Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,251 through 8,300 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi All!
    I’m aussie determined to do a good fast today as my godson’s wedding is just two weeks away and I really want to look and feel my best – it should be a good old knees up! πŸ™‚
    SJ – sending you lots of hugs (((( )))). It’s hard to stay upbeat and positive all the time and you have been doing so well. I hope you find the gardening therapeutic and restorative. Take care, pal xx
    Gyps – thank you for the kind words xx. I can’t wait to see the poetic results of the WTF tour! The world is such an interesting place with you and your various personalities in it!!! πŸ˜‰ Brilliant idea to start a WTF spare change jar, so that, in the end, when you count up the contents you can say “WTF…how much?!!” πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Well done on your fasting and exercise regime and the start of the weight loss again, good on ya!
    CG – how kind of you to be organising a surprise for the reunion. I don’t think I got an official title, but maybe I could be the overseas correspondent or the foreign secretary!! Unfortunately, my OH is going off the idea of travelling next year as he thinks we have overdone the spending on the home improvements. Also, his godson, who lives in Sydney and was one of the big reasons for making the trip, has decided to come to Ireland next June, so the need to visit him is now gone. Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted πŸ™ Sounds like you had a lovely relax out on your deck, well deserved xxxx
    Doggy – delighted to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but you are right to go slowly and to take things easy.
    LD – you have made a great start, so don’t stress about how hard some days are; it’s up and down all the time but in general it does get easier, so hang on in there.
    CQ – glad you found FD easy and wishing you the best of luck with the food project.
    I’m looking forward to the christening of my grand-nephew (the one home from Sydney) on Sunday; it will be a great family occasion. FD going well so far, just had black coffee and water. Aussie determination is working well today…..BRING IT ON!!

OK…so posts crossed again. Well done Gyps on remembering all the titles. I’m much happier with Rainbow Consultant…what a kind thing to say….thank you so much and much less boring than I titles I came up with. CG and GG – you are just such wonderful people and I am so sorry not to be meeting you in person this time around…..maybe up north in 2017?

CG, happy with being tagged by you. ‘Matron’ sounds like a promotion coming from a nurse! Time for z’s. Nite all xx gyps

Hi Fit, don’t stress re the reunion, the following one is planned in Queensland and it looks very tropical, which is how I think Australia is viewed by most people overseas, so it will be worth saving for ? and have to agree with your O/H getting the priorities is so important. I’m sure you will look beautiful for ALL your up and coming social events, and how lovely family is coming over to you. You and our Gypsy have done so well with your fasting, I’m sure the results will show. I’m not sure what I’ve had today, didn’t bother with dinner tonight, but seemed to pick most of the day so I guess it was a semi fast, but a lot of chores done, so plenty of cals burnt….I hope ? I do have a little surprise in the works, but still working on it, and you wont miss out, I promise! ☺️
    10:00pm here and another day over, where did it go! Grand final in our footy tomorrow, very hot day expected, so a bit of elbow bending will be done in typical Aussie fashion by so many people ? including yours truly I guess, medicinal and thirst quenching only…of course ?…have a lovely day as yours is just starting, and try to find time to do something just for you ? you deserve it xxxxxxxx

Night Matron xxxx

Oh Fit was soo looking forward to meeting you in Oz….all the way from Ireland. We’ll certainly have to do a skype session with you & any others. And yes Fit the gardening was very therapeutic. It was 5yo grandson’s birthday this week & that’s the 3rd grandchild’s birthday we’ve missed since our split, so it ate away at me during the week. But much more upbeat after a spot of nature.
    CG OH is looking favourably on a trip over for me (yeah!) so need to look at booking soon. Was surprised as we do have our big trip just after that, but if he’s happy that’s foine with me!! Will confirm with you when I’ve booked so that it’s 100% sure. Expect it will be 3 nights.
    Ooh I too like surprises CG….but I can tell that you’re not one to give anything away no matter WHAT we say or bribe or cajole you with!!!
    CQ all the best with your food project. Sounds like it’s keeping you very busy. Thanks for the good wishes to everyone.
    LDove you take any loss that you get and proudly announce it and own it!! Well done. Keep up the good work.
    Doggy I will quietly say Hooray that Dawg is getting better then I shouldn’t jinx you at all. Hope the trend continues & you’re on the up and up…….and up.
    PH great work on another kg loss. You’re doing fantastic!!
    Gyps I’m with you on the getting serious about some more weight loss. So glad that you’ve pitched into it with such enthusiasm! We can rev each other up now & then. XX

Well think that’s it for me tonight. FD done & dusted. A jarrah hot choc waiting & maybe a little yoghurt – have to just log MFP first & check cals. Think I have plenty left. Gardening kept me busy. I mostly find that can last till about 2pm with just a coffee with a little milk in in the mornings. Then a HB egg & a cuppa vegemite & then more cals left for dinner – or I leave plenty to spare & hope for better weight loss.
    suejen XXXX
    PS thanks for the encouragement too folks. Much appreciated.

PPS I know I’m madam secretary but……..I haven’t kept each of the previous lists of the team as they change so often. So was the email we got from DIIP – was that Yvonne? Anyone got a better memory than me (that’s NOT hard to do folks!!!). Hoping someone will remember. sj XX

Yvonne is Tacofox or Taco for short. Yes, I’m disappointed to be missing the reunion but would love to skype if that’s possible. Having a bit of a down day myself – OH just left for France and will be away for 10 days and yesterday I found out that best friends of ours are calling an end to their marriage after 25 years together. They are parting amicably but it’s still very sad.

It’s Tacofox, suejen. May she return. Her title is truly “WTF!”. A true Battler. I’ll light a candle.

Glad you are coming to the reunion. Don’t forget the Minutes! And may we beat the flab together!

Fit. sob. Hope you make it next time…..

Buildings shelter, buildings last,
    Buildings hold our mem’ries past
    Buildings rise from dreams of men
    Thus dreaming is important then…
    To nail and mortar give its due
    But ne’er forget the dreams… of you!

Stay upright all! definitely going to bed now (got waylaid by the extra posts) will post the Northern reunion venue possibility tomorrow.

Nite CG. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gyps

Hi all,

Went out to lunch which turned into a long lunch and then dinner with friends. Thanks for the info. Will contact tomorrow. I,Ve done it again…another blowout! But boy was it worth it. Friend needed cheering up and that is right up my alley so….???, playing sillybuggars and a game of cards was in order. Nite night!!!sleep tight.. I know I will.

Suejen, great news you are coming, hugs all round, we will cheer you up when you arrive ? we are all expecting a fun time, a few drinks a lot of laughs and plenty of” get to know you’s” ?
    PH times like that should never be missed, that’s what life is about,benjoyment, 5:2 is not only flexible but very forgiving
    Taco, so so glad to here from you, are you going to join us?? I didn’t twig who Yvonne was either ☺️
    Fit why is it all bad news comes together? We have all had those “kicked when we are down” times, but things will pick up, I’m sure your friend will appreciate your friendly shoulder, and we never goes on behind closed doors ?
    So back to bed for me all, nighty nite xxxx.

Hi everyone

especially Fit – I’ve been cooking the books – or do I me planning and budgeting – to see if I could go next year, but the boys both want to go motor racing – or as I call it, getting frustrated and burning pound notes to feel better – OH hasn’t done any for about eight years, might be nine unless ebay picks up quickly – his relatives are in Adelaide so not one the doorstep anyway, so at the moment it doesn’t look good. Obviously a large lottery win will help.

So, if you are up for it, I think a mini honorary aussie get together might be fun, let me know and we’- ll have to do the W-not-TF tour, sure we could find somewhere interesting to go to – I’m off to Denmark next week and the air-fares were just over a hundred pounds return, for two.

So jealous though, I think Gyp should sell tickets just cos she will be there!!!

Just finishing a B2B, liquid yesterday, started eating a 5, just veggie soup. The klingons are on the starboard bow – of my bum, I think!

Have a brill weekend everyone, hope the sun is shining where you are – though it is in Scotland and has been all week – so strange!

Hi Milena – what a nice idea….I’m sure we could plan something; maybe even with some of the people from the other threads that I’ve seen you post on; even though I don’t know them, I’m sure there are lovely like-minded people scattered all over these pages. If it’s just us two, you could come to Dublin and I’ll show you the sights πŸ™‚
    Had very long fast – a bit unintentional due to waiting for the builder to leave; but he got delayed when his welding machine blew a fuse. He couldn’t fix it, so now my pump is out of action and I have no cold water!! Bummer! πŸ™ This day just keeps getting better and better. So, portion control went out the window and I had chips with my dinner, followed by a huge scone with jam – double bummer! πŸ™ πŸ™
    Oh well, back to the drawing board tomorrow xxxx. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Good morning team, beautiful morning here, before the start of the predicted heatwave. Football is in the air, you can’t help but feel the excitement so my day will be hovering around the telly between chores. The boys had me up just after 6.00am from habit with my aerobics, I’m having my coffee, they are fast asleep grrrr, I should still be too!
    Fit I’m sure you girls can work something out, wont be quite AUSSIE DETERMINATION but a nice group of girls doing 5:2 ?
    I admit to have lost count of how many are now joining us or meeting up with us, but if will be fabulous to put names to faces eventually. 5:2 will not get a look in I’m sure, but after such a long time of fasting, we all will deserve a break and just go with the flow.
    Happy positive day to you all team, weather should be uplifting to our sickies and good time to start getting used to salads again for us all. ? xxxxxx

Morning everyone! Logging in after a few months and can’t catch up…. So just joining you lovely people from this point on. πŸ™‚
    I have been fasting the last few months still and not losing any weight, so determined to lose the next ten kilos by March reunion…
    I think not having the thread support has made a difference so hoping to log in every day.
    Have a lovely, shiny day team!

Xxx
    Lotus
    Current Weight 73.5
    Goal Weight 63.0

Lotus, welcome back, where have you been. I know you bought the new property but we have missed you. I totally agree with the need of support, as with most things, going it alone just doesn’t work. Have a great day and start using your AUSSIE DETERMINATION it will work for you ? xxxx

Hi Lotus! How lovely to have you back here, old friend!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Yes, we all need the regular check-ins here for the support and inspiration to keep on track….not to mention the laughs! πŸ˜† I’m hovering about one kg over my goal…haven’t quite managed to undo the damage of four weeks in France and some hard partying after I got home!! πŸ˜‰ I’m hoping to lose that kg and maybe one more in the next two weeks, but after today, I think it’s going to be a bit of an uphill struggle!

Fit, only 1kg from goal, you clever girl you! I’m still zigzagging around 3 k’s that plague me, and that still doesn’t get me near my goal. I’d still like to sit around 73k but 76-77k seems to be it at the moment! Grrrrrrr. Wondering if my aerobics are gaining muscles or not? Any excuse rather than thinking it’s too much bourbon, couldn’t be that….could it? ??????? xxxx hay I’m enjoying life and living it, still 20k down from starting so who wouldn’t be happy, right ? xxxxxxx

Dead right, GG! I’ve gained and lost the same one or two kg for the last two months, but hey….I’ve had some wonderful days and nights out with meals, treats and chocolate – so what’s not to love about that? πŸ™‚ 20kg down, back surgery and months of pain, meds etc….you’re the clever one! XXX

My what a lot of action!!!,

UP and Gyps. I have sent you both emails looking forward to reply.

Gyps. Have to ask ..what is a moticon..can’t have a handle i don’t understand..like WTF. Love the Merry part and of course sure I will love moticon when I know what it is! ???
    I’m sure your halo must be really shinny by now and good luck with moving on past the plateau..YOU CAN DO IT!!! Thanks for the offer of the sway and the sneaking In offer . Did that a lot in the olden days however can’t get down to the floor these days so no more free accommodation for this old girl..I have found an empty bottle an am starting to save $2 coins for spending money.. What a great idea..Being a business manager I have my many little sub accounts set up at the bank, which I transfer money too each fortnight as forced savings. I will now need to add another called the AD account. Looks like these get togethers will become a regular thing.

Which is great. Because my “needlepoint group where no needlepoint is allowed” has slacked off to once a year from 4 times a year. So nice to have something else to look forward to. We have found over the years that the most economical way to get accommodation is to book a 3 bedroom apartment and split it either 5 or 6 ways depending on who comes. Or if we have more than 6 then 2×2 bedroom appartments next to each other are the go. After this weekend when we all get to know each other and feel more comfortable with each other’s weird ways, then we may be able to do something similar. Very economical accommodation.

SJ. I really feel for you regarding missing grandkids. Because I don’t get to see my only grandchild much, who lives in Canada I feel really gypped! And sad and down at the same time. I can’t imagine what I would feel if there was a possibility of not seing him on Skype. It would be just gutrenching. You are doing so well so far and just remember there is always hope. I actually went to a great psychologist to help me deal with the fact that my son is probably never coming back to Australia to live. Is he has been great. I would highly recommend getting some help if you think you need it. Worked wonders for me,

CG. What a lovely idea doing a surprise for everyone. You are so thoughtful.. And great to see you getting back on top of your aces and pains.

Doggy. Great to hear that you are on the mend finally. Hopefully it stays that way..

Need to take a break but will be back shortly to answer more posts.?????

Fit, I know it was me you are replying to, our initials are very similar..GG and CG but than you for pointing out what I HAVE been through I feel slightly humbled now, berating myself, so on with good ol’ AUSSIE DETERMINATION I know things will start moving again. Oh, shock horror too, I’m in shorts!!! Used to 3/4 pants but need the sunglasses with my lily whites showing ? anyway, gotta start somewhere right! Happy sunny day team xxxxxx

Just been through more posts and so. Uch more information.

Lotus. I am a newby, joined while you were away and just love this thread. Aussie
    Determination says it all. The support of these wonderful people have helped me lose 5kgs in 5 weeks, without them I would be struggling to stay on track. Looking forward to hearing about you from the thread and meeting you maybe at hot reunion ..???

CG. Did not realise you have lost 20kg all up. What an achievement. Legend!!???

Melina ..sending wishes for a lottery win for you!! Boy a BTB……well done

CQ. Sorry to hear you are stressed about your food project..time to give yourself some good old pampering and look after yourself. Wishing you all the best..???
    Fit..so sorry you can’t come, was really looking forward to forward to meeting you..however will still chat on Syype. It is a long way and of course family must always come first and holidays planned to maximise family connections. Can just picture you and all the relos doing the “knees up “. activity at your god sons wedding.. What fun…?????????
    Now we get to this weekends frivolity for us all. SJ cheering her Eagles on. Doggy cheering for the Hawks so one of the team will have a happy ending. I am sure we will all enjoy the finals hype and cheering for whatever team they choose. Cood luck to all for the AFL today.

Now to the NRL. Tomorrow my Broncos play Gyps Cowboys in an all Queensland final… Can’t wait. I must admit to hoping the Cowboys win on this occasion as it would be their first ever grand final win and I so love JT… Not sure if any other ADMem ears follow either of these teams but if you do well may the best team on the day win and hope it is an exciting game. Celebrations everywhere.
    Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!!??????

Think I have covered everyone.. Special wishes to anyone I have missed.

GG . Fancy missing sending best wishes to my nearest neighbour. So sorry. Hope the weather is just as great today for you as it is here in my neighbourhood. So looking forward to meeting you and perhaps talking to you by phone beforehand once UP sends me your contact. ???????

Hi ADs. It’s good to see you back Lotus. I was wondering where you’d got to.
    It is a horrible day all over Tassie today. We have a very strong north wester blowing and it’s hot. I think the heat is coming from central Australia and being blown across Bass Strait. I hate days like this as we live in a very bushfire prone area. I’m always terrified that some idiot with a match is going to be tempted.
    I’m not a big Aussie Rules fan or rugby league for that matter (. Prefer tennis and cricket ) but will watch the AFL Grand Fianl arvo. It’s certainly gig to be a hot one for running round at football field for a few hours.
    I’m hoping to 5:2 again on Thursday. I too need to start losing weight again. I saw myself in a skinny top in the mirror yesterday no it was not a pretty sight. I’d like to loose another 6 kilos but would be happy with just a few down in the coming months. I’ve been eating too much Carbohydrates. Now that the warmer weather is with us I’m planning to eat lots of salads and low GI foods.
    Enjoy your day team. By the way what does WTF stand for ? Willowy Tall Figure, What the F? Wednesday,
    Thursday, Friday?
    XX Doggy.

‘Skuse all the typos. This autocorrect gives me the mutters.

PH I’ve actually lost 25k and hoping for 30 but as we get closer to our goal, it gets so much harder, not that I really had one, just wanted to get weight off my back.
    Doggy, same weather here, just watered my pots and some precious newish shrubs, and now time to close up house from this dirty dusty wind. We are very green here, still, but haven’t had much rain this (cold) winter, although my tank is full and I switch over to Town water for mundane things ? hay, it’s cheap enough but can’t stand the taste so utilitse both to my advantage ? and like you, my biggest fear apart from spiders and snakes is fire. Tourists and pyromaniacs are the big fear! Anyway, life is too short to worry about “what ifs ”
    So into some getting the washing out and a “bum sitting” day is on its way ? enjoy! Xxxx

HI Dawg well……any of your WTF interpretations could be true! We hadn’t even thought of the willowy tall figure one….though I think a few of us are shorties like me so can’t really stretch to that one (pun intended)! It was posted by PH as WTF ie Wed Thurs Fri then our clever Fit said our reunion should be the What the #$@* reunion & we all loved the idea!! So WTF it is. So glad for you that you reckon you’ll be good to go as of Thursday next week – you made it Doggie! And here’s to those kilos coming off.
    Lotus wonderful to see you back here. Have missed your inspiring posts. Welcome back & yes hang around for the motivation. Can you come to the reunion next March??
    Thanks PH. Yes I went to a counsellor for quite a while with our daughter. Very helpful & have a psychotherapist friend who’s helpful too. Generally coping well except when we miss another birthday & of course Christmas coming up too. This daughter lives not far away – only 1 1/4 hours away physically but might as well be on the moon. But we have more to do with our son in San Francisco & have very regular skype calls. He’s never coming back either but he’s very happily settled where he is & I love my DIL to bits!
    Going to stop replies there as I have pies to make for the footy. Yeah GO West Coast Eagles!!! If you don’t have a team you can barrack for mine. OH will probably be hoarse by the end of it – whichever way it goes. If the umpiring is bad he’ll be even worse! Must put that bottle of champers in the fridge too just in case we have a win.

Have a great day all doing whatever you enjoy. And keep in mind all that weight that many of us want to lose over the summer. BRING IT ON!!! suejen XXX

I have managed to get back into the 5:2 routine following all the interruptions in September. I still lost 2.4 kgs for the month. With all the weight loss I am no longer obese. Unfortunately my clothes are no longer fitting good but I am a person that dislikes shopping. Once I have kept it off for one month then I will go through them and give them to the charity shops. This works for me as I cannot go back up to that size.

The weather has gone from polar blast to heat wave in a week. I have been flat out trying to get the garden watered to cope with the heat. Most of the summer vegetables have started to come up cucumbers and beans are taking their time. I try to make tomato sauce but for the last few years they have not done well at all. The remainder goes into the freezer except corn which goes to the adult children. I need it for the rotation but find them too sweet. The next few weeks will be busy getting the yard prepared for the bushfire season.

Morning All. Nearly as windy as us gassbags in the North today! Such a vibe of anticipation running through the thread! I am finding the tour an excellent focus. It IS great to have a timeline and something to look forward to!
    But what a lot of activity! Ladies! So lovely to be getting to know you all better, but please be warned, my Email account is a nightmare of millions of unanswered messages, mostly spam from my internet mistakes! You all are not in that category, by any means, but GG’s got lost in there. So it’s good she told me it was there, on here. And I will go fish for you shortly, now I know PH. Just don’t anyone misinterpret a lack of reply via that medium if it isn’t timely. Likewise the phone. (and I have said that before).

My hut is not equipped for all this space age communication technology! (well, it is, potentially, but I am not up to scratch with it all! And really don’t want to be, truthfully. I won’t hold a mobile phone to my ear for more than a minute, nursed too many brain tumours, from clerical types for that)

I keep diligent to only this forum (and then have periodic gaps you may have all noticed!) and I only suss out my family on facebook every so often. So get messages from the kids there (and lined up on my phone when I remember to check it.) I communicate on my own terms, never on demand. It’s therapeutic in essence. So best I explain it to you all on open forum. Because I am already forgetting what I said to whom in the background buzz and want us all to be equal.

Too many pieces of me used to be stretched to cover the responsibilities I used to take on, for too many. (what with my multi hats!) and maybe boiled to ‘Synesthesia’,for mirroring people’s never ending pain! (love that ‘nutshell’ term for my scattered bits!) So, in a nutshell, I retired from the rat race. That’s been my road to peace and recovery, here in my nature retreat (which used to be our family holiday shack). I exited the merry go round when I decided to return to my feral roots and, as I have warned before, Don’t usually bother with looking at Emails and usually only charge the phone up when I want to use it. Which isn’t often and then only for minimally functional purposes. Other than as a camera.

I like being a hermit and slowing the world down to my terms. Having died once from it myself (cardiac arrest) and losing a son to the stress’s of a similar nature and origin (Hats galore – my right arm, clone and best friend)
    – I refuse to get serious- ever again!

Apart from all that, I’m trying to write straight, in book form, nothing serious, maybe “Mills and Boon” standard. Ha! so far it all comes out in parody so may give up and switch to “Bills ‘n’ Doooom!”. So unless one of you teachers wanna finally teach me proper English and the dratted ‘punctuation’, Don’t expect much improvement! It’s a werk in progress! And requires long periods of staring into space, talking to the little people in my head, ignoring the outside world and occasional housework! You are all guilty already of distracting me from the pursuit of fiction , back to reality. Haarr, har, ha! Because you’re much stranger! and very Moorish.

Phew! mates, I really need a holiday from my brain’s drain, so please let us make it to this mystery tour without waking the monster! I don’t want to start multi strands of communication and lose the magic of our forum. Or lose any of you in a spam jungle!

PH, you poor love, thanks for being patient. A ‘moticon’ is ‘an electronic generation of a visible image depicting a mood or personality’. it’s the merry little smileys and motivational images you post. It’s you. You could change the title to ‘Merry motivator’ if you prefer. xxxx

So have to switch to facebook and wish my Grandson happy birthday (16) . will get back to post next yr’s possible venue up North eventually. xx gyps

Afternoon AD’s….. I have had the BEST MORNING!!!!!!….. I have spoken to our wonderful GYPSY……The ever emoticon gal… PURPLE HAT and Madame Present CG…… Beautiful flower Lotus. It was great to speak to all of you and get to know a little more about each other.
    FIT_ maybe MILENA and yourself can catch up together at the same time and we could skype our WTF tours.
    Well done GL- your gong very well… it is truely awesome when your clothes fit betterand you feel better for the loss.
    ONCE AGAIN A HHHUUUGGGEEE THANK YOU TO UP for making the communication possible.

Today is a beautiful day on the coast. blue sky and sunshine. The tourists are everywhere….no parking spaces ,the beaches and lake shores look like BONDI or Santoreni. The shops are fast selling out of stock as I found out this morning when shopping.Great for our community.

New team members please forgive me for not giving you a warm welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION I’ve been a busy little TRESURE.I am pleased that you are enjoying your journey with 5:2 and are starting to see some positive movement on the scales.Over the past 12mths the team has proven that this WOL and WOE works. we have all lost many kgs with many of us reaching our target goal weights.
    Enjoy your long weekend …May the best team win with the AFL and NRL grand finals……….HUGS ON WINGS……GO GALXXXXXX

Hi all, I to have had a wonderful morning, emails from UP and a lovely phone call from GG followed by pics of CG, Lotus and of course GG. So great to put faces to names. GG and CG don’t look anything like I imagined them. Talk about a couple of great looking gals. You certainly look great if that’s what weight loss makes you look like…bring it on…lotus my image in my mind was close to your beautiful picture. When i get the courage I will send you my pic. I will probably have to get hubbie to take one as I do not do photos. I am the one taking them, for a very good reason, however may have a recent one if I look closely.

GG I have had visitors ever since you rang and we are going out for the night at 3.30 so no chance of looking into anything till tomorrow at this stage. So much support offered for me to consider. What an amazing group…???

gyps. “Merry Moticon”sounds perfect now you have told me what it means…and good on you for dropping out of the rat race! Don’t worry about the email I sent you. Just let it waft off into cyber space and go wherever unanswered emails go…love it..

so CG that is my official title for AD.and my name is Carmel..is that all you require? You have lost so much weight. I hope to follow in your footsteps. My starting weight was 107kgs. So am hoping to lose 20 kgs which will take me to 87kgs. I was never under 11stone when I was young and had a perfect 36..24..36 figure. Mind you most of the top 36 has dropped considerably so don’t imagine the hourglass will be there this time WHEN, not if, Imake it. I CAN DO THIS TOO??? I am 1/4 of the way there already. Expect this to slow considerably from now on but great to get this start.

Sorry you are all having such bad weather. Perfect here on the North Coast of NSW. Well better go and have a shower and get gussied up to go out for happy hour and dinner. Talk to you tomorrow.

Anyone watching the Footy? Hawks looking ominous. Suejen thanks for WTF explanation.

Yes I am Doggy, bit of a walkover, sorry sue, unless they come up with a miracle you might have to try again next year. Hay, at least you got that far ? xxxx

Ph, have a lovely time with your friends, glad you got to speak to our GG and see some pics, and yes, you can do it! ? xxxxxxx

Afraid they’re not even in the race CG and Dawg. Yes watching but pretty frustrated. Xx

Yes, I know how disappointing it is, I have been a Saints supporter all my life, even in the cheer squad in 66 when we won the grand final, but pretty much down hill since then, in fact some games I feel they could have just phoned it in, don’t know why they bothered turning up! It’s only a game and it’s had your adrenaline pumping for a few weeks, so it’s been worth while ? xxxxx

CG How do your boys cope with the wind? Pepper seems quite spooked by it. He didn’t bat an eyelid when we had a huge thunderstorm but doesn’t like this very windy weather.

Doggy they go stupid, as did my cows, it seems to bring out the “nutter” in them and they love running in it. I was always weary of my cows on strong wind days. He’ll get used to it, take him out in it for a while to get used to it ? but ignore it as you would a thunder storm so as not to make a big deal of it xxxxxxx

Hi All!
    Well, Gyps – I don’t know what vibes you were sending out over the ether, but I dreamt about you last night and it seems that you worked some magic and I found out at the very last second that I would be able to go to the reunion. So I threw a few clothes into a case and raced outside where a taxi was waiting to take me to the airport…that’s where the dream ended; but who knows, maybe it will come true!!!
    Apologies, CG – how could I get that wrong!! I’m amused at you talking about your ‘lily whites’….you should see mine!! Blue white is more like it with more than a tinge of corpse-like!!!
    PH – delighted you are in such good form and will be able to make the reunion. You should rejoice in your title ‘Merry Moticon’ as you really liven up the thread with your posts and little images. πŸ™‚ I will have a terrific time at the wedding; my godson is a lovely young man and I am very proud of him and he is marrying a wonderful girl. The wedding will be held at a beautiful stately home that has been turned into a wedding venue. A big gang of us will stay overnight and the ‘craic’, as we say in Ireland, will go on into the next day.
    Doggy – love your version of WTF – we can all dream!! I agree with you about cutting back on carbs so try that and I’m sure you feel and see the difference.
    SJ – sorry your team didn’t play so well in the final but hoped you managed to enjoy the excitement anyway.
    GL – congrats on the great weight loss, keep up the good work πŸ™‚
    GG – wonderful, sunny, positive post….very uplifting! Yes, I think Milena and I will try to hook up next March and we can have fun together as well as skyping you lot xx
    Ireland will be playing Italy in the rugby world cup later, so hope to cheer on the team for that. Better get some chores done first…check in later xxxxxxxx

Hiho, just checking in to state I did burn candles for our thread community and for distant members to find their way home! They burned all through the day (which would be your night, Fit.) Doesn’t surprise me that your Irish antennae got the message! Hope the other three pick up the vibe, too! Taco, Doit and Foxy. We’ll see. UP is still getting posts via email, so will be back when her site connection is sorted.

I must say it was like an infusion of positive energy talking to GG on the phone. Such a bubbly power house! I’m satisfied she’ll find me if I get lost in Sydney!

Glad you are ok with your title, PH. You do give us a motivational lift. I detect some self consciousness on your part about your present weight and photo exposure. Babe! You are not to worry. check this out:

photo 12079297_1046048012092400_9221920274229004248_n.jpg

99 kg’s, getting wired up for sleep apnoea test.

photo 11208645_1046048612092340_1405039417839209881_n.jpg

What you can expect to see at the reunion(only a little thinner, we pray)Top that for glamour!

PH, Friends don’t care about your shape, just your health. Just keep trying, buddy, we are all with you. xx

Good morning team, and a magic morning it is too. My garden is alive, the boys woke me with sloppy kisses then raced outside barking like children in a park just voicing their approval at the day. Daylight started this morning, and I seem to spend the next few months chasing the hour I lost. Not a fan at all, the days are long enough in Summer with out the need of more time to work, especially when you have put in a full day at work already. Whinge over! Fasting tomorrow, we need to knuckle down with these warmer months coming, it is easier and I for one, know that carrying less fat around on me, seems to make Summer a bit easier to handle. We had a pretty big bush fire not far from me yesterday, many trucks attended then stayed over night to monitor so here’s hoping it’s not a warning of what’s to come. We are still very green here, very pretty, but I guess anything will burn with the right ignition. I’ll find out more when our local paper comes out Tuesday as the national news just doesn’t seem interested in such mundane events! We all seem alive and excited with our reunion on the far horizon and as we have all found with 5:2 the weeks just seem to fly. I’m really looking forward to meeting you in person, we are not strangers any longer and with some forward planning it could become an annual event ? so get the coffee jars out, empty paint tins, whatever, and get those coins rattling. I wish you all a pleasant day ahead, full of wonder and joy. Now is the time for garden clean up, clear around the house of burnable rubbish, the weather is perfect to get out and enjoy it. It is very rewarding come days end, and who needs a gym when working in the garden is a free calorie burner ? xxxxxxxxx

Good morning everyone or good night to those in different parts of the world. Gypsy hope your sleep apnoea test went OK. Gruesome looking apparatus what! I hope You managed to get some sleep. Do you have to wear it all night?
    Wow CG loosing 20 kilos in just one year is remarkable. You really are an inspiration to us all. I’ve just got to knuckle down and be more attentive on my NFDs. I go OK on FD but am slack about the others. Thanks for the advice about the wind. It has all those positive that make us all cranky.
    SJ you must be disappointed by the Eagles performance. They must be very down. Maybe next year but let’s face it, Hawthorn know how to go up a gear or two when they need to. I bet there are a few sore heads around today. Despite the very hot, very windy day yesterday we had some moron letting off fireworks last night. Too far away for me to see where they were coming from. Otherwise I’d have given them a rocket!
    Fellow ADs at times I think I’m ready for the glue factory. I’m just feeling better after the flu but am now sitting with an ice pack on my knee. The damn thing is all swollen. Hopefully it will respond to treatment as I’m badly needing to get out walk.
    Enjoy your day team.
    Doggy XX

Oh, Gyps, I’m receiving you alright!! πŸ˜‰ What a hoot you are, I just love your sense of humour πŸ˜† Very glamorous pyjamas too!!
    Well, as I suspected, my FD yesterday didn’t really produce results because I was so hungry by the time I got to eat, I totally overdid it. I had a fun evening with my sister watching Strictly Come Dancing and drinking peach schnapps…lots of it!! A friend came over this morning and got my pump working again, so at least I have water now….thank God, or you might have been able to smell me all the way from Ireland!! πŸ˜‰ I decided to do some upcycling of old furniture that was in my old shed, so I got some chalk paint (which gives and antique/distressed type finish) and painted an old table a lovely sage green….very pleased with the result. It will look lovely in my newly built outdoor area. I’m going to do some shelves and a corner unit next….having fun experimenting and enjoying life xxxxxx

CG and Doggy – our posts crossed. I used to find that the school children went a bit crazy at playtime on a windy day, so it’s not surprising that the four-legged creatures do too! Hope you are both safe from bush fires, it’s a scary prospect, especially when some morons don’t seem to have the sense they were born with. Sorry to hear about your knee, Dawg, it’s just not fair πŸ™ – hope it clears up soon. Enjoy the garden CG, but don’t overdo it. Well done to the aussie rugby team for beating England. Ireland will be playing tomorrow, not today, as I thought earlier. My little grand-nephew will be christened tomorrow, so another great family day to enjoy. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Gyps I took it that the pics were from the past as you are not 99k anymore ? you are in your mid 80’s so well done my friend, so empowering and a loss like that is the incentive needed to keep going.
    Yes the wind seems to make everyone “dippy” even me when getting slapped in the eye when trying to peg sheets or towels on the line grrrrrr
    Fit your room sounds to be coming together, I bet its looking lovely and sure it will be the “go to” room for time out as well as family time ☺️
    Doggy, if you were one of my cows I think I would have ” put you on the truck” by now. ? Things have to get better for you, think positive, each issue is fixable, but you are getting them all at once. Sit out in the sun today, with your book, a full glass, and smell the air, listen to the birds, enjoy what you can, DON’t think of what you can’t!
    Off for a (late) shower, bloody daylight savings! Xxxxxxxx

Yes Fit I agree school children always go mad in windy weather. My kids at the buses are a real handful on windy days & wild, running children & buses coming through aren’t a good combination! Like the sound of your distressed paint outside look – might have to think about doing our table & chairs.
    Dawg yes was disappointed with the Weagles but they did have a great year. And we got to see up close the best match 2 weeks ago – a much better match than yesterday’s. They were never in the race yesterday. Doggie you can’t win a trick can you. Maybe happening after such a long recuperation period? Let’s hope the ice does the trick cos you must be itching for a walk now you have some energy.
    CG luv the sound of your magic morning sloppy kisses and all! Planning to get out in the garden too today. Found a few days ago when I went out that if I stop every 10 mins or so & stretch my back out & do some side twists I manage to go much longer. So a 1/2 day is now possible. But I will be going for some scans soon as my physio is fairly sure it’s my osteoporosis & I need to know how badly it is affecting my spine.
    We’re the rebel state over here CG & we don’t have daylight savings. Every time we have a referendum it gets knocked back – mostly by the rural areas. But it does make contact with the eastern states harder with a 3 hour time difference. You have to remember when you need to phone a friend or a business!
    OH Gyps those machines are SUCH a glamorous look aren’t they – maybe if you wore Darth Vader pj’s they would match?! But at least you sleep well now.
    GG fabulous that you had such a wonderful morning chatting to everyone. XX

Well better be off & get ready for church. Not playing today so at least I get to enjoy singing. And get to chat more afterwards too. Then lunch & into the garden. The birds outside are enjoying their morning feed – can’t quite see them form here but can hear the seeds being cracked! Mostly have galahs, 28 parrots & bronzewing pigeons. Oh yesterday had a funny visitor come in to watch the grand final – a stumpytail lizard wandered into OH’s studio & he couldn’t get him to go out. Tried to scrabble up the windows all the time. So eventually OH got under the furniture & picked him up. He was only young & got such a fright that all the way out he wriggled this way and that and peed this way and that – spraying it everywhere! Was quite a funny sight and quite a shower!! Impressive size bladder for a little tacker.
    Enjoy your day all. suejen XXXX

Hi all, apologies for the gruesome pics, They were just meant to encourage anyone who might be feeling self conscious about their weight. Or think it’s impossible to turn it around. If you’re on this thread than YOU’RE DOING IT! AND NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH AD! It just may help others to share what we have gone through to get to that immutable belief. That’s the mission of this thread as I see it. Heh, heh, I look better now and thanks for your commiserations, Fit, Suejen , Dawg and CG, but I don’t need ’em. I scared the boogie man away! (my fat ass, that is… )

And yes, CG they were staggered shots of my resurrection process once I finally called a halt to the rising scales and set about fixing me. The first shot was nearly 3 years ago (at 99kg) and the other a year later (at 94kg) It was the restoration of a healthy sleep pattern alone that dropped 5 kgs over a year. I can’t stress enough how important it is to sleep properly (are you listening, Milena?) and I thought I was on a roll, but I plateaued at 94kg’s and despite joining a gym and exercising my butt off, it never reduced it!

The point is, the lack of deep, relaxing sleep, messes up our blood gasses and electrolyte balance as well as maintains a high level of cortisol(fight, flight, fright adrenalin booster) this maintains a state of internal stress leading to internal exhaustion. If you find yourself feeling constantly drained and tend to have sighing intakes of breath after a prolonged cycle of shallow respirations, then be aware of the lack of effective down time. Your systems need to rest and reboot. Prolonged sleep deprivation (from any cause) plays havoc with the nervous system, immune system, digestion, muscle tension and is a direct cause of depression, anxiety and insulin resistance. Which equals packed on abdominal fat around organs, (thus hindering their function) and fluid retention. Onto the inflammatory diseases like joint pain (arthritis) Diabetes and ultimately, heart attacks and cancer.

I’ll take the gas mask any day. And have proved it all by eliminating most of the above complaints. I now know that one can’t lose weight without healthy amounts of sleep and exercise alone won’t do it either. “You are what you eat” true, but it’s also the way you eat it that matters.

I made the new year’s resolution and started on the 5:2 path on Jan 1st, into the 10th month now. I did get down to 83 and even saw the 82’s flashing, but got the winter slacks, went back up to 87 and now am down to 85 again. It’s a yo yo all the way, but it does give us control and will respond to the effort we put into the basic aspects. 2 x 500 cal days, and portion control MOST of the time, with the occasional feast. Highly doable. Just keep it simple. And if we add moderate exercise the benefits double, both fitness and wt, loss-wise. That’s my plan. I am back to basics. So the old girl in the gas mask is in pretty good shape these days. Don’t be afraid to try one if you need help to sleep. It saved my life, I think.

Happy to enlarge on the subject if anyone needs to know how to go about getting tested for sleep apnoea. If you snore badly and wake up often you probably have. My best advice is, fix it or you’ll ultimately die from it.

Sorry to be so dire, but I’d rather you all had gas masks than insulin resistance and immovable lard! Mine is moving ladies. Wahooooo! I have seen a flash of the 84’s!

Grand final night. GOOOOO! COWBOYS! XXX GYPS

Hi all, just having some couch time before the big game tonight.
    More ?????? oh well. Congratulations to the Hawks fans and commiserations to the Eagles fans.. Bigger and better next year maybe.

Just finished packing my bag to go to Brisbane for a week to look after my sister in law, who is really like a sister to me, ?‍❀️‍?‍??‍❀️‍?‍?she is having surgery to remove lump from her breast on Tuesday, or maybe whole lot. Not sure yet. Hopefully will get a good prognoses at the end we are keeping very positive…?? so may not get too many posts in over the next week.

The good news is that I have found that my summer shorts, slacks etc are too big and I have to keep hitching them up.. So it was off to the sewing room to run a few pairs in to take with me. ?????

GG thank you for just being you and caring so much about me. And you too lotus for offering to look after me.???
    Gyps. You are a hoot. Love the pics even with The scary stuff. Hopefully you get much better sleeps with it on as it must be uncomfortable..and about the photos. Thank you for putting yourself out there to make me feel better.. I have quite a number of group photos but none on just me, can’t even find one where I can cut people out. Will get hubbie to take one and send it to GG. I do admit I tend to get to the back of group photos though. oh well that will change soon when I feel more comfortable. I will be front and centre showing off my new body????and dancing the night away once again..I wish. ???

Bummer about your knee doggy. Must be telling you to rest more so you don’t have another relapse..

GL …Great stuff. Such a good feeling when your clothes no longer fit because they are too big!. Well done..?????bikini the go now??

Have to go now! Bloody daylight saving. It is time for dinner in the middle of the afternoon. Your body clock won’t wake you up an hour earlier to match the adjusted time and so in reality you are chasing that bloody hour all day and never seem to catch up. ??????????

So That brings me to the subject of your swollen knee, Dawg. Spontaneous bursitis (inflammation of a joint capsule) has to have a systemic cause if it’s not the result of physical injury. Are you getting adequate sleep? Did you get viral bloods done? Consider the causes of joint inflammation. RA, OA, Gout, rheumatic fever, Q fever and various other flue-like viruses. Thyroid function can come into it. Remember the Obs for thyrotoxicosis and some fevers include a degree of tachycardia at rest, have your sleeping pulse checked. And watch out for secondary kidney involvement. Basically, you need bloods done and I wouldn’t take no for an answer.

as a matter of interest, Google this site , Pure Horizon IOPlus, and check out their blurb on Iodine deficiency. It may seem a typical hard sell supplement site, but I had most of their list of symptom (gravel voice, hair loss, tired, panic attacks, etc) even tho my thyroid function tests were not showing high or low according to the standard parameters for oz, but we don’t all fit the norms, iodine is not much looked at. And race, climate and origins can be varying factors. I now know it was a combination of things, including diabetes and sleep apnoea, but that was my first step to improvement and it really helped. We store iodine, but it depletes with age and replace ment isn’t always effective from diet alone. So I sent for the iodine tabs (which you can’t buy in oz). I took them for 6 months and they made a difference. especially to the voice timbre, falling hair and my panic attacks stopped. Hope you feel better sooooon Doggy! Luck xx Gyps… will try another candle..

Hi FIT. Forgot to send good luck to the Irish for the rugby World Cup. ???

Viewing 50 posts - 8,251 through 8,300 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.