Adding 5:2 to my ongoing diet success

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keto Rose 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I began my weightloss journey in 2014 and have been slowly modifying my diet to suit my needs. Ultimately I want my diet to be something that will be easy to maintain. Didn’t enjoy or succeed as much as I would like just calorie counting. So, I moved over to a grain-free low-carb direction and am currently enjoying Keto, which is a very low carb diet to enter nutritional (chronic) ketosis. In Keto style I will put an emphesis on protein for my fast days followed by some fats keeping carbs as low as I can. I also decided to make it all chocolately while I’m at it. My current plan consists of two liquid meals on my fast days. One meal is a cold coffee, chocolate whey protein, egg, and heavy whipping cream shake. Second meal is one carton, 4 cups, of unsweetened almond milk with 4 tbsp of sugar-free Hershey chocolate syrup. 522 calories for the day, which is pretty close on the mark for a 5:2 plan.

I’m optimistic for 5:2. So far I have lost over 50lbs with my efforts so far, and am about at the halfway point for my goal weight. In particular I think this will be a great techique for the eventual maintenance phase. I’m still months if not a whole year away from my goal, but I won’t let it slip once I get there. Once I got overweight I simply stayed there for years. I never tried to lose the weight before. This has all been one continuous effort I plan to be 100% successful in.

nice topic to get started with

Two weeks under my belt with the third about to start. So many of the things I have read randomly around here are holding true. I found my appetite near nonexistent after the struggle of the second fast day, I had to prioritize eating. In general the first fast day was easy, but the second day my mind never stops thinking of food. By all appearences this has helped me getting to my goals. Also, I feel very satisfied conquering this sort of challenge. There is so much junk science information on how to eat, and a lot of that comes with eating small meals all the time which just isn’t true at all. I get if, psychologically, eating many small meals may help but, physiologically, it doesn’t matter.

Tomorrow will be my third week. My husband even decided to join me, we’ll see how he does!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.