5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5ft 2 with 14 pounds to lose. Anybody want to join me for 10 week challenge

This topic contains 243 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 44 posts - 201 through 244 (of 244 total)

• Hello to all. Hope you have room for one more. I started the 5-2 diet the other week, but just joined the community today. I, too, would love to drop 14 lbs. (live in the foothills of Tennessee, USA)
    Mon./Tues. are going to be my fasting days. Now that I’m 67, losing weight is much harder for me. I lost weight with weight watchers several yrs. ago, but when I tried doing WW on line, nothing happened. So, after reading about the 5-2 diet and reading about the success so many of you are having, I thought I would see if you had room for another person battling the ever increasing waistline.
    I work as an occupational health nurse at a large glass company and if I am going to talk to patients about eating healthy, I believe it should first start with me.

Good Morning, welcome Gigi, hope you will enjoy our company as much as I do. We all have good,bad and better days and what is so fantaStic about this Diet is that you never have to feel guilty. If you did not succeed with a fast day, tomorrow you just try again! Like exactly what happened to me yesterday!

I also tried to fast 2 days in a row but the second day I just can’t make it so as I see most of us do the first day and then 2 or 3 days regular and then the 2nd Fast day, which works wonderful.

I keep a diary of everything I Eat and drink with the calories every day as I am very eager to lose the extra as soon as possible. I weigh and measure every Sunday and I use the Tracker on this site. I find it a fanTastic tool.

Today is Fast day and its going to be extremely Hot, according to the Weather bereau, so I must walk either early or late pm.

Have a Happy day everybody!!

I want to thank those of you that made me welcome and also share the experience of my best friend and her husband. They had about 10kg and 20kg to lose. Doing the 5:2 they both easily got to their goal wieght without too much drama. But the best bit is that it is about eighteen months later and they are both still at their trim goal weights (in spite of holidays, celebrations, wine and being the wrong side of 50 years old). They continue to do the 5:2 once a week and if they look like they might be creeping up they add a second day now and again.

Keep going ladies and don’t fret those days you go over the calories. We should all be in for the long haul (tempting as it is to want to lose 2kg a week, of which I am guilty) and try to do better on our next fast day.

Go Girls!

Hi Fatpigeon thanks its good to hear success stories!

Today shoukd have been a Fast day! I went for my walk and feeling a bit off and not a lot of energy, was Forced to take my blood pressure and it was a bit low 90/60 so I Had to eat some sugar stuff and 440 calories later knew my fast day was spoiled. But I am feeling a lot better. And tomorrow is another day!!

Hope for a fine day for you all!

I honestly have no idea how much weight I am looking to loose right now – I know everyone needs a plan and such.

I was 8 and a half stone and then I had an accident which left me in a wheelchair for 8 months – being 21 and really into working out it did my head in and I gained a lot of weight.

I started walking and using the 5:2 in January and by summer time I had got back down to just over the same amount, but I fitted in all my own clothes and people were no longer making nasty comments.

Since then I have been having lots of seizures (epilepsy) and have been unable to work out, I honestly have also been a little slack with my fast days and more slack with my non fast days.

Still, I am now nine stone, I would like to be less – and gain my muscle a bit again. I am just finding it so difficult, as my doctor is telling me that it could be dangerous and seizure provoking to exercise.

Hi Everyone
    This is coming to the end of my second fast week…today is a fast day. I plan on having oatmeal as late as possible in the day (usually I can hold off until 1 or 2 pm before I start to feel famished) followed by dinner of chicken breast and salad/veggies. It’s tough for me during the afternoon – no snacking or picking at food to try to keep calories down.
    My first week was a huge success, losing about 4 pounds, but then last weekend had a very naughty weekend so I’m worried about tomorrow morning’s weigh-in. I don’t expect the success of the first week (which I imagine is a lot of water, not fat), but I don’t want to be too disappointed. Will see.
    I have found it very, very helpful to use my Fitbit to motivate my walking, plus the FitBit app to keep my calories accounted for. I use the calorie counter on FitBit even for non fasting days (not all of them but very often) to make sure I don’t go crazy. Hoping this coming weekend won’t be a total failure like last one. Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend ahead!!!!

Hi everybody, replant I hope that you will have a good Fast, I am again attempting a fast day today. Also start wity oats.

I do hope that I get it right today!

Mrs pepperpot, how are you doing? Hope you are well. Strongs to you lady!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Thanks Dragonmama
    Any thoughts on not “blowing it” on the weekends? This seems to derail me totally. I am good, good, good during the week… then somehow I feel the need to let loose totally and like “I deserve it” because who can be good for that long? Moderation has never been my strong point (in either direction).
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    So glad to be part of a community.
    Yes Ms Pepperpot, sending you positive vibes from France!

Good morning everyone. I just want to say a massive thanks for all your lovely comments and positive energy.

Unfortunately when I’m stressed I comfort eat. And of course I don’t choose salad or nibble on veg. ?. It’s always high calorie sugary rubbish.
    I am going to do a fast day today and I will succeed. I’m not going to bother weighing in as I don’t want to depress myself.

My soon to be ex husband of 25 years is a controlling, abusive bully. His solicitor sent me an out of court offer yesterday but he has de valued all our assets, hidden money and is still trying to control me even though we are no longer together. Well my boxing gloves are on. I’m ready for the fight.

I need to have a good few weeks to tackle fast days head on. But I am worried about all the forthcoming Christmas parties I have booked in ??.

Keep up the good work girlies xx

You go girl Ms Pepperpot – we are all behind you! Don’t let him take advantage of you … but from seeing other friends go through divorce, try not to let it drag on too long either. You need to move on for your well-being too! Enjoy the people that really matter this holiday season, and while being healthy is important, perhaps losing weight should be a lesser priority than handling stress, getting sleep, finding pockets of relaxation! Good luck to you and hope you enjoy the weekend!

Morning everyone, good luck if you’re on a fast day. I have lost another pound this week, so am pleased with that, slow and steady… Watched an interesting show on tv last night, highlighted the benefits of fasting on blood sugar, could watch it feeling Bert smug! So the benefits of this go much further than the weight loss. Keep positive ladies ? MrsP keep up the good work but remember to give yourself a break while going through such a stressful time, let yourself enjoy those parties.

Hi Rplant, to avoid overindulgement over weekends. Wear a dress 2 sizes to small look into the mirror and tell that person staring back at you that she DESERVE to fit into that beautiful dress!

Hehe

Good Morning to you all, I hope that everybody is having a fantastic weekend!

I have lost yet another 1Kg and I am Very happy. I feel So much better. So far 4Kg that’s about 8 and a half pounds in 22 days.

I know that is most probably impossible to expect that this coming week I can lose another KG but if I can manage a half kilo it will too be rewarding enough.

Mrs Pepperpot, I still think of you every day. And your last entry made me think, when I was in your shoes, I just signed and went my way. Did not fight for anything. By doing that I lost my small farm, only 8 hectare, but I bought it with money I inherited from my parents, and just because I was heart sore and down, with the wrong people giving me advice, I became a. Statistic of easy come easy go. And I am So very sorry that I handled it so.

So fight for what is yours, just make sure that you do not overdo. Be fair and put that amall foot down. Be Firm and do NOT let him see or notice that you are hurt!!!

I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Strongs to you all.

Good morning from Canada!

Today i start the fast. Not off to a good start as i just discovered I DO NOT like boiled eggs. Now mind you, if it was mixed with a ton of mayo and onions, it would be great! Now will have to think of something else to eat instead of a cookie or sweet of some kind. I hope to be able to stick to it today but worry after this mistake this morning. Good luck today ladies and keep up the good work. Mrs. Pepperpot, I too am in the throws of legal BS. Stay strong and dont let him get you down. Fight for what is yours too.

Good evening to all the quiet people!! Welcome Stayfree. Try poach egg. And there is lots more stuff to eat.

Today is a Fast day for me. It just Happened. Yes again I am really lucky as we went out for the day walked about 3+ km on the beach and lunch was a cookie and banana so when we got home I realised that I can have 200 calories to total 500. So I just had something small and now I am Hungry and I know it is a Good sign.

Hope you all are doing well. We would Love to hear about the weekend!!

Strongs to you all!!

Hello! I have been terrible about posting but have been reading your updates frequently and it has kept me so motivated, thank you all! I haven’t been weighing myself but have noticed my favorite pair of pants are very big recently! I’m in my 7th or 8th week of this diet and this week will be a hard one. First time my family is all together for thanksgiving in 4 years! Lots of drinking and eating!! I did a fast on Saturday and today again in preparation! I generally eat the same thing because I enjoy it, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup seasoned chicken breast cut up, 1/2 cup broccoli for one meal. And then a fried egg (just use a spray of cooking oil) and half of an English muffin for the other meal. It generally leaves me with about 60 calories to spare. I just love this diet, the fasting days are difficult but it has been such a good test of self control and will power for me!

hi BeckyB, you are very good to not weigh yourself, i just have to look for results, but if your trousers are looser that is obviously a result, well done.
    felt like i had overindulged at the weekend, but checked my calories and it wasn’t as bad as i thought, though was over on friday and saturday, but am hoping that eating well on monday and wednesday, then fast on tuesday and thursday will mean i continue to lose a little on the scales on Friday, fingers crossed.
    have a good week everyone 🙂

Hello! Yesterday was a bust but stayed under 1300 cals. Today I try again wtih oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Already at 240 cals so this afternoon will be tricky! I have a bean salad ready and waiting for lunch/dinner of 176 cals and some veggies to snack on. This sure is hard and I feel its all I think about! Good luck today ladies and enjoy your weather where you are as snow is in my forcast today. :0

Hi there You all, hope that everybody have a fantastic week.

Stayfree, that is why I love this diet so much. If your Fast day goes bust, you can just try again the next day.

I feel so much better and I am not even halfway there!! I cannot wait to shed the rest!!

I wish More of you will keep us up to date with your progress. We miss you!!

Hi all and well done on your amazing results.

I haven’t managed a complete fast day in a few weeks now. I will be kind to myself and accept that I’m having a very stressful time and I’m on an emotional roller coaster. Someone said that after being in an abusive relationship when you have no control over anything then it helped them take control of their eating and lose the 14 pounds they had to lose.
    I am going to put my mind to that and take control of my eating.
    I am off work today so will fast tomorrow. YES I will

Thank you all for your encouragement.

I am struggling with my emotions because my two sons – both in their 20s have realised that their father is someone they have no respect for. And I can see how devastating that is for them. As a mother all I want is to protect them

Hello, I have not been able to only eat 500 cals this week. Yesterday was at 700 so today will try to lower it a bit. As i said before, I think of nothing but food now while trying to restrict myself. I never thought it would be this hard. I dont eat sweets or junk often, I seem to eat high calorie food and drink more than my fair share of Merlot ;). This I know I have to lay off of. But I must say that I am glad that i can start to see what my patterns are, and this will be helpful in the future. After letting myself do and eat what I wanted as an adult, its hard to “re-wire” this old brain of mine now. Good luck to all of you today and this week.

Hi You all, there was a glitch and the site would not take the menu away so I could not write anything.

Yesterday I had a Fast day and it went well untill late evening I swear I was never so hungry in my life! But I held out and feel very good this morning. I also walked 2 and half km. The walking gets better and a bit easier.
    BeckyB I cannot go a day that I don’t weigh myself. You have great resistance. Good luck to you.

StayFree I also have a tough time with the Wine. I see that when I drink 2 glasses it alone make my calorie intake Too high, and then I also tend to eat more of the High Calory foods.

Mrs Pepperpot you are in my thoughts and hope that you will go better every day!!

Hi everybody, I have gained a kilo!! Thought its too good to be true. But I shall work harder at resisting the Red wine this week and will let you know.

It always is a Not so good time of the year as it is my son’s 42nd birthday, he died 9 years ago.

Hi everyone, this must be a very difficult time for you Dragonmama, certainly not a good time to be worrying about a kilo. Give yourself a break.

Have managed to stop jumping on the scales every day which I think is better for the willpower too. I lost 2lb this week, was really pleased as had had an indulgent weekend last week, and a meal out with friends mid week (not on my fast day), just shows that if you manage to stick to the 500 twice a week it can work. So I have lost 7lbs now (half a stone to other Brits!) so am really pleased. Though as we hit the festive season I expect it will be a bit harder, I might just try to do one day a week if I have a lot on.

Keep up the efforts everyone 🙂

Hi TraceyS, thanks it is Somewhat difficult but I have grown To become Used to the reality as I realized that there is no way to “get over it”. Fortunately he was a happy child and grownup and made a Huge impact om so many people’s lives, who all remember.

Well, I feel good today as I had some bad luck during the week as I got a Backspasm and could not walk, but today I am 1 Kg lighter and standing now on 73Kg. I just hope that the scales are true and that I shall be able not to overdo anything this week.

I hope that you are OK Mrs Pepperpot? I think of you every day and wish you will post more often.

I really miss al of your news. Good luck to you all and have a happy day!!

Hi You all, really this is going Too far no posta since 29 nov. That’s Not good.

Hi all
    I guess people are busy are Xmas approaches. I managed 2 fast days but the week also included 2 nice lunches, an evening out with curry and wine and only one gym visit, so was pleased to stay the same weight as the previous week. Am not going to stress too much as the holiday season is on its way, so some weeks might only have one fast day til the new year. Going to try fast Mon and Tues this week as have social plans on wed, Thurs and sat, haven’t tried two days in a row before so will see how that goes.
    Keep going everyone ☺

Hi TraceyS thanks at leAst you reacted. It is in my natuRe to worry over everybody and no posts wory me a lot. Happy day to you.

Hi there DragonMama
    Sorry I have not posted – I failed my challenge miserably.
    But I am planning on giving it another go.
    Next week I have a Christmas party and am spending the holidays with my parents.

I still have 14 pounds to lose (at least). I am in work Thursday and friday this work so I will have a fast day Thursday.
    Thank you for your support. I really do appreciate it

Hi Mrs Pepperpot, so good to hear from you. How’s the div going? I hope all is Ok. Not to worry too much about the weight tomorrow is another day and When you feel better and the div behind you, inspiration will return with a vengeance!

Enjoy the party! And a Merry christmas to you and everybody on this topic.

Good morning all and Merry Chirstmas!
    I have not fasted in a week but have lost 2 pounds, so I am happy. I read this article this morning and thought you all may enjoy it. Fasting is not only good for loosing weight but also the brain. Here is the link:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/12/11/neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain-why-big-pharma-wont-study-it/

I plan to fast today and so far so good. I will let up on the wine during the week and save it for the weekends. This I know will help.

Good luck to you all and you are all in my thoughts. We can do this!!

Hi Stayfree,
    Thanks for that link will have to look at it on laptop as mobile and that website doesn’t do it.
    Glad you lost, its terriffic! Congrats!

I am still same weight but keeping at it. Sometime or the other weight must give in and go!! HEhe

Good Morning everybody! Wow, you all must be very busy! I hope that you all enjoy every day fully!

Today I am down another Kilo so far 5kg and I am more than halfway there.

A Merry Christmas and a Wonderful and thin 2016 to all.

Good Morning,

Really?

Very well, I hope you all are doing Fine.

I am another 1Kg and 1cm down. So now totall of 6kg and I feel Great. I did not expect to be down after the Christmas indulgence, so I am Very Happy.

4 days to go to 2016 and hope that you all do great and very happy.

Hi there DragonMama and well done. You have done amazingly well.

I have a court date beginning of March. Divorce is at a standstill. I have to accept that it’s going to take time.

But I have decided that I need to take control of my weight. It’s making me unhappy. No excuses. If I have to go to court then I can use that as a target date to look bloody good.

Thank you for thinking of me.
    Happy new year to you xx

Hi Aiden, congratulations with the loss, 35kg is really a lot! Are you on maintenence now? Sorry I can’t do you tube, mobile Too old for that.

Have a Great old and New!

Regards

How is everyone doing? Not been on for a while so just an update. I have 4.5lb to go until I reach my target of 8st. Not been strictly 5:2 but have just been usually having 2 meals a day a total being 900-1000 cals. Confident I will be 8st for holiday to Florida end of April. Best I have felt in a very long time. Good luck to everyone x

Hi all –
    Well, I completely fell off the wagon the past 2 months! We were slated to move mid-Dec, but plans changed. We have been in temp housing since Jan 1 – finally have identified a house, but can’t move for 2 more weeks. Life has been crazy. Now my jeans are too tight.
    Will commit to getting back into fasting ASAP! Wed will be my first day this week.

How is everyone getting along?

Hi there, I am trying to get the hang of these forums and this seemed like a busy feed! 🙂 I did slimming world for a while and just can’t keep up with it and the fresh prep everyday

I get married on July 10th 2016 and would like to lose around 17 lbs for then. I am 10 stone at the moment and a size 12-14 but would love to be a size 8-10 for my wedding.
    I started the diet today and had a roll with tuna mid morning (around 300 calories) and I am going to have a 200 calorie bowl of soup for dinner. Not planned my other days properly yet but just looking for any hints or tips to get started. Does it matter what you eat on your fast days? As long as it’s around 500 calories?

Thanks everyone, happy dieting!

Good day Bridetobe2016,

Congratulations with the proposed wedding and Welcome to the 5:2. Its a lovely diet. There is No food that is forbidden And No food that you Have to eat. There is just the 2 any days of the week that you MUST NOT eat and drink Not more than 500 Calories.

On those days you must drink more water to avoid headache. Tomorrow you will feel SO good. You will see.

As you can see most of this post’s people has not been posting lately, so I started my own post and here is the link if you want you will be more than welcome. I post most days.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/africa-fat-challenge-inspiration-motivation/

Good Luck and Kind regards

Hi everyone, how did we all do? Sorry I’ve not been on for a while – lots of things happening (that I won’t bore you with) 😉 but I did get down to my target weight for holiday – in fact I got down to 7st 12lb so I was well chuffed with that. Only put on 5lb during 18 nights in Florida so really not too bad but since getting back I am now back to feeling uncomfortable and bloated and need to lose a few more pounds again. Will get back on it and start eating more fruit and less Galaxy (my God, I forgot how good that used to taste). Oh and Reese’s peanut butter cups – aargh! 😀

I’m 5’2″ and have just lost a stone, 14lbs. I’d like to lose another 7, but 3 would put me at the top of acceptable BMI.

I’m off to the USA for a month. The first fortnight will be difficult as we are on a tour. Thankfully, I’ve got used to two meals a day,,so hope I can manage that.

I admit, the wine will be hard to resist when on holiday.

Hello, everyone! I hope I’m not too late for this topic. It’s great to hear about all your weight loss accomplishments! I am 130 lbs (down from 133 when I first started fasting two weeks ago, and from 140 in March) and want to get down to 128, but if I could reach 125 that’d be AMAZING. I’m also 5’4 and from New Jersey, USA. Im finding it hard to not go over the 500 cal limit, but I heard drinking tea and black coffee help. Any tips?
    By the way, congrats bridetobe2016! 🙂 🙂

Hi, everyone.

I am delighted to report that I didn’t gain a pound during my tour. Being vegetarian helped I think as I was rarely tempted in the meat-loving south. I only had one ice cream, in Graceland- enormous.

At my son’s place now and running around with the boys. I weighed this morning – 138.8lbs!! So that is into that psychological 9st.

My daughter in law measured me on the boys’ height chart. I’m actually 5’3″. That has meant my top BMI is higher and I’m decently in it.

Viewing 44 posts - 201 through 244 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply.