    Hang in there FB your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will take over for you
    Andrew you are doing so well fitting so much into you life as you do, be kind to yourself mate.
    …..CG xxxx

Hi everyone.

As an experiment I went from 4.3 to 5.2 this week. Weigh in this morning shows no loss. Which I am glad about! I wanted to know how my body will go with maintenance, as I get nearer to my goal.And I must admit to feeling a bit scared at losing too much weight.As I have a thyroid condition.Hope this makes some sense and I haven’t offended anyone.I will go back to 4.3 Saturday, Monday and Thursday, as it keeps me disciplined.I do eat an apple or nectarine mid morning on FD.

BMI 29/SW 72.9 CW 66.9 BMI 26.in 9 weeks. I don’t mind slow and steady. I am near the last 5kgs which I never thought possible a year ago. I just have to stay focused.

THE TEAM here is fantastic. I couldn’t of done his without all your input! Your results are amazing…Veggie

You can do it FB ..hang in there! Can you find something to distract you and keep you busy?

Veggie, you haven’t offended anyone, you have to find what works for you and what is sustainable, your doing so well, good luck…CG xx

Hi all, 72 again today. Happy with that. If I can keep ‘switched on’ for most of the time I might be able to break the 70kg barrier by Christmas! Hope all have the weekend that they need. 🙂 Reldz

Ho to be 72k’s again, even to be in the 70’s like most of you, well done….CG xx

Good afternoon all AD fasters, and congratulations to all of you who’ve worked so hard the last few weeks – CG, GG, FB, FC, Bali2015, VM, AoC, RobbieJ, Meralda – because it’s a tough gig aiming to consistently fast and lose weight. Whatever the somewhat arbitrary scales might say, you can all be proud of your efforts. I didn’t fast last week as I was away again but this week I’ve cracked the 10kg barrier (11.1kg loss to date) although I still have a mind-numbingly-long-way-to-go.
    FC – thanks for the banana pancake idea – I celebrated yesterday’s FD success by having them for breakfast today with a splash (okay, more of a puddle) of maple syrup – YUM!! And re the poll, I rarely eat fruit on a FD as it makes me hungrier. I too love how everyone here is working this FD stuff out for themselves – what works and what doesn’t – as there’s no one-size-fits-all. For me at the moment, the FD’s are a real struggle as I’m far hungrier (unlike the first few months), consistently sleep very poorly on a FD and still have days following when I have to be handcuffed and kept away from the fridge. But I’m also 11kg lighter, wearing clothes I haven’t worn for a couple of years and my bio-markers are all improving, so it’s clearly working – just have to do my best and take it a day at a time.
    I also wanted to say (and I’m probably being over-sensitive here) that I know I don’t post very often but for me it’s more to do with some people being naturally chatty and others less so. Being in the latter group (I really enjoy reading the posts but don’t often comment) I do really appreciate the support that the thread offers.
    FatBlaster – I really feel for you with those hunger-pains. I know you can do it and wish you the strength to beat that hunger genie back into the bottle 🙂
    Have a great weekend all, Ensitu

Hi all!

Was up 100g with 65.2 this morning but I did lose another 0.5cm on my waist (64.5 now), I’m going to reach that ultimate 60cm at some point. Also lost1cm off my hips, 0.5cm on each thigh and 0.5cm on one calf :p So very good results for me.

I recalculated my bra size today and on one site I was 70AA and on another 75E. I have no idea how that is even possible.

GG, I didn’t quite express myself correctly. I wasn’t actually implying you’re hardcore, I was trying to convey how I end up interpreting this thread with so many comments on one page (I wish they would do more pages with less comments). If you read through a full page in one go, you get a completely different impression than when you read every comment seperately as they come in. I should really stop commenting the results of my stream of consciousness so late at night, I’m causing trouble. Sorry about that. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Wow CG, what a difference in BMI! I went from 31.6 to 23.9, but you are taking huge strides. You’ll be under 30 in no time. Onwards and downwards!

Happy weekend everyone! I’m going to catch up a bit more over lunch.

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. Just sitting here enjoying a vino before I get dressed to go out….am wearing a dress I haven’t been able to get into for years!

Have a great weekend everyone! 🙂

Flemish, No offence taken…. you either meant I was determined or obsessed with fasting. I’m very motivated and determined. I have very little weight to lose. I like to experiment, especially with a WOL that 5:2 allows & is so flexiable and doable . As a nurse, I have worked with people suffering from eating disorders , some suffer from mental illness or drug addiction which can lead to dietary problems. I find it all so interesting & love researching metabolic & hormone conditions. All the best…….. GO GAL

Have a beautiful evening FOX…. You will look and feel amazing…. ENJOY xx… GO GAL

Hey again,

Go Gal, I could talk hormone issues for ages if you wanted to! Had a full overhysterectomy (can’t remember what it’s called) two years ago. Suffered debilitating migraines for twenty plus years. They were every three weeks then every two weeks as I got older. Took me a while to make the decision, but glad I did.

Take care all. Reldz 🙂

GG, I just wanted to make sure you knew. There was a bit of drama on the boards a few months back, and I want be certain I don’t accidentally reproduce that. It made this safe and happy place a lot less happy for a while. This needs to remain a happy, fluffy, welcoming space for everyone. I’m determined I won’t be a negative influence here. Only poitivity, especially in the Aussie thread, which has no negativity whatsoever.

Have fun, Foxy! You sure deserve it. Fitting into clothes that were too small for ages is one of the best things about losing weight, imo.

About hormones, my mum suffers from thyroid atrophy (I don’t know if that’s the medical term in English but that’s what it’s called in Dutch), I need to get tested every year, but so far so good. Fingers crossed I skipped the gene.

Right before I left the house, I changed outfits and took advantage to hop on the scales one more time. It came out 65kg, so a 100g loss after all.

@Risky Situation (ensituacionderiesgo), I’m glad you liked the recipe. It’s nice and healthy but tastes like a treat 🙂 To be fair, the accolades should go to someone else on these boards, but I can’t remember to whom exactly.

Hi Flemish, There is no place on AUSSIE DETERMINATION for negative feelings. We are happy & funny , all finding the new WOL exciting.
    Whatever happened on other threads… Let it go.
    Country girl, myself and the other team members ,believe in support & encouragement for all.We share our ups ,downs laugh and cry about each others lives. We don’t know each other ,except for a select few who contact each other outside the thread.
    You have become part of an incredible group of women & our Andrew ,who are kind and generous in sharing their comments and emotions.

Enjoy AUSSIE DETERMINATION for what,we are all committed & motivated in achieving which is a better & healthier life,the weight loss is really the added bonus. There is no contest to win to see who is going to lose the most weight …. we are already winners,we have become incharge of our health!……..GO GAL

FC, you are right, this thread is full of positivity, so much so that GG actually help me come out of my depression. She is such a positive person and a sweetheart.

Ensitu, now I really think that I am the talkative one…. LOL

Thanks everyone for your ideas to kill those hunger pains today. This thread helps me going each fast day. I survived todays fast and finished at 460 cals. So thanks one and all for the motivation n support.
    I have now lost 7.5 kgs in 7 weeks and I give credit to each and everyone of you to help me achieve this.
    Did I say 7.5 kgs…… YESSSSSSS
    my weigh in day is tomorrow but i thought to change it to today as everyone else is doing their weigh in on friday.
    Andrew, I will change it to Saturday next week again to give you company 😉

So, after only 400g loss last week, this week has been a total of 1 kg loss. Yipee yay yay yay!!!

Here’s my brag:-
    4 oct 2014 – start weight @ 84.5 kgs
    21 nov 2014 – current weight @ 77 kgs
    7.5 kgs lost in 7 weeks 🙂 🙂

Goals:- 75kgs by 15 dec 2014 and then 70 kgs by mid Feb. Dont know if its doable or not but I am certainly going to try.

PS: i weigh myself two to three times a week and report any small losses or gains. But these are weekly figures above.

70 kgs here I come……

Hi all, a bit late in the day, but a heck of a long one .My own job ,cleaning ,then off with hubby in our cabling business!
    I am so happy today as I not only lost my holiday gain… I also lost another .8 on top .So 1.6kg down this week! I stood on the scales thinking “please…please be good…”then I picked them up (it’s dark when I go to work) and said “Bloody beauty!” My AUSSIE DETERMINATION has paid off!
    Everyone is so right, this woe/wol is oh so do able.
    Feeling very in control. 🙂

Hi team, anyone watching the cricket, it’s getting exciting, takes your mind off things, have a great night team…..CG xx

Marelda, Yes, hormones are so interesting, ? a good conversation topic.Some are down right little gremlins ,creating havoc.
    Glad your headaches are gone, they would have been debilitating…Take care….GO GAL

Hi again, thanks for the responses everyone and great to read about everyones journeys.
    In answer to some.. I have heaps to lose, high bmi.. Etc, Am a gal so sticking to the 500 limit on fasting days and generally below tdde on others. What gets me over tdde on fridays is the drinking cals alas.. Not food so much. First fast week i craved meat, so this week i incorporated some lean meat and fish into my 500, but this week i am craving carbs.. So now having some cereal i have been dreaming about but not going overboard. Just one bowl of flakes, no sugar.
    My scales dont show grams, just ks or stone. They still havent moved but i can feel a bit of a diference already with my clothes.. Today my spanx thing i wear sometimes didtnt roll up which it normally does, and i swear some of my back fat has gone, but it could all be in my head!
    I use my fitnesspal and have calorie counters that i use on fasting days and most of the time, I just know that if i have to do the big cal thing all the time i will give up, which is why weight watchers never worked for me. So two fasting days and mindfulness on the rest i hope will work.
    Whats going overboard on non fasting days?
    Does anyone else find fasting days a bit intoxicating? I love them, i feel really good, no bloating, really good mood?
    That said i do look fwd to the non fasting days..
    Keep on keeping on!

Hi Robbie, your on the right track, try not to eat over your TDEE and if you really stick to the 500 cals fast day your weight will just drop off, especially if you have a lot to lose. Carbs really don’t do you any favours, protein is what makes you feel fuller for longer Check out the net for meals under 200-300-400 cals for yummy ideas. Soups and salad with a small piece of chicken or praws is very satisfying on ALL days. Sorry about the gender mix up, no harm meant. I’m glad you joined us, we are a friendly caring team, and offer support. You are better posting daily as it offers so much more support and you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE we help your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, you really want to achieve your goal, this is a long journey for us all but YOU CAN DO IT, it becomes yourway of life, your way of eating, you become very consious of what you eat. Let your hair down occasionally, have your Friday drinks, you will notice feeling healthier and the scales dropping. Good luck, we are here for you……CG xx

Good Morning All
    Lindanaf, well done. Enjoy your achievements.
    Cg you morning posts are so glorious, i look forward to reading ’em for inspiration.
    GG, so well said. You words are beautiful.
    RobbieJ, thanks for giving us more info. I think this group will be able to walk with you on your joyrney if we know more about your goals. So your scales have not moved but your clothes fit better. Now thats a good sign.

I did 4:3 this week too and fast days are over for me for this week. I have been exercising on and off but come Monday, i am going to commit to a regular exercising as I believe exercise really helps one get in shape. I just keep finding excuses and dont set up a routine…. Bad bad bad of me to do that.

Today’s meals are not planned, however I am going to be home, so will decide when its lunch time. Surely has to be healthy choices but I try to get my dose of carbs on non fast days so tgat I dont feel deprived.
    Until then team… Ciao

Good morning everyone! We had a lovely anniversary dinner…..I had thai fish cakes (3) for entree and then duck pad thai for dinner….was soooo yummy, I just LURVE duck! Also had glass of champus and a glass of wine, which was OK, but then came home and finished off bottle in fridge :(…..bit hungover today so not fasting as I’d planned….will just do 5:2 instead and hopefully stick under my TDEE on non-fast days…..finding this a bit hard last couple of weeks for some reason…

Anyway great loss FB! You are catching us up…..we will all be 75 kg by 15 December for sure (me, you & GG)

GG & CG…..just love your posts, they really give us all a lift….I’m so glad I decided to hop on here….I don’t usually use computer at weekend….it’s given me motivation to get moving and eat well today instead of laying on the lounge nursing my hangover!

Lindanaf…..well done to you too…..I laughed when I read your post, as I can just picture you picking up those scales in the dark lol

Robbie….nice to hear from you again…..clothes are the best guide and it’s just wonderful when they start getting baggy and you can fit into smaller ones!

Have a great weekend everyone…..I’m starting a new mosaic project for my son’s GF today….a little wine table, should be fun!

Foxy your night sounds great, I used to think a hangover was an indication of a good night and usually a lot of talking. Glad you stopped in on Saturday, we still chat and support, we are all still here, not everyone posts, but it’s nice when they do. Getting very hot, just finished 3 hours on the ride on, looking beautiful, rain expected tonight, hope it means a thunder storm, just love ’em, lightening a fire worry, but you take what you get. Take care everyone, enjoy your freedom and love of your new life style….CG xx

YES the weekend has arrived, but late with the post …. shopping for next week etc.
    Glad you had such a wonderful night FOXY…..Is berrocca needed !
    I just finished baking a chia seed cake.
    RECIPE IS……Prepare a cake tin (Size does not matter)
    1 cup of dessicated coconut
    1 cup chia seeds
    2 eggs
    3 ripe bananas Mashed
    Mix all of the above
    Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 40 mins until brown or spike with a folk to check
    if center is cooked.
    Cool and serve
    even better ,serve with vanilla yogurt with honey drizzled over it . h
    Have a FAB s
    Saturday…….GO GAL

Hallo all, I am a newbie. Sorry for the long post in advance. I watched Michael Mosley’s documentary a year ago but didn’t really get it then, not believing in diets at all. I changed jobs half a year ago and it really stressed me out. To my horror I have also gained 6 kg along the way and I start finding really disturbing twinges in my health, hence the determination or rather the resignation that I MUST do something for myself before my body rebels and develop an illness. I just picked up the 5:2 book just yesterday and have been reading it since. It sounds really doable..of course I know it will be a lot harder. Lol.
    I am planning to start the fast this coming Monday and am now trying to create a meal plan and plan things right. I am 158cm and 79 kg. My BMI is 31.6. I just had my 34th birthday and the last couple months, I think my body is starting to scream at me, like knee and ankle twinges when I run just a few steps, eye twitching, stomach cramps. I have a LOT of abdominal fat, which is really really bad for my health, I gather. Anyway, my goal is to slim down to 58kg by next year November, so one year to lose 21kg.
    A few questions for all the veterans here.
    1)is my goal realistic?
    2)is it actually possible to just lose weight by the fasting? Or must it be combined with the HIT exercise.
    3) what are your best tips for 250cal dinner ideas? I always have the same oats breakfast, which I calculate to be 270cals. I can tweak it a bit more to reduce the calories.

Thanks all!!!

Hi everyone

Welcome frenchginger.

Plan your fast days to the calorie. Sign up for fitness pal app it’s great for counting calories. I put everything in there both fast and non fast days.

I started I just said I would for a month. The first week I counted my calories on fast days only letting other days be normal eating. Week 2 I started counting all calories as long as you eat below your TDEE look on home page under calculate my numbers for that. You will loose some weight. I am told you don’t have to exercise but once I started that was it I do group gym workout for exercise and fun.

First week I was was hooked.

Got to go impatient hubby looking at me. Will continue later.

Hi Frenchginger, welcome to our thread, we are here to support you. Most of us skip breakfast on fast days, just drinking tea or water…or coffee, but no milk! We hold off with food as long as we can, it is quite easy, then have a small salad with maybe tuna or a small piece of chicken, protein helps keep you fuller, then the same for dinner. Maybe soup or stirfry. Check the web for ideas under 200-300-400 cal meals. There are heaps, even if you alter them to your taste, they get you thinking. As Bali said, download My Fitness Pal, and log all your meals, the app will calculate all calories, also at the top of the page, look in ” how” to calculate you TDEE and try to eat under that on normal days, 500 cals on fast days. YOU CAN DO IT, I know it sounds a bit “iffy” to begin with but AUSSIE DETERMINATION will help you each day, just post a question and one of our team will answer it…….you’ll be fine and it’s so well worth it, your goal is achievable, I also want to drop another 15-20 k’s next year too. Good luck….CG

Hi Frenchginger, welcome.

I don’t have too much wisdom to add here but I thought I’d schare with you that when I started in April 2013, I was at the exact BMI you’re at now. I was 164.5cm and 85.5kg. 19 months later, my BMI is 23.9. That said, I took the scenic route (I took my time to get there). Meaning that I didn’t start looking at my Regular Day calories until Februari/March 2014 so I was overeating on RDs (yet still losing weight for most of that time). I’m telling you this because even though it rook me a year and a half to losse the weight you want to shed, I took the laid back approach so if you are mindful about the kcal you ingest on RDs from the get-go, I think it’s a realistic goal to have. I thought it would be good for you to hear my numbers now, because it seems like a practically unattainable amount. I thought it was. And now I find myself 2.5kg away from my hypothetical ultimate weight that I only dreamed of reaching. And I mocht even pass that in a while. So, Yeah, there you go, a little inspirational peptalk for you start off with. We all believe you can do it!

Sorry about all the typos, my auto correct is in Dutch.

Hallo! Sorry to be pestering/peppering you all with questions. Thanks to those who welcomed me. I looked up TDEE and my fitness pal as you recommended and it actually confused me a little. TDEE recommends that I eat 1700ish cals and my fitness pal recommends 1260 cals. But I gathered that I should be eating 500cals per FD and 1700 per NFD?
    Starting from yesterday, I thought I had a BIG feast day (at least I felt that way) but dutifully recorded everything I ate on my fitness pal and I only had 1069 cals! The confusing part is the calories counting part for me. I knew what I ate but I don’t know how to calculate the amount of calories accurately. I either make my own or had home cooked meals with friends. The foods that my fitness pal has , are usually branded products or separate ingredients. Do you in general, kinna ‘make it up’ as you go? I was trying to put together the meal my friend cooked by adding the calories of the ingredients and give it a ’round up’. Does that sorta make sense? To my horror as well, me creating a new food calls it up on my fitness pal when I search for it. Does it mean it is the whole database wide now and I couldn’t edit or delete it ?! :p
    Anyway, it was fun doing the calculations for yesterday but my stomach was growling on my way to dinner and it is also growling right now as I sit in bed, not wanting to get out for breakfast. I assume that is normal and I also realise that I don’t let that happen to me very often at all and when it does growl, I tend to grab really bad food like fast food or carbs like sweets and biscuits. This is going to be an interesting ride. I pray that I have the determination to hang on!! 🙂 have a lovely day, lovelies!

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.