Anyone Want a Buddy in the UK?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone Want a Buddy in the UK?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lalasharni 9 years ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

• Hey there 5:2ers!
    I’m looking for a diet buddy or two in the UK. I am a young minded 66 year old lady biker and my knees are shot. I had one knee replacement in 2010 and am rapidly heading for another, and hips too! Before my skeleton crumbles altogether, I had to find a solution for my gluttonous lifestyle and I began the 5:2 diet three weeks ago. Five pounds have already gone – hallelujah!!
    Will anyone come along and support me on my journey, and I will happily reciprocate. We can communicate through the site, or through private email. You choose!

Hi Lala,
    My name is Catherine and I live in beautifully sunny (it is this morning at least) North Wales. I am 37 and have been struggling to hold back my weight gain since having my daughter 4 years ago. I started 5:2 in mid January in a last ditch attempt. I am about 8lb down and starting to see the benefits. I can’t say it is always easy but it is working. I normally quit about this point when I start to look and feel better. This time I determined to lose at least more stone (preferably 1.5 stone) to get myself back to my pre-child size.
    Would be happy to buddy up with you and my greatest commiserations about the skeleton!

Hi Catherine! Nice to meet you. Keep in touch. Id be happy to offer support! I’m getting into the 5:2 regime quite happily. If you want an email address, its velaseven@gmail.com
    Lal xx

Hi I’m lorri68 and I’m starting tomorrow like most people I have yo yo ed on every plan there is.i am sick of running my days around numbers it’s total madness. So I thought I would like to give this a good as its only two days. My days are Monday and Thursday. So please and help on this would be great

Its the same for me….yo yo dieting because its hard to diet every day…
    I’m on my second week and my 4th fast day tomorrow. Its not that tough… But so far I’ve lost 3.5lbs so something’s working!
    My email is velaseven@gmail.com if you want to keep in touch and good luck. My fast days are monday and thursday too!!

Thanks for the email mine is lorrainedixey1968@gmail.com my days are mon and Thurs so wish me luck I’ll let you know how I’m doing and you to.

Today is my first fast day of the week. It is also weigh day. Normally the success of the previous week is enough to spur me on but this mornings weigh didn’t go well. Bloating / constipation and general gut un-ease has led to my feeling pretty groggy, looking huge and bloated and only losing 0.5kg. I am hoping a little lactulose and a fast day will help. I blame the pizza last night!

The bloating and constipation are normal – you are putting your body through an enormous change of routine and it WILL rebel, but it will pass.Stick with it!!

People have been a bit reluctant to have me as a diet buddy, as I am only 21.
    I have just got over two knee operations (not replacements, bone and tendon/ligament damage)

If anyone ever wants a buddy my email is heavens-hazzard@hotmail.co.uk

I made that email when I was 13 aha! Don’t judge me on it.

Hi to you all on this thread.

I am with you Lala, on the knee’s being shot lol. I have arthritis in my knees and hips, but I still manage to do a bit of exercise. Cant do squats as the knees would cave in. I have struggled with my weight for years due to having cysts on my ovaries.

I have been on this 5:2 since the 9th Feb this year. I weighed myself a couple of days ago and I was surprised to find I had lost 7kg (1stone) I still have a fair bit to go. I am determined to shed these pounds. I don’t have any specific days for fasting I see how I feel when I get up in the mornings. I managed to get into a pair of jeans that I had put at the back of the wardrobe a long while ago.

I think that anyone with arthritic joints will benefit from weight loss – it’s only sensible that less strain on a joint is good for it! I don’t want to be thin -in fact I was at my optimum health when I was a size 14/16 and I never had any need to be a size 8 – I don’t honestly think its in my genetic make-up.
    However, I digress – I am on my 5th fast day today and it is proving quite tough. The first four were manageable, but today I am plagued by cravings and having to drink lots of water to fill up – which means inevitable trips to the loo hahahaha!!
    I’ve also found that two tins of Weight Watchers soups and two 300/350 calorie ready meals make my fast days easier to manage because I don’t guestimate calories and once they’re eaten, I know that’s my lot!

Lastly, I have to congratulate Molly78 on her weight loss to far – that’s real progress!

After going to bed raving hungry yesterday, I woke up not in the least hungry and waited until 2.00pm to have my usual lunch.That means that I extended my fast to 19 hours – and I wonder what effect that will have tomorrow when I weigh in.
    Watch this space……
    Although Im on a normal eating day today, Ive not really been tempted into anything really bad – I had a ham salad sandwich for lunch at 2.00 pm and have a hankering for fish and salad tonight – but I might well go in for a couple of JDs with my hubby later!

Hi Ladies, greetings from sunny Tenerife. I’d been doing 16:8 fasting/eating window for around 3 weeks but I ended up overeating I think to compensate so didn’t lose very much, maybe 1/2 kg… My hormones and monthly cycle was running wild which also didn’t help. Anyway, I’m now trying this, I did my 2nd day of fasting yesterday, all went well but today, whilst I haven’t gone crazy eating cream buns or similar I’m sure to have gone over the 1400cal I’d hoped to stick at.

Lala, I’m not sure I understand, you have 2 soups and 2 300cal meals on a fast day?Maybe I’m doing it wrong….

I’d be happy losing 5kg but it would be amazing to lose 7kg/ 1 stone. Are you all being terribly careful on your non fast days ie weighing, counting calories or are you just avoiding very “naughty” treats? Is anyone else having difficulties or am I just whingeing? Good luck everyone, summer dresses just around the corner!

Hi everyone, been on 5 2 since beginning of Jan , but definitely struggle not to go overboard on non fast days ms lolita . Even with that I’ve still managed to lose 8.5 llbs .Aiming for another 14 !!

Sorry folks… I think I confused a couple of you….. I buy two soups and two low calorie meals a week for my TWO fast days….. However yesterday I could have eaten them both lol!!

BTW MS LOLITA… You’re not whinging at all! This is the place that we CAN complain a bit.
    I eat up to me TTDE on non fast days so I don’t feel as though I’m deprived. I think that the thought that you CAN have the cake, sometimes keeps you away from it. I am planning a year for weight loss, and then switching to 6:1 for lifelong. Anyone else agree?

Lalasharni do u wait to weigh in once a week . I think I’m becoming scales obsessed !

Scales obsession is dangerous! IMHO once a week is key. Constant scales jumping is depressing if you get weight fluctuations and you need to keep morale up. I weigh on Saturday morning and then the scales go back in the bathroom cupboard. My suggestion is that you don’t worry about pounds and ounces. Your clothes will tell you the truth. The more you think about scales, the more the word “diet” jumps in and this is a lifestyle not a diet, per se. Agree or no?

Lalasharni u r right .it’s a temptation I need to resist ( alongside crisps and wine !!)

Hahaha!! About the crisps and wine…. Nothing wrong with that on your no fasting days! Just count them into your calorie total…. I am sitting here with a Jim Beam and diet coke. No sin in that!!

estherlorraine….where in tho lovely planet do you live?

I’m in northern Ireland enjoying a couple of wines and a netflixathon !

Oh and by couple of wines I don’t mean bottles !!!

Hahaha enjoy the wine!! Good for you in moderation. Xx

I most certainly am . enjoy ur Jim beam .

I have a cousin in N Ireland. Dromore. Where shouts are you from there? My JB is going down a treat. Weigh in tomorrow lol!! But no carbs in JB. Those are the little buggers that upset the status quo!!

a county down one like me .I’m about 15 miles away !! Carbs are a bugger . I lost stone half a few years ago doing low carb . 5 2 isveasier though !

Esther, well done for your weight loss. Enjoy your drinks girls. I’ve been pulling up weeds and stuff for 8 hours straight!! So I’ve treated myself to the birthday chocs that I hadn’t opened… I only managed 4, luckily they weren’t very tasty. Very good point about not weighing ourselves too often, it certainly makes sense and I’m gonna try to avoid my scales until next weekend!

No weight loss this week but no gain either. Today my stomach os off colour so the fasting day may be a godsend. I’ve had a WW soup so far…92 calories and have a WW lasagna tonight. 261 calories. Add a little salad and that’s it.
    Maybe the tummy will behave tomorrow!

Thanks ms lolita , I certainly did. Lalasharni, I always feel no gain as a bit of a victory as before 5 2 the only way the scales were going was up !!I’ve had 400 cals today . boots do this fantastic mango and noodle salad that’s only 140 cals !! Feels more !

Thanks Estherlorraine. I will check in Boots next time I pass. That sounds tasty!

A good fast day yesterday, largely thanks to a mild infection that made me shy away from food a tad. Better today, and as of now (10.20am) not hungry so will fast until lunch.
    Suns out and spring is in the air so upbeat and positive al momento!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply.