Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,601 through 7,650 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi everyone, great posts. Was going to post later (when it is daylight actually) but thought I’d jump in right now. It’s 3:02am and I’m still finding it hard to sleep through FD nights. Not hungry, just awake!! Didn’t do anything out of the ordinary today. Had two coffees throughout the day, lots of soda water with 1/2 slice of lemon and waited to eat until dinner tonight which was small steak and lots of veg. Been doing this for a few weeks now and think it at least started a bit of weight loss again after being on that plateau for ages. Bit of a blow-out over the weekend which was unavoidable so hoping for some loss after the second FD later this week. It is really cold again and showery but I guess officially spring, still not salad weather yet. Will have another glass of water and try going back to sleep. TTYS … YY xx
    PS forgot to mention the apple after dinner, gives the tum something to go on with. 🙂

Hello All!! Phew! Last couple of weeks have been sooo busy… I have fasted two days a week still and weight is in 71.8-72.5 range, so at the 12 kilo loss from start. Another 8 kilos to go. Had no time to touch base here, I am sorry….
    Gypsy, just read back on your OH! Congrats mate, you both would be so relieved 😉
    I have not read back too many posts but gather that we are travelling slowly but surely on our journey towards better health, and this thread is thriving with so much support for each other !! Welcome to newbies, and well done to the “veterans”
    Hopefully one of the things I am doing now will come to a positive fruition soon, and I will share the good news with you all by next week…
    I do miss posting here regularly – but have to focus on other bits and pieces for the few weeks… Take care dear friends 🙂 xxxx lotus

Good morning team, Yy, you remind me of the little wrens in my garden, I know they are there, and they only show themselves every so often, and I’m always pleased to see them….lovely to hear from you. What is your goal, surely you haven’t got much more to lose? You’re in the low 50’s now I think, so be careful and don’t over do it.
    Beautiful Spring day predicted here. My fast went very well, 465cals so happy with that, I am really making a conscious effort to get back with the same “hunger” as in the beginning. Yes, I’ve been doing 5:2 all this time but as stated, have gotten complacent and going over 50-100 on fast days and must stop! Excuses must stop! Even though I rarely eat up to my TDEE my system has become used to this sameness of intake weekly rather than making my fast count and trying to eat up to my TDEE, giving the high low effect.
    Mightn’t be quite salad days yet but so much on offer with fresh foods and healthy eating. This is a day by day challenge but we are all so aware of WHAT we eat, the guilts tap us on the shoulder time and time again. There is no need to feel 5:2 is a diet because our choices are so many including a wine etc, it’s just portion control, and BEING in control 🙂
    Happy first day of Spring team, make each post a winner and be positive…YOU CAN DO IT 🙂 xxxxxx

Welcome to Spring! The sun is shining and the sky is clear in my little part of Melbourne! (Still cold mind you!!!!)

Fittoretire (had to type out your name to get it! 😉 ) my name connection is Italian, but only because I started trying to learn it (I will get back to it I hope!) and LOVED this word for the number 5. I am from a big family, 5th of 7 children, and one of 5 girls! (Which meant people used to think we were Italian!.

Morning SueJen, I hope the sun is out for you today!

I am checking profiles so I don’t get people mixed up, and wow Countrygal, 3 KCCavaliers (my favourite dog) and a Persian cat!
    I have a black cat with gold highlights called Miso. She is a good companion.

Sharing what we had for dinner? Well it was Fast Day yesterday, so it was soup and a piece of toast. It was pumpkin soup with a bit of red capsicum, red lentils and chili peppers in the mix. Beautiful colour, velvety and with that hot spark from the chili! Just a small bowl!

I am still about but have been busy getting the garden in order for the fire season. We have had less than half our rainfall for the year so the grass is drying off already. I have managed to lose nearly 6 kgs for last month. This is the lowest I have been since my twenties. A side effect is that I seem more mentally alert and just want to get up and get moving. All I have done is gone back to my diet that I had growing up. As the days get warmer then I would like to spend more time outside. I am getting the vegetable garden back into production. I will try and get some early tomatoes in for summer salads. The other summer plants will have to wait another couple of weeks as we have been having bad frosts.

Hi Cinque, yes my boys are my best friends, they really rule my life in more ways than others and Maggie, my cat adores them, but let’s them know she is boss 🙂 I guess at my age (almost 65) when family has grown and left the nest, pets become the substitute family. I’d be very lonely without them.
    Your fast day dinner sounds good, but, as a practice, try to avoid the toast. I know it goes hand in hand with soup, but not really a good choice for fast days. Another filling option I use is an omelette, add some mushrooms and baby spinach leaves,yummy filling and low cal count 🙂 …… As you go along you learn, and don’t get me wrong, soup is a great choice, but toast, maybe better without it 🙂 .. I’m in country Vic in South Gippsland so getting pretty much the same weather as you, although some days my daughter will ring, saying it’s pouring rain and I have sunshine! So the 100 or so K’s can make a big difference 🙂
    Have a great day, watch your portion control, you’ll find your appetite shrinking, use smaller dinner plates and bowls, so it still looks appetising but a smaller amount 🙂 Just another trick for the brain 🙂 xxxxxxxx

GL, agree, there is more to this climate change than we know. Living in the country I see so much more of it. The veg garden is a great idea and I too will get some early tomatoes in soon, although I think Cup Day is the recommended date! Eating as we did growing up to me is a big key, meat and three veg, long before the obesity epidemic arrived, no junk food or take aways, no one could afford them! Keep up the good work, there is nothing healthier than working in the garden and just so rewarding. Congratulations on your loss too, that is fantastic 🙂 xxxxxx

Gosh Cinque, I had better update my profile! I don’t think there is anything on there.

Discovered yesterday that a man I talk to every day at the dog park does 5/2 as well and has been for ages. We didn’t get into the nitty gritty but he is a retired medico and not overweight at all.

Delayed my fast until today and am now so wishing it was yesterday!

Beautiful sunny day in Qld. Have a good day all!

GL, well done!

Lotus, we miss you too!

Hi UTOAS! Do add a profile, I am fascinated!

CountryGal, I am interested in why you recommend no toast on Fast Days. I haven’t read the Fast Diet book I am afraid, so there are things I have missed. Does it make a difference that it is my own homemade bread, and full of fibre, so not low GI?
    I love South Gippland! I lived just out of Hill End for a while, many years ago!

I agree with you about eating the kind of food we had growing up. I scoffed at it when I became a teenager, but now I can see it worked really well. My mum was a good cook of simple food, so we were lucky.

Good morning you busy lot of posters. The day here started out looking beautiful but now reverted to winter & gloom. But I gather 3 days coming up of Spring. I stuck to my FD plan yesterday like glue & finished up at 426 cals, the lowest I’ve ever stuck to. Left it there because one recipe I use regularly has a 50 cal difference between the site I found it on & MFP figures – go figure! So I was still under 500 even allowing for the extra 50. But then my scales played up on me this morning despite putting a new battery in so no idea what I lost. OH got on them later & said they’re fine grrrr.
    So keeping up with my plan for the week & have already plugged in today’s meals & under my TDEE so all good. That should help me make wiser choices rather than blindly grabbing stuff & not considering the day’s total.
    YY hope you got back to sleep! That’s no fun. Maybe more food – what cals do you end up with, sounds pretty low?
    UT enjoy your beautiful sunny day & your fast….it’s so much easier to do I reckon when the sun is shining. You’re a pro at this you’ll do fine.
    GL another gardener to the list, quite a few of us. Our tomatoes are already in but we don’t get frosts in Margaret River. I did say to OH to plant less this year as I couldn’t keep up last year with making sauce, chutney etc. Will still have some left when this year’s is on the go. Yep GL and Cinque the diet we had growing up was pretty darn good & returning to it is ideal for 5:2.

Have a super feed day all. I must admit I don’t like the term feast day….simply because I tend to go there too much once I get that idea into my head! So stay in control even on NFD’s is my advice, have some controlled treats, and reap the rewards at the end of the week. And if not this week then it will come! suejen XXXX
    Lotus good to see you……we miss you! XX

Upt, good luck with your fast, it feels odd when doing it on different days but sure you will master it.
    Cinque, bread is a carb, and doesn’t last as long at keeping you feeling full, so instead of the cals it uses you can have twice as much soup though 🙂 there is no damage done but just better ways to fill up on fast days.
    Suejen, same sort of day here, sun was shining, homecare change my bed for me, still a struggle at that chore, so washing just finished, and the sun is being covered in clouds! Oh well, I’ll put it out (slowly, as it’s heavy and my lifting ability is still iffy 🙁 ) and hope for some drying,although I love the smell of the sun on my washing 🙂 I forgot you lived in Margaret River, my SIL brother just sold up from there, mad keen surfer, and moved to Qld. He loved it as did my daughter and the family when the went over last summer for a two week visit.
    Have a productive positive day team, Doggy where are you??? Missing you, hope your on the mend 😉 xxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone, I haven’t been in for awhile, lots to do and think about. My fasting has not been as successful as I would like, mainly because of things happening at weekends, barbecues and the like. It still comes off, but much slower. However, I haven’t set any goals for myself, I regard this as a lifestyle and one which removes any guilt.
    Best wishes, Serena.

Cinque, you may not be too far from me. I love South Gippsland as well, was there only a week ago. Drove to Yarram, beautiful spot and a lovely drive on the South Gippsland Highway. Cheers.

Thanks CountryGal, I do know about carbs turning quickly into sugar, but my own bread is full of complex carbohydrates and it keeps me nicely full for the evening. If I cut anything out though, it will be the thing that accompanies the soup!

I’ve just been shopping and bought a lovely cauliflower to make soup for my next Fast Day (Thursday I think, or I may surprise myself and do it tomorrow!).
    Also some chicken chops to make Yassa Chicken for tonight (and another 5 meals!!!) and lovely veggies to have with it!

Sun is still shining!

Hi Serena,
    I remember Yarram! It is many years since I was up that way though, I bet it has changed.

I like your philosophy of being content with losing weight slowly when life fills up with BBQ’s! If we are heading in the right direction, and we keep going, we will get there!

The roads are much better now Cinque. Before if anyone was stuck behind a truck or caravan, it would be awhile before we could get past. Now they are much straighter and have overtaking lanes. The fish and chips at Port Albert were beautiful too, and not large servings. Fish is all caught in the local area, so choice is limited. I agree about heading in the right direction, and it is just a matter of either staying on the path, or getting back on it when we stray off. Cheers.

Hi Serena, glad your sticking with us and our lifestyle. 5:2 is PART of our lives not ALL of it so slow and steady is the best, that way the fat stays off 🙂
    I’m in South Gippsland and just love it, I’m in the hills with undulating hills all around. The views are spectacular, but Yarrum and down that way is quite flat but Port Albert is lovely..aaand the fish and chips chop, very famous, sadly the pub down there burnt down last year, arson would you believe, history gone in minutes 🙁 xxxxx

Would be lovely where you are then CountryGal. I have family in Mirboo North, so very familiar with that little town too.
    I saw that the pub at Port Albert had burnt down, it was a lovely old pub. I ate there years ago when my then bosses treated me for a day trip. We drove along the Grand Ridge Rd, visited the pub then Agnes Falls. Beautiful. Cheers, Serena

Hi Serena, I’m only about 20 mins from Mirboo North, so you know the beautiful undulating hills I’m talking about 🙂 I often think of them as an ocean of green waves on a calm day, the whole area is lovely 🙂 xxxxx

CG I’m not in the low 50’s (I wish) still high 56’s, am aiming for 54 which I think is a comfortable weight for height. Do you think loss slows down as you get nearer goal? Going through some very hungry non fast days lately, just put it down to burning it off in running around and try not to overdo it. Some days it is a bit of a struggle though because the more I do for my SIL the more she buys me custard tarts!! Not my all-time favourite but she is so grateful for time off in taking care of my brother that I haven’t the heart to knock her back when she comes home with them!!
    Suejen my total for yesterday was 427 so I ate an apple to bump it up to 477. I had a senior moment yesterday afternoon and made flat white with normal milk quota so had to count that in instead of soups. Won’t do that again as long as I am in the right head space. Haven’t ever gone over 500 yet on any FD.
    Up I’m not sure anything is on my profile either and never think to look at them 🙂 Will have to vary my FD this week also, probably to Friday or Saturday.
    Lovely to hear from you Lotus and am intrigued as to what you are so involved with. Hope it is something nice.
    Serena, Cinque and GL good to hear how you are doing. You all sound our kind of 5.2ers 🙂
    Got the new stove in yet Fit?
    YY xx

Well had a yummy home-made panini for lunch (very small mgrain rolls) with chicken & a yummy spicy pumpkin mash plus other stuff. Making maple mustard chicken for dinner tonight with 3 veg. And now cooking up batches of carrot soup as OH picked our carrot crop from winter. Should be nice as you roast the carrots first with onion, mustard seeds, chilli, cumin seeds & turmeric. Smells yummy. Tomorrow I’ll try a different carrot recipe with the rest of them. Should finish the day at about 1400 cals (TDEE is 1654) so plenty of wriggle room if needed. Still have my exercise to do for today.
    Will wait and check my scales in the morning to check whether we need new ones or not! suejen XXX

Nearly finished my famous B2B fast. I am so hungry!!!.Having stir fry with lots of vegies and the slendier noodles which will fill the hole. Have drank some great tea that CG suggested pomagrant very delicious with a sachet of stevia. Really had to force the water though! has to be a winter thing…..note to self …..get back into the water with infusions of orange and strawberries and mint.
    SJ your carrot soup sounds just wonderful.
    Enjoy your night…..GO GALxxx

GG you’re incredible…I just don’t know HOW you do it! The thought of doing 2 days in a row is the stuff of nightmares for me. Yes I’m a wimp….like to dream of what I can have tomorrow.
    Mmm the soup is pretty nice. Goes with a mustard seed raita made from yoghurt – plop it in the middle. Should be nice. That part comes tomorrow, have only road-tested the soup so far! XXXX

Yum SueJen! Your panini sounds delicious, and that carrot soup… well, YUM.

And more yum, YumYum. Years ago when I was breastfeeding, custard tarts were my best treat! I’d check out every bakery to test them! I needed them to make all that milk! A good custard tart is a wondrous thing. I hope you can get them just often enough that they remain a treat and not a hindrance!
    Thanks for your welcome, I am so enjoying the people here! And learning heaps.

Enjoy your non Fast day tomorrow GoGal! I have decided I will Fast tomorrow as I am going to a community thing on Thursday and I would like to eat some food there!

Hi All!
    What a busy thread at the moment…alot to catch up on.
    YY – yes, my stove has been fitted and looks great. Just lit a small test fire in it as it is not cold enough to need it yet…besides the room is in total disarray due to painting and papering etc. Curtains poles went up too, so I’ve measured the curtains and they are being adjusted to fit by my sister’s MIL who is a whizz with the sewing machine. I’m about to do the last of the painting today and hopefully the papering tomorrow. Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well; hope you have a better night tonight. I’ve been doing the same FD routine as you this past week and it has got things moving again; so at least, we’ve got that right! 🙂
    Lotus – great to hear from you again, we missed you! Best of luck with whatever you are into at the moment and hoping to hear good news from you soon xxx.
    CG – well done on successful FD and I agree with you about eating up to but not over calories allowed on non FDs; it’s the original and best plan for this wol.
    Cinque – should have realised your name was Italian not French, I come from a family of six, with three sisters so I’m a bit like you. Well done on the great start you have made on 5:2; keep up the good work.
    GL – good for you making the best of your garden, you will have lots of lovely fresh, healthy fruit and veg to help on this 5:2 journey. The exercise must be good for you too….win/win!!
    UP – the grass is always greener on the other side; I’m always jealous when I read that all you have just finished your FD when I’m just starting mine….but then I’m not fasting when you are! 😉 Enjoy the fine weather, lovely day here today too and the forecast for the weekend is very good too xxx
    SJ – don’t despair, I’m sure the scales will be kind to you when it settles down!! You are doing very well on the cals on FDs so things will come right very soon.
    Serena – sounds like you are doing great – ‘slow and steady wins the race’!
    GG – still in awe of you and your famous B2Bs!!! Could never do one again (tried it once – not for me)! Be careful or that fab leather pencil skirt will be falling off you!
    Hi to Gyps, Milena and all the newbies……have a great week. Gotta get back to the DIY 🙂

Evening Fit, I bet you are pleasantly exhausted and everthing is coming together. What a thrill for you, such a satisfying adventure for you and the best part is almost with you. Putting everything back in place. It is a rewarding joy, having done it all yourself and it feels like a new home. Well done, sleep well I bet you need it xxxx
    Morning team, well done GG full credit to you on B2B, I hope your effort pays off. I did get upto my TDEE on my non fast days, took effort, but did it. I’m hoping to see the difference this week or next by doing it this way. I really have to retrain myself. Mind you, I’m doing it with LCHF so that makes it a bit easier to get my cals up to my TDEE, just hope it works.
    Perfect day here yesterday, and another on the way with late rain predicted, but 5 ml is hardly rain when in the country. I got so much done and felt wonderful. The sun does rev you up to get into things. Plus I’m bloody minded and was getting down seeing things being left go. I’m heading to 10 weeks now, still heeling, still getting sore but learning to do things in brackets and sit/lay when needed. The self satisfaction means so much to me, it’s just personal pride and lifting the spirit helps me heel mentally 🙂 as it was getting me depressed. So come on Spring…BRING IT ON 🙂
    Have a great day team, be positive in what you do, throw any self doubt out the window, you are unique and the best you can be 🙂 xxxxxxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG – you’re up early! Yes, sunshine does energize us into action and I always feel like I can do loads more when it’s warm and pleasant out side….even if I’m inside! Delighted to hear that you are achieving so much and that you have a plan that works for you. Here’s to lots more personal satisfaction for us all as we achieve our goals 🙂 BRING IT ON!!!!

Xxx

I’m going out for lunch and my vet is calling in around 4:00 to give Bailey the first of a course of injections for his arthritis ( my eldest boy, I can’t bear seeing them in pain and animals don’t understand, they aren’t puppies any more)so things to do before I go out, and feeling revved up, sun is shining, birds are singing, so don’t want to stay in bed when I’m feeling so good 🙂 it’s a long time since I’ve felt like this and I’m enjoying it 🙂 xxxxxxx

Woohoo for you, CG! Make the most of it!! Xxxxx

Hi team. A belated welcome Cinq. I’ve been logging in occasionally to read a few posts but could not be bothered to “write”. Unfortunately I’m still not well. This damn lurgi has hung around for over two weeks. I just start to feel as though I’m on the mend and then it all goes downhill again. Anyhow I’m still here and once I’m feeling good again will recommence the 5:2. Although I’ve not been all that hungry I’m still eating, probably just a habit. I doubt if I’ve lost any weight. Don’t really care at this point.
    A lovely spring day here on Tas NE coast with late rain forecast. I’ve just been outside watering my poor neglected pot plants. I’ve some lovely Freesias and Daffodils. Also a Warratah in full bloom.
    Pepper the pooch has a dose of spring fever too. He’s been running up and down the passage for the past half an hour playing with his doggy toys. He’s now flat out and exhausted.
    Enjoy your day team.
    XX Doggy

HI Everyone and especially Dawg lovely to hear from you. But not so good to hear that you’re still not well. Here’s hoping that it will pass soon and you’ll be on the way to 100% again. Enjoy Pepper and his antics in the meantime. Once you’re better the spring fever will hit you too & you’ll be back in the swing of 5:2. {{{ }}}
    Ooh CG going out for lunch…enjoy! Enjoy the sunshine and the new spring in your step!
    Fit/CG I still love your anthem……..BRING IT ON! It’s so good for us all, preparing us for battle so to speak. Battle for some of us with complacency, battle for others with choices, battle a plateau, battle with sorting out our individual approaches with 5:2 and how it works best for us individually! So yes BRING IT ON and we’ll make our goals.
    Yes the scales settled down for me this morning at 70.8 so a good chance that I might make it into the 60’s by weigh-in day. Still logging all my food, drinking lotsa water, and keeping up with the exercise. And making healthy choices with a few small treats thrown in here & there. Heading up to Busselton today to do a few errands/bit of shopping that we can’t get here. So will be having lunch out too CG….reminder to self to pick carefully. Feeling nauseous today for some reason so hope it settles down soon – no idea why. Do want to enjoy that lunch!
    Ooh tell you what that Maple Mustard Chicken yesterday was absolutely delicious!! Not for a FD but not too bad in cals & I only had one medium size piece of chicken & have more to look forward to tonight. Recipe is here:http://anoregoncottage.com/baked-maple-mustard-chicken/ MFP worked it out at 456 cals for a 190gr chicken piece. Amazing flavour!! Go on try it…..kids would love it too. Had with 2 veg.
    Have a wonderful day all and work towards your goal, whatever that is. Remember every choice counts but don’t make it into a diet….plan treats in moderation. suejen XX

Hi all I was browsing forums and decided that this is the one for me. Just discovering this way of eating and am excited about starting. Would love to weigh in Friday’s with you all as really need accountability and support. Have struggled with weight for 38 of my 68 years, after going back to work when children started school which required not playing sport a few days a week and being very active. Although in the grey brigade, very young at heart. Looking forward to having this journey with you.

Hi Purple Hats,
    I am so new here, that you are the first new person I get a chance to welcome! Welcome! It is a great journey to be on! I can see it is going to be a WOL for me (see, I am learning the acronyms: Way of Life).

Thanks for the welcome Doggy. What made you choose that name? Something to do with Pepper the pooch? I hope you feel fully recovered soon!

It is my turn to feel exhausted now, I’ve had a busy morning. I am going to lie down on the couch, and Miso the cat might sit on the heat bags at my feet (so I can’t get them).

Purple Hats, welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION I know a few people seem to thread jump but most of us are loyal here and you’ll find us all very caring interesting people. We do encourage and support you on this journey and have a few laughs along the way. We get off the food subject quite often, but hay, we’re women and life goes on 🙂 You will find this a very easy. Way of Life and Way of Eating. It’s very healthy but not a restrictive diet. We have all had fabulous success and you will too. Feel free to ask questions as they arise, which they will, and one or more of our team will help you, again, welcome 🙂 CG xxx

Suejen, great recipe, I’ll try that, sounds yummy, enjoy your lunch, I know I did, Cajun chicken in a crusty salad roll, with a side of chips. Had only a few chips but loved getting my teeth into the crusty roll 🙂 oh so yum. No idea of cals OR carbs, but hay, how often does it happen, and life goes on 🙂
    Doggy lovely to hear from you, we have a lot of sickies like you up my way, and it just keeps hanging on. One girl said she was layed up for two weeks! Now your immune system is down, take real care of yourself, hay fever season is around the corner 😉 thinking of you 🙂 xxxxx

Evening Determinators! WELCOME TO PURPLE HAT….My B2B ended at 1pm, setteled for a chicken wing &2 slices of cafe style fruit toast, it was so good! Now looking forward to a very hearty beef stew for dinner. OH has a cold and has been unwell since late yesterday, so I thought nothing better than a beef stew to really warm his wonderful heart!.
    There is no big deal with a B2B …..you really need positive head space and keep busy and reach often for fluids. it is good for me as it does shift that plateau by 2 kgs every time I do one. Be daring team give it ago!. Sorry new members I would advise you wait until you have the fundamentals of 5:2 down pat to what suits you before you attempt one.
    DEAREST DOGGY-I do feel for you ! MY Mum has had this for just on 2 weeks…. I am certain hers is a combination of other emotional causes, but she is very lethargic …take care{{{ hugs }}}}. Have a comfortable night everyone….GO GALxxx

Welcome Purple Hat you sound like you’ll just fit right in! Lots of us been overweight for about that long I should think….for various reasons. Starting 5:2 is very exciting isn’t it and you’ll find the weight comes off pretty well at the start. It will slow down & sometimes plateau, but if you stick with us we’ll encourage you or commiserate with you, or share tips we’ve tried! Lots of us in our 60’s but not all as we’re a very welcoming group & all ages seem to fit right in.
    CQ (Cinque) hope you got your needed rest & recovered, & that Miso shared the heatbags with you – cheeky cat!
    CG I had a chicken/brie/relish panini…..but I only had half! Other half is in the fridge for another day. Was yummy but I was full & not going to push it. Trying to listen to those tummy signals! Or is it brain signals??
    GG all I can say is that you MUST have more positive head space than I do! I didn’t even manage my planned 4:3 but headaches got in the way. Wasn’t looking forward to it though. Must admit I DO like the sound of the 2kgs though….that part I could live with, just not the other part!! A beef stew sounds like just the ticket GG on a cold night.
    Have a good night all. Are you starting to prepare mentally for your 2nd fast? It’s good to start thinking about it & preparing mentally for those restricted calories. And of course physically preparing any food you need ready for the day. suejen XXXX

Hi All!
    So sorry to hear that the dreaded lurgy is still haunting you, Doggy. Enjoy the rest and remember it is a vital part of the healing process so don’t feel guilty. Hope Pepper keeps you amused, he sound so adorable.
    GG – I’m not surprised you mum is also under the weather…grief mainfests itself in all sorts of ways. When I was working, I was usually the only member of staff who was never off sick, except for the year my dad died, when I got the ‘flu twice. Look after yourself too – I’m still in awe of you and your B2Bs!!
    SJ – You are so right that we are always facing challenges in this wol because life constantly throws us curve balls, just when we think we have it sussed! So yes, the new anthem is BRING IT ON!! Hope you had a lovely day out and enjoyed the lunch. Best of luck with next weigh-in. Xxx
    Purple Hat – welcome! This is a great thread to join. There isn’t anything you can ask that someone won’t have an answer or advice about….so dive on in here and enjoy the journey!
    Cinque – enjoy your well earned rest, wish I had a furry friend to warm my feet!
    CG – glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch, sounds yummy! I’m very pleased with my weigh-in this morning. Have lost two of the three kg I put on in the aftermath of my hols so I hope to get rid of the last kg in the next week or two. After that, I will see if I can lose a little more to have some wriggle room and look my best for my godson’s wedding in mid Oct.
    Ok – gotta get back to DIY – just a bit of cleaning and tidying because I can’t put up the wallpaper yet until fire trim has been installed. But the finishing line is in sight, so I’m a happy bunny!! 🙂

Good morning team, well BRING IT ON another fast day is here and this is the one that counts! They all do but the second (third for you GG) is the one which seems to move that fat! Your plan will now reward you so stick with it and wait for that outcome. YOU CAN DO IT you know it works and more importantly YOU ARE NOT ALONE we are all here for each other. 🙂 It is only ONE day, tomorrow those treats await you 🙂
    Fit you sound close to finished, what a thrill for you, I bet it is all looking lovely as it comes together, well done and 2K down, maybe you should get a part time job doing decorating, think of the weight loss! 🙂
    Happy positive day to you all team, weather getting milder so our spirit seems to be uplifted and the winter blues are going for good. The hibernation is almost over and the outdoors is waiting 🙂 xxxxxxxx

ECHO……BRING IT ON!…..I do need this FD ….CG I had 6 squares of Aldi almond chocolate last night.
    Happy day to all. The sun is shiny and Oscar wants walkie……GO GALXXXXX

Hiya CG! Hope your fast goes well today. I’m all prepped and ready to start the wallpapering tomorrow and I can’t wait to see how it turns out. I agree that all this DIY has been very good for keeping me out of the kitchen and away from food….an added bonus! I hope to fast all day tomorrow until evening when I will have a smallish portion of Irish stew….real comfort food and probably my favourite meal since childhood.
    Have great FD all you fab ADers….BRING IT ON!!!!!

Wow, you are both getting great exercise! My boys get theirs running and having play fights in the garden, but Oscar is lucky going to the beach 🙂 and Fit, you will be up and down a ladder, so be careful 🙂 My exercise is a little less energetic but at least I’m moving and these days I’m upright and pretty pain free, not looking like I’m bending to pick something up 🙁 anyway, whatever we do, all goes to help this wonderful journey. BRING IT ON team, as you know WE CAN DO IT 🙂 xxxxxxx

Wheres Taco, missing you our friend, are you alright? Xxxxx

Sorry, GG! Our posts crossed, I hope you didn’t think I was ignoring you! Chocolate sounds like heaven 🙂 Enjoy the walkies!!

Hi team and thanks to all who’ve wished me well while I’m under the weather. Yes it’s a bummer but not life threatening, just a pain in the A. I’ve spent the past two weeks alternating between my bed and my armchair. Not a very healthy lifestyle but I’m sure I’ll be up and at it again soon
    Welcome Purple Hat. You may land up being called. PH. In the typical Aussie fashion we soon get nicknames. Clinqe I’m not sure where mine came from. My login name of Dogsabie perhaps. Sabie is for the much loved Golden Retriever that we had to have put down just before last Christmas. I got Pepper to help get over his loss. I’ve always loved animals and seldom been without a pet in my life.
    I’m still not bothering to count calories. Enjoying the late afternoon glass or two of wine. Purely medicinal of course!!
    Cheers all and happy dieting to those who are fasting today. I’m hoping to join you again next week.
    XX Doggy

Fit well done. Lost 2 kg and the finishing line of the DIY is in sight! Yeah for you. Yes CG BRING IT ON move some fat as you say and it is just for today…and we know that we all survice it very well. Sometimes I think wr even thrive on it. If we have a few weeks off we feel blah and fat and just not right……well I know I do. Doggie even though youre still unwell I sense a hint of optimism and a light at the end of the tunnel for you. We’ll welcome you back with open arms. GG hope you enjoyed every square of that chocolate guilt free! Ooh Fit irish stew I can smell it..I love it too!
    Well just back from pilates and going to keep busy all day to delay my food as long as possible. I can almost feel 69 staring at me on the scales if I stick to my plan! Keep up the water intake – my full glass on the bench is working well. About to log all my food. Exercise already done. Apart from that my plan was healthy food choices and that’s been happening too. So all is lookin good. Suejen xxxx

Hi team, how are you all managing. I just back from the hairdressers and put the telly on just in time to see Jamie Oliver dressing a leg of lamb grrrr then showing it baking, I swear I could smell it! I have only had fluids all day, just poured a cuppa tea and it’s just gone 4.30, so really not hungry but certainly looking forward to my stir fry for dinner 🙂 Tomorrow I’m having lamb! Hang in there, WE CAN DO THIS, so BRING IT ON! Xxxxx

Hi all, looking forward to my first weigh day tomorrow after my first week.

Hi purple, I hope you are pleasantly surprised 🙂 how did you go today with your fast. It has become very cold here, making a hot dinner the perfect choice 😉 xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 7,601 through 7,650 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.