Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,301 through 8,350 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi, I am back online here but now I can’t find the other email account that I use. It seems to have disappeared. If you have sent something to me and I haven’t replied, that is why. Hopefully, I am not needed that way now anyway.

Well, the rugby win was celebrated here and then we went to the beach today with the dog. Lots of fun and walked a lot.

I have read everything even though I was unable to comment.

Cheers.

Thankyou “Matron” Gypsy for such a fantastic input on our health problems ? you are a gem being a wonderful find for our thread (as with all gems)
    I have been working most of the arvo on our reunion surprise, I’m going ga ga! I do hope you all enjoy it……. I stripped my bedding this morning so now all is washed and everything has been kissed by the sun now, so no problems with sleeping for me in a lovely clean smelling bed. ? It’s the first time I’ve stripped it all myself post op, I usually get Homecare to, it can be quite heavy, but they have no idea how to make a proper bed so really looking forward to getting in tonight.?
    Fasting day tomorrow team so have you planned? With the weather heating up a salad is the go with a grill, meat or fish even chicken, very low cal and yummy with a few herbs sprinkled over it so very tasty. Water intake is a big must, so if your not constantly looking for the loo, your not drinking enough!?
    Enjoy your evening team, especially if watching the footy, good luck to your team, the entertainment is just starting so will go and watch it, although, I don’t understand the game so will switch over ? xxxxxxxx

Am having one hellava nad computer day

Welcome back Upt, nothing healthier than walking the dog along a beach, I bet you enjoyed it. My boys have never seen the ocean, unsure what their reaction would be, but know they’d love running in the sand going by how they run in my freshly laid mulch! I don’t need to spread it much, they tend to do it themselves, buggars! ? Xxxxxx

Are you okay GG??? Xxxxxxx

Hi All got my couple of hours gardening in so all good. Quite cloudy but not cold. Rest of week is meant to be lovely and sunny. Have 2 of my meat pies left for dinner so add a few veg & we’re done. They were nice but not the best I’ve made. Have to keep trying more recipes. I just never stop!
    CG you should sleep like a baby tonight – proper made bed eh to nurse standards.
    UT amazing what computers do to us theses days isn’t it. Things disappear even though they tell us that’s not possible.
    GG tell me again how do you do your famous B2B’s? What’s the program?

I’m once again determined to hit the 60’s this week & will EVEN attempt 3 FD’s if I have to. The weather’s looking good so aiming for salads & good healthy stuff that’s been missing over the winter, and less snacking or eating after dinner. I find I manage that without a problem over summer but not over winter so much. The munchies just won’t be controlled. I need to get rid of that roll around my middle that appears with pants/jeans etc – the muffin top look. I’m really conscious of it and want to lose it now that other areas have trimmed down. The waist/middle is the last area to be trimmed down to size. I seem to lose from either end & eventually it’s going to meet in the middle! Bring on summer I say & salads & losing weight again rather than plateaus. Hope you all enjoyed a good day.
    suejen XXXX
    Present weight: 70.9
    Goal weight: 64k g

Suejen congratulations on showing true AUSSIE DETERMINATION, I’m sure your goal is reachable when you really try. I too have been slack over winter, not really gaining but certainly not losing, and my “roll” over my size 14 3/4 pants is annoying, so covered in a size 18 top often! I’m hoping our change in diet as in salads will help and the added thirst will have us drinking more water, but people who live in the tropics get fat so our true grit will show now ☺️
    Enjoy your evening and 70.9k is a fantastic weight, so don’t be too hard on yourself xxxx

Hi All!
    Well done to the aussies on the rugby win! Woohoo!! Of course, being an honorary aussie myself now, I was cheering for ye all the way!! πŸ™‚
    Gyps – you are an absolute mine of information on health matters and I agree with you about the many debilitating effects of poor sleep. I must check about iodine levels and see if I can do anything about my sparse and weak hair.
    PH – thanks for the good wishes for the Irish team who will be playing later today; great excitement.
    UP – so glad you’re back online. Hope you had a lovely day with the dogs on the beach – our dog absolutely loves the freedom of the sandy beaches over in France.
    SJ – I’m with you in the determination to be more focussed, strong and strict on the fasts this week. As usual, I’m leaving it down to the wire to lose that last kg or two before the wedding, so there’s no margin for error now, every fast has to count! So let’s keep each other on track. Present weight 64.5kg – Goal 62.5kg. Not stopping until I get there!!!!
    CG – well done on stripping the bed, but hope you took care of your back. How lovely to sleep in fresh air dried bedding and with hospital corners too….yippee!! Nothing like it! πŸ™‚
    GG – hope you get computer sorted, very frustrating!! Big hugs to you ((( ))).
    Will get planning and preparing now for a good week with two serious FDs and the rest PC days. I’m off to my grand-nephew’s christening now and afterwards there will be a meal at a local pub/restaurant; so I will try to make healthy choices…wish me luck, gals!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Xxxxxxx

Fit, I’ll race you! I am 64.4. A whole 100 grams down from last week.

SJ, that is how it works for me too. Still waiting for the middle meeting. Just a few kilos to go but that is where they all are!

Waaahoooo!

North Queensland wins! Such a worthy result! Couldn’t be prouder of those boys, both teams! What a game! So many of North Qld’s footy greats of this decade came through my hands as a school footy nurse, I couldn’t chose between the 2 teams on a personal level, but do feel it was the Cowboy’s turn to finally win a premiership. Thatwin will bring more support for sporting facilities in the North so our boys don’t have to go South to succeed, like so many have in the past. Jonathen Thurstons plea for a new stadium in Townsville was the mark of a true champion of his sport. He is paving the way for untold champions to come. Good on him! Go Cowboys!

So gld I’m ahead on fasting and exercise point! Drinks are flowing here!

Oh wow you’re nearly at your goal UT well done! Then you’ll have such a skinny middle…and all other parts too!
    Gyps so glad you approve of the win though sounds like you wouldn’t have minded either winning! Enjoy your celebrating – my champers just went back in the cupboard for a more worthy celebration. sj XX

Hi Fit

defo on for a meet up on WTF weekend, I’ve decided to check across a couple of other threads, though happy if its just the honorary aussies. Might be fun and Dublin is a good place to go, as Ryanair are so nice about the pricing – prefer Easyjet though, either way 30 quid each way makes it a cheap flight!

Sure we could find either a good hotel deal or something else.

That will give us all an incentive to be thin, does skype add 5 lbs like tv – hope not!!!!

Gyp – noted!!! I really need to get my rest sorted, its too easy to stay up at night, having problems with food affecting works, so I can’t afford other problems, thanks for thinking about me!

Good morning team on what is expected to be a very hot couple of days. Remember to stay hydrated above all, even if your fast goes off the rails! Up you are legend, what great results you are having, how about telling our newbies your starting weight and when you started ? so much proof on AUSSIE DETERMINATION that fasting works. Even with the odd blow out, as 5:2 is just so forgiving. We are all getting results, but don’t gauge others weight on your own. We are different in so many ways, our build, our shape our heritage all goes into your results. Only you know what weight YOU are comfortable with and where you want to be, 5:2 is only PART of your life not all of it! If you are healthy, eating your fill without over indulging too often, if you are watching your portion control, you are winning already. ? You are already conscious of what you eat, what goes into your mouth, before 5:2 it didn’t matter….right? Now your taking notice, so it is already working for you, you are winning ?
    Footy over, Spring racing carnival next then the tennis and cricket, the year is flying team and our reunion will be upon us before we know it. My surprise is ordered and paid for, no guessing allowed, don’t spoil it for me but it’s all go now ☺️ and soon we can put faces to names, have a cuddle, and really get to know each other.
    Have a lovely day, slip slop slap if out in the sun, and happy fasting ? xxxxxxxxx

Waahoooo as well gyps… Such a great game. ?????
    JT is such a legend ,on and off the field ,and I too could not choose who I wanted to win as Broncos are my team. Wayne Bennett is a relo of mine but so did want Cowboys to win their first premiership. Great game and played in such a sportsmanlike manner. Credit to both sides. .. Just about to get on the road to Brisbane so must go. Was hard to get up this morning after celebrating last night was too excited to get to sleep.. Hi to everyone else as well. Catch up later

Thanks, SJ andCG. Good idea.

OK, for newer members. I started last November at 76 kgs and am now 64.4. So with the same things everyone else has had like Xmas, Easter and various events, I also went to live in the U.S for 4 months and had a few weeks in Europe on the way home.

I am pretty happy with my results but admit to major slowing down as I haven’t lost much in the last few months. It is down to me though. While continuing to fast, my “normal” eating is really not that normal a lot of the time and I need to learn to say no to unhealthy options. As I have said previously, I think it is because I am nearly there and happy with how I look that I am a bit complacent. Crazy, because really, it wouldn’t take long if I got my act together. Anyway, I know I will get there without doubt because this really works! I am grateful to all on this thread your your support and my own Aussie Determination!

I will eventually switch to 6/1 forever. This is my way of life!

Long weekend here, may have to postpone the fast a day. I can’t decide. Have a great day all. 32 here.

You’re on Up!! Brilliant losses to date, especially after all the travelling abroad…amazing! I did my best after the christening not to eat too much, so I chose soup and fish and even declined dessert but the waitress offered me fresh fruit salad instead, which I had. So far, so good…until the cake arrived…..chocolate malteser cake…..couldn’t resist. But, I had no other meal (apart from breakfast), so hopefully, I didn’t do too much damage. Anyway, I’m going to have a really good FD tomorrow; so BRING IT ON!!!!
    Gyps – so glad you enjoyed the football and got to feel such pride in your boys! The Irish rugby team won today despite some shaky moments….phew!!
    Yes, Milena – we would have a blast in Dublin even if it’s just us two πŸ™‚ ; but I don’t mind travelling to the UK if there are other Brits who want to get together too. Let’s hope skype doesn’t add any kg, although I suppose we’d all be in the same boat! πŸ˜‰
    CG – it’s so important to take all the positives out of this wol and to remember how our awareness and attitudes have changed. We know so much more about nutrition now and how to be flexible enough to enjoy special days with family or friends so that we don’t have to be the party poopers. I hope you enjoy the sunshine, with your ‘boys’ in the garden and with nature bursting out all over 😎

Hi Fit, we can work it out, however I think we can make those Aussie girls jealous of the lovely Irish men – we will have to skype in range of some cos I don’t know about you but these days I’m a woman of a certain age – ie invisible! – must say I’m a sucker for a nice voice, and an Irish voice…… like the Scots brogue too, but I have that – drive my son made by asking him to say Lord of the Rings – love it!!!!!!!!!!!

G’Day team. Thanks Gypsy for advice and info on Thyroid function. My knee issues are actually surgically induced trauma. I had a Total Knee .replacement done some six years ago due to osteoarthritis. Although the initial pain relief was good the op was never a great success. I don’t have good flexing of that knee. Then had a ruptured Bakers Cyst to exacerbate things. It flares up occasionally and I manage it with ice packs and rest. It’s actually on the mend now so will nurse it for another day or so. Otherwise as CG says I’ll get on the truck with her cows!
    I’m planning to start fasting again on Thursday and am looking forward to it. My summer clothes are not loose and baggy – YET but I’m determined to remedy that. My current weight is 72 and my goal is 65. All achievable with help from you all.
    XX Doggy

ALL IS AOK! just had a bad computer day ….it kept dropping out so could not read all your awesome posts
    Well done UP on your loss !
    I am still hanging around the 73kgs mark.
    SJ there is no secret to my B2B …..Plenty of fluids and the HBE’s with protein in the form of 20 almonds and salad.
    DOGGY- so glad you are feeling much better and are doing well with your loss.
    FIT & MILENA- you are soooo right . I will be envious of you listening to the sexy voices of those Irish lads…. lucky you!.
    The tourists are SLOWLY leaving my paradise and heading home ….the weather has been perfect for the holidays….. we are in for a hot one today. Take care of your skin and wear the hat and sunscreen.
    Have a FAB fast day………GO GALxxxxx{{{{HUGS}}}

Will do, Boss. Up at 6am this morn, putting best foot forward with gardening/exercise chores lined up(instead of joining grand final hype at the pub). Tho I might give in to that later on. Just to grin at the line up having a hair of the dog! Don’t think the local even closed it’s doors overnight! And there were staggerers singing “we are the Champions” and weaving their way home at daylight. Probably just for a quick freshen up to head back for the eleven o’clock happy hour! They started yesterday with the footy tipping club’s end of season bash in the beer garden (and yes, The Leprechaun was deeply involved!) Whatever becomes of his liver, he’ll have the happy memory of sharing in Nth Qld’s epic first National premiership. I wouldn’t deprive him of it for quids. I’m not sure other state dwellers can conceive just what it means to die hard footy fans up this way. Pretty much like V day at the end of the war!

Haven’t seen himself so happy in years and at least it wasn’t another funeral wake! He bought a few locals home to watch the game and near lifted the roof off my joint (bet that sent the ceiling pythons slithering!). I’m still laughing (but Himself won’t be when he surfaces!)Tippy toeing so as not to wake him for a too early resumption of celebrations

Being a public holiday today there was no curfew. Cheers and clinking glasses could be heard all round our sleepy little village last night. Halifax/Ingham district is the home of many a past and present footy champ (not to mention Errol Flyn!)and the local boy’s boarding college was home to many for 5yrs of secondary education. I did an 8 year stint as their nurse while my own son was a boarder, and more recently had a 2yr retirement stint as in-house matron for Saints in Cairns. Most Northern footy stars rose through School sport and those 2 campuses had the cream of the crop, including Matty Bowen (who is a classmate and friend of my younger son)Plus the old guard (Backo and Sailor families are locals).

So yes, Suejen, I would have cheered no matter which team. Sorry about your flat champagne, mate. Not! (I’m grinning). But you can crow about your weight loss. You’re way ahead of me. I expect I’ll have a mild case of fluid retention at this point!

Milena, I think you’re wise to look at your sleep patterns if you are having plateau problems. I used to make off hand comments to dismiss my own bad habits, like, “oh, I’m a night owl” “not to worry, I thrive on stress, bring it on!” …… Mmm, sound familiar? (I shudder when I hear bright young things use those quotes now)Yep, the bigger they are the harder they fall (pardon the pun), but I was always ten foot tall and bullet proof. Until one day I wasn’t. Not a quick fix to sort through your rubble and selvedge a ruin. Renovate in timely stages is my advice. Plus, Do you know where fat goes (when we do lose it) as in HOW it exits the body? (someone posted on this subject some time back). It mostly dissipates through respirations as we burn it through muscle repair from activity/or as fuel/energy/toxin fumes. And most muscle repair happens when we are sleeping! Cheers!

GG, Did you get sucked into a wormhole? Where RU, Mate?!!! Agree cyber space is a dodgy place! xxx Gyps

Ah, see our posts crossed. Phew! Glad you made it back. So you’ll be glad to hear I’m getting lessons from my grand kids on how to finally use my dad blasted ‘smart’ phone! May not be so frightened of the thing by reunion time!

I’m functional on computer now, but regret not taking advantage of work seminars on the electronic aspect of modern nursing. I learned the mandatory applications, but refused to have one at home til my son took me in hand and presented me with a laptop several years back. It has become my only link to the world of late, but I am emerging fast with you lot on my tail!

So, ta, all, for your perserverence with my oddities. CG, don’t know about a ‘gem’ but you certainly dug me up!

You’ve got us all intrigued about the surprise. Onya! I am working on ways to smuggle booze…. I hear groans from the nether regions, V day begins with a cup of tea, I think. cheers! gyps

Hi everyone woke to a grey blustery rainy day here, rest of week looking good though. So I’ve christened this week the Hit the 60’s week & all I require is a 69. something to make it. My plan at this stage: do my TDEE every day to ensure I’m on track; exercise every day inside if I have to like today; do a 4:3 quite possibly or a B2B and of course as always watch my portions & treats.
    I’m pushing myself cos I think I need the motivation of hitting the 60’s to get moving again. I mean it was sometime in June that I hit 69.7 but never to be seen again. So it just won’t do! I won’t have it and refuse to be complacent about it any longer……I need some results folks.
    So have had my morning coffee & will see how long how I can go before my HB egg – usually around 2pm. Heading over to MFP to log the plan for the day & then stick to it. Though it’s not FD’s that are a problem for me at all it’s the feed days that wreck my efforts – like many of us I think. So my feed days are going to be very lean this week.
    Have a good FD all if planned for today – most of us I guess. Put in the planning and reap the rewards…..better health, slimmer you, new clothes, better results at the dr’s etc etc. It’s ALL good!! suejen XXXX

Start Weight: 82.4
    Present Weight: 70.9
    Goal Weight: 64

Such a lot of positive vibes today team, it’s great and contagious ? this support is what is helping us all to keep going, and WE CAN DO IT
    Up, your an inspiration to us all, it hasn’t been easy with all your travels to stay on track, but you have, well done ☺️
    Gypsy, enjoy your celebration because tomorrow IS another day and so easy to switch your fasting days on 5:2 making it sooo user friendly ?
    Doggy, I hope your improvement continues, stay positive I’m sure you will get there after such a rotten run of being under the weather.
    GG glad your paradise is starting to get back to normal hugs to you, and you look great at 73k and I know how well you feel ☺️
    Fit and Melina,half the fun is in the planning no matter where you end up, I’m sure you’ll have a ball.
    Well into the chores team, working off a few cals, boys being groomed, which is quite timely with this hot spell, so back out later to pick them up, enjoy your day knowing tomorrow it’s only PC day and those foods/drinks your hanging for are available then ? and don’t forget, water, water, water! ?xxxxxxxxxxx

Another FD and actually feeling really cold. SJ the south’s grey, blustery weather has arrived here with a vengeance. Thinking of a La Zuppa soup early just to warm up. OK when doing the housecleaning but with OH home, he has taken over some chores so finished ahead of time and so feeling the cold. SJ your Chris’s painting was lovely, all the grandkids gave it a big thumbs up too. Were grateful for the air conditioning in the pavilion to cool off a bit before hitting the Animal nursery across the way as well! Had a beautiful calf follow me around butting my leg and trying to chew/suck my jeans much to my 7 yr old grandson’s amusement. Made it a bit hard to see the other baby animals!

CG you can colour me confused about the reunion/s. Had to read on the run but there seems to be two going????? One in Sydney and one in Queensland? Not to mention Fit and Milena in there somewhere! Sheesh. Treading carefully at the moment financially speaking also but will give you some sort of answer when I sort everything out. πŸ™‚

Up we don’t have daylight saving here in the West and that’s how I like it. Having said that someone is trying to raise it’s hoary head again in today’s paper. Along the lines that younger voters haven’t had a chance to choose yet. Yada Yada Yada. Sure you get which side of the fence I sit on!

Lotus wonderful to see you again. Doggie admire the way you are hanging in there. Trust you improve day by day.

Off to have some soup. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone whether fasting or PCing. YY xx

YY I would soo love it if you could come across from the west with me. We could travel together! Then we’d be good friends by the time we arrived I reckon. I’m waiting for brilliant specials that do come up this time of year. OH is also iffing about whether we can afford for me to go or not with our USA trip to visit family in My/June happening too. But I’m determined to get there by one means or another! CG I’m certainly saving all my coins (and his!) to get me there.
    Anyway have a think about it & email me YY if you’d prefer to chat about it that way.

Yes the weather today is nasty and blustery but looks like it may be clearing as I can see some blue skies now. Reunion next year is definitely Sydney but this lot is so keen on reunions YY that they’re already talking about Nth Q’land for 2017 with Gypsy at the helm – boy that would be some get-together!! Maybe you could make that one instead.

Having fun printing off photos off the grandkids that I don’t get to see. Thought it might make me sad but no quite the opposite. I LOVE walking past and seeing them & smiling back & wondering what they’re up to! Keeping me busy too which is great for a FD. sj XXXX

Suejen if I get to go would love a travel companion. Have to confess that the Nth Qld. reunion appeals. Always wanted to visit Queensland. Will probably email later when I have some more time to think/talk to OH about it.

So cold here we have the heater on for a bit but with temps due to rise again to 31 by Friday, feel a bit mad!

Lots of grandkid photos around our house too, helped when they all went to live in Thailand for a couple of years and often smile back at photos I pass during the day.

4:26, dinner on the horizon!! Steak and veg instead of salad – too cold. Thank goodness for cabbage and cauli! YY xx

Afternoon all. Well the township has gone quiet again. Lots of sore heads heading to work tomorrow. The media hype over the Cowboys historic win is right for a change. It was an epic game and certainly the best grand final I’ve ever seen. That should make the Broncos feel proud, even tho they lost. It’s a credit to QLD all the way.

Yummy, hope you do make it to the reunion. Perhaps you and SJ could twin share for the most cost effective way? I know we are all a little reluctant to share a room without having met, but it makes sense if we aren’t millionairs. The kids of today fearlessly travel the world on a shoestring and conventions have changed. Think of it a as a very modern way to travel. These days it’s common practice for strangers to bunk down in any combination for budget accommodation, backpackers, ymca hostels, cruise ships. Uni halls don’t even have segregated ablution blocks and Unisex hospital wards shocked me when it happened. It’s commonplace now. College roomies start out as strangers. And bus or train travel over long distances puts strangers shoulder to shoulder for days. There’s an element of adventure in us getting together anyway, so think of it as “The WTF tour, and consider it our boot camp. At boarding school the new students are taken to an orientation camp and given sleeping bags to sleep side by side on a shed floor. Fun makes familiarity easier and, well, fun! Perhaps our first group activity should be to book the sauna, don our towels, order champagne and have a massage. After that I doubt we’ll be strangers! Fun, girls! This is not a serious event. It’s something to look forward to and a focus for our wt loss and fitness goals. Think of ways to cause group happiness. it doesn’t have to be expensive. A multi course Chinese banquet in the nearby China town? Harbour cruise to Manly on the ferry? Fish and chips on the beach (with bootleg booze – handbag flasks! get one!) perhaps we need to take up a disaster fund collection for anyone who breaks a nail or needs bail?

Ah, yes, the fasting wafties are kicking in, only 150 cals so far. Craving wine. Won’t! I’ll save up for Sydney! (new mantra).

So. CG and I were discussing possible Northern venues for 2017. (one needs ongoing incentives to stay this WOE (saving on groceries puts another coin in your cookie jar). There are many layback destinations in the North for a tropical paradise type holiday (and I think we should go for different experiences if we are to be ongoing. Maybe make it to a different member’s state each time? That evens degree of travel expence in turn, you think? Yes, of course I’m getting ahead of myself! floating away! just getting sooo skinny! Lookit those fat fumes floating out the winder!… (Shuddup Zelda.. )

So, back on topic, I suggested the Cairns beach resort area. PALM COVE is the most central and has the most variety of activities, multi resort style accommodation complexes, fun bars, eateries, ambience miles of beach under swaying palm trees, close off shore reef and islands to view. (tho not sure if there are any of them with resorts let after cyclone Yasi) the water is gorgeous and patrolled by lifesavers weekends at least (eye candy if you don’t want to exercise and other muscles). I can get up there at some stage (my son lives in Cairns) and research the place for bus runs to sightsee Cairns city and other beaches. Or what ever any of you see on the web that appeals.

You can google MELALEUCA RESORT, palm cove QLD. FOR AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT’S AVAILABLE THROUGH MY COUPONS AS ACCOMMODATION. but there are plenty of others and a wide price range. The sea front is more expensive, but more like paradise. Like a mini surfers Paradise, but low-rise no skyscrapers, just more tropical and far better beaches with gentle waves, no dangerous surf.

Port Douglas is another possibility. (look it up on Google Earth), It is quite doable to have a day trip from Palm Cove to see Port Douglas. Really scenic coastal drive – lovely on a motorbike, Ha! I could get a bunch of bikers on Harleys to give you ladies the tour in style.( You think?) – Or you could all count on taking a week and splitting it between those two Beach communities or Cairns city, which also has a great touristy esplanade with night markets and the feel of being overseas with all the multicultural eateries on the sidewalk, and pier, alfresco style. Cairns has the far North’s only international airport. So It’s Your arrival point (are you listening Milena and Fit?) .

So things to dream about while your starving, girls. God, I’ve been on here for hours, Sorry about the loooooong post. going now. xx Gyps

Hi All!
    Well it’s a FD for me and I’m determined to be very strict and to keep busy. I’ve decided to have breakfast (porridge) because our Indian Summer has ended with a bang and I woke up to wind, rain and cold…..brrrrrrr! My uncle is coming to visit this evening so I’ll give him an omelette for his tea/supper, and that will be my only other meal today. Lots of water and green tea and painting my furniture to use outdoors….so it’s going to be a very satisfying, creative day! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Milena – not so sure about the sexy Irish men’s accents, when you hear them all the time, it’s not such a novelty! However, I do love the Scots accent and as for the Welsh…mmmmm! πŸ˜‰ Wherever we are, we’ll have the craic and make those aussies jealous πŸ™‚ (only jokin, ADers!!!) Am starting my WFT 2 coin jar now, so hopefully make it for 2017.
    Doggy – hope your knee is beginning to settle down and that you are seeing improvement every day. Chin up, it will come! Xxxx
    GG – glad you’re back online and loving the joy and positivity of your post! Have a great time in the sunshine, I’ll have to absorb it over the airways from you because I think that’s the last of the sun for us for a while πŸ™
    Gyps – you sure are sucking up all the fun around the footy and delighted to hear that your leprechaun is having such a wonderful time too….you are so right to go with the flow and let him enjoy this time with his mates….no point in being the strict ‘matron’ at the moment. (You can save that for the WTF tour! πŸ˜‰ )
    SJ – loving your determination this week to see the 60s and I’m sure you will succeed. I’m gaining strength and determination too just from reading your post, so well done and thanks for the inspiration. I’m tired of this see-saw now and I want to see some real and lasting progress so….BRING IT ON!
    CG – yes, I’m loving the positivity here today too….a great way to start the week. I’m sure your boys will have enjoyed their pampering day and will look great too, especially heading into hot weather, they will feel much more comfortable. Have a wonderful day xxx
    YY – glad you enjoyed the show; SJ’s OH does amazing paintings and it must have been wonderful to see his work in the flesh, so to speak. It would be lovely for you and SJ to travel together to the reunion…the start of a beautiful friendship!
    Ok, gang, enough lollygagging around now…better get started on the painting! Have a terrific week and don’t forget to fill us in on some more of your family history/background on Wonderful Wednesday to get us over the mid-week slump xxxxx

Gyps, talk about grab the pipe, slippers and a sherry to read your posts. It’s better than grabbing a book ? always so interesting and enjoyable. Our 2017 tour will pretty much be reliant on you I think, I’ve never been that far North, and GG picked Darling Harbour because she knows it. I’m thinking maybe Perth, or Margaret River even Broome, which I’d love to see the following year, or am I getting a hit to ahead of myself. We are really becoming a travel group aren’t we ? and why not, most of us are retired and gives us something to plan for. Yum yum don’t stress too much, finances always have to be considered and there is always the following year to save for now it sounds to be a go annually. Even then, we could do it biannually if it pulled on our pensions too heavily.
    Another fast day done and dusted, very easy today in the heat, wasn’t really hungry and didn’t have dinner till 8.00 with only a bit of salmon for lunch. Our fickle weather is going to change tomorrow arvo, then a low of 8 coming up too, can you believe it, then mid 20’s after that.
    Have an enjoyable evening team, Fit happy painting, see you all tomorrow ? xxxxxx

Nite CG

Fit, hope your christening went well. Like the sound of your garden room. Does it have an Eskimo tunnel for the snow season? Can’t imagine not being able to get out in the sun all year round! Or snow on the doorstep. Just thinking It seems like such a short while since we were sweating and shivering respectively on our opposite sides of the globe and here we are back to the reverse again (of course I know your Irish brain knows what I mean!) It’s going to be so hot here while you are freezing over there.

So that is a point for everyone to consider when thinking about a visit to Nth Qld, It gets hot and stays hot in Summer, Nov through March with none of the fluctuating climate variations they get in the South. You won’t want to be frying on any beach in that. And then there’s the monsoon season usually January/ March. When It sheets down flood rain for weeks at a time. So our best weather is usually from May to October. September being my favourite time of year. It is also the good months that are peak season for the Southern regulars who come North for to escape Southern winter. So pre booking is always better to lock in deals. Far distant goal at this point, but start looking and sieve the facts, we need goals to aim for and a year goes fast! I’m off to the land of nod before I break out and swallow the fridge. Nit all xx gyps.

Yes, Gyps – the christening was a very happy celebration and the little man was the star of the show! He was thoroughly tired out after being passed around amongst all the relations because we all wanted a cuddle!
    How did your fast go, Up? Is the race still on? I weighed the same this morning as Saturday, so didn’t do any damage at the christening πŸ™‚ Am hanging tough on my FD; so hope I’ll stay strong for the rest of the day and see a change on the scales tomorrow. However, for me, that’s just the start of the battle because I’m not good on portion control on NFDs. Hoping to be more disciplined for all seven days of the week now, not just the two FDs. Best of luck!

Good morning team, what a buggar of a night, even with the ceiling fan over the bed going, so not sure if it was the heat or post fast! Still very hot this morning then a change coming through later this arvo. Too hot too quick, we seem to zigzag like our scales, nothing is gradual so we don’t get a chance to get used to it. 35 expected with 100kh winds, so a real fire danger day! A dirty day!
    We seem to have lost our newbies, I hope our talk of the reunion hasn’t over shadowed our base cause here. If you are still hovering, please understand our excitement , it really only involves a few of us “oldies” but we are all very conscious of our 5:2 and doing it as regularly as ever.
    I hope yesterdays fast was a success, I found it very easy, as with most Mondays for some reason, watch your PC (Portion Control-Personal Care ?) today, we DO get complacent on normal days undoing the work of our fast. Stick with your TDEE, that’s very important, and you do feel rewarded with your scales.
    Look forward to a lovely day team, plan something out of the norm if possible, even something different for dinner, life is to enjoy, to be lived, so get pleasure and surprise out of what you do ? xxxxxxxx

One thing I forgot to say team, is remember fresh cold water for your pets too with this heat, they do need a lot more than usual, my boys drink a lot normally and get thirsty playing in the garden, but with the heat, just laying around, I find the water bowls need topping up daily. …. ? xxxxxxx

Fit, you have one up on me already!

I postponed the fast for what I thought were sensible reasons and then have just realised this morning that I am going out to a blues/gypsy jazz thing tonight and probably won’t want to drink water all night. Hmm.

Friday is my birthday so that’s not looking good either. Don’t think I could do a B to B like some, so may only be one proper fast this week. However, I will weigh in on Friday morning. We shall see!
    And yes, it is definitely on!

My fast didn’t go so well either, Up. My uncle was two hours late, so I was starving when he arrived and ate more than I had attended! He also brought a huge box of chocolates which I have put away but there’s a little devil sitting on my shoulder and whispering in my ear “Go on, just one won’t do any harm!” Eeeeeeeeeek!! Help!!! Have a wonderful time at the music night and for your birthday…..5:2 will wait xxxx
    CG – really hope the weather conditions don’t cause any trouble for your part of the world; take care pal! Well done on your FD and best of luck with PC days…have to get my act together about sticking under my TDEE. I know it will make the difference and hopefully make any loss permanent!

Hello gang. CG we are having the same horrible weather here. It’s still school holidays here and this is a very popular holiday area having a few beautiful beaches and good fishing facilities. So there are lots of people about. Although we have a total fire ban for our region today I’m still anxious about pyromaniacs or just plain careless people.
    I’m happy to report that I’m getting better all the time and the B knee is also a lot better.
    Today I’m in my capris and the coolest top I could find. It’s not a pretty sight. So I made a promise to myself to start fasting again on Thursday, stick to my TDEE and cut down or even eliminate most carbohydrates. I’ve got the makings of a salad for lunch and we are having steamed fish with salad for supper. I’d love to loose 5 kilos by Christmas. It’s a tall order but I’m sure going to give it my best shot.
    Enjoy your day team.

Doggy be kind to yourself, you have been through a lot. Your meals sound fine and I too am in shorts and singlet top. Bloody hot and an awful wind, the pool was beautiful this morning but worked a bit hard I think so pretty tender! There are a lot of fires on the CFA site, but the one which was close is contained. Yes I’d like to drop another 5k too but still happy where I am, considering where I’ve been ? and if it’s meant to be, it will happen. I think too, the plateau give my skin time to catch up ? What do you weigh now, and where did you start, from memory your weight is low anyway. We can always find fault in ourselves but try to see the positives instead ? and if we drop another 5 would we be looking for even more? I feel “miss average” now, no one would look at me and say I’m fat, but definitely not skinny either fortunately ? so if my body wants to drop more it will with my fasts.
    Stay safe, and cool, ☺️ xxxxxxxxx

Afternoon Team…. Its sooo hot here on the coast. One minute you are in jampers and leggings the next you are skyclad with AC and ceiling fans going. Itys expected to be 36deg in my area. Am at work today as was called in… so just home for lunch.
    FD went well yesterday……am so glad to be back to eating PC meals and yummy salads. I drank so much water yesterday I have again added to the water shortage in the area….as NO rain at this time.
    Fit -lovely to hear all went smoothly at the christening.All had a crack of a time.
    Have a wonderful day …..keep up the fluids AND don’t forget to use the sunscreen and the hat……GO GAL

HI All no internet last night & lost a long post that I’d just finished. So won’t even try to remember what I wrote or replies. Excellent FD yesterday had a coffee with splash of milk for brekky then nothing until my HB egg at 4pm. Then a really nice chicken & bacon casserole – unbelievably it had WINE in it too, and it’s a 5:2 recipe at only 249 cals. So I made myself believe that I still had my glass of wine anyway!
    Dawg so glad you’re getting better…better…better & your meals for today sound yummo.

After a miserable day yesterday today is looking good meant to be 20 but a way to go yet. So we’re nothing like the eastern states. Our turn will come. But rest of week mid 20’s at least & all fine. Looking to have a fantastic PC day & about to log onto MFP to make sure. Nothing is going to wreck my efforts this week and certainly not myself! Enjoy your day all, battle through the heat (helps with the weight loss) and enjoy your foods. Remember you can eat what you want, just not truckloads of it LOL
    suejen XXXX

More hot weather still to come for the week. It has really dried of the grass. The wind is really bad with things flying everywhere. I am still managing to lose weight with the change to salads. I am picking lettuce leaves and the peas are flowering. The tomatoes have managed to survive the frosts that we had by using some frost cloth.

I have picked up some cheap dresses that I can wear at the moment. I have to wait for the fat to come off the stomach. I did pick up some cheap jeans in two different sizes as my current ones are getting baggy. I have not been able to go swimming as my previous bathers were a size 22. I picked up one a couple of years ago size 14 tried them on the other night. They now fit. Round around the stomach but I usually wear a T Shirt any way as I burn easily. Our Scottish ancestry.

I have hit some mini goals, now overweight not obese. Next is under 68kg. Then I will be weigh less that my son at 170cm and then have less than 15kg to go. Doing this is the best way for me to keep on track.

GL did I read that right? You want to get to 68k then lose another 15k? There will be nothing of you! What weight did you start at and what are you now? You are certainly doing the right thing, that’s for sure. Even gardening is a wonderful exercise and burns heaps of cals ? the lighter salads do make a difference too, I guess they hold a lot of water, salad veg, and it just goes through us! It’s usually all we feel like in this heat too. It shouldn’t last long, change expected later but a warning of what we are in for through summer I think. Glad your finding clothes to see you through, I stupidly bought new ones as the weight started to drop and they are now too big. At least size 14 …..in most brands fit now ? have a lovely day and stay cool xxxx

I am only 5′ 1″ I should be about 8 1/2 stone in the old measurements. This used to be size 12 now it is either 6 or 8. My very skinny daughter in these sizes was even to big for my wedding dress. My mother was always telling me I was fat and ugly, for as long as I could remember. A plain Jane.

At one stage I could not get a 60 inch tape measure around as I was that big. It has come down in 10 kg lots over the years. It started to go up again in Jan this year and got onto this book. I had one false start dropping 8 kgs, then started again at the start of August 2015.

Morning All. Agree CG, time to knuckle down and put the reunion on the back burner for a bit. (I for one was starting to sound like a travelogue!). Let us not forget the main topic! It’s 5:2 that got us fit and healthy enough to be thinking about an adventure holiday. From my end, anyway, and I would encourage anyone to join us and share the support we’ve given to each other.

So my fast day went well. Under 500cals. I am exercising in HIT bike mode, Weights, plus pilates type abdo tighteners and flexibility. I use a body shaker (vibration disc) to hopefully tighten the skin sags as it happens. All on alternate days, being aware of the need for adequate rest/sleep for muscle building and repair. (over exercising = system stress and cortisol retention = insulin resistance = belly fat= PLATEAU OR WORSE……FAILURE!)

So – BEST FOOT FORWARD. I am back to logging my tdee and FD’s on MFP. I am limiting carbs (all days) being aware of Portion control and cutting down on booze consumption. (none on FD’s and trying for less on other days. I CAN do this! And I WILL. I AM DOING THIS!!!!!

I DIDN’T break out and go to the second round of footy celebrations. (enough supporters dropped in to keep me in the loop! and there are flapping footy flags flying all down the street in this wind!)

They are all less than chirpy now, whilst I have started to feel the benefits of exercising again (Ouch!) and sooo happy to report I am maintaining at 84.6 K’s! Arooooooo!

So happy to see a downward trend after being stuck on an 85/86 zigzag for months!

So Suejen, how are you going? Do we have a 5kg (loss) goal for Xmas? Let’s do it! I have set myself a goal to make 76kgs by reunion time. That will be 8.4 kgs from this point.. (And it will bring me to a 20 kg loss in total if I make it)….. Oh, dear, I’ll need a new wardrobe for Sydney… better start a dollar coin jar!

So that’s:
    Start wt. 94kgs (since Sep. 2014 – 13m months)
    Present wt. 84.6 kgs
    Goal wt. 76kgs.

Away to polish my halo. And attend to my bubbling still. Bonus? I can get a fume buzz without the sugar rush. Don’t forget your flasks, ladies!

CG, I am putting down your Bouron in it’s oak keg on this windy day in October (what is it with August winds in October?!!). So it’ll be nicely aged by March. That’ll fix wot ever ails ya’ , quaranteed! Cheers! Gyps

Though I must say the weather is still blowing a gale here, raining, too. What’s going on? This is August weather! In October? which used to be all calm and clear with blue skies and great boating weather. My brothers all fish and they are complaining loudly. They leave the big boat at anchor in the bay and row out, for most of the year, but have to dry dock it for the monsoonal/cyclone season. August is usually dodgy for high seas, but was like a mill pond, clear to the outer Islands (off Cardwell via the Hinchinbrook channel)

Hi All. Cold start to our day here, only 6 deg.!! We’re supposed to get to 20 later and with no cloud in sight should get there. Up to the 30’s by Friday. Crazy weather patterns all round as we’ve had our hottest spring days in September ever and now breaking out the trackies and Uggs again!!
    So, good FD yesterday. Came in under 500 but don’t try and weigh until after 2nd FD of the week. Have had to add a belt to my jeans so something must be going on and that roll between bra and waist seems a tad smaller. Mind you it still takes up a lot of space as I’m chronically short waisted. Bit of a worry with the old rockmelons sliding south too. Not a good look.

Not sure how my PC days are going as I don’t track. Never did put MFP on my new phone and some days portions are down, others not so much. Anyone else getting a bit weary of thinking food?

We’ve just had a guy in to quote to install air conditioning in two rooms that badly need it. Managed to get OH off into the study/sewing room with all his music equipment and the price is air conditioning. I sewed etc in there for at least 20 years without……. sold off my desk and overlocker and just kept sewing machine as no baby grandkids to have to do for now and can use it on another table when needed.

CG our precocious Sugarplum gets her bowls regularly refilled but still demands running water from the basin in the main bathroom. Got OH round her not so little paws. (She’s a Rag-doll and on the large side.)

Happy painting Fit and stay cool all you poor wilting flowers on the East coast. TTYS YY xx

GL it’s vey hard to ever get over that sort of comment from a mother, but you ARE a beautiful person, you ARE unique, you are tending Gods garden and enjoying life. No matter where you have been or what’s in the past, remember that’s what it is THE PAST, you are making wonderful progress so feel proud dear girl, you have every right to. ?
    Gypsy I swear I can taste your brew already ? and what I can’t put away I shall bring back here and sip each night to our memory ?and yes the weather is just so unseasonal right now, global warming at it most fierce, it has come so quickly to us all, I used to think ” not in my life time” but it makes you wonder what our grand children will have to contend with. Careful of all that exercise, you’ll have muscles like Arnold Schwartneger ☺️(sp?) but you know who I mean.
    Yy we all get tired of checking but look at the improvements you are noticing already with your clothes, so it is paying off. I just stupidly had 2 chocolate biscuits with my coffee whilst home care was here grrrrr, just had THAT urge! Quiche for dinner with salad to use up an over supply of eggs, so most of the day has been healthy and still well under my TDEE although I find doing that doesn’t aid my fast!
    This latest download on my ipad is a pain in the A, it’s got a mind of its own, and often, nothing types, then speed types to catch up with me, bloody pest! Whinge over ?

Well I started my 5:2 effort yesterday doing 2pm – 7pm …starting Monday and We’d nights I hope it will work, splitting two 250 cal meals over the period . Dinner – an omelette with bocchoy and snowpeas and lunch – tuna with the same vegetables and and orange with lot of soda water. This seems to work.
    I have hit 87 kg, one year ago I hit 80 and just kept getting out of control. busy life, other half living interstate with work, just got into bad habits like eating chocolate. At 21 I was 52 kg, thinking I was large!, now I am 47 and I am large even at 157 cm. I have to buy clothes to fit and can’t use some of the beautiful things I have.

So I will commit to this group and will try and check in daily. I did use this program 2 years ago, it worked. I would like to find out what you think of the 2pm start, I find it fits in with work, kids and stuff. I also like routine so the 2 egg omelet with green veg and tinned tuna with veg is something to look forward to and easy to manage.

Here I go , I need to do this, it is getting me down to see this state I am getting into.

Looking forward to sharing my experience.

Regards Change

Hi Change, well, you’ve come to the right place with AUSSIE DETERMINATION and if you can hold that positve attitude, you’re winning already. The 2-7 is fine, whatever you find works for you and your meals are well planned. Work out your TDEE at the top of the page in the How it Works section and stay within that on non fast days. Counting cals can be a pest but so worthwhile. We all downloaded MyFitness Pal, it’s free and very easy to use, it helps stay on track with your foods. Logging in daily is a definate help because you then know YOU ARE NOT ALONE, there is always someone to reply. Welcome aboard and we will encourage and support you on this joyrney CG ? xxxx

Gad Yummy (I’m cackling) here’s to our rockmelons! And the ‘rolls royce’ as I dub my flab flap! So good to be in good company! Tho I am (or used to be) long waisted, so now its sort of a graduating, convoluted effect with the rockmelons overlapping the waist(ed)line and the belly flapping over everything else! It is reducing, but Thank God for up lifting bras – and mates! do try for the reunion.

GL, and I am also a shorty (5’2″) But never a twiggy like you were. If you have come back from a girth in excess of a 60 inch tape, then I commend you! That is one hell of an achievement! We all know what it takes. Mothers don’t always get it right, they are our creators, true, any goose can lay an egg, but their hatchlings have been known to grow into swans. See yourself through our eyes and you won’t fit her bill anymore. Hang in there, kid and stick with us!

CG, indeed, tis a fine drop. I’ll have one for ya’ in the meantime. xxgyps

Hi All!
    Hoping you are all safe and able to stay either warm or cool depending on the need! Yes, the world’s weather has indeed gone crazy…..it’s impossible to know what to expect next. But stay safe, hydrated and healthy, dear friends. It’s quite a pleasant morning again here but lots of rain on the way later. Never mind, I have lots more painting and waxing to do on my old furniture. It’s very therapeutic and I can feel very virtuous about upcycling, instead of throwing out and buying new πŸ™‚
    Doggy – remember; slow and steady wins the race…and that applies to recovery from illness as well as 5:2. You are doing well and will keep going from strength to strength. It’s hard to stay cool and dress for the hot weather when we’re not supermodels but it’s better to be comfortable. Do what’s best for you xxx
    CG – glad you enjoyed the pool but don’t overdo it in the heat. You are far from ‘Miss Average’ in any sense of the word….in fact, you’re one in a million! What an excellent idea to keep some of Gypsy’s bourbon to savour and bring back fab memories after the reunion. Smell and taste are great senses for bringing back vivd memories. Enjoy!!
    GG – good to hear you are coping with the weather extremes and drinking lots (of water! πŸ˜‰ ). Yes the christening was a lovely time and now my godson’s wedding is less than two weeks way; so more happy times ahead! I know it probably sounds ridiculous but I use sunscreen factor 30 every day after a close call with pre-cancerous spots on my face. I’m terrified of it coming back.
    SJ – so hate it when you lose a long post…bummer πŸ™ Your chicken and bacon dish sounds delish, must look it up. Hope you had a great PC day; you are really channelling aussie determination!!
    GL – you have made wonderful progress so far and I’m sure you will achieve all your goals. I don’t think any of us can go back to the weight we were when we were very young, as it doesn’t really suit the ‘more mature’ lady!! However, going from obese to overweight and then to ‘normal’ range would be a marvellous achievement and so much better for your health so keep up the good work πŸ™‚ How a mother could make those remarks is beyond me, but the problem was clearly hers, not yours…listen to CG and believe in yourself and your intrinsic worth xxx
    Gosh, Gyps – you too have come a long way and you are so active now, you will have no problem losing that next 5kg. Well done on all the changes you have made πŸ™‚ I’m sure your halo is positively gleaming now!!
    YY – hope you get the a/c sorted – I’m sure it will make a big difference. Isn’t it wonderful when your clothes start to tell the story of the success of this wol….woohoo!!!! I must admit I get a bit tired of thinking about what to eat or not to eat and whether I’m above or below TDEE etc…however, the alternative is to eat mindlessly, gain weight, be unhappy and unhealthy – so I suppose it’s a small price to pay. So hang on to all the positives; clothes fit better, your health is benefitting, the compliments will be pouring in and hopefully, you will get to meet a great gang of new friends next year!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Welcome, Change…..follow all the advice from the experts here and ask any questions you like….we usually have an opinion on just about everything and no topic is out of bounds…so dive in and enjoy the fun as well as the support and encouragement to be successful in this way of life.
    Ok, back to the painting for me…have a great day everyone and don’t forget the family history day!! Xxxxx

Welcome Change! your name already has a ring to it! I assume you mean 2pm one day until 7pm the next? Bottom line is what ever works for you. And this forum is all about tweeking, changing and sharing what works! good luck and look forward to sharing your progress. Stick with it. Regards, Gyps

Viewing 50 posts - 8,301 through 8,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.