A year on

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  galexinda 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi All,

I have been following the fast diet for just over a year. So far I have lost 33lbs and about 8inches from my waist! I have also gone from a size 18 UK to a 14 and recently bought gym clothes in size 12/14 and was very chuffed!

I follow the 5:2 fairly religiously (other than when on holiday) every week and lately since I have felt more confident about my weight I have also rejoined the gym.

The fast diet has been revolutionary for me as I have struggled with my weight and eating for years (probably since my early 20’s 34 now!). The fast diet is so flexible it doesn’t make me feel like I am stuck in a rigid routine and I can cope with the hunger knowing that I can eat normally again the next day. This diet has been instrumental in changing my attitude towards food and I know that I will probably be on it for life just adjusting my calorie intake to my weight needs.

Still a fair way to go for me but slow and steady wins the race as they say 🙂

I love reading the inspirational posts on here as well 🙂

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi, Just read with great delight your results from the diet I’m just embarking on! Well done you, and this has to be said, what an amazing and fantastic result that you have achieved. This is the kind of result I’m looking to achieve and once on this 5:2 I intend to keep to it! Its definitely an inspiration to get other forum members write about their goals and achievements. Perhaps when I’ve done a few months, I can be more confident to write about how I’m doing………… Thanks for sharing your great and inspiring news about your weight loss and healthy lifestyle which is what its all about!

Hi, Just read with great delight your results from the diet I’m just embarking on! Well done you, and this has to be said, what an amazing and fantastic result that you have achieved. This is the kind of result I’m looking to achieve and once on this 5:2 I intend to keep to it! Its definitely an inspiration to get other forum members write about their goals and achievements. Perhaps when I’ve done a few months, I can be more confident to write about how I’m doing………… Thanks for sharing your results!

Well done Blossom – really good work! Its amazing the positive changes 5:2 makes to ones outlook on food in general. I think this is the legacy of 5:2 – long lasting and mindful. Well done you!

Well done Blossom. I’m just hovering around the ‘getting started’ stage but your post is very inspiring as it shows that this can be an achievable way of life and that it does actually work. Thank you so much for posting ☺

wow – nothing like success to provide encouragement! After 3 months I am 1 stone 4 lbs lighter and I feel much more comfortable in my clothes. Wardrobe is looking more interesting now that I can wear something I’ve been avoiding!

Hi just reading your inspirational post. I am just embarking on this way of life, could I ask, did you consume your TDE quota on non fast days. I suppose after years of yo-yo dieting I am struggling with the theory of eating that amount.

Thanking you in advance for replying, I really want this to work.

Debbie

TDE?? I suppose you mean eating whatever I like? Absolutely yes! I usually ‘treat’ myself to some buttered crumpets or biscuits and full fat cream cheese to prove to myself i can eat anything! Just recording weight loss approx once a week after a fast day and its usually between one and 2 lbs

Hi, sorry its taken me so long to reply. I have been away.

On my none fast days I try to stick to around 1200 calories. Some say that is too low for me but it is working so I am sticking to it. Obviously I go over on treat days i.e. if I go out for a meal etc.

I record EVERYTHING on My Fitness Pal on my phone that way I can keep track if I can have that extra cuppa or biccy or not. Also I tend to disregard the theory the more you exercise the more you can eat as if you are dieting it kinda defeats the object 🙂

that’s useful – thanks!! that will help to explain variations in weight loss I’ve experienced!!

So inspiring to read this 🙂 I hope a year on from now I will be able to post something similar. Thanks for sharing xx

I use my Fitness pal too, not to count my cals as such just to see how many i eat. On non fast days i tend to average between 1300-1600, which i know is actually quite low, but i’m just not hungry to eat anymore. I’ll have the odd pig out day if i have plans or am eating out etc.
    I do 600 cals on my fast days now despite beign female.
    Since Jan i’ve lost 19.8 kg and just got into a size 14 top (was 20is before depending on shop).
    Very happy!

Yes – using the fitness pal app really helps and choice of food can be a lot more imaginative! Had a celebration meal the other day at a hotel and I worked out approx what extra calories I’d had and then I fitted in an extra ‘fast’ day. Managed to get back on track within three days! Having had such a good meal made it easier to eat less afterwards and I had nice things like strawberries ricotta cheese and cucumber to enjoy the day
    I must add that the 1200 cal allowance really works for me and I find that according to the calorie and carb bible 2015 (brilliant by the way) it depends what your weight is at present – that allowance is a bit low for someone over 60 yrs of age and over 15 stone and moderately active but ok (and works!) if you are 13stone or less

Always enjoy reading topics like this as I started 5:2 in April, quickly lost the weight and have been maintaining under my goal weight for four weeks. Used calorie count to track food intake and found that on non-fast days I always ate under TDEE and yet I have never felt hungry, mostly because I do enjoy vegetables and salads that are filling and yet low in calories. Some websites say the TDEE is just a guideline for non-feast days and that it is up to the individual to find out what works for them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.