5:2 diet to lose weight for someone who's already quite slim

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 diet to lose weight for someone who's already quite slim

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annieevieollie 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there, I just finished reading the 5 2 diet book and am extremely interested in doing it.
    However I’m very concerned about whether or not I can still enjoy the weight loss benefits like others.

I’m an 18 year old girl, 163-165cm,53-55kg.

As you can see, it’s probably a very healthy weight for my height to a lot of people hence why it never works when I try to get any weight off. However I am not happy with how I look and I know I can be a better version of myself.
    I have quite some fat gathered at my stomach area and other parts are also a bit ‘meaty’. I promise I have no eating disorder though.

I’ve been trying to lose around 5-7 kg for a very long time but I just can’t!
    I’ve realised eating below 1200-1000 calories for a long time has really slowed my metabolism so I’ve upped my calories to around 1400-1500 since a few days ago.
    Do you think that would benefit my weight loss?

Anyway my overall diet is quite healthy. I’m asian and I love my vegetables and it’s been this way for quite some time. Since a month or two ago I’ve started walking 30-60 minutes for at least 3 times a week.

I also drink a lot of tea, or water.

So my question is, how would I.F give me the weight loss benefits?
    Or would it not give me any weight loss at all??
    I’m very excited about this fasting method as it seems to be a solution to the never ending problem with my weight!

After converting your height and weight I think the problem is you may not be able to lose any weight as you probably are at what you should be. I am about your height and was about your weight when I was 18, I recently got some photo albums out of around that time and couldn’t believe how slim I was, as at the time I didn’t think I was. I’m not sure what to suggest as I think a loss of 5-7 kg would make you quite thin. I also don’t believe women are made to have flat tummies etc (except the lucky few). All I would suggest is to eat healthily and keep exercising and may be try 5:2 if you like but sensibly. Not sure if anyone else has any other thoughts?

Hi muffin, thank you for your reply! I really do appreciate your concerns and suggestion 🙂 however I do believe I would be happier if I looked slimmer and if the meat poking out of my tummy and thighs were reduced 🙂 I am aware 5-7 kg is just a number, it all depends on how I look overall right! 😛 So I’d still like to lose some weight and be happier with a slightly slimmer version of myself 🙂

Hi hayleyin. I am currently in a similar position, I’m quite short at 5″2 (157cm) and around 118lbs. I’ve always had quite a slim build but since I’ve had two children my extra flab just won’t come off.
    After Christmas I am determinned to start the 5:2 if you’d like to do it with me and help each other along 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.