500 cals or 1/4 of goal weight TDEE

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summerannie 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all, just wondering? I checked my TDEE which is 1300 cals. I’m fine to stick to that on my non fast days, but I’m wondering if my fast days should be 1/4 of that? Eg: around 325 calories? I’m not sure I could stick to one that low as I find the 500 difficult enough? What should I do? Would love some advice as I would like to speed up my weight loss a bit? I’ve lost 3.5 in 5 weeks? Many thanks!

Hi Summer:

I vote for sticking with 500 on your diet days. If you went to 325 you would be on about a 1000 cal. a day diet, which is very hard to stick with for any length of time.

Your weight loss is very good for someone with your TDEE. Your TDEE of 1300 = 9100 cal. a week to neither gain nor lose weight. To lose a pound, you need to cut 3500 calories out, which would leave you at about 5600 – way too low to sustain for long. Put another way, if you ate nothing at all you would only lose slightly more than two pounds a week.

I’m afraid people with low TDEEs just lose weight more slowly.

Good Luck!

Hi and thank you so much for your reply. I’m relieved that I can stick with the 500 calories as I don’t think I could manage otherwise. Re my TDEE, I calculated that on the goal weight I would like to be? Should I have entered the weight I am presently into the calculator instead? I’ve read a couple of different viewpoints? Also I definitely relax a bit on weekends so probably go over my TDEE then anyway! Thanks again for your advice. Ps. I have printed out your ‘trousers’ post to inspire me!

Sent from my iPhone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.