Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,501 through 5,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Lifesum ????? CG you may be a sweet little old country gal but you have a cruel streak that is alive and well!!! 🙂
    Just been reading back, everyone has been so busy that I feel rather exhausted. Phew! Been a bit busy myself, lots of days out. Didn’t sleep more than a couple of hours at the end of Tuesday’s FD either so can empathise with those who posted about that. Ended up not doing a fast today but have been careful. Woke at 4a.m. stomach hurting with hunger, ate on the run yesterday and not very much so am counting on coming in well under TDEE to cover the past two days.

I’ve been skimming over the references to B2B and at the risk of sounding like Pauline Hanson, Please explain …. Lotus you sound as if you have a handle on this. Is it just breakfast to breakfast? Isn’t that what we do anyway?

CG not long to go now, you will be glad to get to the other side of all the pain and discomfort you have been putting up with Friend,

SJ way to go, terrific pics. You have lost what I hope to lose in about another 2 kilos.

BoyWonder has invited himself to dinner so I’d better go and put some on.
    Sleep well everyone. YYxx

SORRY RE- I forgot to mention… you blend all the ingredients together adding the fluid to reach the desired consistency…….GO GAL

You all are too cute lol! Children, Use a blender or jar mixer with a LID!! 😉 but of course you knew that didn’t ya? That said, I get juice splash too – when opening the tin, I try and open it in the sink…
    Pythons???? OMG!!! This city gal is running away screaming! Yikes.
    RE – you poor thing – dentist plus fasting – not good 🙁
    Gypsy – I think we decided same time next year, so in 2016, but yes, warmer weather / clime to show off our noo bodies 🙂

Hi YY! I meant to distribute the 500 cals in three meals rather than two, so it feels like a “normal day”. The regular fasting, which is actually best for insulin etc control, is keeping at least six hour gaps between meals, with the first meal delayed to at least 12-16 hours fast. So. If you had dinner at 7 pm the day before, then break your fast at 12 pm, and next meal at 6 pm.
    In my case, I had a light breakfast, scrambled egg white, spinach, mushrooms at 10 am, then carrot salad at 1 pm and now dinner ( mung bean salad) at 7 pm. Plan to do something similar tomorrow – let’s see how it pans out!

Sorry! my post ( the one before the last) was tongue-in-cheek. No disrespect meant to any of you lovelies 🙂

Im here Gypsy

saw your pic, loved it, though not a fan of crab, prefer lobster will tell you one dsy about knocking myself out on rocks hunting lobsters in the North Sea.

But practicing my hula hooping – will report soon, though at the moment it seems suitable only for the ‘fifty shades of grey’ masochist types who like pain but dont fancy the sex much. Aching today, not from the exercise – discovered my pain threshold is 5 minutes – how do we have babies? – its from the bruises!

Suejen, you look fantastic 🙂 All the best to everyone fasting today., I will weigh in tomorrow and post my results. CG, I hope your migraines go away soon, I’ve been tired all week and I have a bit of a headache 🙁 I have been struggling since around 4 pm. I’m planning to stay strong but if I need an extra egg, I’ll have it! I have just downed a bottle of soda water 🙂 lol. All the best, see you all tomorrow xx

Hmmm Milena – interesting thoughts on hula hooping… I think I will it miss though 😉
    Taco – all the best for tomorrow’s weigh-in. Will also help to measure your waist or use old jeans as a comparator. Our losses do not on scales or even tape measure sometimes, but it’s all happening inside 🙂

Thanks CG 🙂 I have not owned a pair of jeans or pants for years 🙁 but I do have a jacket that my arms did not fit into when I started 5:2. The jacket was/is a cheap one that used to be big on me, I don’t know why I kept it, considering I had given up hope and given away what I felt were beautiful, good quality classic items…anyway, I can now squeeze my arms into it 🙂 – I needed something warm to compliment my dress and for some reason I tried it on – not a pretty sight! Lol, but a good sign! My arms fit into the sleeves :)Also, my ribs aren’t as sore, my underwire is no longer cutting into me , so I must be smaller. But you are right, I will measure myself tomorrow evening and post my measurements.

Thanks Lotus , I’ll keep my fingers crossed, 🙂 I’ll report on my jacket too.

I may have missed an answer to Yum. B2B means back to back fasts.

CG do you get cluster headaches? Me too, i had to bring a lot of soluble aspirin with me to the U.S as they don’t have it here.They have aspirin but I want something that works fast! And I have needed it!

Hula hoops! I could do it as a kid but can’t seem to remember how any more!

Fasting today, son is on his own!

Hello everyone,

I weighed in this morning with a 300 gms loss. That’s 1.6kgs so far in three weeks.

On page 23 of their book – the fast diet – Mimi Spencer details her weight loss. She is 5’7″ and started at 60 kg and got to 54kg.
    Well I am 5′ and today I am 60.9 kgs, so that’s weigh over! My goal is 55 kgs and then I will re-evaluate. Watch this space.

Have a beautiful day everyone. Raining here in Sydney and apart from being dark, its a great day to be indoors, just, well, being.

Love
    RE x

Morning team, yes Upt, I been getting them for years, fortunately migrane tablets are wonderful these days although only 4 in a packet which I need a script for, but it’s just a matter of keeping up with them Mine can come out of the blue, no trigger, I can get one every day or every second day for around 10 days then nothing for 6 months! Buggars of things and debilitating.
    Not long out of bed so havent weighed as yet, just on my first coffee. Good luck team with your weigh in or fast if you are fasting. Don’t forget scales are only numbers, sure we like to see them drop but you know you are doing the right thing, feeling happier and healthier and we are not racing the clock, time is on ourside, at least you know with 5:2 once it is gone, it is gone for good 🙂 …Happy Day to you all xxxxxx

Good on you RE, keep up the great work xxxx

Well done, RE.
    CG, I know the ones you mean, I have brought several packs of those with me too for when the aspirin doesn’t hold it off. I have them from anywhere from a few days up to almost 3 weeks. Starts every single morning around 4a.m. Then, like you, nothing for months. I hate them because I know it is never going to be just one headache but as you say, drugs are better these days.

Just about to finish off a fast day here with dinner. I have been hungry today. It is strange how that happens. usually fine but sometimes we struggle. I’ll get through now that I have made it this far. About to serve!

Upt, my Dad used to maintain it could be something out in my neck, my chiropractor has manipulated it, sometimes they go, other times they start? Just part of my makeup I guess, we all have something to contend with don’t we 🙂 , enjoy your dinner, not long to hang on now for you YOU CAN DO IT 🙂 xxxxx

Good Morning Gang

Congrats RE on the loss. Keep up the good work.

For Friday fun, I want to start with this:-

” “I got my first real six-string
    Bought it at the five-and-dime
    Played it ’til my fingers bled
    It was the summer of ’69
    Oh, yeah.
    Back in the summer of ’69, oh.””

Happy Bunny

I am a Happy Bunny today. My song at the start says it all. After a looooong time, I have hit 6’s on the scale again. Yes yes yes!!! Feel so accomplished.
    My weigh in this morning was 69.8 kgs. Although its only 200 grams into 6’s, I am still happy as I have been stuck between 70.5 and 71 kilos for 5 to 6 weeks now. So, this came as a Yessss Moment.
    So, I have lost a total of 1.2 kilos in this week. After a looong time. Also, I have lost considerable inches from my waist and hips.

What really helped to move this plateau is:-
    – No alcohol
    – Calorie counting on Non Fast Days to remain under TDEE
    – Controlled or less carbs on Non Fast Days.
    – More walking n moving around

I refer to what has helped me this week, as I know that all of us get this once in a while, its a part of journey. So, just sayin that it is possible and it finally moves.

Now, something to watch out:- that this weight should continue to move, even couple of 100 grams per week is a good moment.

CG, Upt, I can not even imagine how painful these headaches can be. I get headaches before my periods (part of PMS) and hate ’em… Hope these nasty headaches remain away from you….

Gypsy…pythons…..my jaw just dropped. How brave are you!!!! I am scared sitting here. take care matey!!!

Hanging around for weigh in news from others, good wishes gang:-
    FB

Oh wow FB!! Truly Fat Busted this week 🙂 I am going to try and implement your tips, so thanks for that. fingers crossed I get to 72 something this week….
    xx
    RE – congrats on the loss! Well done 🙂
    Taco – hope your weigh in is good…

Thinking of you CG, hope you feel better soon 🙁

Good morning team

Weigh in this morning and I am hapy to say that I am still 500grams down but not yet under 78kgs, I am sure I will be by next week.

Thanks CG, will buy some Jarrah in my shopping tomorrow and I hope your headaches go away.

Gypsy, sounds like a great idea that we all meet up in Paradise, weather warmer and we can hit the beach in our new bodies!

RE – great weight loss so far

FB – I wore a tshirt to bed last night with those words on it – Summer of 69 – SNAP! Fantastic news on your weigh in, OMG 6’s I have not seen them in a long time. But I CAN DO IT!! Obviously I need to give up the wine for a solid week – we will see… LOL
    Have a great day all

Fantastic FB! Yep, upping the ante helps get you over the line.

Good morning 🙂 I hope you get well soon CG. Congratulations FB , the 60s are amazing. RE nice loss 🙂 Lotus, I’m going to measure myself when I get home or tomorrow morning , I have not had a loss this week 🙁 I’m exactly the same as last week, 86.8. I’m glad that I have not put any weight on but CG and Lotus, you are right about the clothes, I have also noticed that some of my heels are slipping off as I walk …strange? But my tummy and double chin are smaller. So eventhough I wanted a loss , I’m still happy- I’m feeling smaller/ lighter. I wAs embarrassed at how big my tummy was , I had now way of hiding it and now, it’s still there but not as huge :)so. Ha e a lovely day every one, I look forward to hearing all about everyone’s weigh in xx

Good on you FB, you work so hard, oh Lotus they come and go then gone for months, I just get on with things, as soon as my vision blurs then blinds me, I take a tab and lay down to let it pass, just a fact of life with me.
    Weight no different from last week and tape measure having a hissy fit…how can it be up on numbers when my weight is down from when I last measured? Oh these bloody numbers! On the positive, not sweating the small stuff, I feel good, past confidence is back, I’m happy with the way I look, and if I stabilise at a size 14 after being 18-20 then I’m over the moon 🙂 I do always look forward rather than back but for a kick in the bum I look at an old picture of how I was prior to 5:2 and remember how far I have come….with pride 🙂
    Have a great day team, remember often tomorrows scales give a better result if you feel a tad disappointed today. Life is for living so get out amongst it xxxxxxxx

CG – I have only measured myself twice as my numbers were up regardless off weight loss … I think that if you hold the tape measure too tight , too loose or not in exactly the same spot, it doesn’t work. But as you said, ‘don’t sweat the small stuff’ . I’ve seen your photo and I think you look amazing. Got to go and do some work now. Lol. Catch up with you all later 🙂

Hello,

In between clients and thought I would check in. It is the start of another day for you all. I do like to read all your posts, even though quite often we are at very different times of the day or different days altogether. It is early evenign here. I wish you all great FD’s.

So sorry to hear about the migraines. They are awful, and glad to hear you have medication that can help.

FB good to hear about the shift. Congratulations and good for you in staying with it. I am experiencing a plateau, and so will try some of your suggestions. I am wondering though if I am eating too little on NonFD’s. I was reading some of Dr. Fungs work, (Thank you to whoever has posted his work in Canada) and it got me thinking that I may be trying too hard and my body is resisting. So, I am including more good fats into my diet and keeping it reasonable but the calories higher than my 1000 on NonFD’s. Trying to anyway. Don’t find that I can eat much at a time. I also had a hard week this week with the FD’s. I was able to do them, but I was hungry and out of sorts. (Another indication that my body was perhaps too stressed?) Was really looking forward to my bacon and eggs, but could only finish half of it.
    Gypsy – enjoyed the crab photo. Appreciate all that everyone has to say. It helps me to be able to check in and remember what I am doing this for. Be Well, R

Hi Raven I often wonder the same thing. I never eat up to my TDEE as I’m never really hungry these days. Of course I get days when the worms bite and nothing is off limits but nothing satisfies either, fortunately it doesn’t happen too often but it happens. I think plateaus are a scientific mystery, the body knows what it wants and what it can do without. Sure, eating the right foods and portion control helps but our systems are more in charge than our wants! Still, we soldier on and have all found wonderful results, this IS a way of life as well as a different pattern of eating which we can all handle quite easily. Fast days can be a bit of a struggle, but there is always tomorrow, as with other diets, there is NO tomorrow… 🙂 xxxxx

Hi team. I was reading all theists happily until I came across Gypsy and her 24 foot PYTHONS in the ceiling!!! Now I can cope with most things but snakes, no way. I am terrified of them. I was born in South Africa and had encounters with snakes as a child. Many of the snakes there are aggressive. Maybe that’s why.
    CG interesting about nicotine not being poisonous. I will definitely look out for the article today. I’m glad the ecigs are working for you. I’ve not had cluster headaches but the occasional migraine. Not nice.
    My weigh day was a tad disappointing but not unexpected. I’m still 67.5 Ks. I’m planning a relaxed weekend food wise and will get back into being more disciplined with the 5:2 next week.
    From posts I’ve read in the past, there are others of you who find the 5:2 diet to be constipating. Well I had Miso soup for dinner last night and it certainly got things moving. I’m sure you need no further explanation.
    Well my kitchen looks like a bomb site. I’ve been baking and cooking up a storm. I’ve just sat down for a cuppa and a read. Off to clear away the damage.
    I’ve downloaded the app CG but not checked it out yet. I deleted MFP Some time ago as it gave me the irrits.
    XX Doggy. – Gypsy if I have Python nightmares tonight I’m going to zoom up to you on my witches broom and put a spell on you. – only kidding.

Morning team feeling quite upbeat this morning over 2 things. Weigh-in this morning and I have lost another .600gr and I AM in the 71’s at 71.6kg. Yahoo!! Ooh FB I can just see those 60’s around the corner…well like you it will most likely be 69. something. Who cares?! Haven’t seen sixes for years. Also 2cm off my waist.
    Second reason was that I had a really good counselling session yesterday with reassurance that we have done everything possible to re-build a strong relationship with daughter & family, & that we should just hold our ground & ignore her letter. OH & I were so relieved that despite it being a FD we downed a bottle of red (it was OH tempted me I SWEAR!), and enjoyed crackers/cheese/sausage aaand…then had the dinner left over from last FD. But I still lost yeah!! I had fasted for brekky & lunch so maybe the cals weren’t too bad after all – but certainly not a FD.
    So FB congratulations on busting that plateau to bits and for the tips on how you did it. We will all surely need them at some stage.
    CG do hope your migraine has eased somewhat & that you’re taking care of little old self for once.
    Raven I would agree with your thoughts that you’re stressing the bod too much. Get some of those good fats in, they help to fill you up and to keep the body satisfied that it’s had enough food. Also 1000 cals seems quite low to me, is this your TDEE or lower? I don’t think your body’s getting enough of a break between FD’s and NFD’s. So you’re possibly making FD’s much harder than they need to be. Remember 5:2 is not a diet so it’s not meant to be deprivation all the time. that’s its beauty.
    Taco heels slipping off, clothes looser, tummy down a bit….all great signs that YES something is happening with 5:2. Hang in there till the scales catch up with you!
    DiiP congrats on your 500g loss. Add it to all the rest & your 77 will come.

And yes remember our fearless leader CG ….the scales are only numbers, they’re only a gadget – they don’t know how hard we’ve worked, how determined we’ve been, how persistent we were when our favourite food was calling, how much planning and preparation we put into the week. The stupid scales know none of that….soo….be your OWN rewarder (because YOU know) and pat yourself on the back and say Job well done/Way better that I would have done before 5:2/Good food choices/Nothing today but I’m still X kilos down than when I started. Whatever it is that rocks your boat, just do it or say it and then….onto another day! suejen XXX
    Have a great day all. OH and I are going to go for a walk on this sunny day (19c and sunny) & take a baguette & some ham & cheese or similar & enjoy a lunch out bush. I find walking much easier these days & I think my knees are saying thank you.

Taco, Doggy and CG, as I mentioned before, there are weeks where we don’t lose anything, however good news is that there is no gain and trend is always downwards 😉
    Diip, SJ congratulation on loss

Lotus, you are a champ. You will see it soon.

Raven and Lotus, this is the reason that I pointed out those tips. I know it is very frustrating to see those numbers stuck. We know scales are not a true reflection of our losses, but we gotta see them move at some stage. I really hope that these tips can help to move the weight (downwards of course 😉 )

Diip, I just love that song, its one of my old time favorites. Having a T shirt with that verse will be so much cool….

However I don’t want to be stuck at 69′ anymore..LOL

As I said earlier, I am not in a hurry, however hoping for a 2 kg loss in a month (with 5:2) is a decent expectation. (that is only half a kilo per week)

I think the other reason for my plateau is that I have eased into the diet now. I don’t want to sound negative, but my issue is the mindset; that I have lost 15 kilos already, so I don’t have to be strict on non fast days. However, the truth is that I may have lost 15 kilos, I still have heaps to shed.
    I noticed with myself, if I am not strict, I only maintain my weight with 5:2 and don’t loose any further. Being strict on Non fast days actually helped me. But, maybe its just me. As I said, please don’t take this as a negative feedback.

You are right Raven, I made sure to eat at least 1200 cals on Non fast days and most of the calories were from protein and less from carbs. I also omitted carbs from dinner time on Non fast days.

Gang, I read somewhere “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines”
    This is so true.. Happy Friday again
    FB

SJ, very happy to hear that you and OH are relieved. The main thing is peace of mind and heart. God is with you and is always going to be with good people. I believe in prayers and they do get listened somewhere sometime. have faith in good and move on. Really hope that things sort out among your family very soon.
    Love n hugs

Hear hear FB, so pleased for you suejen and what a great post, you are really sounding better in yourself. Your 5:2 is working so well you clever girl, and your life is going in the right direction….worry free 🙂 enjoy your day
    Keep forgetting to mention Gypsies snakes, yuck….don’t know what I’m more frightened of, snakes or spiders, bit of a wimpy countrygal! 🙁 ….I’m afraid it’s “feet do thy duty” 🙂 xxxxx

FB, SJ : Just dropped in to say both of posts were amazingly wonderful and helpful. Thank you so much!
    CG: Did you see that last week it was raining spiders in Albury? Just saying 🙂 ha ha

No, I didn’t? Why spiders? Xx

Mmmm, just checked it out Lotus on the web, we get that here, it’s very pretty when it happens, haven’t seen it to that extent though. I was telling my daughter about it on the weekend, it’s as if all mother spiders give birth at the exact same time and the breeze just carries them. Mind you it’s awful when you walk through it or go through it when your mowing! Xxxxx It happens in the cities too but because they are built up it’s not noticed. 🙁 xx

Lotus, CG and Gypsy, with all these spider and snake talk, I am feeling something crawling on my legs…. I am scared now…. I think I have an official phobia of spiders (arachnophobia – says google)

Ha Ha FB…. that’s all the fat and extra calories crawling out LOL
    That said, it looks pretty on pictures, but I would be fully creeped out if baby spideys started zooming in my direction. yucky

Lotus, I am glad you showed me a positive way of handling my phobia or rather arachnophobia .. LOL

That sounds very promising Lotus 😉 😉 😉

Mmmmm, think I could be persuaded too if whiskey is involved….and I can watch you lot do the yoga, is that okay? 🙂 xx

Yumyum, have you tried the new app yet? 🙂 xxx

Still haven’t gotten around to buying new scales so I’m weighing in vicariously 🙂 well done everyone. Thanks Up and Lotus for B2B explanation – not planning on doing one any time soon. Although if push came to shove, I’d rather do B2B than visit Gypsy and her Pythons any time soon. Spiders I can handle but sssssssssssssnakes UGH. I wouldn’t be lying in bed listening to the slither but out in the backyard (with my luck, probably with the crocodiles) having a fit of the screaming ab dabs!!!

RE I am also 5′ and aiming at 55 kilos. Currently stalled at 57.5. Race you to the bottom!

Hoping you have a headache free weekend CG. YYxx

Hmmmm your headache hasn’t slowed your mean streak down CG 🙂

And no, I haven’t – forgot about it but will have a go.

Yumyum, ya know I luv ya xxxx

Ok, been there, done that. What came up on my computer was just MFP on steroids. What is the difference?

Luv ya back CG. xx

Yumyum, it recognises 5:2, it is similar to use, you will have no problems and it doesn’t hassle you about under eating, give it a go and see what you think, you can go into “my things” to add your own recipes or foods which are not on there data xx

It keeps you in check on fast days at 500 cals too

MFP on steroids?!! Too good YY , you are cracking me up here 🙂
    I just HAVE to check this, esp if it keeps in line on FDs…
    Sold!

If you want funny ( but weird) photos and one liners, check this site out – http://www.signspotting.com

Viewing 50 posts - 5,501 through 5,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.