Africa Fat Challenge – Inspiration & Motivation.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Africa Fat Challenge – Inspiration & Motivation.

This topic contains 271 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  DragonMama 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 272 total)

• Hi,

Totally failed at fasting and low cals days. I also ended up drinking gin and munching crisps most of the night. Then today I carried on and munched away mt tiredness. Not optimistic about weight loss this week.

DragonMama, congratulations on your weight loss! It just proves that if we hang in then results will come. Good luck with the house selling.

In It To Thin It, Irish Setter’s are beautiful dogs. Very jealous. Like you I would be happy with no change in weight this week

Hi lazycat, thAnks.

Do not stress and worry so much tomorrow is another day.

Maybe your mind is so full of “DIet” that your body is in total resistance. I don’t really understand but it apparantly does happen.

If I find more advice, will let you know. I hope that you can win it on your own.

I can only hope to help you as I know how bad one feel with excess weighT.

Have a restful night.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/motivate-me/76212140/nil-by-mouth-29kg-lost-through-fasting

Hi both, Have a look at this link – a very inspiring success story from a 52 dieter.

LC it is pretty predictable that those rough days and weeks are going to come from time-to-time. You have been doing so well that I am sure you will find your mojo again and get back on track. Don’t think of that bad week as failing, only as taking a short, well deserved break. After all, if you are like me – I had been on non-stop 3 year break before starting this WOE and would eat with abandon for weeks on end. The occasional bad day/week will not send me/us back to that awful state.

That being said, despite /eating/feeling so much better, I had a day yesterday when all I wanted was to eat until i was past full – Why do I want to do that when it is such an uncomfortable feeling???

Decided to make popcorn, -big volume, low calorie – I think I ate about 8 cups!!!! Just a small amount of melted butter, lots of salt. Felt so full I skipped dinner so ended up still over my TDEE, but not by much.

Hi,

Thanks to you both for your kind words of support. I just had my weigh in and lost 0.5lbs. Am delighted as not managed a fast last week, had eaten total rubbish and had gin (the gin was delicious!).

Hi Lazycat, you see, it was not as bad as you thought. Just try to Keep on the narrow track for a day or 3 and you just might be even more surprised.

Initothinit, I thank you for your input. And that thing that you want to eat to overfil, I know that feeling, even when one know that its so uncomfortable it seems as though your body want to regain anything lost!!! It is the one thing that I do not understand and nowhere you will find it explained.

Today should have been a fast day and I did not eat over 500 I think, but had heavy problem dumped on me so I had some wine. I think I shall take this week off from 5:2 and just try and get rid of this Thing which seem to be the thing which will destrUct me and everything I care about.

I hope that you both will keep up the good works. Thank you so Much so far.
    WilL be back asap, promise!!

Kind Regards

Oh dear dragonmama, good luck with your heavy problem. I hope it all works out for you.
    Look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Lazy cat I am thrilled for you having a loss when not expecting one! I think our appetites are being reset and our stomachs have shrunk with the fasting so even when we overindulge we aren’t doing as much damage calorie wise as we did before this WOE.
    Let’s continue our downward slide! We’ll toast our success with g&ts along the way.

Hi,

DragonMama, I am sorry to hear that you have a problem that sounds as if it is getting you down. I hope that it can be resolved and quickly. Sometimes a glass of wine or in my case a large gin and tonic is just what we need.

In It To Thin it, yes I think my appetite has reduced slightly. Shame about the belly! Anyway, I feel a bit more motivated to keep to 2 fast days and 3 low cal days. That gives me a bit of wriggle room at the weekend if I fancy something sweet or savory. Well that’s the plan so I will see how it goes.

Good Morning Lazycat and Initothinit,

Thank you kindly. It seems my efforts has deflected a bit of the problem, but I know it will not disappear, have been going on for 14 years so I suppose I should be used to it by now.

Any Case, I did not overindulge so far, except for the Wine!! And it does help a lot!
    I just could not get a fast day going so far. And it is again SO hot, when I went for my walk this morning, I had to rush from one tree to the next to just stay in the shade!

You both are doing great while it is so cold when it’s obvious that everybody eat more and more calorie-full food, I take my hat off for you! I wonder how I shall fare during the winter months. And here it CAN become just as cold as it can be hot! Never an Inbetween, just extreems!!

Have a Great Day!!

Good Morning Lazycat and Initothinit,
    I hope that you both are doing well.

So far I have not been over my TDEE this week, and some days below Fitnesspal’s 1200 and I feel great. I have been walking every morning. Tomorrow is weight and measure days so we shall see how this week went.

Tomorrow I shall decide whether it will be a fast day and will let you know. It’s Very Hot again today and I had a kitchen sink overflowed last night so I’ve decided to clean out all those cupboards and I am totally stunned of all the rubbish that I’ve been accumulated so far. Well, I threw all out and ready to tackle the next cupboard.

Have a Great Day!!

Good morning, I hope that you are both okay.

Well, it has been gale force winds and now we have snow. This weather is making it difficult for me to have a proper fast or even a low cal day. Durning the cold weather I just want to eat warm comfort food and sweet food. DragonMama, the heat that you are describing sounds very nice as while I am sitting here I see the snow falling and the wind battering off my window.

Good Morning,

Lazycat, I am so sorry for you there in the cold, wish I could send you some of this heat, the house is closed today as it is so hot outside that you cannot breath. We sometimes have it that bad, it is so terribly dry, we hope for rain soon. I can understand that you must be struggling, so when will you have spring and summer? We just have 1 month (Febr) of summer left, March is the first month of autumn. I do not like the winter! I am actually scared of it!!

I told you about Cape St Francis where we go for a walk by the Light House, there was a terrible fire and millions of hectares burned down, lucky none of the houses there were touched but in St Francis Bay, there some 4 or 5 burned down and a boatyard with lots of boats ext and the Fire Fighters is still on the scene, has been going on since last week! Helicopter photos show the huge area as black! it’s really a terrible disaster. We do not want to go there before its not 100% safe.

Further I hope that you both are doing well, I made a mistake yesterday, Today is Saturday, so tomorrow is weight and measure day.

Strongs to you in the cold, I hope that you will be able to still handle it in moderation.

Hi DragonMama,

I am sorry to hear about the large scale of the fires in your lovely country. It is awful! I will try and remember to google it later to find out more. It must be very frightening for all who are involved including the firefighters. I hope that they manage to control it and put it out.

Today (Saturday) I am planning to visit a friend who has a new cocker spaniel puppy. He looks absolutely adorable. I do love animals.

The snow has stopped for the time being but it is still very windy and freezing. So while I am in the house I am planning to make a large pot of veggie curry to freeze for meals during the week. Both healthy and hot which is just what is needed in this weather.

Good Morning Lazycat and Initothin it, we miss you a lot!!

Yes tthe fires are terrifying and there is many wildlife in those areas. It will most probably be classified as a Disaster area so the Firefighters can at least be paid.

Weight and Measurement day!! Still on 70Kg. And measurements is mostly same only 2cm which were extra on waist last week disappeared again, thank heaven! I am quite satisfied as only Yesterday I had No wine and a real low Calory day with about 600 cal.

I love baby dogs! But my time for animals has passed as we cannot take a pet everywhere and I never left mine in care. They were like my kids, if I could not take them with me, I did not go there, full stop.

I would love to have your Curry veggi recipe, we love curry but I have never made it with veggies only.

I make green bean curry which we eat as a cold salad and we love it. Cooked and cut Gbeans and accordiNg to the amount you make a paste of water, curry powder and cornflour with half t sugar and add it to the water in which the beans was cOoked. Just bring to boil add Gbeans. It must not be too thick.

Hope you understand. Have a wonderful day.

Hi and Good Morning,
    Yesterday we had a real schorcher! February entered with a vengeance!! 30 in the house and 42 outside, could not breathe and had no internet connection!

Today off to the beach and hope that it will be a bit easier there for a few hours.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and keep up to your dreams!!!

Hi and Good Evening,
    As we left town and over the mountain, the wind was blowing and here and there a raindrop fell. It was Cool and lovely!

Reaching the fire Zone we were astonished to see Smoldering ashes between the burnt to the ground Bushes and it smelled terrible. The beach was lovely the water cold but fantastic. Had a picnic ad whEn we left some rain fell. We still hope for more Rain.

I would love to hear how you are doing. Have a great evening.

Good Day,

I hope that you are doing very well.

Today is overcast and cool, thank the Good Lord!

I have to have a Fast day today. I just feel it in my bones!! I have not gone over my TDEE for the last 2 weeks and had lots of very low Calory days. All is well and I feel fine.

I miss you Lazycat and Initothinit very much and hope to hear from you soon.

Good evening

I did not make the fast day. It seems to get more difficult just because I left my regular program. Maybe I must just go back to the original plan?

I still do my walk every day and I love it. When I wake up I look forward to it.

Today it has been raining softly and now and then and now it is falling soft and regular and we all are very thankful.

I hope that tomorrow I shall wake up to a Fast day and see it through!!

Have a nice day and hope that you will have a successful day.

Good afternoon,

Today is a Fast day and I have really been behaving today.

Tonight a cup of soup and that’s it. I just Have to make it today!!

I hope that you are doing well with the cold and all, I do miss your input and look forward to hearing from you again.

Hi DragonMama,

Sorry that I have not been posting recently. One of my cats has been quite poorly with a UTI. Had to get an emergency appointment at the vets resulting in an anti-inflammatory injection, antibiotic injection, anti-inflammatory medication for the next week and will be on medication to break down any crystals blocking the urethra for the rest of his life. I dread cleaning the litter tray as there has been blood through his urine since Saturday. However, the blood content appears to be reducing. My poor boy has not managed to get a minutes peace from me fussing and checking the litter tray. Needless to say, yet again I have not managed a fast. Chocolates at work are also making it difficult to fast. I keep thinking that a sugar rush is what I need due to tiredness.

Hope that you are well. I wish that I could send you some rain from Scotland.

Hey, LazyCat. You could check that on your non fast days you have more fat in your food from butter or olive oil. I’ve only been on the diet two weeks. Three days ago, day after a fast day I had such strong food cravings but decided to try eating protein and fat instead of carbs. I had fried herring and vegetables with butter on, small slice of bread and butter. It did the trick, no more carb cravings for the next two days. On my non fasting days I’m keeping off white carbs and sugars except for fruit ( apple, pear or orange) but am using olive oil and butter to cook with. I’ve not craved sugar since I started the diet, though before that I would finish a tub of ice cream, banana pancake or similar. Was persuaded to have a slice of cake at a Charity cake sale but found I couldn’t finish it. Mostly I’m not needing snacks but if I do, I’ve had nuts or a piece of cheese with an apple or carrot. Hope to keep this up. I think the fat is the real help. It seems to make me feel full even if I’ve only had salad with a bit of cheese or chicken in it. So far I’ve lost four pounds, a start on the 2-3 stone that’s got to go, though I’m more concerned about pre diabetes fasting sugar score and slightly high BP, weight is all round my midrif.

Hi Apricot,

Thanks for the tips. I previous was a low fat kind of girl but the realised that low fat foods just had added sugar. I had done okay and had lost 5lbs in 3 weeks. This week has been not so good due to worrying about my cat as UTI’s can be fatal in tom cats. Hence, not eating healthy, snacking and munching on chocolate. However, I will keep your tips in mind and get stuck into my fasts next week. Hopefully, by that time, my cat will be getting back to his usual playful self. It sounds as if you are doing really well. Please keep us updated.

Good Morning Lazycat,

I am so sorry that your baby is sick, I hope that he is better by now. We used to give our pets a teaspoon of coconut oil with their food. it absolutely helps for everything their hair and insides, maybe it can be of assistance to make the recovery a bit easier.

About the chocolate, you know I believe that it is not the chocolates that keeps us from losing weight, just the guilty feeling!! And it is really very good for us in moderate intake!!

Apricot, Welcome!! I am so glad to hear from you and you are so positive, and that is Great!! I hope that we shall hear from you on a daily basis.

I also never use anything “low fat” or “diet”. There is more bad stuff in there than you will believe. I never use margarine but only butter and good Olive and Coconut oil, of the Extra Virgin variety.

I have cut out french fries and pastas and cut down on sugar, milk, cheese. I stopped drinking white and turned to Red wine. I write down everything that I eat and drink and then post it on Myfitnesspall and according to their calculations I have stayed way under my TDEE which is 1805 since the 19th of Jan.

So far, since 1 Nov 2015, I have lost 7 Kilo’s and still have 2 to go, where I shall decide whether to go on maintenance or still stay on and lose more.

Please tell us more about yourself and where you are from.

Have a Great Day and good luck with the Fast and Low Calory days.

Yesterday I went over the 500 (Again!) up to 811, but I shall keep on trying!!

Hiya all. I’ve been interested to read that so many of you are using coconut oil. I’ve never used it before, just bought a pot. Of course, in the UK where I now live it’s not as generally available or cheap as I expect it is in SA.
    I looked back through the posts and saw one saying “45 degrees on the stoep this morning…” That took me back, I was born and brought up in Zimbabwe. Christmas here was 10 degrees! But in Zim t seldom goes as high as 45, you must be in the Karoo or somewhere!

Was ill with a tummy upset yesterday. I think I ate some mushrooms that were past it, thought at the time they might be dodgy but had put anchovies in so couldn’t really taste them. How stupid. Had porridge oats and yogurt in the evening, which seemed to help. So it turned into a fast day anyway, as I didn’t have more than 500 cal!
    Just been reading Dr Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet. For reducing blood sugar in type 2 or pre-diabetics (which I am) he suggests choosing from two patterns: 800 cals every day if you can do that ok for 6-8 weeks; but if that’s too low to stick to, doing the 5:2 with 800 cal on two days and controlling the cals on the other days by cutting carbs, so more veg, fats and protein but no flour, sugar, alcohol etc. Weight loss will be slower but will still happen, and providing you keep off blood sugar inducing foods your blood sugar rates will normalise. Nuts and seeds, quinoa and brown rice, lots of multicoloured veg, full fat milk and yogurt, eggs for breakfast etc., advice on these similar to 5:2 book. For pre diabetics the advice in either of his books will work, though 800 cal daily for 8 weeks will rebalance liver fat and pancreas processes more efficiently it seems.

Lazycat, hope your little pal is lots better. It’s so upsetting when your pet gets sick. My dog died last year after several old age problems, each of which sent me into a bit of a spin. And when she died my weight went up sharply, giving up two walks a day and comfort eating instead. No dog now, still miss her. She was a lanky, thin Saluki, very fast. Sadly I never got to look like her!

Hi Apricot, if you have diabetes its not a good idea to eat fruit as the fructose (fruitsugar) evolve into fat in the liver. And you should use Vit C a lot. Lean Meat and veg and salads very important. I shall also leave dairy out totally for at least 2 months and you might just be very surprised.

The coconut oil here mostly come from the Phillipines and not recommended for people with nut allergy.

I live in hankey eastern province about 30km from jeffreysbay but we are lying within the mountains. Can get excessive hot and cold. Very small town I walk around half of it in 30 minutes. Very beautiful area but we would love to move nearer to the sea.

I think you are doing very well and know that you shall preservere.

Good Morning,

I hope that you all are doing great today. Lazycat, I hope that your cat are doing well and that he has recovered fully.

Yesterday was not too bad, had 1160 Calories altogether and feel rather good today.

Sunday is weigh and measure day and I do wish that I can break the zero.

Have a great weekend.!!

Hi all. No I don’t have diabetes but a slightly higher than normal range fasting blood sugar, in other words in the pre diabetic range. This means that unless I use one of these diets I have a risk of becoming diabetic. So I’m combining the use of the Fast Diet and Dr M’s new Blood Sugar diet, both of which are effective in reducing things to normal range. So fruit in moderation is fine, though I stopped using fruit juices some years ago. Tropical fruits have more sugar, though I did have a mango last week and have another waiting in the fridge 😊 I won’t be making a habit of that but they’ve been ripening since before I started the diet. In the UK tropical fruit is sold so green, it takes ages to ripen up, and I ”stopped’ the second by fridging it so I didn’t have them too close together.
    Good luck weighing and measuring tomorrow.

Dragon Mama, I have friends not very far from you, at Schoenmakerskop outside PE. Yes, it’s great being near the sea, I live in a seaside town in Devon in the SouthWest of the UK. Sea swimming for about 8 months of the year from April or May. But today there’s a high wind and storm beating on the window.

Hi all,

DragonMama, thank you for your kind thoughts regarding my cat. I think that he is improving slowly. I am still keeping a very close eye on him especially his visits to the litter tray.

Apricot, I am so sorry about your dog. It is devastating to lose a pet and I totally agree with you that it does knock you off kilter a bit. I am usually quite level headed until one of my cats are ill, then I become a total neurotic crazy lady.

Well, I am back on track tomorrow. The house is now free from all unhealthy snacks and I plan to spend part of Sunday cooking healthy meals for the week ahead. Honestly, it couldn’t be any worse than last week.

Good Morning,

All the same weight and measurements. I am quite satisfied about that. As long as I do not gain at this stage I can look forward to break the zerO!

I woke during the night with bladder infection or something of sorts and no Dr or chemist in this town on a Sunday. So suffer I shall until tomorrow. Also no Cranberry juice!

No walking today and that I am very unhappy about!

Yes Apricot your friends live about 80km from here. Funny how small the worLd can be. Why and when did you leave Zimbabwe? Used to be such a beutiful place. Was there in 1996 travelled, camped, right through it for a month! It was Fantastic!

Lazycat I hope your Cat is doing great today! IniTothinit we miss you!!
    I wish you all a Happy Sunday.

Hi again, so other half decided to take me to our Doctor in Kareedouw, a town 80 km towards Cape Town from here, a he is our old house doctor, otherwise I had to go to someone I dont know, and he confirmed I had infection in the kidney tube and it is not very comfortable. We thought to sleep over at family but they were away, so we just came home again with a bag full of medication. So I slept some and rested and now feel much better already, just hungry so now I am going to make us some nice Dinner.

I just had breakfast this morning and nothing else.
    Hope you all are Ok and enjoying your Sunday.

I found on web one site https://reshapeready.com
    Any of you know some details about?

Hi Wutidigi, I have Checked it out and to tell you the truth I think it is un natural and weird and not healthy at all. I shall not even think about something like that. I am shocked that people can go so far to make money.

I am honest with myself. I am too fat because I put too much stuff into my mouth. The only way to get rid of the fat buildup is to put less stuff into my mouth. Everybody knows it always takes longer and more effort to lose the excess naturally one must just be prepared to be patient with one self.

That is why I find this diet so fantastic. Its all natural and there is no artificial stuff, no do’s and don’ts. And if your day did not go so well just try again tomorrow. We make friends along the way and its all free!!

Have a fantastic day!!

But Dragonmama, as you know, not everything you eat has the same effect….sugars, refined carbs😱. Etc… I’m just reading The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz, fascinating. Much of it I knew in outline from elsewhere, including Dr M, Gary Taubes and others, but the detail becomes even more interesting. I used to be a researcher, so I know about data and partial selections etc. I remember having a long discussion with my son about such things when he was at uni, including poor ethics in relation to these.

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. 80 km is a long way and tiring for both of you (2ways too). What a way to spend Sunday!

LazyCat, how’s your patient?🐈🐈🐈

Good Morning to you all,

Yes I am feeling better today and even attempted a walk which went a bit slower but fine. It just makes me feel so much better when I walked in the morning. Also it is not such a hot day.

Yes Apricot, I can see your point but remember I take it from my own experience through my whole life that I had to watch my weight and always had the struggle to get the excess fat off. My sister and I used to fast for 3 days, then eat only hard boiled eggs and baked potatos for a couple of days and then 3 days fast, and we only drank water on those fast days until we found out about the cabbage soup which always helped a lot. I dont think there is any diets out there that I did not try out and when I came upon the 5:2, I just knew that this is it for me. I stopped reading books about diets about 10 years ago as it only made me think of fattening foods and I actually thought that some writers make things up and some just go on as if they are shrinks and I unlike shrinks and I hate fat, especially when it sits on my body.

I have read very little reviews where people say 5:2 did not work for them, or it is just not their cup of tea, or maybe I did not search well enough. But it works for me and I love it.

I just hope that I can help as I found that talking about it helps a lot, whether its good or bad.

Hi Lazycat,

I hope your dog is fine by now and that you are doing well!!

Have a great day!!

Hi Initothinit,

How are you doing? We miss you a lot and would love to hear from you!

Hope that you are doing fine and have a great day.

I agree about diet books, DragonMama. When I first put on weight I tried Rosemary Conley (low fat), lost very little and gave up. I tried a couple of others but found I ate more, so just left it and put up with being a bit over weight. But then it went up quite sharply as I was comfort eating and in a busy job with car travel, I put on two stone. Tried the Dukan diet (high protein, moderate fat) which worked well for me and the weight stayed off for a few years, but then I had several large life changes, moved house several times, ate all the wrong sweet and floury things and bingo! I tried 5:2 but didn’t do it well so stopped it, but then decided to have another go. I think this time it’s going to suit me, couldn’t believe the size of the salad I had yesterday on FD, taken straight from the book, with egg and cheese too. Didn’t eat any more till 1230 today and no hunger.
    The difficulty I have I believe is I’m a carbo-holic! I can start a packet of cheese biscuits or peanut cookies and before I know it I’ve finished the pack. Ditto ice cream. So I started this diet with a week where I didn’t fast but cut out all carb foods, bread, biscuits etc. my appetite dropped to my surprise, although I fell and had a couple of cakes but by the start of the next week I was mostly off foods that are mainly carb. Then I started the FDs. First one not good, ended up on 750 cal. Second I missed because I’d an upset tummy after accidentally eating some off mushrooms. Third went hugely well, not least because of advice from this chat room. I get hungry in the evenings so just had an egg and light miso soup for brunch. This time it worked, no picking at ten o’clock.
    I do admire all you who’ve done this for ages. For me it’s all “halo effect” at the mo, so got to get used to it as lifestyle.

Hi Apricot, I only started 1 november and was Very strict on myself up to mid January. I still have 2 kilos to go and lately I am on low calory days as about 700 was the lowest I could get. So my fast days is not working so good for me lately. Now I am on the antibiotics and I have to eat so I try not to go over 1200 per day (that is what mypal something gives me a day and 5;2 give me 1800.

Next week I shall definately go back to Fast days. I do not mind if my Fast day go towards 800 I just try harder nest time.

You know other diets make me think of Weigh less which makes one So aware of food that you either must stay on it for ever or you eat back all the fat when you leave it. I don’t buy anything ekstra for 5:2 and I make hubby food every day and eat the same just less that I used to and of course I weigh and measure all and write it down.

I am also a pancake and chocolate and cake lover but try to stay away as far as possible. If I get so terrible craving chocolate I buy a slab and eat it all up. Then the craving stay away for a month at least.

Pancakes I can not resist!! And I eat it with nothing on it. I just love it!!

Have a wonderful day.

Hope you enjoyed pancake day yesterday, DragonMama! And everyone else here if they fancied them. Yes I like them too, far too much! Luckily yesterday I was on the road quite a bit, driving 80 miles each way to the choir I’m in. Mostly sensible but really craved crisps/chips. I bought a large pack of those veg ones and ate the lot on the way home. Oh dear. But at least it wasn’t a fast day, though almost 2000 cals consumed, more than my estimates on any calculator. The good thing about 5:2 is that you don’t have to restrict foods really ( though the book and the site differ on that, the book says don’t calory count except on fast days).

Good Day,
    I hope that you all had a fantastic day. Here we call Wednesdays “small Saturday” and this will definately be a real fast day for me. I have just made a Milk tart and Banana/Date Bread for my other half, and I feel quite inspired as I dont have a craving for either!!

And No, Apricot, I did not have pancake yesterday, I was just dreaming!!

Sorry about the chips but no worries today is another day for you too!!

And I just have to take care what I eat on non-fast days, therefore I write it all down. I dont really worry too much on those days, I just have to be on top of what I eat as I know myself so well!!

Have a great day!! Extra Good luck to Fasters!!

Hi dragonmama,lazycat and apricot! glad to hear that you are all sticking to this WOE despite some significant challenges. I had a revelation about this 52 despite having read so many times on posts that this is really a lifestyle change, not a diet. On a diet if we fall off we may get discouraged and quit & go back to destructive habits. But as 52 is not a diet we can carry on after a hi cal day,even expecting there will be high calorie days where we eat more than our tdee, which we will then correct by lo cal fast days. This is what naturally slim people(like my DH) do all the time without even thinking about it. We are all learning this healthy way of controlling our wt- some of you are faster learners than me,lol.
    Crazy week for me last week at work, 1 staff down so had to work longer hours,plus lost our minds in a bidding war for a 20 acre horse property along the river. Some times life is like that! No wt loss to report, but 1/2″ off my waist.
    Hope your little cat is feeling better LC- that sounds like a scary condition.
    DM 6 years ago I suffered a series of kidney infections, they are the worst! Generally just feel terrible, hope you are improving. I recall one of the meds, Cipro, caused me to lose my apetite for a few days-but felt so awful.

Ps we did not win the bidding war . . .

Oh shame about the bidding war. It’s so frustrating when that happens, Init…

On the contrary, I’m a beginner on all this, haven’t sorted it yet at all and have only kept myself going for two weeks by constantly reading up on all the research. But as you say, it has to become normal eating, for life. I’m trying to stay off hi carb foods at present for two months, but will have to introduce them in moderation at some point.

Good evening,

My fast day just lasted until 5pm. Tomorrow is my lastday of anti biotics so I shall try after that. And I feel quite fine.

Thank you Initothinit, and welcome back, been worried about you! Sorry about your lost war. Wish some people want to have a bidding war over my property!!

Anyway, I don’t think you are doing bad yourself! Half inch good and positive.

I read about this lady who did not weigh or measure for 8 months and Only stuck to 2 fast days a week and she lost all the weight she wanted to plus a bit more. That is awesome! So just keeping up we all can do it!!

Yes Apricot, you are right.

Tomorrow we have to get away to the beach as it is going to be a schorcher well within the 40’s so I just hope that you all will have a Fantastic day!!

Oh lucky you DM! Envy! Have a lovely time. Scorchers in the UK are 27-30 degrees! And seriously warm sea is 18. At the moment the sea is about 8, warmer than most years. On Sunday there were kids playing in the waves with shorty wetsuits on! Tough or what?

Whew! Nearly blew it by accident today. I decided to have smoked mackerel salad late afternoon. Having not eaten all day, I prepared it, adding in a hard boiled egg left from yesterday to avoid waste. Realised after I’d eaten the lot that I now couldn’t have a bit of yogurt later in the evening to avoid hunger pangs. Hope I get through ok on tea and water!

Hi Apricot, I hope that you Made It! It is mostly the evenings that get me to spoil my fast days.

Yeaterday was very hot and the beach were fantastic. I have never seen it like that. It was extra low tide and On the beach only a bank of salty mist was hanging and 30meters from me, I could not see a person, just a dark shape! No mist on the water!

Also yesterday the last day with anti biotics so today I shall attempt a fast day again and can just hope that it will work today.

Initothinit you are quite correct, I think of it that way too. And thanks I feel very well.

Lazycat hope your cat is ok and that you are doing well.

Have a happy day.

Hi all,

DragonMama, thank you for asking after my cat. He is now back to his usual curious self. However, will be on medication for life.

Now that my cat is okay I am hoping to try and get back on track. All prepared for fast day tomorrow.

Hope that you are all doing well.

Good Day,
    Yesterday we had a total shutdown on our electricity from 5am to 7pm. So I could not use anything in lieu of an emergency. Then had the shock of my life!! My daughter phoned from the hospital to tell us that her daughter, 7yr old on the 23rd, has been stung by a bee, showed drastic allergic reaction and they had to race to a hospital, she had difficulty breathing and at the hospital she ran in yelling for help and all the nurses and doctor rushed Mila through to the emergency whatever and stabilized her in time to save her life. Good heavens, I did not think my heart could still take that kind of thing, but I suppose once a mother, you can handle anything!! This morning she is a bit groggy but ok. Now she has to have medicine with her 24/7, and can you believe that it will only be available in 2 days time!! This fantastic country of ours.

In any case back to 5:2 I made it on Friday. Had 404 Calories and it did not go bad at all, just missed the wine (which I Needed yesterday!)

Yesterday I went totally nuts with my evening meal, so there I am over 1200…a Lot, as I had a chocolate pudding/cake in a cup/microwaved.

But no worries, this week coming I shall do my utmost best to have 2 fast days. O yes and this morning my weight was 69.5Kg so half a kilo down, and I hope that it will stay down, even after that chocolate cake!! measurements Waist is 1cm up hips 1 down, rest the same.

Where does one measure hips? Where it is the Widest around? That is what I do.

I hope that you all have a fine last day of the weekend and are doing well.

Strongs to you all.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.