Any 18-25 fasters on here.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Any 18-25 fasters on here.

This topic contains 85 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Jsykar 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 86 total)

• Hi, I’m a 19 y/o female, I just started the fast diet this week and have lost 4 lbs since monday. I read a lot of the forums and I find that most people on there are older (not that there is anything wrong with that) and I would really like to chat with people around my age and share experiences. So if you like please share your progress so far and what is working and not working for you. xx

Hi 🙂

I’m a 22 year old female starting this week. I’d love someone similar to my age to talk to (and probably complain to when hungry ha).

How much are you trying to lose? I’m a little unsure re numbers and what my ideal would be but I’m thinking of losing somewhere between 20-30kg…ish?

Speak soon hopefully! X

Hello! 🙂

I’m a 20 year old female and I started last week. It was an okay week for starting out, I managed one successful fast. Next week I’m planning 2 fasts, Tuesday and Thursday where I eat 500 calories.

What is working best for me is knowing I can eat what I like, I just have to resist on 2 days of the week instead of all the time! I’m looking to lose a little over 3 stone in total, and am hoping to have most of that off by Christmas!

Hello @maddystella. Welcome to the fold haha. I’m trying to lose 30-50 lbs but I think that would be a lot for my body. When I started last Monday, I weighed 206.6 now I weigh 202 but I don’t look like I carry so much weight. I should say I’m 5 ft 8 so maybe that’s why.

Hello @natasharebecca we started the same time. Same I have a vacation coming up that I’m trying to lose weight for but I’m not to focused on that. I would like to lose at least half of the fat by July, I graduate then and hopefully everything is gone for my 20th birthday in September. Did you find yourself particularly hungry? I didn’t. It wasn’t like starving or painful and I fasted everyday. I mix 4:3 with 16:8. xx

Hi! I’m starting week 5 tomorrow, so I’m a bit longer in it but I could need some advice. On fast days I just can’t sleep, I am not really hungry but can only think about food, is that normal? This week I had 3 fast days because I stopped losing weight and it worked but I’ve got the feeling I will have to fast 3 days every week now to maintain my weight. What do you think?

Hello @berry that’s nice, week 5.I get not being able to sleep or sleeping really late. What I try to do on fast days, as I also do 4:3. I try to keep myself really busy during the day so by the time I get home I am really tired. I have my exams now, so I am always reading or in the library till late. It kind of helps…Try to keep busy.

@Jyskar – I’m the same I’m 5’7 and while I don’t look slim I also don’t look particularly overweight. But I hate the way I look and want to be healthier so a change needs to be made!

I’m also doing 16:8 alongside 5:2 though that’s how I naturally tend to eat so isn’t much of a challenge. At least on work days when I’m busy – it’s not easy when you have time to think about food!

Where about is everyone from? I’m from New Zealand :)And how many calories do you eat on your regular days? I think I’m aiming for 1500 so my net calories for the week including the two fast days equates to 1200 calories a day.

xx

Hi, I’m 22 🙂

I started last October but had two months off when I broke my arm, February and March, I have gone from 15st13(223lbs) to 12st7(175lbs) whilst doing 5:2 in that time but have actually weighed 18st6 in the past so very close to loosing 6stone off my heaviest weight. I am also 5ft7, was originally planning to get to 11st6 but thinking as I get closer that 10st10 might be better, will have to see.

Abop x

@abop that is amazing you lost 24kg/48lbs in 4 months on 5:2?? Or am I reading it wrong … It’s been a long day ha.

I’m looking to lose around 24kg – how many calories did you eat on your normal days?

X

MaddyStella that’s the total loss from October but with February and March eating awfully and not doing 5:2 atall but then starting again right at the end of March and been doing it again for the last 7 weeks, so about 6 months I have lost that weight in. I eat well in the week keeping to around my bmr (1600) but then go abit mad at the weekends and average between 2200 and 2700.

Abop x

Hi ☺️ I’m Amy…I’m almost 23 and have been trying to stick to slimmingworld but failing totally! So have decided today to start 5:2. Will be doing 5 days of sticking to slimmingworld and having the odd treat and then two days (tues and thurs) of fasting.

Would love to meet some other people fasting on the same days so we can keep each other going through the hunger and grumpiness!!

Hope you’re all ok and good luck!! Xxx

Hello @maddystella and everyone. Well I’m from Liverpool. Origin- west african. I don’t usually count my calories on either day (fast or non fast) just because I’ve been using myfitnesspal app for a long time an have an idea of the calories in my meal.

My meal plan is like this:
    Fast days: yogurt, fruit, salad and chicken.

Non fast days : rice, chicken, cheerios, yogurt and dark chocolate.

The calculator on here sets my TDEE at 2700 calories but I obviously can’t eat that because dueto the fasting I’m not as hungry.

I did have a patissere valerie cake last week and ate pizza on Saturday.

I like this lifestyle, not too much thinking for me.

Hello @amymcall23. I fast everyday for at least 16 hrs but I restrict my meal to around 600 calories or less on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday, I eat fairly healthy. On Saturday and Sunday, I allow myself some leisure.

Welcome @abop amazing success.

Not sure I could be strict enough with myself to fast as often as you do. Maybe one ive got used to it 🙂 x

Hi Guys!

I’m 23, from the UK and this is the start of my sixth week. So far I’ve lost 8lbs and my fast days are Monday and Thursdays. I haven’t got much to lose (21lbs in total) but I’ve found this is the only way of eating that I can stick to after failing miserably at weightwatchers/slimming world etc.

Good luck to all that are just starting!

Afternoon,

25 from the U.K, start of my fourth week – lost 3lbs so far – will not be stepping on the scales this week as my TOTM has decided to make an appearance and I know that always messes up the scales!

I have about 18-20lbs to lose but would love to lose 13lbs by the 1st July.

Hope your week has started well!

Hello @amymcall23 yeah definitely build up to it. Just wanted something that excites me. @emma385 welcome to the group. @priy_kalhan welcome welcome.

Monday= Fast day. Had to work today and walked around so much, plus I couldn’t sleep at all last night. so tired.

Hi guys, I hope you are all well. I feel like I’m breaching the rules here as I’m 29 :/ but I was searching for a supportive group in their 20’s hopefully I’m allowed in lol! Great progress from everyone so far, well done. I’m trying the 4:3 at the moment to kick start my weight loss I have about 12 lbs to lose but it’s always the last bit that’s the hardest it feels. This is my 4th week but I failed one week to fast 🙁 I think sometimes I struggle sticking to my TDEE on the weekends does anyone else find that? I wish I was more disciplined!

Hi @harpreet – I think at some point we all go over our TDEE especially on the weekends – I know I did this weekend. When that does happen – I just push myself to fast better on my fast days and exercise for one more day than I normally do.

Eeh first fast day tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Also welcome to all the new girls – more the merrier!

Maddy x

(So many exclamation marks in this post..oops)

Evening guys,

Just a quick question – when drinking herbal teas do you count the cals? I know Twinings Peppermint tea is 2 calories as per my fitness pal but I am never sure whether to include those in my daily allowance or not?

@maddystella good luck dear. Had a fast day today. Just ate fish tortillas. @priy_kalhan I don’t think it counts. From what I gather you can have teas especially if you don’t put cream in it. I take diet pepsi 2kcals in a can.

@priy_kalhan thanks for the reply 🙂 I like that you push harder when you go over your TDEE, I find that if I have a bad days, it tends to lead to a bad weekend or week! I need to learn to pick myself up again and not take it so much to heart. I am on my second fast day today, going ok so far. Also from the Fast beach diet book, Mimi Spencer says black coffee, tea and herbal teas are all fine, so I’m sure you’re fine with peppermint tea 🙂
    @jsykar hope I can stay in the group as a 29 year old 😉
    Happy fasting everyone!

Yes I wouldn’t think herbal teas would count, even if they do it’s only 2 calories so is hardly going to make any difference do drink away! 🙂 I have a tropical flavour tea I love which satisfies sweet cravings and when I’m sick of green tea.

I don’t know what it is but on a regular work day I can usually quite easily go without eating until 3pm or even later but when I decide today is a fast day I’m starving from 9am. Well I do know why – it’s because I’ve told myself I can’t so I automatically want to but it is so annoying.

My plan today is to have a zero calorie berocca water this morning for some sort of energy, then buy a smoothie for lunch (150ish calories for medium size on their website) and then for dinner just stir fry some broccoli, bok choy and spinach with a dash of soy sauce which will be around 100 calories? That way if I need a little something I have calories for a few almonds or a 50cal hot chocolate sachet.

I also have that model Tash Oakley as my phone back ground as some inspiration! Makes me feel like a pervy man but it works, when I want to eat something bad I just check my phone and the inspiration is back! Google her, she has the craziest body.

Oops I’ve written a novel now.. can you tell I’m bored at work? 😉 x

haha @maddystella I have J-Lo & Kim Kardashian on my phone – they’re my ‘thinspiration’ – usually changes every week!

Fasting today – nothing for breakfast – got a ranch style salad kit from Asda which is shockingly 344 calories for the bag including the ranch dressing and herb toppings which I am not having so I’m assuming it is less than a 100? – will have another bag with my own dressing (again) and chicken!

Feeling very hungry atm so downing lots of water and on my 2nd Peppermint Tea.

Got 6 weeks until my holiday and by the looks of it, I don’t think I will be reaching my target of 18lbs so aiming for at least 10lbs!

Hope your fast day is going well – that is if you’re fasting! x

Heyy @harpreet haha you can definitely stay.

So I usually do 16:8 and 4:3, today was my non-fast day meaning I’m meant to eat only 1800 kcal however, that was not the case today. I have finals and so I stay in the library for like 9pm till 9 am. And I am of course hungry the whole time because I finish eating by 9pm and don’t eat till like 2.

I was just so tired today because I was writing an essay so I ate in my 16hr fasting window. I don’t necessarily feel bad because it was a subway but when I ate my stomach felt so weird and I actually felt a bit sick. I think my body has gotten used to me not eating so when I did, it reacted negatively.

Anyway just decided to share that.

Hope everyone is okay. P.S I have a picture of Porsha Williams in a bikini as my home and lock screen.

@jyskar – Do you find 4:3 to work better than 5:2? I want to try it but I feel like it would be good to keep for when I hit a bit of a plateau or just do once a month to keep things switched up a little.
    Also good luck with the exams!

Ha I’m glad I’m not the only one with inspo photos on their phone! I have a big picture of the number 65 as my lock screen so it doesn’t seem so pervy/awkward as that’s the ideal amount I’d like to weigh in my head (though I’m still very unsure re numbers)

Q: How do you maintain motivation? My biggest thing is thinking oh some chocolate won’t kill me/make a difference but I tell myself that every day… recipe for a fat ass haha. I think I’m going to try and take it one day at a time so one day I’ll think keep healthy all day and the next I might think okay small treat today and so on. Also what are your views on wheat? It seems to be the thing that adds weight for me so I want to cut down but not cut it out. I’m thinking limiting to one portion a day be it some toast or bread roll for lunch etc.

@maddystella Thank you. x

I started off with 4:3 because I wanted to kick start my weight loss and actually see progress that makes me want to carry on. I have considered 5:2 but I feel as though 4:3 fits my lifestyle better, If I am going to be eating semi-normal (cakes and all) might as well fast another day.

If I hit a plateau might do 5:2 or no food fast days etc..That’s what is so cool about this lifestyle its so flexible.

On maintaining motivation: I try to think of all the days I’ve been sad due to my weight or figure and all the times I have felt self conscious or less beautiful and I’m like NO, no more procrastination no more sadness. Plus I have an upcoming trip to Spain with a gf and her bf and I want to look good enough to be confident in my own skin.

@maddystella I have bouts of depression and being healthy and confident helps a lot.

Wheat- well I think if its negatively affecting you then try reducing your intake or find something else that you like and focus on that….

2.2 lbs lost this week.

@jsykar YAY! Go you you must be stoked. Do you weigh yourself once a week?

@maddystella Thanks. Yeah, I weigh myself every Saturday morning.

@jsykar Do you keep track of measurements as well?

Hello all! Hope you don’t mind me joining you 🙂

I’m a 23 year old 5:2’er and so far my progress has been 17.2lb (1st 3.2lb) lost in 6 weeks.

I was a Slimming Worlder originally, and lost over 4st following that plan over the course of around 3 years. I fell off the wagon big style and really lost my motivation with SW. I found it had become so restrictive and I just wasn’t enjoying it any longer. I regained around half of the weight I’d lost. That’s when I decided to try something new.

I first started 5:2 before Christmas 2014, and lost around 1st 7lb in 8 weeks or so. Then, during Christmas and New Year I majorly fell off the wagon (again!) and struggled to get back on it for months. I regained the weight I’d lost before Christmas, and more!

Then, 6 weeks ago something just clicked. I was sick of looking in the mirror and hating myself. Sick of not being able to fit into all of my nice clothes. And sick at the thought of going on holiday in September looking more like a beached whale than a beach babe! I restarted the 5:2 and, as mentioned previously, have lost over 17lb in that time. I’ve now got 14 weeks left to go until my holiday and I’m feeling more determined than ever. It’s 5:2 all the way for me now!

Hiya 🙂

I am a 25 old South African living in UK. I am aiming to be loosing 20lb,so I am hoping this will help me get there! This is my first day fasting!! Everyone results sound so amazing and definitely giving me the boost to do this!!

Have a great week, let you know how I crack on x

@jsykar – that’s brilliant! Well done.

I on the otherhand have stopped losing weight but haven’t gained! I find it so diffcult to eat my recommended cals which is 1200 on MyFitnessPal and when I do it is usually the wrong foods. Have made a diet plan to split the 1200 into three meals a day – will start that when I have fasted this week which is tomorrow and thursday!

I’m hoping I will lose a bit of weight this week as I’m going away in 5 weeks so beginning to get a bit stressed out!

Hope you all had an enjoyable bank holiday!

P.S welcome @chicken99 and @stevielena_5.2

@maddystella yes I keep track of measurements also. @stevielena_5.2 welcome to the group. You can do this. @chicken99 welcome, I have an uncle in South Africa. Anyway 20lbs is very doable. Keep us informed of your progress. @priy_kalhan thank you dear, not so happy because my boobs have gone from 40 to 34…*sad. I don’t eat 1200kcals on non fast days, I just try to make it as healthy as possible and stop eating early.

Exams tomorrow so no fasting. Fasted Monday and Today (tuesday).

Have a good week people…

Hey,

My name is Aaron and i’m 22 years old. I started the 5-2 diet to support my mum in her efforts to lose weight and found that it’s one of the best decisions i’ve ever made.

I hadn’t weighed myself since being at school but knew i’d gained a few inches on my waistline since leaving full-time education. I was disgusted when i saw 20st 5lb. (Saturday 2.8.14) This was the first ‘weigh-in’ and the start of my journey.

Since then i’ve lost 73.5lbs (5st 3.5lbs) in around 9 months and now weigh 15st 1.5lb (27.5.15)

I usually eat 1500-2000 cal on my non-fast days and 600-800 on my fast days.

Ultimately my goal is to achieve a weight which i feel that i don’t have to hide away in a loose hoody and feel totally comfortable taking my shirt off in public without getting a 2nd look (unless it’s by an interested member of the opposite sex ;D)

Hope my story helped you out,
    Good luck,
    Aaron.

ARGGHH! I had googled the calorie intake for a smoothie/juice shop and the medium smoothie said (or what I thought said) 71 calories and I was over the moon! Went down and bought one and when I got back to work I went to enter it into MFP…. It’s 339 calories. Which definitely sounds more accurate and I thought 71 sounded too good to be true. But still! I wouldn’t have had it if I had known how many calories were really in it. And I had a few almonds earlier so now I have 100 calories for the rest of the day and it’s only 1pm – so annoyed!!!

Also welcome Aaron  I’m the same as you, I’m not sure my ideal weight but back to around a size AU10 is where I’m aiming… I’ve just got to learn some patience now! How did you go about losing the weight before you started 5:2? You certainly lost a LOT and it’s very impressive, I’d like to lose around 3stone to get to size 10 and if I could do that in 6ish months that would be incredible!

Yep I’m a 22 y\o girl just beginning! Hoping I’ve enough willpower to follow the diet properly… :-).

Priy_kalhan- 1200 calories on an eat day seems low, have you set your target on mfp to maintain as then that will set your calorie limit to your bmr? I am 5ft7 and weigh about 12 and a half stone and my bmr is around 1560, if you eat too little it can effect your weight loss, over time if you are not eating enough your metabolism slows down (it naturally slows down as you loss weight anyway) but will make loosing weight harder, also you start to loss muscle aswel as fat. I think 10lb in 6weeks is a great target, where are you going on holiday? I have just booked to go to a little caravan on the Isle of Wight with the kiddies, we are going in 5 weeks time, I have set a target of 6lb to loss as I just want to get into the 11 stone bracket before we go but would be chuffed to loss an extra couple of pounds aswel.

Stevielena_5:2- I also did slimming world before but seemed to only be able to stay on plan for 2-3 months before crashing and burning and then putting a lot if not all the weight back on. 5:2 is just so much more sustainable for me. What great progress so far, 17lb in 6 weeks is great, do you have much left to loss overall?

Aarond2lod- Well done on your great weight loss so far.

I am remotivated, after loosing 21lb in the 7 weeks before the race for life I havnt been too good, (somehow I have still lost a pound though despite the icecream and takeaways) but I am remotivated now and have a new 5 week time limit to get to 12st or below. My current weight is 12st6 (174lbs) (that’s a whole 6 stone that I have lost now whoop!), hope you are all well,

Abop x

I’ve lost 2.1kg this first week! I’m going to start keeping track of measurements as of this weekend too. Yay! X

Congrats @maddystella.

I lost 2.8lbs..officially down from the 200s yayy…

Hello! I’m a 26 year-old girl living in the UK. Picked up the new book “The Fast Beach Diet” last week and decided to give it a try for 6 weeks as the book suggests. I started fasting last week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday by skipping breakfast & lunch and eating a 500-cal dinner. I just drink a cup of black coffee in the morning and during lunch, and then the whole work day goes by and it’s dinner time. I find this working for me quite well, since it allows me to comfortably enjoy dinner with friends and family every evening. Surprisingly, I feel so much more energised even on my commute home and didn’t really feel physically hungry during dinner time. The hunger pangs come around 3pm but I just drink lots of water and then it goes away. It’s been a week now and I went from 151 to 143.8lb, feeling a lot lighter and refreshed. Will keep going and keep you all posted. Enjoy it!

@maddystella i didn’t really lose any weight before 5-2. I was fine in school because i was active a lot, walking 20min to and from school, sports 2-3 times a week, rugby practise after school & going out with friends after school. I got lazy and ate a lot of junk food, particularly at night when watching tv thus the weight gain over a few years.

My advice for anyone new to 5-2 is:

– Find what works for you in terms of meal times, personally on fast days i prefer to skip breakfast and lunch and have a 300 calorie dinner at around 7:00-7:30pm (usually 150-200g chicken/turkey with a large salad or 2 portions of ‘fish in butter sauce’ with a packet of steamed vegetables) then a 250 calorie snack at around 11pm usually a 150 cal sandwich (warburton’s ‘thin’ with 2 slices of pre-packaged sliced chicken breast and a slither of low fat salad cream) and a ~100 calories bag of chrisps (quavers, french fries, wotsits, whisps etc) then low/zero calories drinks (water, diet soda) and maybe a few icepops/ice lolly or low calorie jelly at night for a minor sweet fix.

– Weigh yourself every 2 weeks. I’ve been doing this and you see a more consistent weight loss. Sometimes you wont lose any weight in a particular week and be disheartened for the next week.

– Occupy your mind to keep it off food, take up a hobby to discourage comfort eating. For me that’s onling gaming or watching TV.

Hi everyone i wish I could individually say well done to you all but there’s lots of messages -what fantastic progress you’ve all made, really inspiring you should be soo proud. So I posted 2 weeks ago and was in SUCH a different head space..I’d lost weight, was working out, felt good in myself..2 weeks on I’ve been soo incredibly low in mood,broken self esteem and eaten rubbish,drank alcohol, haven’t exercised. I’ve let the stressors in my life take over and I stopped fasting and taking care of myself. Now I regained the weight..This weekend I’m with friends so I have the impending worry of having to pretend I’m having fun when in actual fact ill feel self conscious in my skin next to my skinny size 6/8 friend and a holiday with yet another skinny friend in 1 weeks and I’m no where near my goal..I know I shouldnt be ungrateful and be appreciative I’ve saved up to take my mum on holiday but I just feel so bad in myself. I have 3 days now until Friday when I see friends I am fasting today but I feel it’s too late. Reading your messages have helped though. Sorry for just pouring this on anyone reading it but it’s nice to have a supportive place to message. Well done everyone again and keep going.

Hello!
    I’m Alexis, from the U.S. (and yes, from Texas!) I’m a female, 19 years old. I’m 5’8″ 1/2 and at a weight of 174.4 lbs. My goal is 150-155, whatever feels most sustainable for my body type (I’m of Mexican, German and English stock, so I have a heavy bone structure- never been waiflike, that’s for sure, and that’s fine).

Today is my first fast and it’s going well so far, at 1:43pm. I ate 216.6 calories at breakfast of 2 eggs, ham, and dark green veggies with green onion mixed in for flavor. Now I’m planning on not eating until much later tonight, after volunteering at VBS, so that I’ll have something in my stomach when I go to bed (I think I’ll have trouble sleeping otherwise).

I did the 5:2 diet this past semester for about 7 weeks and didn’t yield much results because I was doing it wrong. I’ve always approached weight loss with a strong sense that more and more exercise will help me lose weight faster, but doing 5:2, working out 6 days a week (alternating running and 15 lb weights), working, and walking everywhere constantly made me so tired that sometimes I would just lay on the floor of my dorm room, feeling drained. I kept doing this with 5:2, because I tend to be an overachiever in the worst way, but I had some anxiety issues, felt very panicky, and ended up stopping. I dodn’t have a scale at school so I never monitored that, only how I felt. Oh and because I was always going, going, going, I got really hungry and rarely finished a productive fast. Exercise tones me up, but I still have a layer of fat surrounding the hard muscle,so what good is that if you can’t see all of it?

Anyway, sorry that was a bit long, but just wanted to provide some background and possibly help anyone who is exercising a lot and feeling discouraged. Maybe you’re exercising too much.

I’m focusing more on HIIT and not exercising on fast days, like I was before. I’m feeling optimistic and praying for strength to be diligent. Have a good fast week, everyone!

Hi alexis and welcome:

As with many things, success with 5:2 requires perseverance and patience. Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply.