5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5:2 Countdown To Christmas!! – Join me!!

This topic contains 114 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Pot-bellied Heron 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 115 total)

• I’m in. I need to get my belly gone. Increasing age and increasing booze has left me a tad misshapen. I’m fed up with feeling sad everytime I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I’m not interested in any measurements (weight, calories, inches). I just want to see a nicer reflection and fit in my trousers without discomfort.

Hiya, I’d like to join you too.
    I have previously done 5.2 with success, lost around 2 stone. Have tried various other diets, they only worked short term. 5.2 is fab. I used to look forward to my fast days.
    Been off 5.2 diet now for around two months, only put back on 9lbs, and 7lbs of that was my 2 week holiday weight!!
    Got to lose remaining stone, mebiz more, will see how we go.
    Let’s see what team work does!!

@simcoeluv thanks for the welcome and link.

Hi I would like to join you did start a little while ago but stopped and need to get myself motivated again

Hi Id like to join the christmas countdown Ive been dipping my toe in and out of 5:2 for too long and need a focus, Ive 2 st to loose and hoping to lose some by October 11 as Ive a 10K run fasting tomorrow and trying porridge for breakfast and soup for tea good luck everyone looking forward to the support x

Hi all
    Count me In I have been doing this on an off an not taken it seriously first fast day tmrw. A stone off for Christmas would be good, the majority say a pd a week so that’s 11 pound off right up until,
    Cmon guys we can do it

Hey all,

I would love to join you too! I am from the U.S. But currently working in Asia for the next couple of years. I wanted to try this for weight loss since it seems the simplest way to get back to my goal weight of 150.

I was 181 when I arrived here in July after a summer of overindulgence. I slowly worked down to 174 when I started 5 2 fasting and after two weeks I am now at 171.5. I workout 5-6 says a week and plan to do 5 2 and occasionally up it to 4 3 when I can manage it since I really want to hit 150 before the new year.

Let’s do This!!

I’d like to join you all too. I have been trying, but keep sabotaging myself at the weekend by having a glass of wine…and then two….and then losing all control. AAAgggh .

Count me in. I’m doing my second fast day today and as a habitual grazer I’m finding it *so* *hard*

It was my partner’s idea for us to do this together. We’re both a little overweight and a little unhealthy. We’re hoping that some of the positive side effects described in the book, like improving allergies, will pay off for us. When we’re at home we encourage each other, but when I’m at work there is nothing but temptation around me, which is how I ended up here in the forums.

When I weighed myself last week (my official start) I was 3kg overweight on the BMI chart (so could afford to lose up to 20kg and still be in the “healthy” zone) and according to Mosley’s advice of waist size being half your height I’ve got 12cm to lose from my middle. I don’t want to place a bet or anything on what my end results will be, but if I can stick with this routine until Christmas I should be a lot closer to those goals.

Everyone’s results are so inspiring! On my 2nd fast day after a big weekend watching the rugby with a few too many snacks and drinks I’m hoping to have shifted something at my week weigh in on Thursday.

lost a pound after my first fast last Thursday – put it on over the weekend as I was with the OH. Will be fasting tomorrow and thursday as something came up today. I love that you can fast on the days that suit you.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and good luck for fasting this week.

Better late than never – I’m in!
    Weighed in today at 12st 2 or 170lbs, despite feeling like I’m permanently on a diet! So felt pretty down as you can imagine!
    Want to properly commit to doing the 5/2 til Xmas at least. My motivation is to not have to start yet another January unhappy with my weight – how great would it be to be at my goal or well on my way there?!
    If anyone’s after a buddy I’m going to weigh in every monday to keep me on track. Would love company!

Hi everyone!

Its great there is so many of us on board now. I completed my fast day yesterday – when I fast I try to eat nothing at all but got very hungry and cranky so ended up having an apple, a handful of almonds and piece of dark chocolate and that saw me through!

I am not going to weigh myself as I find it does not work for me as a motivation because if I lose weight I feel like rewarding myself with chocolate and if I don’t lost weight I feel like giving up…and eating chocolate! hahaha!!!

I do feel like my stomach is flatter and my clothes feel looser. I am going to fast again from Thursday evening to Saturday morning and then enjoy a Family Reunion eating (and drinking!) what I want!

Everyone keep up the good work – and we will all look a million dollars by the time the Christmas parties come around!!!

Hey Chubbz, I’m doing monday weigh-ins too, though I usually use kilos (the numbers are smaller!).

Last week, before any fasts, I was 76.6kg, yesterday I was 74.8kg. That’s a big drop for a week so I expect it’s some water weight and whatnot combined with hormonal changes. I’m still pretty chuffed though 😀

Back to fasting today! Made a bet with OH to lose at least a stone if not more before 1st January so have that as motivation to keep going! Trying not to eat anything until lunch although my stomach is crying for food! Water and green tea to get me through to 2pm!

First fast day for me today – I’m hungry but having a coffee or peppermint tea when the hunger hits. Wont eat until tonight when im making courgetti – it’s a good pasta substitute but hardly any calories and feels like a proper meal.

Lindles well done on your weight loss! Good point on the kilos!

I lost 7 pounds this past week. First week of 5:2 so realize a lot is water weight loss. I am keeping my carbs to around 30 until I get to goal. Off to a great start though!

I have had 2 Fast days since starting and am going into number 3 tomorrow. So far not having a lot of trouble with fasting. I am combining the Adkins way of eating with my 5:2 Diet since I am a carb junky.

Well done on the weight loss Kimrae!
    That’s really motivating to hear, hope i have similar results 🙂

First week completed and I’m 4lbs down 😀 ! 145.5lbs down to 141.5lbs, I’m very surprised, although the fast days have been tough (and I think I’ve been a bit over 500 in my fast days) it hasn’t been a massive burden to do them and much better than calorie counting all the time. Going to try and stick to a weekly weigh in so I don’t get upset if there’s fluctuation from day to day. Absolutely delighted, bring on week two!

Ok I’m hoping to start on Monday and have my second day on the Wednesday those days are the days I’m at work alone so no temptation from others (I hope), I haven’t weighed myself yet but know I have at least 21lbs to loose, a little concerned about Monday as always seem to be hungry at the moment and not sleeping well 🙁

I’m in please. I had some success with the 5:2 two years ago to get to a particular goal- since then the weight has crept back on and I am over 15st which I’m very very unhappy with. My biggest struggle is traveling for work and having to eat out a lot- but then I realized if I can’t control what I eat I can manage when I eat so the Fast Diet seems likes the best solution.

I’d like to lose 14lbs by christmas- I’ve lost 3 already so I’m on my way. And then another stone by Easter.

All the posts have been so inspiring – thank you all!

So I’ve just finished 4 weeks of doing the 4:3 version and the results were pretty impressive, having lost 4.9kgs. First week was the hardest but after that it became a not too unpleasant routine.
    Now I plan to alternate 5:2 and 4:3 and see how that pans out.

I would love to join the 5:2 Christmas challenge… I’m very inspired by everyone’s progress so far.

I did the 5:2 a couple of years ago, inspired by the original panorama program, and with great success. But got a bit lazy and work and other things got in the way and stopped doing it – and the weight it back on. I have a stone to loose to get back to healthy weight – would be very happy to loose any of it by Christmas! Going to start the 4:3 from tomorrow to kick start the process!

First week weigh-in today.
    Have lost 3lb!!
    I followed 5.2, but this week I’m going to follow 4.3
    I have previously done 4.3, and had great success.
    Good luck to everyone else!

Right first day done and not too bad though food was on my mind a lot of the time, had the chance to listen to the 5/2 diet in my audio book which I found helpful.
    How is everyone doing there day? (i.e evening to evening or eating a breakfast or snack during the day)
    Wednesday is my next fast day and looking forward to it going to weigh myself on Friday (current weight is 69 kilos)

I will join,have started today! Just been for a walk, shock in itself. On school hols here so motivated. But really need help.

Fantastic that so many people are joining, I think we will make a real difference in the three months before Christmas. On my first fast day of week 2 today-I’ve not weighed since last Thursday and I’ve been eating plenty so I can’t really see how I will have shifted anything-it doesn’t feel like a diet at all !!! Fingers crossed and good luck everyone 😀

I’m in! I did the 5:2 from Jan- end March this year and lost almost 7kg in 10 weeks in the lead up to having a kidney transplant (my husband donated a kidney) Now on steroids the weight has crept back up and as well as Christmas I would love to lose around 4kg in time for my wedding anniversary on 17 November. I currently weigh 83kg, target is 68-70kg. I’m fairly tall at 5’9″ so anything lower than 68kg looks terrible on me. Target by 17 November is 79kg, target by Christmas is 76kg. I’ve started today, and have never looked forward to fish and salad so much in my life! Steroids make me feel like I’m starving all the time.

First week done and I’ve lost 1.5kg, I’ve found having my evening meal at 7 and then going through till 7 the following evening works for me because as soon as I have a breakfast or small snack It seems to make me feel hungry for the rest of the day so I just drink fruit tea, roll on next week 😀

Hi everyone,

I’d love to join too! I’ve lost over 30kg since December 2014 and pleased to say that I’m very close to my target now. Incredibly, I’m down from a UK size 20-18 (my heaviest) to 10-12 now but I’d like to keep motivated until the Xmas and the New Year because that’s roughly when I’d reach my target according to my calorie counting apps. ? There’s been a stumble last week and I definitely want to keep at it until I reach my goal weight.

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!
    Best,
    A

It’s been a month since I started and I was in very good spirits yesterday after being pleasantly shocked at my side-on reflection in the mirror. This perhaps isn’t the right forum for me as I’m doing alternate day fasting but when I’m happy with my shape I’ll be stepping down to 5:2 for maintenance/fine tuning.

Anyway, I’m hoping that all the fat I want to be rid of will be gone by Christmas, if not before. I’m pretty sure from my improving shape and what I’ve seen online that most of the bulk I’ve lost is visceral fat of the intra-abdominal variety as the hard protuberance that started below my sternum has almost vanished already.

If this carries on I can see myself getting quite evangelical about fasting ?

Good luck to all!

Jan51, surely that’s not 5:2 (where a fast would last for approximately 36 hours) but simply having one meal a day? Our do you mean that one of those days is your fast day and you’re only eating one 500 calorie meal?

Did everyone drop out?

I’ve just embarked on the 5:2 regimen (today is my second fast day) and have been toying with the idea of dropping another dress size by Christmas. I say “another” because I have been watching my weight since last Christmas to a certain degree. Nothing radical, but I have been counting calories with the aid of MFP. It’s certainly made me choose more wisely.

I’ve lost 24 pounds (11 kg) over the year, but I seem to have plateaued. Now at 115 pounds (52 kg), I don’t have an awful lot left to lose (just under 9 pounds / 4 kg), but I’d like it gone, nonetheless! I’m not very tall – just under 5’4″, so the weight really shows on me. I’d call it having curves, if I didn’t know better!

So I’ll join you if I may 🙂

Feel free, SMF. I’m not sure what’s happened to everyone else though! I’m aiming for a flat stomach by Christmas which may be a tad ambitious but I think it might just be possible.

I’m still in, I’ve lost 1st 3lbs so far and aiming to make it 2st by Xmas.

Enjoying the steady consistent weight loss, and in particular clothes becoming much better fitting. I’ve got a whole new wardrobe’s worth of clothes waiting when I do lose a little bit more as well!

Help please! I am managing the fast days I problem, but still not really losing weight. Any advice on what to eat on non fasting days ?

millierosie,

Like you I am looking for answers more than offering them, but several ideas come to mind:

What is “not really losing weight”? Do you mean not as much as you would like, but a small steady loss? If yes, I would say, be patient.

Or if you’re not losing weight at all, how long have you been at the 5:2? Are you honestly restricting to 500 cals. on your fast days? Are you bingeing/ boozing on your non-fast days? You should be eating sensibly for weight.

Have you tried the 4:3 pattern for some weeks?

Good luck everyone.

Update: Embarked upon this two days ago – did my two fast days per week in a row – and have lost 1.5 kg (3.3 pounds) in just two days – so down to 51.7 kg.

Pleased so far. Just hope I don’t undo it all over the course of the next few days, although I am now incredibly cognisant of what I put in my mouth. I rather like the discipline, so am thinking of stepping this up to 4:3; ideally Mon., Tues. and Thurs.

Will report back.

Good luck, all.

@Pot-bellied Heron: My tummy’s my problem zone, too, so I know how you feel. I am an exercise-shirker, but it might just be time to stretch those muscles and ligaments :/

Have now been on the 4:3 since beginning of september and have lost 8kgs. Currently 92.2kgs, am now aiming for 90kgs by christmas which will make me very happy. Have found a whole new wardrobe of clothes that now fit me again which has been quite an incentive. Haven’t found found it too taxing (small blip for half-term, hard to resist eating when the kids are around) but will probably start 5:2 in the new year.
    Good luck to everyone, hope it’s working for you

Hope everyone is doing great! I am down another 9 pounds making a total of 16 pounds. Doing the fasts is not that hard for me to do and I had to do a few days of no fasting to break my plateau! It jump started me again just like promised. I was a little worried doing that but it worked! Keep up the weight loss everyone and here is to a healthier 2016!!! WOOT! WOOT!

I wish I’d bought some scales now, if only to provide me with numerical results that I can post. Everyone seems to be doing very well!
    Millierosie, bin the 500 calorie threshold and go for zero. It’s easier and you’ll be less hungry on your feed days. That’s what I find anyway.

Hello,
    Quick update as of end of October have lost 6.2 pounds. Total of 14.96 pounds in 2 months. I only weigh in twice a month and have realised that my lose is within the first 2 week of the month and then nothing at the end. Its been so for 2 months i am pretty pleased with the weight loss and looking forward to the next weigh in. Fingers crossed it will be positive. I am 5’8.5. At the moment i weight 78kg and my overall goal for now is between 68 – 70kg (at 68kg i look skinny so will see when i get close enough) which i have given myself to achieve by the end of January/February (initially i said end of the year) as i have gathered the weight loss slows down when you are close to your goal. So slow and steady.

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey.

@kimrae well done 16pounds loss

@Pot-bellied Heron is there an alternate day fasting forum or intermittent fasting forum.? i combine 5:2 with IF and its been quite effective for me so far

@postmansmissus we’ve got similar target and height well minus the .5 – used to be 5’9 but i hear as you grow older you shrink hence my .5 loss

@bonnynz – I hope you are back on track for the christmas goal?

@carljames – are you still doing 4:3 till the new year? if so thats good. I am going to give it a go for a little while as well i.e. 2 week at a time (see if makes any difference to my weight loss)

Great job to all on the losses so far. Its good to see that we are all so determined to keep it up and we would feel and look better in come christmas.

If there is, I haven’t seen one (though I haven’t looked particularly hard). I’m here because my intention was to do 5:2 when I started but I decided on ADF for fast results instead. 5:2 will be my maintenance diet once I’ve shed the pounds.

Hi all, when I started my fast diet at the end of May this year, I weighed 74 kg and was just about too big for a size 14 at M&S. I’ve struggled all my life with my weight and never succeeded in getting it off. This way of losing weight and getting healthier appealed because I trust Michael Mosley immensely, so I gave it a try along with my husband, who wanted to lose weight so he could run faster!
    I determined to get down to 60 kg and (I was guessing here) hopefully a size 10 at M&S for Christmas ie 7 months to lose 14 kg. In old money, that was 1lb a week. I’ve never succeeded at that rate of weight loss before – but I am on track, exactly – 1lb a week over 5 months. I now weigh 63.5 kg and I am so much happier! I can buy size 12 tops every time but am holding off the trousers until I’ve lost the remainder. I have some size 10s as well! But I think they are larger sized.
    My fast days are Monday and Thursday. I eat nothing till 6pm, that’s what I find easiest to stick to, but I do drink plenty, including tea with a tiny splash of milk (used to have a lot of milk). I now find I eat less on non-fast days. I am so very HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! and I have no doubt the weight will stay off this time on a maintenance fasting basis.
    I am on track for 60kg by Christmas! Wayhay!
    So far lost – 3 inches off the bust, 4.5 inches off the waist, 5 inches off the hips. And from 35% body fat to 29% body fat, 24% muscle to 27% muscle (I’m doing HIT on an exercise bike twice a week, on fast days, and badminton twice).
    So everyone, keep the faith, you can do it if I can!

Well done nerves!! Thats great loss. I lost similar but I took longer than you to do it. I started at 78 kilos in Feb 2014, and I am now 60.5 kilos. I was nearly a size 16 when I started and now Im size 10, UK sizes. The inch loss all over has been amazing eg waist from 38 inches to 27. My BMI is 22.9 down from 27.5 Mostly I did this with 5;2 but more recently I did 4;3 to loose the last few kilos. I am now at maintenance and still loosing a tiny bit each week which is fine. So hopefully we will both be 60 kilos at Xmas!! Good luck!!!

Well done Kindle! You’ve done fantastically well! Yes, we can dance around the Christmas tree together (without the wobbly bits, hehe!)

Hi All,
    I’d like to join the Christmas countdown too. I started 5:2 in June and have so far lost about 18lb, I started out at 13 stone 1 lb and am now down to about 11 stone 9 ish depending on when I get on the scales. I would like to lose about a stone for Christmas and need to get back on track as the last two weeks I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit. My next fast day is Monday as that’s when I’m back at work and find it easier when I’m working.
    Good luck everyone.
    Debbie x

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply.