Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 14,786 total)

• Gogal, it will be interesting to see if your loss is better with back to back instead of split fasts. So looking forward to your Friday weigh in. Congrats on pulling it off….CG

Hey All, sorry I have been a little quiet the past couple of days. I have been here, lurking and catching up with past posts. I have been trying to pick up as many tips and recipes as possible. Coming up for my second FD tomorrow. I have been calorie counting the past two days and doing some Jillian Michael workouts. I do have one question tho’ is it normal to experience a big loss after your first fast day? I dropped 700grams !!! :O

Wow go gal….back to back fast days!!! I am in awe!!! Well done you!!! I don’t think I could ever do that. That is true AUSSIE DETERMINATION. I do like the sound of fasting Mon-Wed-Fri … maybe a little further down the track once I get used to doing Mon and Thur.

Back to lurking and reading …. Love this thread!!! You guys are inspirational!!

Hi Kimibee and a big AUSSIE DETERMINATION welcome.. Yes it is normal to lose some grams or even a kilo on your 1st fast. It is mainly a water loss and fluid shifts occurring in the body. You will notice more of a loss after your 1st week of 5:2.
    Reading “THE BOOK” as we loving call it. Explains how the diet works and the principals involved.There are also links at the top of the page with advise for newbies on just about every thing you want to know about this new way of better health and eating
    Most of the team have been doing FD for 6wks and longer. So we can play with it. Like my experiment with a back to back fast over the last 2 days. Planning, preparation,persistence and patience are the best ways to enjoy this life style. It is easy and very doable.
    You will find a wealth of good knowledge support and encouragement from all the team.You are not alone in this journey , one of us will always be there as your buddy. Hope you are enjoying the previous posts Their pretty awesome All the best for your Fast tomorrow …….GO GAL

Hi everyone, I am coming out from the shadows too…… I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, what a wonderful group of people you all are!
    I have been following a strict way of eating for about 6 weeks with some fantastic results but I can see that it is not sustainable hence me wanting to give the 5:2 (or even 4:3) a go. The trouble is that the from the time I stopped my other way of eating to deciding to try fasting I have fallen off the wagon completely and feel like I am eating everything in sight!
    I hope I can get the motivation I need to get back on track, you are all very inspirational!

Hi Deaj the biggest thing is mind set, you really have to think mentally of the benefits of 5:2 and how really easy it is. When you look in the mirror you know you need to do something. The 5:2 is so very doable. It only controls 2 days each week of your life. You will find after a few weeks you become really aware of what you eat on the normal days. Sure you can eat normally but you think twice about “greed” you have your treats but not in abundance, you don’t need them. That is mind set, same with fast days, you begin to look forward to them, you learn to plan, and you feel so much pride when you get into bed on a fast day knowing you did it and surprised how easy it is. Take our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread to the letter, it really works, Deaj YOU CAN DO IT, most of us are fasting tomorrow ( Mon and Thurs) and we weigh in Friday. Stick with it, good luck….CG

Good morning team Happy fasting day to those of you who are doing it today. Have you noticed it gets easier every time. Keep up with your fluids YOU CAN DO IT and good luck to you all for our Friday weigh in it’s AUSSIE DETERMINATION……..CG

Whoa Country Gal, I am ecstatic. I love the confidence that you have in me without even knowing much about each other. Go Gal and you make me realize how considerate and kind people can be. If I say thank you to both of you that will be tooooo less. So a BIIIIIIIIG THANKS.
    I have been a victim of shattered confidence all through my life due to being “fatter” than my sis.
    I think people in this world need to realize that perfect bod is not what you see but it is what you feel. I really hope that I can carry that confidence once I meet up with family. THANKS AGAIN for your super kind and energy imparting words πŸ™‚

Hats off to you GO GAL for two days back to back fasting. I don’t think that I can do it at all. You really are very strong. Looking forward to weigh in day now.

Kimibee and DeaJ, welcome and ask for as much support as you need as this really is a very supporting pack of AUSSIES.

Well done Go Gal for your workout yesterday. After reading your post about treadmill yesterday, I decided to hit the gym after work as well. I cant run/jog for longer now due to my heart condition, however I still managed 10 mins of jog out of 25 mins on Treadmill, followed by 12 mins of HIIT on cross trainer. Burned a total of 330 cals during half an hour work out. I am happy as I managed this on Fast Day.

Fast Day yesterday, I managed to finish at 482 cals, so I am happy with that. Another Fast Day tomorrow …. looking forward to it.

Its funny, how everyone here was discussing about tape measure not changing. I measured myself last night and doesn’t look like that I have lost any cms, however I am able to fit very comfortably into my jeans, which I was unable to zip until last month. So clearly, I am not measuring myself correctly. i think I will rely on scales and how my clothes fit.
    I know its a long post, but I just wanted to share all this with beautiful people here. Enjoy the rest of your day…Love Fatbuster

Thanks for the welcome! I was undecided whether to do a fast today or not, I thought ‘I’ll just jump on the forum and see what’s been posted…’ Motivation now in place – thank you!!! I’ve got a plan in place for the day so let’s see how it goes! It’s nice to know there are others out there that I am sharing this fast day with – hope you all have a great day……

Deaj that is the main thing you will learn with AUSSIE DETERMINATION is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE, we are all here for you. Have a great day, it’s not as hard as you think…….CG

Good morning everyone and have a great fast all that are fasting today….including me. Countrygal….you said it so well….that sense of satisfaction when you get into bed after a fast day is really great…..I DO feel very proud of myself!

Gogal….well done on your back to back fast….it will be interesting to see if you got good/better results…..just knowing that you can do it is such a good motivator, not only for yourself, but for all of us!

Welcome Deaj….good luck with your first fast, YOU CAN DO IT….and the best thing is we will be doing it with you….I’ll be thinking of you today πŸ™‚

After a morning of water and green tea I’ve planned a rather decadent lunch of 50g smoked salmon, 40g light cream cheese on 3 corn thins with a light salad…dinner will be home made spinach quiche (leftovers) which I calculated whole recipe and divided into serves and a small serve with salad will keep me under cals…..all up about 460….which gives me scope for a small fruit if I need it.

FB….I hope that you can repair your shattered feelings and develop a better relationship with your sister. I know a little of what you feel….I felt I have lived in my sisters shadow all my life…..she is such a generous, amazingly talented and intelligent person…..I once told her that she was an oil painting and I was a watercolour….I’ve come to realise that we are both unique people in our own way and are valuable and complement each other. I hope that your sister sees the truly beautiful person that you are, and stops basing her feelings and self worth on being slimmer than you, because really she is the one with the problem, not you….you are accepting and caring.

Hey everyone!
    I’m a newbie to this so I thought I would pop in and say hi!!
    I’m only 19 and lost 10kg prior to starting the 5:2 diet but I’m now down 2kg!!
    I’ve so far done 3 fast days and have surprised myself a lot with how they have gone! I am doing my fast days on Sundays and Wednesdays but am weighing in on Fridays!!!
    Love all of the support everyone on here gives!!!

Welcome Fightingfitt2014, wow, you are already on roll. Well Done!!! Also, a great effort at such a young age. Good that you are trying to be in control now. Really appreciative. Just make sure that you get enough nutrition on non fast days as I guess its really important at this age. Hope I am not sounding like a grandma…LOL Welcome again!!!

Hello to all…Will be starting my 2nd FD tomorrow since starting back on the 5-2. I plan on starting the day out with a seasoned 3 egg omelette and a piece of sliced ham around 8 am and finishing the day with my second meal probably a can of green beans cooked with a couple pieces of sliced ham seasoned to taste and half a cup of grape fruit at around 11pm. That gives me about 15 hrs between meals and finishing the day under 600 cal.
    Wishing all the Best
    Good Day…..

Golly Simple man, you do it hard, would you be better to have your evening meal at 5.00 or 6.00 and sleep through the fasting hours until your next latish meal. Just a suggestion!….CG

Lol Country Gal. I work third shift so I’m up all night. I do sleep during my fasting hrs. I guess I should have made that clear. Thanks for the suggestion though : )

Ok, News, GO GAL, Country GAL & Foxy and all others.
    This is BIG..hahaha hahaha.
    After the inspiration from all of you, I have been able to pull through another fast today. Yes, back to back!!!
    I am still left with 150 cals for dinner which will be soup and konjac noodles.
    I never thought that I will be able to do this, but managed with all the inspiration here. Will be interesting to see what scales have to say on Saturday πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, I started 5:2 on Monday but unlike most I actually done semi fasting (500 calories) from Sunday 10pm until Wednesday 10am. I have noticed a significant improvement in how I deal with hunger it’s great its not a big deal anymore. I may try do non-consecutive days next week to see how I feel but honestly your hungry doesn’t get worse on the 2nd day it really surprised me. Good Luck to all!

Prestonam, welcome, it will be interesting to see how you go

Simpleman, that explains a lot

Fb Well done see YOU CAN DO IT!

Hope everyone else is managing well today, weigh in tomorrow, not long now, keep that AUSSIE DETERMINATION going, I know some of you find it hard this time of day
    so have a drink of something or a piece of fruit, carrot, or celery, the day will be over before you know it and think how proud of yourself you will be.
    Take care….CG

Evening all!!! I AM SO EXCITED and I cannot wait until tomorrow”s weigh in to shout it to you……….!!!!!
    I AM NOW 77.5kgs WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
    The back to back fast has worked it’s magic!!!!! YES YES YES.

FB (BABA) well done to !!!!!! that is really BIG NEWS;WOW WOW WOW hugs &xxxxx
    Hope you all have incredibly great news tomorrow.
    THIS IS AUSSIE DETERMINATION in all its GLORY YES !!!!!!!!!!……GO GAL

Am literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD! You go girl, you go gal you! Well done! That 75 kgs will be here before you know it! I’m keen to see how my 4:3 went this week too….bit early to skite yet, but I think (hope) I’ll be under 78 kg!

FB….way to go….these challenges can only make us stronger! And help us deal with hunger at other times. Hubby and I are off next weekend for our anniversary weekend, and I’m thinking that the week after I’ll go for a back to back myself….will get myself psyched up now!

Such wonderful motivation on here! KEEP GOING everyone…..only 3:40pm over here in the west, so have a way to go yet before my dinner….but I just shoveled mulch for an entire hour and a half….and am still feeling great!

BTW everyone…..check out the thread with the 5 common fasting mistakes….it has a link to an article that is very interesting and other links to a 5:2 fasting site with recipes .

Whoops. I went 100cal over today on my FD, but not beating myself up about it as I know it could have been worse. They were giving out free fruit at work, and I took a large orange. When I added it to the diary app I realised I no longer had room for the second egg in tonight’s omlettes. I figured I’d forgo the egg, but there was too much vegetable for one lonely egg to glue together, so in went the second! There may have also been a couple of thin slices of salami in there whilst making the kids pizzas….

I figure its still a lot less than a normal day of eating, I only had about 800cal on my standard day yesterday, and everything I ate today was healthy. I’d much rather go over with an orange that chocolate!

I hope everyone else’s FD went well!

Thanks so much Fox… Pleased that I made you LOL . The back to back was just so doable… I really did plan & was totally focused over the 46 hrs & sleeping in between ,though I felt a bit heady doing my walk the past 2 days ,it was so hot on my part of the mid north coast… thank the stars pilates was lying down on my reformer.
    I wish you all the best and hugs for your anniversary next week.
    THANKS FOR THE TIPS ON THE LINK will follow them up.
    YOU CAN DO THIS as well because YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION IS strong … as it is with all the team. xxxx GO GAL

Thanks Foxy very informative read, I hope everyone reads it, removes some doubts and myths too….CG

Hi All Aussie Determinations and newbies. Love reading about what you all have been up to over the last few days. The love and support is great.

Survived another FD day and will see what the results are tomorrow. Slow and surely I will get there. I will see how I go on the 2 days FD, before doing 3 FD’s. Can I ask if we have to be careful not to put our system into starve mode. I just want to be careful not to do that, as the weight will go back on quickly. Just need some clarification on that. I know with the shake diets, that is what happens.

Thank you all,
    YD

Hi YD

Check out the myth on starvation mode in Science of Intermittent Fasting…..you can also find it in Active Topics….sorry don’t know how to post links

Well done on surviving another fast day, as have I….hope the scales are good to us tomorrow πŸ™‚

Good morning team, well, how did you go? Last week my weigh in was 88.5 today, drum roll…..,.86.3 yahooooo, and it was so so easy. If your scales don’t give you the desired result this morning, please don’t give up, it will happen, it’s a slow process, just the way you put the weight on, but it does seem to go a lot faster. Let me know the news, have a great day team, YOU CAN DO IT, it’s my AUSSIE DETERMINATION that is letting me stick to this way of life………CG

Hi all

Went way over on fast day yesterday 750 felt light headed in blame p week makes me feel. Bit yuk

Weigh in down 600 grms this week. Happy with that.

So 8.6kg end of week 7.

Now heading for the big 10kg.

Feel confident love that I have Fun day out for Melbourne cup at a local hotel with a group of friends next Tuesday I won’t stress about food or drink will fix with the fast days Monday and Thursday. How great is that. Love this way of life.

Still have. Long way to go

Happy weigh in day everyone.

You Go GO GAL…. wooooo hoooooooo….. well done, that 75kgs target is only 2.5kgs away now. I am sure that you will reach there by Nov end. Love your hugs and more hugs coming your way too. πŸ™‚ Very proud of you Mum πŸ™‚
    CountryGal, my jaw just dropped, 2.2 kgs loss in a week, whoa…… Well done!!!! Happy Dance for you. Please give some tips if you did something different.

Bali2015 amazing 0.6 kgs loss and on way to hit that big 10 kg mark already…. I am sure people are already noticing the positive change in you.

Looking forward to more success stories through out the day. Very motivating, Well done all!!!

I decided to weigh in today as well, and guess what???? I have not lost even 100 grams. Exactly same weight as last Saturday. However, the good thing is that there was no gain due to my over indulgence last weekend. I was secretly hoping for at least 0.5 kg loss as I have done 3 fasts already this week, but may be No……

I was a little sad, but after reading these success stories here, I am cheerful again and will continue to hope success for next week. I want to meet my big target to get to 75 Kgs by 15 Dec and I WILL!!!!

GOOOOOOOOO AUSIEEEEEEE!!!!

Morning every one – summers arrived in Nth Qld – very humid today – all air cons on. Gained 100g this week but after a loss of 1.8Kg last week – thats OK.

I had a sad thought for 10 nano seconds then thought about the positive vibe we have in this group – an instantly got over it.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Have great day everyone.

FB I had a week with no loss but keep going, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will see you through. My loss now is 7.7k’s in 5.5 week as I started on the Thursday so not quite the 6 weeks. It will happen I promise you, mind set and planning are the key. I don’t exercise because of my back but somehow don’t sit still either, house work pottering in the garden or my green house full of orchids, but it still all boils down to what you eat. Being in the country makes junk food a near impossibility as it’s too far to go, I cook all…a.la.natural…tonight is a fresh piece of Flake (fish for you non Vic’s) and home made chips but no where near as much as I used to eat, so same meal, smaller size! YOU CAN DO IT it’s not a secret, use a smaller dinner plate, eat the same foods and enjoy……take care….CG

Well I did my first ‘official’ fast yesterday and it didn’t quite go according to plan (pmt playing havoc with my cravings) but I still went fairly well, because I knew I was probably a bit over my cals by 4pm I didn’t have anything to eat for the rest of the day. I think that eating late can be a trap for some people, I know it affects my weight gain/loss……
    So great reading all of your posts and tips, well done everyone! Have a great day.

Hi all, I thought I’d stop by here (thanks, CG) to check out this lively thread. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. You all seem like an upbeat bunch though, so that’s good πŸ™‚

I’m on my second (and last) FD this week. I felt much hungrier than usual, although still much less hungry than when I just started. After I ate I still felt empty πŸ™ I’m not used to that anymore, I usually have a few very full hours after my dinner. But it’s okay, I haven’t caved so that’s always a victory. Anyway, after this hungerpang-filled night, I just want to say how much I admire all the newbies for doing it. Sometimes I do forget how hard it was in the beginning (it gets so much better). So keep up the good fight!

Good morning all. Got through my second fast day yesterday. It was a little hard, but I made it through with just 20calories to spare!!! I really am hoping this gets much easier as I did find yesterday more difficult than Monday. Jumped on the scales this morning to see I had dropped another 700grams so that was very inspiring and made it alll worth it. I can’t wait till this gets much better or easier to do. I am so feeling @flemishcurves hungerpang-filled night. Hope you all have a fab weekend. I have a busy one so will catch you all on Monday!! Thanks to you all for the great encouragement and the warm welcome!!

Hi all. Cant stay long. About to head off to Vic. Good loses out there! .3 for me. last week was stay the same , so happy it’s still going down . “see” you in a COUPLE OF WEEKS. eAST gIPSLAND IS calling! (oops) lol !

Enjoy Lindanaf, welcome to Gods own country I’m a South Gippslander……CG

Happy Friday everyone πŸ™‚ Countrygirl…..2.2kgs….that is soooo goood. I am impressed. Well done.

FB…..you will probably lose more next week, that happened to me too, after an overindulgence. And Yorky….what a great attitude…..that’s the good thing about this WOL….you know that overall it’s doing us good and we will get there..

Kimibee & FC, well done on your losses so far, that is awesome…..it DOES get better. As I’ve said before I am usually a very hungry person and used to be a bit snacker after dinner….but those habits have gone now, hopefully for good! …..hang in there, you will work out what is best for you…..experiment a bit with going longer without food….I don’t eat until 12 noon usually, then nothing again until 6:30….

Deaj….well done on your first fast…..YOU CAN DO IT…

Now drum roll…..my results from my 4:3 this week…..last Friday 78.3….today….77.1 ! I’m forgetting that 100 grams and counting that as having achieved my October goal of losing 3 kg and being 77 kg! Also lost 5cm from bust, waist and hips woo hoo!

October: SW 80.1 GW 77.0 CW 77.1 Lost 3.0/3.1 (100%) 31/10/14

Going to go for another 3 kg in November.

Isn’t AUSSIE DETERMINATION great πŸ™‚

Foxy, amazing…. only 2 kilos to get to your target of 75 kgs as per the challenge. i have no doubt that you and GG will meet the target by Nov end. this is amazing.

CG I am not in doubt anymore, as I said, i am celebrating the losses mentioned here. My plateau was kinda expected due to indulgent weekend, so no complaints at all. And you are so true about eating all natural. I wish i could do it. Certainly, can try πŸ™‚

I am just focused at my challenge to get to 75 kgs by mid December, so that i can go to those work Christmas parties with confidence.

Enjoy Lindanaf, you have done well and deserve a good time. Kimibee and Flemish curves, it does get better with every fast. So, definitely hang in there.

Hi All,
    Scales say pretty much the same for me this week, but that’s ok as it’s early days for me and I’m still learning every day. I am currently 74kg and aiming for any weight loss to start! In my ultimate world circa 55kg is where I feel good, but we’ll see!

I had a few words going round in my head yesterday, so I wrote them down. Hope you get a smile or laugh and that it helps us all along our way.

Cheers
    Marelda

‘Five-Two’

I woke up this morning
    With these words going around in my head,
    So I thought I’d write them down,
    Like butter goes on fresh bread…

A little bit of fasting
    Every other day
    Will help to get that stubborn fat
    Moving on its way.

A little bit of fasting
    Even two days a week you see,
    Will train your tummy and your mind
    To achieve your TDEE!

Not only good for weight control
    Many other benefits as well.
    Blood Pressure, sugar levels, tape measure,
    Energy and bad cholesterol.

Today was to be a day of fast,
    Until chores got in the way.
    Flexibility is a five-two key
    Tomorrow can be a fast day.

At a cafΓ© while I write this
    Eating mushrooms and brie on toast
    That’s the great thing about five and two
    You really can eat the most.

Little bits of everything
    It may help to add some spices!
    We’ll have our best bods back yet,
    Even with some added vices!

And so this ditty comes to an end,
    With goals truly attainable.
    Once we reach our destination
    Five-Two makes it sustainable!

πŸ™‚

Marelda Kelly
    October 30 2014
    

Marelda this is amazing, very nice

Awesome

Evening AUSSIE DETERMINATORS……Foxy congratulations WOW WOW YEPEEEEEEE!!!!!

CG….. WELL DONE…. HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!

MARELDA…. What a brillent ditty for 5:2, love it!

FB….. You are sooooo doing well,

BALI2015……SO happy for you, Great loss!

YORKYGIRL……You have been very positive… BE strong.. You know that you are.

This team is full of strong , determined, motivated people. WE ARE DOING SO WELL

Have a wonderful weekend and be kind and happy to yourselves .. Next week will be awesome…..XOXOXO …….GO GAL

A little disappointed today… a 400g gain (sorta), not what I expected as I have been reasonably good throughout the week and I feel so “Alive” I am not going to let this stop me, just makes me more determined for next week!!! That being said I couldn’t resist jumping on the scales again when I got home from work and I actually weigh less (same as last weeks weigh-in) so now I feel good as usually a little bit goes back on after my Friday morn weigh in!! Bring on next week!!! πŸ™‚

Hi team,it’s been a good weigh in all round. For those who didn’t quite hit the mark, next week will be here soon enough. Don’t stress, be good to yourself, enjoy your week end, that’s the beauty of 5:2 there are no guarantees except our commitment and our AUSSIE DETERMINATION, so on we go on this incredible journey together, learn from each day, none of us are experts but we all love sharing our ideas and support, we know WE CAN DO IT so onward and DOWNward!….CG

I just weighed in at 66.6kg. I don’t know if this is an omen. Maybe Satan is trying to warn me a plateau is on its way lol.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi All, well my weight stayed the same, no loss or gain. Felt disappointed at first, but thought this has happened to others, I am not alone, keep going.
    This is what this forum does, it makes you realise you are not alone. Great work for all those that have lost. You all should be proud of yourselves and those who have stayed the same or put on a bit, soldier on. We can do it. YD.

Hi YD I didn’t’ have any loss last week either, but this week lost extra, maybe it’s our bodies adjusting to our new way of life. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, don’t let it defeat you, YOU CAN DO IT you are doing something right as you had no gain. We have all had the same and will many times over, but in 12 months time we will look back at how easy it all was and wonder why we stressed. Enjoy your week end, Monday starts another week…..CG

Good Morning All
    YD, I am in the same boat as you. I was a little disappointed too, however just had the same thought that I am not alone in this. We can do it!!!
    Yesterday was a feast day. I was doing so well all day but at night hubby poured some wine and I gave in. Had two vodkas with diet coke n few snacks n chippies (ooops)
    I am doing a water fast today, to negate all calories consumed from yesterday.

Although I didnt loose any weight this week, i can really see the difference on how my clothes fit. Really feels like an achievement.
    Happy weekend everyone, be strong!!!

A big thank you Countrygal and Fatbuster. Wow! what support. You both bought me to tears with such encouraging words. We all can do it, we are Aussie Determination’s.
    Love this Forum YD.

Hi all, weighed in this morning – lost 0.2 kg and 2 cm off my waist. Happy with that. Fasted Wednesday and Friday (usually Monday and Thursday). Lots of walking during the week – just under 20 km overall at about 10.5 minutes per km so a brisk pace. Feeling pretty good. I found fasting on a Friday easier than I expected sooooo I move to 4:3 next week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday – at least until Christmas then maybe back to 5:2.

Hi Fatbuster, I’ve known that awful feeling in the past when some of those closest to me were not supportive and were downright disparaging. On the other hand we have a terrific supportive family right here with our Aussie Determination friends. We can do this!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.