Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,701 through 5,750 (of 14,786 total)

• Yay!! So happy for you CG my dear, light at the end of the tunnel for you, and not soon enough… June 25 eh? Will send you prayers and best wishes for good operation and speedy recovery.
    and just a two kilo increase fully dressed is a major win 🙂

Thanks Lotus, can now keep up with you lot in Sydney at our reunion 🙂 xxx
    Poor GG was so conscious of my lack of walking ability, the true nurse that she is, hopefully now she will have to slow me down 🙂 xxxx

That is great news CG, not long now! How long do they expect you to be in hospital after the op?

You will most likely lose weight after the op as well, my mum lost 10 kgs after her 2 knee reconstructions. She just couldn’t eat everything they gave her.

Celebrate tonoght with your son and family. can I ask where he lives in Melbourne and where you live?
    XX

Hi Dawg, no , don’t often get time to read these days, the computer sort of replaced it for me. (I read the shades just to see what my granddaughters were rolling their eyes about, one must keep up! …something, anyway..) .

And not to wail Fit, I exceeded my FD limit, too ( and noooo ! I don’t care to enlarge upon it!) Ha, ha, at least the possibilities of imagination can make me grin. But bed clothes are not a focus for me ( I sleep alone!). Comfy, stretch, Whatever’s at hand, for the venue/tent/degree of difficulty for loo gallops (mine is outside). Plus I have to cart a Cpap machine around and have a Godzilla theme, anyway. Romance survives on mystery beyond the closed door, So I could say GEORGETTE HEYER books work for me, Doggie!

Back to sorting the cupboards! I saw a blurb on how to get rid of life junk by “only keeping what gives you joy” , so going to try finding some joy in the spring cleaning situation (will report the miracle if I do!) cheers! gyps

OOps! somebody turned the page while I was writing. Great news about your OP date CG!

I mostly get “regret” when I spring clean – should not really have bought that 🙂

Hi Diip, my Son lives in Carrum Downs, I live in South Gippsland (on the way to Wilsons Prom) 1.5hr from him. They expect i go in Thursday and home Saturday, depending on how I am, I don’t tend to hang around, the green green grass of home calls to me 🙂 xx Doubt I lose any weight, I wake up starving from anisthetic but pain is in control of that but I’ll be fine, just thinking positive xxxxx

CG that is wonderful news for you.I will certainly have you doin the walk etc when we again meet , if not sooner. Just so pleased……YAHOOO!!!!!!.
    I am reading a NORA ROBERTS TRIOLOGY at the moment The Cousin O”Dowd about witches and the like. Her writing gives me some fantasy and magic to read instead of my updating my nursing research with medical books. Love the smell of books , cannot ever see me doing the e-book thing.
    I am doing another fast today as I had my chocolate indulgence last night …. happy to report at 4pm so far so good………GO GAL XXXXX

Our B2B queen, you champ you xxxx

Wow CG, good news. A month to go n then some recovery. After that, you will be flying let alone walking.
    All the best n will pray for your speedy recovery.
    And you nailed it, 77 kgs with boots n winter clothes on, easy take 2 kilos away 🙂
    Have a great nite!!! Enjoy the time with Glen n dont think about fasting. Maybe a glass full of ice with Midori on top to celebrare 😉

Like your thinking FB….Happy Hour 🙂 xxx

Hi All a busy day so just posting. Found out last week that I’d been driving an unlicensed car since December as we moved & for some reason our change of address didn’t go through with DOTransport! So today was an expensive/paperwork-filled day, get a temp permit, pay a fine, drive to another town, get car inspected, pay more money, drive back & get new plates, pay more money. However now it’s all legit & alerts put into the system for next time. I also only just noticed my driving licence in time to get a new one. Man….so glad I don’t speed or do anything to get pulled over!!
    Just enjoying a glass of sav as we had to buy new wine glasses and…….you can’t just buy them without trying them out – sound like a good theory?! Did to me anyway.
    CG wonderful news re your date. Will be praying for the best possible outcome for you and a speedy recovery. Not too long away now….just a month. I find it amazing that after such major surgery they have you out so quickly!
    Gyps in regard to your spring cleaning & the like OH said to put the bigger red wine glasses away in the cupboard & I said You’re joking we’re 65! Why would I buy something now & put it away in the cupboard? How many years use do you wanna get out of it?! We’ll use them AND enjoy them now.
    GG I so agree with you re the feel/smell/look of books on my library shelves. I have mine arranged in authors well that is when I have more than 1 book of the same author. My special favourites are on one side in case I need to lend one, & the good-enough-to-keep on the other side. I used to read quite a bit of Nora Roberts but haven’t for a while. Just got handed a Lee Childs the other day The Affair – looks up my alley, espionage type of thing.
    Well having bought lunch today I’ve probably consumed far too much but have enough of last night’s FD dinner to compensate so should be OK.
    Oh had to laugh this morning. One of my mums who picks up her kids from the school bus late all the time bought me a coffee to compensate. But I have to carry a clipboard & a radiophone & it was getting awkward so I drank 1/2 & then put it next to a fence post. Next mum with her kids brought her dog to show the other kids on the bus. And…….you’ve probably guessed what happened next – YES he picked MY fence post, lifted his leg and peed all over my coffee!!! Ya gotta laugh…what else can u do.
    Fit & Lotus was it…..don’t keep chocolates in the house!! Have you tried keeping the Lindt dark stuff. OH has packets of the stuff (seriously 20-30 packets on special) but I don’t get the cravings for that. I can have one square & be satisfied. Never the case if I have milky chocolate in the house. It’s a goner. Give it a try. sj Hope you all had a good day.

Man I thought that was gonna be short. Tomorrow I promise to write a SHORT post. hehe x

SJ – you have had a busy day! First the car rego then the dog!! Cackling at your post now 🙂
    I like Lee Child, but also JD Robb ( another pseudonym for Nora Roberts, but these are noir mysteries, not romances etc) and JJ Graves…

Hi, not much news here but I did recently read The Golem and the Jinni, not new but new to me and Bitter Greens which is basically Rapunzel as it was first told. Not at all a child’s tale, more historical fiction with a bit of magic but I loved it.
    Glad all is on track, CG

CG, Carrum Downs, not far from my in laws I think, they are in Aspendale Gardens. I am sure it is on the Frankston line, I used to live in Cheltenham. Growing up we had a holiday house in The Prom, loved it there.

GG, I would love my mum and yours to join us in Sydney (sorry, had to go back a page) will try and talk her around.

I do like Nora Roberts, still getting through Game of Thrones.

Watching movie Black Hat with that Hemsworth man in it as I am reading the posts, movie is CRAP!! Do not hire it.

Don’t know how I did it but somehow disabled my email notifications. Wishing everyone a happy whatever day it is’ since I am 17 hours behind many of you.

It’s early morning for many of us here ( Australian Eastern Side), – good evening to you too Raven!

Good morning team, heading back to the country this morning 🙂 have a lovely day team, fasting or portion control, don’t sweat the small stuff…AND BE KIND TO YOURSELF
    One of life’s questions to ponder: Why do we breath in when we stand on the scales? 🙂 xxxxxx

CG – so so happy for you that your op is finally going to happen and that the end of your pain is in sight. 🙂

Good Morning Gang
    SJ, love the idea of trying out the wine glasses as soon as you can… Fair enough 🙂 🙂
    Hope you are feeling relaxed after a busy busy day yesterday.

I am fasting today and not feeling very motivated. For some reason I am experiencing unexplained mood swings (No, not time for aunt flo yet) More so, seems like my body is retaining a lot of water. My legs and hands are kinda swollen. This morning, I could not fit my feet into my usual ankle boots.
    I used to get this extreme water retention few years back as well. Got all the tests done and everything was fine. So, just have to wait for this to pass 🙁 🙁 🙁
    Can’t even attempt to step on scales with this much water retention. I am going to have a shock of my life. So, remaining away from scales until this gets resolved.

maybe fasting can help flush out excess water from the body. Plan is to drink lots of water today to get rid of this retained water.
    Sorry, had to whinge here as I am really not feeling up to myself today.

FB

FB – feel just like you today moodwise; just can’t shift the blues for some reason and have been eating rubbish all day. 😥
    Don’t feel bad about whinging, I’m so glad you did because it gave me the courage to share how bad I’m feeling today too. I wrote and deleted this post about four times already!

FB, Fit, stay strong my dears… Mood swings happen and they pass, but if we gain weight because we make choices (food and otherwise) that make us unhappy, we have have to live with the results…
    FB – try and calculate the sodium in your food and see if there is scope for decreasing it? Try at least for a week, the water retention should be solved with that…
    Calorie calculators could help as would googling nutrition info for dishes

Ah Fit, I can so much hear ya!. I even had nightmares. Don’t know what’s wrong. i can’t put a finger on anything actually. Didn’t even want to come in to work today. I dont feel like talking to anybody. So, my phone is sitting in the purse. Someone’s calling me, the phone is on vibration mode. But I really can’t be bothered to talk to ANYONE. I know if its urgent, OH is always there to answer his calls. Feels like I just want ME ONLY TIME…..
    It really helps to put it here and Fit you are so right, i wanna go out and eat all the junk food available, just to act like a rebel. I think I have gone mad…. 🙁

And Fit, I guess its the hormones playing up with me…I’d say share it how you feel as it certainly makes it a wee better. there are wonderful women here who are experts in uplifting the moods….

Thanks Lotus, yes, i am watching my salt/sodium intake already. I am guessing its definitely something that I ate or drank that is causing this water retention. Well, maybe…

Think you could be right about hormones, FB. Having alot of hot flushes in the last week which I thought I had finally seen the back of….so something is definitely going on. Wish I could think of something to say to help you feel better. I suppose we just have to dig in and wait for the blues to pass. You’re right to avoid unnecessary contact if you don’t feel like it. At least you haven’t eaten all round you like me! Sending you a big hug )( and hoping tomorrow is better for us both xx
    Thanks for your support too Lotus xx

Hi Everyone,

back from under the rock I’ve been hiding under the last 2 weeks. Things at home had been chaotic, things at work more so and sick kids to deal with meant my 5:2 journey got somewhat put on hold for a couple weeks as I couldn’t deal with FD’s mentally at the time.

but i’m back and today is a FD and I am going to stick to it!

I hope everyone is going great and I am going to attempt to keep up with the chatter from here on. Have missed the support and laughs .

have a fab day everyone

cheers M.O.M

Welcome back MoM, sorry to hear of your problems but hope all is on the mend. Fit and FB, it’s miserable when you’re feeling flat. Other than some music or a treat, shout yourself something, a trinket, or a haircut, bottle of perfume? (Or wine:) 🙂
    Better still, have a Nanny nap, your frame of mind might change when you wake, although hard to do if you are at work FB. I had fluid retention last week, couldn’t get my rings off, this week they are falling off and I am considering having them readjusted! Wonder if we swell before we let it all go, I’ve been making lots of visits to the loo and Niagara falls had nothing on me! 🙂 Don’t know if it’s because I have change eating into winter meals, speaking of which, Winter blues are a fact to a lot of people FB. Sounds like cuddle time for you both, close your eyes and imagine my arms around you….mmmm….Feel a bit better 🙂 ? xxxx. Hope so xxxxx

Hi team. FB the fluid retention is a curious thing. I suffered the same issue last year while on holiday in France. My sister in law has to take diuretics and she gave me one for a couple of days. They work well but you’d need to get a prescription. Maybe a GP checkup might be a good idea to check that you don’t have any underlying health issues.
    CG horray that your op is now lined up. You must be so looking forward to a pain free life. Re the scales. Maybe if we breath out when being weighed we’d weigh less! How much do two lungs full of air weigh???
    After being a bookworm since a young child I have a houseful of books. I actually don’t mind e books. I gave my kindle to my daughter but often download books onto my iPad. Oh Gypsy, Georgett Heyer. I remember reading her books many years ago.
    FD again tomorrow. I still have a few melas in the freezer for that. Since starting the 5:2 I’ve become very fond of Asian style cooking and ingredients. Many of the ingredients are low calorie. Also very spicy and that I like.
    Suejen I don’t dare buy chocolate either. I can eat dark, milk any kind. It just does not last in our house.
    x Dogggy

Morning Team you know we ARE a team don’t you, as we are so here for each other. FB and Fit when my problems started I too had a couple of days where I just retreated, didn’t want to talk to anyone & couldn’t retain a train of thought or conversation. It did me good to just have some me-time. FB I know you’re at work but as much as possible just retreat away, and like CG says plan some me-treat – spend some time planning it too as that helps shift your mood. In the past I’ve always found a massage great…but not cheap of course. I even find sometimes buying a more expensive magazine than I would usually allow myself works! Sending hugs to both of you and praying that the blues will lift, the weight will drop in good time and you’ll be back to your beautiful, bouncy, encouraging selves before you know it. Sometimes people who give out so much as you two do need a bit of a re-boot & a retreat. So allow yourselves to do that & just wait for your mood to change – it will. I’m taking lots of comfort from this article at the moment, maybe u will too:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/Louise%20-Thompson%20/news/article.cfm?a_id=936&objectid=11453981
    Sorry promised a short post today….maybe a tad shorter?? hugs all round suejen XX

Hi all, Plodding on through an uninspiring day myself (sorting clothes) just stopped for lunch and see others are in the same void. So where is the moon at?
    FB. your bloats are probably hormonal, but have you considered GLUTEN? TRY ELININATING IT. AS WE DO IN FASTING AND IT HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE, probably to most of us, but they might not be aware that bread, potatoes etc cause imbalance , which includes hormones, if they are gluten intolerant to some degree (very common in obesity, ageing and in combination with insulin resistance, plus processed foods/flour/wheat baddies). Just a thought.

heh, heh, otherwise, ladies….You know there are mood enhancers associated with the moon cycles. Also gravity that affects the tides and, many believe, all water, including human levels, are affected. Granny’s rules were as follows :

When the moon is full dreams come true
    So think ye kind, what ‘ere ye do.

When it wanes let anger go
    Plant ye nought, for nought will grow

In the middle life stands still
    No seed hath grown nor ever will……..

(this also relates to the menstrual cycle and it was an ‘old wives belief that on the 4 days of the new moon, middle of the month/moon cycle, the earth and it’s creatures are barren, thus a time of rest for the earth and contraception for females)

Ahh, but when the moon is waxing bright
    Plant ye well and grow ye right!

Just some trivia. Witch rule of thumb is that FULL moon phase has 4 days of influence and is a magnifier of whatever is going on (good for planting) bad for blue moods etc. One should never make life changing decisions under the influence of the full moon. (or worry about the bloats – it is tidal and will recede… so they believed, and it could explain medical ignorance of natural physiology when they can’t ‘find a cause’ so belay the pills! check the moon calendar, maybe)

So..
    Then it GOES INTO THE ‘WANING’ phase for 2 weeks, things diminish, good time to weed (or shave your legs, doesn’t regrow for a lot longer, true, try it!)

Then comes the new moon phase. 4 days of ‘barren’- expect delays, voids, etc, but on the up side, it’s just a time to pause and reflect. (or make hay when the grass don’t grow, if ya get the drift!)

Oh, and don’t forget THE TIME OF WAXING, when the moon is growing so do all it’s light nourishes. start a new project here, BUT WHATCH OUT FOR CHOCOLATE! the moon phases also relate to weight loss or GAIN.

Oh well, back to the cupboard for me. Did not realize I had soooo much winter gear stashed! some still with the tags on, ever hoping for a decent winter here in the tropics. So wasteful. Really glad about your surgery CG, And you sound better suejen, keep positive all xxxgyps,

(dumb post, but you guessed it, I’m waffling to avoid deciding what of my perfectly good clothes I must send to the Salvos, Librans sooo hate trivial decisions! but I will NOT put them back in that cupboard, promise…)

Posting this with GG’s permission.
    This is our hot n zexy GG in her new leather skirt
     photo 0494A152-D18D-4749-A555-A0D1DC6E6605.jpg

Fit, I am sure this will pass.
    See the wonderful responses from each and everyone in this gang.
    I know I was not alone and CG… awwwwww your cuddles are very warm n affectionate. Thanks
    I spoke to GG as well, like any other Mum she was very worried about me. Mum I am fine, just some blues and I am sure it will pass.
    Thanks ladies for wonderful responses n links. definitely feels better

Thank you my precious one for posting the pic. Team ,I felt so alive today that I had wanted to wear this skirt for weeks . I went shopping and 3 women ( I did not know) commented on my appearance. I felt tremendously proud and had to share it with FB.I weighed this morning and was 71.5kgs …. that’s why I felt so good My leather skirt just felt perfect and its a 12-14 (M). This is what a 12kgs lose can make you look and feel like. I want each of you to feel the same. YOU CAN DO THIS….YOU ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!!
    BIG WELCOME BACK M.O.M- hope all will settle to a comfortable pace for you very soon!……..GO GAL XXXXXXXX

Oh wow GG – you look abzolutely zexy and great 🙂
    FB- Hopefully your bloat will move on, for me, I am bloated too, but Aunty F’s visit time so, just have to wait it out.
    On my fast day today, and at home fixing internet / phone issues – all sorted now, phew, but really annoying time last week fixing it…
    Anyhoo, I read this interesting blog post that seems to be a relevant issue we are all facing or will face soon…
    http://auraimageconsulting.com/buying-clothes-while-losing-weight/

GG, just so proud of you, you look georgous and that eternal smile says it all, you light up a room with good health xxxxxx

Here’s our amazing CG
     photo 7125B195-C117-45FB-B007-917B59C6056A.jpg

Oh thank you FB, that’s from Melbourne, I’m certainly not 100k there! Just 74k..Thank you 5:2 xxx

Thank you for the pics as well FB

CG & GG you look bloody fabulous, awesome, wonderful and all the rest. Such inspirations too us all. I feel teary that you have achieved this and I know that I can as well!! As well as all of us 🙂 🙂

DOINIT- feel so touched by your lovely words. CG is just magic! she is my rock as is FB and my wonderful OH.
    Just never give up…. 5:2 works!.NO matter how much we lose or don’t lose the magic of this WOL and WOE works on the inside ,perhaps fist ,and then shows on the outside … does take its bloody time though to show…..Can be a bit of a bugger cos you want it now….. That’s being a women .
    YOU AND THE REST OF THE TEAM will accomplish this as well. Stick to the plan of 5:2 and it will happen for you like it did for us. Have told MUM about next year ….she is in, Your MUM will be well looked after while the team is doing our thing.HUGS…GO GAL

Wow you guys have been chatty! Love it. What an epic read. Gypsy, the Moon is waxing. But more importantly Mercury is in retrograde. It’s a funny month. I finally got new scales, and while they are in strong disagreeance the last set, I have been calm enough to watch the trend, which is downwards. 🙂 Phew.

No probs… Anything for this gang..
    Diip, you are definitely going to achieve what you want as you are well n truly following the program. Its not a far sighted thing anymore. Have faith in urself … Love FB

PS- LOTUS – Thank you for the positive words……XXXXX…..GO GAL

Ah, Moongirl, trust you to know the moon phases! I guess that could be why my waist line is up instead of down! and agree it’s a ‘funny month, most unsettling on the whole. Think I’ll wait for the waning phase to get serious about fasting again. I’ve been slipping lately.

Wow! FB, CG! looking great! Love the leather skirt, GG!and the boots. You look so stylish! and CG, for a tough old bird (who runs a farm and makes US toe the line)you have no business looking so soft and feminine! Very swish, girls, both of you. I’ll be keeping my winter gear for Sydney and now I’ll be thinking boots (instead of thongs!)

GG how fabulous you look in that sexy skirt and that smile could light up a whole room I reckon. And CG lovely to see another nice photo of you too lookin’ great at 74 kilos. Fantastic! Anyone thinking about attending our get-together next year will have to make sure their new wardrobes are in order!! We’ll all want to look stylish and as slim….as we possibly can. That should be enough encouragement for everyone for this week.
    FB glad you’re feeling a bit better & Fit when you wake up sure you will be too. sj xx

Oh thank you Gyps, all I see is pain on my face, but thanks to GG, she found a convenient pub for a sit… Etc etc etc 🙂 xxxxx

Thank you SJ,GYPS, My smile is even wider now …the dimlpes are really streched! CG is such an inspiration in the lose stakes …. you have to keep up with her!
    FB- So happy that the “BLUES” have become better…..HUGS
    FIT- sending cyber hugs of warmth and comfort. Up tomorrow is full of sunshine for you.xxxx
    MG- keep the downward trend going….. You are doin fine.
    GYPS – I’ll wear my thongs with you any time!
    ……GO GALxxx

Hi gang – thank you all for the kind words and wisdom as usual. I’m trying hard to get mad (at myself) instead of sad, so I’m giving myself the “Get down off the cross, we need the wood” talking to! Felt your hug, CG and loving your photo; you look terrific. GG, you’re certainly rocking that skirt, fabulous! Lotus, Gypsy, SJ, FB – so appreciate all your warmth and empathy coming through. I’m not quite ready to do the individual responses, but I’m really going to try hard today to get back on track before I do any more damage. Weighed in this morning and I’m 2kg up on last week 😳 ; so it’s time to get over myself and back on the horse. Let you know later how I got on xxx

Fit, 2k is normal in the zig zag, stay away from the scales till Friday… For your own sake. 🙂 hugs across the waters to you xxxx

Fit, please listen to CG. She is right “stay away from scales”
    If it makes you feel any better, whenever I am sick, even a headache, i tend to gain weight.
    I know that i was feeling the blues, so I am remaining away from scales. I am sure that I would have gained if I dared to step on that damn machine.
    Hugs to you, do not worry. This extra weight will go away in no time… FB

FIT- I am off to “AUSTRALIA’S BIGGEST MORNING TEA” tomorrow to raise funds for cancer…. I am certain with the wonderful baking that Country women are renowned for I will not be the weight I am today. I really don’t care! if I put back on what my B2B did for me this week, I’ll simply do it again. I would rather enjoying the delicious fare knowing my contribution is going to help others in more need than me losing kgs …More hugs on their way to you <3……GO GALxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 5,701 through 5,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.