Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 14,786 total)

• CG – I am so glad to hear that today is a better day for you. I have sour cream in mind for today πŸ™‚ I might try to fast again today or I might just be careful with what I eat and pick up on Thursday. Lotus, you mentioned that you put on .5 of a kilo due to overindulging on the weekend, I can easily put 2 kilos in one week and I am determined not to let that happen! I eat up on all of my non skinny days, it is the fasts that prevent me from gaining…so I’m a tad worried.
    Lotus and GG Happy Birthday girls πŸ™‚ I hope you both had fun and enjoyed your cakes. I had cake too, and it wasn’t my birthday!

I just lost another post πŸ™ I’ll try again later. CG – thanks for GG’s update . GG and Fit , I’m thinking of you both xx Suejen, I had a post for you, it was about the awful zig zag , all the best for leaving the dreaded 70’s and entering the 60’s. I’m trying to get clear away from 86 and into 85 as I have been hovering around 86 and mid to high 85’s

Taco fox, I had to laugh about the unthinkable happening, as if it was totally divorced from you and cam down from on high! Never mind, there is always next time.

Successful fast yesterday but she I weighed myself this morning I appeared to have gained! A lot!

Then I remembered my blow out weekend……. which was why I hadn’t weighed myself pre fast…

I’ll see how I go by the official weigh in on Friday.

Non fast day. Corned beef and cabbage coming up. Sounds dull but my family love it. Done in the slow cooker and the cabbage is jazzed up with carrot, onion and cheese. We usually have mashed potato with it but tonight I might dilute it with pumpkin.

Have a good day all. Hang in there everybody!

Upt, dinner doesn’t sound dull, it sound yummy, one of my favourite family meals too. Especially with a dob of my homemade pickles on my plate πŸ™‚
    Taco I could put 2k on in weekends too, but the two fast get rid of the extra fluid easily, but if I don’t pig out, I don’t lose anything! The body has given me a level, and damned if it will move πŸ™ extra warmth for winter I guess.
    We will all be moving into spring meals before we know it and weight loss will start again, but I love the comfort of winter food, plus it’s a great time for my rehab, unrestricted πŸ™‚ too
    Don’t be hard on yourseld team, if it weren’t for 5:2 Maccas would be a regular or some sort of junk /fast food without thought. You are all still doing so well, even half a fast is better than none. πŸ™‚ We still feel that tap on the shoulder when temptation is there, so when you think at the end of the day what you could have but didn’t have, congratulate yourself and feel proud. πŸ™‚
    Enjoy the day team xxxxxx

Milena woke up through the night thinking about your lovely Lazarus cat …. had a smile .. good stuff.
    Lotus I keep Tahini paste for making Hummus, will have to try it in other ways too.
    Up slow cooked corn beef with cabbage is one of my favourites too. Try mashed carrot and parsnip with it instead of potato.
    SJ meant to get back to you before dinner last night. I have been having chilli over cabbage instead of rice. I’m struggling with Slendier stuff and haven’t yet tried it boiled and ‘fried’ as was suggested in an earlier post. Can even have some light sour cream over chilli when cals allow.
    CG if you are anything like me all the pain killer pills make for a dodgy tum and so over eating when on them is not an issue. Hang in there friend. πŸ™‚
    Taco don’t sweat the break out, it has happened to most of us at one time or another. Tomorrow really is another day. πŸ™‚
    YY xx

Hello Everyone, just reading through the posts from last few days

CG – so good to hear that you are on the mend and just the same as always.

Fit – My heart goes out to you and your friends and family, look after yourself as well, it must be a very hard time – hugs and kisses to you

Gypsy, safe and happy travels for you, have a wonderful time

GG – my thoughts are with you and your family, precious times together xx

SJ/UP/DAWG/Taco/Lotus – you ahve kept this thread going for the last week, well done and you all make me laugh

Well, life goes on and my OH is getting better each day, I am keeping up appearances with him and at work but some days (like last Saturday) just want to not talk to anybody at all.

My contract at work is coming to an end and I applied to stay on but am in 2 minds about it. They have been alot better of late so I think , better the devil you know, and like all of you have said and I know, most businesses are the same. May find out tomorrow if I have the job(s). 2 available, Reception and Admin Manager, which would mean more brain work which I need.

5.2 is still going, fast day yesterday, all ok, cannot shift under 78kgs, but I will eventually.

Have a great day everyone. Hope you are well FB!!

Just saw Birthday wishes for Lotus & GG

Have a happy day girls, best wishes xx

Up- your dinner sounds delicious πŸ™‚ I will have to copy your idea – I will just skip the meat πŸ™‚ ..and that naughty kilo should drop off! CG Thank you for being the voice of reason πŸ™‚ I am making better choices and I’m not always tired like I used to. I thought that I was the only one on earth capable of putting on a good 2 kilos a week-sigh , if only it were the other way round. Yes, in winter one requires comfort food,. I have no excuse as I’m not unwell or recovering from anything at this point in time, however , CG – you need to heal and be pain free so that is where your body is using up its energy.

Yum Yum, – I too struggle with slender noodles ! They are pretty special! Chewy, slimy and they smell funny . Lol, but I will try boil them – I only eat a backet if I am about to eat my arm off -or someone else’s πŸ™‚ and you are right! Tomorrow is another day and I will try to be as angelic as possible πŸ™‚

Hi – can I join? I’ve started fasting on the 16th of June and have since lost 2 kilos. I didn’t fast all last week (had a cold and you know what they say – feed a cold, starve a fever!) and still have one more fast day this week so am pretty pleased.

Next week is going to be a challenge because I have friends from overseas visiting and we will be feasting! they arrive on Wednesday morning(my fast day) and I have committed to going out with them on Wednesday night. Can I fast on Monday and Tuesday? I know it’s consecutive days, but just this once? Or do I just fast one day next week?

Thanks for any advice! Go Go Go!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Spyder- πŸ™‚ welcome, everyone on this forum is helpful and kind πŸ™‚ I’m sort off newish but I know that you can swap your fast day to suit your lifestyle πŸ™‚ Violet πŸ™‚ welcome , sorry I missed your post.

Doiit – all the best , I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get the new job, I’m sorry to hear that things health wise aren’t good , you and your family will be in my prayers xx The weight will shift when you least expect it! I’d kill to be 78 πŸ™‚ lol

Milena πŸ™‚ I’m so glad your cat is well again! We have an old 8 kilo cat and a young whipper sniper , slim young one πŸ™‚ The old one sings at night, arrgghhhhhhhhh! On a weeknight it kills me! He loves to get in my face and meow, I open my eyes and he purrs so I pat him to try and settle him back to sleep – lest the chihuahuas wake and that’s bad as they need to pee as soon as they wake up.

Oops! I think I’ve been a chatterbox today πŸ™‚ I hope everyone is keeping warm/ or trying to keep warm πŸ™‚ CG – I hope you are having a good day and that the nerve pain has not reared its ugly head again. Dawgy – πŸ™‚

Hi Taco, thank you for thinking of me, my arvo didn’t go like I was hoping, the nerve pain is just so unpredictable grrrrr, anyway each day is a step closer to healing.Some times the meds kick in and others they do nothing, or seem to, so walking the house, doing the breathing like pilate to strengthen the core muscles around the back and just thinking positive between naps πŸ™‚ This time next year, it will just be a blurred memory πŸ™‚
    Don’t worry about being a chatterbox, it’s refreshing.
    F.B are you okay, haven’t heard from you for a while.
    Doggy, I bet it’s all excitement at you place with family and pepper πŸ™‚ enjoy it, family time is so precious.
    Happy evening all xxxx

Hello everyone, Its been very hard to catchup with what you all have been up to!
    My Dad is holding his own…. He is bed bound, so each day I shower him and change linen. I am looking after myself. My wonderful OH come to Sydney on Sunday which was a treat ….. nothing like the arms of your ever lov’in to lift your spirits. My Mum could never have cared for my Dad in his condition. I am very thankful for the one on one time I am having with him.
    I am doing mini fasts of 12- 16hrs …. have no idea what my weight is.
    FIT- keep your chin up … You are in my thoughts.
    DOINIT- Thinking of you also and am hoping your OH keeps on improving.Best wishes for your job(s).
    LOTUS- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES…. HUGS on wings to you!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes as well ….. but its not my birthday…. it was 3 months ago….. Melbourne with CG & FB.
    TACO- Thanks a million….love your posts.
    WELCOME TO ALL NEW TEAM MEMBERS….The team will help you when ever you need them.
    Wishing you all my best …. keep your AUSSIE DETERMINATION STRONG!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS….love……GO GALxxxxx

Lotus, happy birthday too, I’m sure GG had hers in April when we were in Melb. Maybe I’m coming in on the end of an in joke?

Oh GG, we crossed, lovely to see you here πŸ™‚ I’ll phone you in a Few days xxxxx

Thank you all for your lovely bday wishes πŸ™‚
    Milena, was it you? – had a giggle at your posts – the sausage roll spoke to you told you to eat it hmm? I had the same convo with a couple of Tim-tams today… What could I do? They were calling my name πŸ˜‰
    Taco lurve your posts. So cute πŸ™‚ esp about your pet antics!!
    Spyder, Violet – a big welcome to the thread and this WOL. We do have a whinge now and then, but mostly it is a hugely successful way to a healthier you…
    DiiP – hang in there Mate. And yes, maybe s new job in your life may add unwanted stress? If they renew the contract will you stay on? There are days I don’t feel talking too, but, this thread is fun to be in, so join and lurk if you feel like πŸ™‚
    CG – hope tonight’s better pain-wise for you
    GG – caring for someone is tough, especially a parent… But it’s a privilege too! Take care of yourself!! Glad your OH is there for you (at least over the weekend)

Lotus, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. (was singing it, did you hear?) Probably just as well you didn’t on second thoughts. πŸ™‚
    Just come home from a hospital generated family meeting ….. head whirling, not sure what will come of it.
    GG this time you get to spend with both your Mum and Dad is precious and will help to look back on. Bless you.
    DiiP get where you are coming from .. (()) – hugs.

To everyone else, enjoy your evening. YY xx

While we are telling pet stories…. I was at the dog park this arvo with my dog when his best dog buddy thought I was standing still for too long and was obviously a tree. Lifted his leg….

Horrified owners and I were all recovering and they were telling me what a good job my daughter had been doing with my dog while we were away when one says, “Here she is now”.

This threw me as she had dropped me at the park on her way into the city for an appointment. It couldn’t be right, but sure enough, it was her! Dumped a little dog she had nearly run over into my arms and continued on, saying she had tried to ring the number on the collar but no answer.

To cut a long story short, I was able to eventually contact the owner and all ended well. It had escaped, was blind and standing in the middle of the road. It was wearing a coat and shaking like a leaf while I held it as all our dogs were big ones and freaking it out. Turns out in the end that it has never been scared of anything in it’s life and would have picked a fight if I had put it down, according to the owner! Was just cold as it usually wears 2 coats! I believe it is now in it’s basket with a hot water bottle! PS, this is Queensland!

Anyway, went home to the corned beef, really wanted a wine while cooking but resisted, (unhappily!).

Hi All,
    Running around this morning to get all my errands done before the guy comes to tune my piano. My grand nephew is still getting seizure-like episodes but all tests done so far have come back clear and the medics are puzzled – a worrying time for all.
    My OH has set off for France by sea and land this morning with our dog, so the house is feeling very quiet and empty. I will be joining him next week after I go to a Bette Midler concert in Leeds, England and will fly on from there.
    Happy birthday, Lotus – hope you were spoiled rotten.
    Doit – glad to hear things are still going in the right direction for your OH and best of luck on the job front.
    Spydemat – welcome, yes you can do fast days in a row if you wish; it’s up to you how you space them out during the week to suit your own schedule. Best of luck.
    Thanks a million, CG, Taco, YY, GG, Doit, Up, Milena and everyone for giving me such support and kind wishes over the past while. I am definitely getting stronger and better able to face what’s ahead.
    GG – I am so glad you are getting this special time to spend with your dad, it’s precious and will be a great consolation to you later. Take care xx

HI folks just a quick post. Not well again. My UTI has not cleared up so back to GP again. Have to stop my antibiotics & then do another test tomorrow to see what’s going on. In the meantime it’s just Ural until we get the results back maybe Friday. I’m not even sure it’s the bladder infection but we’ll see. Tummy is MOST unhappy & I’m exhausted doing nothing. So food today has been pretty erratic & whatever takes my fancy – comfort stuff. Didn’t even lose much after my FD which is unusual (even though it was a really good day) but I guess my body’s busy fighting other stuff!
    That’s it from me suejen XXX
    Fit so glad to hear you’re getting stronger. XX
    Lotus happy birthday & hope you enjoyed those special tim tams with your name on!
    GG so glad that you’re able to have this special time with your Dad. I think it’s wonderful when someone can spend as long as possible in their own, familiar home.
    CG hope that nerve pain settles down for you, very frustrating when the meds are so unpredictable. But good to have you around the traps again!! Byee

CG – sorry to hear that your afternoon has been a difficult one πŸ™ I hope your painkillers work well tonight so that you can rest and be stronger tomorrow

Suejen, I hope you are well soon. Were you on keflex? I know that it doesn’t work for everyone- some people need stronger stuff. ill be thinking of you; I gained when I was sick but I’ve lost it again -I think our bodies just fight infection/pain/ viruses etc instead of fat when we are sick

Fit- still thinking of you, I hope everything sorts itself out soon for you and your family:) it’s so good to hear that your lovely doggie is going away with you and your OH πŸ™‚

Up- lol πŸ™‚ what a naughty peeing doggy! Perhaps you will need to walk around next time, specially if that doggy makes a beeline for you πŸ˜‰ I think it was lovely of you and your daughter to have rescued the little guy! Our smallest chi is a problem child! He always tries to pick fights and always needs a jumper or two if it’s very cold πŸ™‚

YumYum- I hope all is well with you and your family πŸ™‚

I have had a very lazy day today:) all toy self.!i made leek and potato soup and scones …and posted all day. Lol. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me. B’day girl – Lotus – party hard , then fast it all off on Thursday. Goodnight everyone , take care:)

Hilarious – Agree with Taco, you have to walk and talk Uptight πŸ™‚
    Nightie night team

Good to hear from you SJ, but sorry you’re still not well. Mind yourself and forget about 5:2 until you’re better xx
    Thanks for funny story, Up – it made me smile.

Hi Fit, it’s great to see that note of positivity creeping into your posts again. I’m so pleased for you and going away often helps clear the cobwebs and see thing in a new perspective. Your a big part of our team and love to read your posts, so welcome back to the mayhem πŸ™‚ it helps take your mind off other things πŸ™‚
    Suejen, UTI’s are buggers of things. If as Taco suggested you were taking Keflex, they may be the problem. I’m allergic to them, or whatever their main substance is, so a different antibiotic could be the answer. Hang in there, very uncomfortable I know, but they will get to the root of it I’m sure
    Up, loved to stories, one very funny and one heart warming. You were in the right place at the right time, maybe a wet suit in future when walking near that dog? πŸ™‚
    Well still up an hour after taking sleeping tablets! Leg pain giving me billio, but not letting it get me down. Thinking of the reality of a pain free back and telling myself, it all takes time to heal. The nerves are readjusting after being crushed and finding new paths down my leg, so just put up with it. (One should never self diagnose) but if it gets me through, making up these reasons for pain, that’s what I’ll hang onto πŸ™‚
    See you tomorrow team. Our fasts are few and far between, but our friendship is very strong and our determination to stay in control even stronger πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

I love how active this post is!
    Thanks for the warm welcome – I look forward to getting to know you all. πŸ™‚
    And thanks for the advice! I will probably have to do two days in a row next week (God help me)!
    It’s a fast day for me today, looking forward to some steak and veggies tonight. I’m starving hungry now though – apparently gum makes you more hungry!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Welcome Spydernat, if you are chewing ‘sugar free’ gum the sweetener they use can cause more hunger pangs but the amount you get in a few sticks of gum shouldn’t do much. More likely the windy feeling from chewing and swallowing air imitates the hungry tummy feeling.

SJ you can get another brand of the Ural stuff that is better and is anti-bacterial too. Doesn’t just have the alkaline effect like Urals. Just ask your chemist and I’ll check with my niece who recently told me about it.

CG the nerve pain you are feeling sounds a lot like the pain you get with Shingles. Not that I’m saying you have Shingles but I’m feeling very sorry for you with that sort of pain. Hoping all the nerve ends settle down soon. πŸ™

Taco still working on the family thing .. thanks.

Up got a similar story about a cat called Thomas … lovely to restore these old pets to their owners.

Fit so good to hear you are doing some fun things. Nothing like a break to put other stuff into perspective. Bit like me having a holiday in my bath this week πŸ™‚ great place to think things out.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. YY xx

Hi spydernat Welcome to our wonderful thread, I’m sorry being late with it but missed your first post. We are very friendly and helpful so ask any question that arise. When the hungers hit, carrot sticks or a boiled egg, zero coke πŸ™‚ vegemite tea, all hit the spot and are low cal and filling. Also miso soup, you can get the paste sachet and just add hot water if you are at work, or the cup a soup ones. These tricks are well practiced by our team and do work πŸ™‚
    Yumyum you have me worried about shingles. I know how cruel that is but this is related to the spine. Most things I read online are the same or similar after spinal surgery. Even the Dr gave a knowing nod when I first told him. Shocking morning with electric shocks going through my leg, but when it eased and after my shower the meds kicked in, I feel brilliant. So it’s just rolling along on this uncontrolled wave.
    Each day is an adventure, some good others ugh! But still no back pain so my blessings are being felt. πŸ™‚
    Have a great day team xxxxx

CG – I’m glad the pain killers have kicked in πŸ™‚ is there a possibly of keeping the painkillers as a constant in your bloodstream to avoid the pain hikes? Eg taking them round the clock ? I’m just wondering , because it sounds awful and if it can be eased .., perhaps you could give the local pharmacist a call or your doctor πŸ™‚ not a bad day for me but not a good one either πŸ™ have a lovely day everyone and prepare for tomorrow’s fast! I will need to buy more eggs , tea – including rosehip – and make a lovely soup xx I might catch up later this evening otherwise tomorrow πŸ™‚

Hi Taco, your right on the ball, that’s exactly what Chris and I worked out. We decided I seemed to have a “clump” of meds then a long arvo with none waiting for the evening ones, so now seem to be having something every 2 hrs keeping A med running through my system. It’s working well, but they are all still needed. Golly I’m sorry to keep going on with this but it is controlling my life at the moment. I’m still euphoric about having no back pain and WILL beat this bloody leg pain. Just one more hurdle life has given me πŸ™‚
    I hope you all went well well if fasting, don’t be too hard on yourselves if you slip up a bit, you are still in mind control and no where near the mindless eater you used to be πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Hi gang, I’m back from an epic trip with the mob. Just in time to boil my eggs for tomorrow. Pretty whacked so I’ll try again tomorrow to catch up. I did just spend half an hour compiling a post, complete with snapshots of the trip, but it didn’t appear. Maybe it was too long or too off topic and got stopped by admin? Oh, well, I do get carried away. Must remember that this is a dedicated forum to healthy eating habits. And I didn’t set a very good example hoeing into all the fats and bevvies over my campfire cookouts. We had the bacon and egg version of brekkies and even ice cream with the fruit salad! I am not game to check out the scales at this point. But the moon is into waning phase again, (if you are feeling flat that’s what’s draining you) may it take my excess lard with it!

CG, Fit, and GG, I hope you are being supported through your individual difficulties. I had hoped my piccies would give you a laugh, but I’ll just send hugs instead. Welcome to new posters. I’ll just make do with one little glimpse of the new hat I got presented with by the mob. (much ribald commentary came with it re “Thelma and Louise” swanning it in the support vehicle while they froze riding in winter rain).

photo 11666084_998513246845877_6353826695026855123_n.jpg

A good trip. I’ve earned a sav or two. Cheers! Gyps

Ah well, maybe just a couple more… just to enlighten any who may be thinking old age is a depressing business – It’s all in the attitude one adopts….

Meet the mob. they just rode 800ks before dinner…
     photo 11694885_998513406845861_7556197519651722309_n.jpg

Great to hear all went well, Gypsy. Nice pics! Ha! They don’t look like mad salad eaters!

I agree Taco, keeping the meds going sounds like the best idea. CG, hope it works.

Welcome Spyde.

And Fit, so glad to hear you have some distractions and are feeling a bit better. Great news. Re the baby, I guess at least, that they have excluded some nasty things if they can’t find anything so that is a positive. A bit more than febrile convulsions though?

Me and my sidekick have done the trek on two wheels many times….

photo 11401451_998596136837588_8806589813595541195_n.jpg

I’m the short one!
     photo ON THE 5OOO K OUTBACK RUN WITH THE SOUTHERN CROSS MOB_zpscmr4yndc.jpg

Now we’re doing it in style.

photo 11223648_997871300243405_5984108267417485519_n.jpg

Even got time for refreshments on the road.
     photo 10995467_997870580243477_7845714313961485210_n.jpg

So if this is a portrait of old age, it’s not so bad, huh? My mate at Sundown. I’ll be proud to be her wingman, anytime, any day.
     photo 11709438_998513226845879_1886473742823670512_n.jpg

I’m still the short one – we were girls and now we’re grannies. Still riding that highway, our way. You CAN DO IT!
     photo 11693967_998547940175741_9056883118008965047_n.jpg
    So thank god for 5:2. We can still enjoy this and live to our full potential. Here’s to mates who see us through the hard times! xxx

photo 11709600_998513170179218_2024967218184607556_n.jpg

Cheers! The gypsy. xxx

What a fantastic looking group Gyps, and you look so young, what a fabulous life you are all still having and friendships like that are so precious πŸ™‚ Chris and I go back 50 odd years so know what it means. So glad you shared your pics with us and welcome back πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Hi All,
    Wow, Gyps – you sure know how to pack the most into life! Love all the pics of you and your mates having a ball on the road. You look slim, young and fit!
    CG – hope you get your leg pain sorted soon, maybe the meds can be delivered by slow release patch? It’s great that your back is so good but I’m sure you could do without the other pain. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful message. It’s a long time since my spirits took such a hammering but I have to say your attitude and determination to overcome your own difficulties has been a true inspiration to me. Xx
    YY – hope things are looking better for you too – don’t spend too much time in the bath or you might shrink away to nothing! I am looking forward to some distraction but a little anxious to be away in France when I might be needed back home. Just have to wait and see how things pan out over the next few weeks.
    Yes, Up – febrile convulsions were ruled out so it’s still a mystery. They decided to let the baby go home as there had been no new seizures for over 40 hours but sent for him to come back again after more blood test results. Very stressful for new young parents.
    SJ – hope you’re feeling better.
    GG – my thoughts and best wishes with you.
    Taco – really enjoy your posts – keep them coming.
    Has anyone heard from FB? I hope she’s ok.
    Lotus, Milena, Dawg and our newbies – hope you’re all doing well.

Thanks CG, I’m sorry you have residual nerve pain, but can’t say I’m surprised. It’s quite common, but the luck of the draw. I had it too, it can make life miserable just thinking it will never go away. Mine didn’t without drug intervention, I had to take Gabapentin (a epilepsy med) for about a year, to desensitize the nerve endings cut in surgery. It still has that phantom soreness along the suture line. But once the burnings and electrical shock type zaps settle you don’t really notice the minor stuff. Keep bringing it to your dr’s attention and don’t be put off by a gp’s limitations. the meds for nerve pain are a specialist’s call ( on the restricted list and need specialist ok for the NH funding, they are pretty expensive). keep notes on what you need to get sorted when you go for your post op consult. And Yes, keep the pain med coverage going 24/7, not just when pain breaks through. You need undisturbed sleep to heal, especially nerve tracts. Nite, my friend. It will get better.

Yeah, right on Gypsy, Lyrica, same thing, is giving the relief as well as the morphine and panadine forte and now sleeping tabs! Never thought I’d be one for any of them but, a need is a need and yes so is sleep. It’s still evading me even with the meds, the “electric shock” keep jumping me awake, but fighting it when walking, trying to keep moving as scar tussue forms, and too bloody minded to be beaten. Haven’t cried yet and keep thinking how grateful I am that my back is fine, but feel I’ve swapped one pain for another!. Anyway, each day brings something new, something better, I’m eating more than usual, but with portion/size control, more so because of the meds and no nausia due to an empty tummy. Golly if it takes this to beat my original problem, I’ll do it knowing it does get better …..as before there was no hope πŸ™‚
    So much for my whinging and thanks for your input Gyps, it gives me hope as I had no warning of what to expect πŸ™‚ xxxxxxxx (Ashes just starting, so that will help take my mind off myself also a late night so might help me sleep ) xxxxGo Aussies!!

Gyps you look slim, truly my girl…so don’t worry about an extra kilo or two, when you had such a ball!!!
    Fit great to see you’re able to look beyond your own situation now. Don’t worry about being away for a while. My therapist had to drum into me over and over Sue we have time, we have time. There is no rush & there’s no need to panic. Just let it sit for a while till you can look at it with less attachment and emotion. It does happen. XX
    And CG as Madam Secretary I hereby ban you from saying you’re sorry talking about your pain/meds etc ever again. Do you hear me!!!? We want to know how you’re going & then when you get it under control we can celebrate with you & send cyber hugs etc. So keep us in the loop & don’t worry if it’s the same day after day. If that’s the reality for you then we want to hear it. Enuf said methinks. Do hope you can get a system sorted before Chris has to leave – that would give you confidence for sure. XX
    YY love the idea of you having a holiday in your bath this week! As you say great place to think things out. Hope you’ve been able to get your head around those decisions you need to make & that it has helped. Shall ask the chemist tomorrow re the different urals…thanks. XX
    Spydernat welcome to the team. Great to have you with us on this usually VERY active thread. As to the mad hungries they will pass in time, as we have all found. But herbal teas are great or miso soup – all low in cals. I also have a tsp of Vegemite in a glass of hot water. I think it’s yum & it does keep the hunger at bay for me. And I always cook 2 hardboiled eggs for fast days. Very portable if you work too.
    Hanging in there with my UTI till I get results on Friday. But CG I must ask my GP re the Cephalex or however you spell it, as I am feeling somewhat better since I stopped it. What symptoms did you have? Anyway we’ll see what the test tells us. Headache has been nasty at times & never had that before with a UTI. Eating was off the charts today so don’t expect any loss this week. Never mind so long as I can maintain over the hard times that’s OK. Hi to GG Taco Milena Lotus Dawg DiiP UT.

FB where are you girl??? CG any ideas??? suejen XXX

.Thanks suejen, point taken. It wasn’t me with the Cephlex,…oh! Keflex, yes I was allergic to it, ended up in hospital on a Drip,(antihistamine) rash all over the body and itched like I was lousy with fleas. Amoxil works well for me but the GP knows which antibiotic works in what area for which complaint, Just have a chat, they know what to give you, but UTI’s need attention so push for a solution πŸ™‚ xxxx gee we have a great friendly site, it’s so easy not to remember why we are here sometimes.YY hope all is well for you, and team, we ARE here for each other ready with hugs, so don’t stew on your problems, someone here would have had a similar experience and can pass on some worthwhile advise πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.